Notifications
Clear all

Is My Face Ruined By Dermabrasion?

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 04/03/2014 6:09 am

Dudley, I'm not sure what you mean by those pics not showing where she's at. The labels clearly indicate that those pics are taken in March 2014, so at most a few weeks old. That is the current state of her skin 8 months after dermabrasion. Like you said, it clearly is alarming indeed.

Dudley, I agree lasers have their place. Unfortunately in this case, her skin obviously cannot take another resurfacing procedure of ANY sort for a long long time. This does not look like 8 months post op.

I think she needs to take at least a year off and just baby her skin, and find out where she really stands. I posted a thread on the Essential Day Spa and I hope she reads it, and starts doing some nice things for her face. She was on the right track with DeepFX, then she took a detour into the wrong thing - Re:store, and then she did the worst thing by doing dermabrasion. In her frustration she is making all the wrong moves. Her treatment plan is almost the exact opposite of what I did, and she has turned to more primitive treatments. Still I believe her skin is not ruined. Those middle pictures from the dermabrasion are alarming, but really don't tell much about where she is at. If I had a picture 2 days after my first Re:pair it would be pretty scarey, but 3 days later not so bad. This year will mark 3 years since my last Re:pair, and that is only because I became more socially active after improvement from Re:pair. I am not perfect, but the change is so dramatic that it changed my whole attitude. There are a few on here that seek to silence me because I challenge their notion that Re:pair is the work of the devil, but I will take my first hand knowledge over their heresay any day. I stay out of the subscision debate because I have no concrete evidence whether it works or not. As with all other forums there are a few that take a position when they have no real knowledge of the subject. Read the bottom quote on my signature it is from "The Road to Wellville" it describes how people can be sold anything in the name of health.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 04/03/2014 6:44 am

blahblah, something is just not making sense. The middle pictures look like right after dermabrasion. I think the dates are wrong.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 04/03/2014 7:13 am

I certainly wish this is wrong and we are misunderstanding. This is how Inspired and myself have understood the pictures. She has not contradicted us the many times we have brought up this point. She labeled the 2 middle pictures After March 2014, so clearly those were taken very recently unless she decided to label them March 2014 for no clear reason. She clearly and deliberately labeled the before pics as JULY 2013. That is not the read out from a camera, but someone deliberately labeling the picture. I think this is indeed the current state of her skin. Jenny would you please clear this up?

This was the first question I asked her and then I expanded the pics and saw the dates. She has not said otherwise.

This is why all of us are concerned about her. This is not the skin of someone who is 8 months post op from any kind of resurfacing procedure I've seen. Heck, I just did a test spot for dermabrasion myself 4 months ago and my spot is pink but not raw looking.

blahblah, something is just not making sense. The middle pictures look like right after dermabrasion. I think the dates are wrong.

MemberMember
(@jenny-from-the-block)

Posted : 04/03/2014 8:13 am

I have to clarify that the red and scarring pictures are at March 2014 (post dermabrasion)

and that is why I am that worried and wear a mask to street

and the 'quite normal' photos are at Jul 2013 (pre-dermabrasion)

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 04/03/2014 8:17 am

Okay jenny so you confirm that the pictures do represent the current state of your skin. I completely understand your concern.

MemberMember
(@jenny-from-the-block)

Posted : 04/03/2014 8:45 am

Okay jenny so you confirm that the pictures do represent the current state of your skin. I completely understand your concern.

Thanks

and therefore I am hereby asking everyone in this forum (especially those who had dermabrasion before) if my face is sabotage by dermabrasion.

You can see the flesh on my face is 'dug away'

chronic acne breakout and severe acne scars in the past decade have already given a blow to my mind

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 04/03/2014 9:47 am

Actually I have not had any laser since 2012 because I saved my money for Sculptra

Jenny,

I didn't know you were also planning to try Sculptra. Did you have it done already or prior to dermabrasion?

Looking at your pictures again, I really can't believe a licensed doctor, experienced with dermabrasion, did this to you. It does look like he dug out areas of flesh. He had to have gone extremely deep for your skin to look like this after 8 months. You really should get a second and third opinion on what's gone wrong with your procedure. Other professional opinions matter much more than our opinions in this situation. I would absolutely sue the doctor that did this to your face. Hopefully, you're able to sue and win substantial compensation in your country. It's difficult to sue in Japan, so I don't know if it's an option for you.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 04/03/2014 4:22 pm

Jenny, you need to step outside this forum and contact a teaching hospital. There is no way you should be that red after 8 months. That is what I looked like immediately after dermabrasion. Step up your nutrition. That doctor is a butcher. Also contact a lawyer. This is much more serious than I first thought. We are all on your side so please keep us informed. What country are you in?

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 04/03/2014 5:06 pm

Jenny what you are dealing with is beyond the scope of lay people on here. You really need to go to an elite doctor at a teaching hospital like Dudley suggested. There's no point in being here and seeking the advice of non medical people, and very few people have experience with dermabrasion anymore. From what I can see, there are depressions and areas of hypertrophic scarring, indicating very deep dermabrasion and consequently bad healing. Is your doctor truly a plastic surgeon? I am beyond shocked at the heavy hand he used on you.

Was this done by a wire brush? The "dug" out flesh you describe is something I've read about before from dermabrasion that was done too aggressively and with a wire brush, which cuts and can gouge very deeply. We are all in agreement that this looks like skin that was resurfaced very recently, not the skin of someone who's been healing for 8 months. Please do something soon and don't waste time on this board.

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 04/03/2014 7:25 pm

Dudley and Blahblah are right about seeking proper medical advice. But definitely use the board for support. We are here for you!! Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@jenny-from-the-block)

Posted : 04/04/2014 4:43 am

Jenny, you need to step outside this forum and contact a teaching hospital. There is no way you should be that red after 8 months. That is what I looked like immediately after dermabrasion. Step up your nutrition. That doctor is a butcher. Also contact a lawyer. This is much more serious than I first thought. We are all on your side so please keep us informed. What country are you in?

I live in Hong Kong but had dermabrasion done is Taiwan

He's a plastic surgeon and is quite renowned

I am complaining to the medical department in Taiwan

I am quite worried as I am a foreigner and there's much difficulties demanding compensation

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 04/04/2014 5:34 am

Have you seen your doctor or any doctor since the procedure? If not, you really need to see a doctor asap to minimize whatever damage you can at this point.

MemberMember
(@afantastic)

Posted : 04/04/2014 9:03 am

Jenny,

I think for now let your skin heal - The more you keep removing the epidermis the worse your skin will get. Stay away from chemical peels, lasers, dermabration and baby your skin with natural products and do not let the sun near your skin as you heal. I would advise looking into needling such as dermastamp, this is far less invasive as the aforementioned treatments however does take time to see results. Please again just try to relax and let your skin heal for the time being.

Regards,

aFantastic

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 06/05/2014 9:32 pm

Jenny,

How are you doing? Any progress with your healing? I hope you have been able to locate a doctor who can help you.

MemberMember
(@hopeisall)

Posted : 06/06/2014 6:46 am

Let your skin rest for a few months. If you have the money, I would go to dr. Chu in Engeland.

You seem like a very strong person, hang in there and fix what you can.

I can't lend you the best advice, you need someone who really knows what he is doing.

If you need support or vent, I will check my post.

MemberMember
(@sts54)

Posted : 06/07/2014 6:32 pm

Hey Hon, My skin was like that too after a doctor used an Erbium laser on me 7 yrs ago. It lasted a long time. I went for IPL treatments for the redness after months of having it and it helped but don't do any more lasers until you see a few doctors. You really have to let your skin heal since you did so much to it already.

You didn't mention if they were sores or if it's just redness or if it hurts. If it's just red they can probably help that but if it hurts just leave it alone & take skin vites & vit c & d & use oils. Nothing with chemicals. Use honey to help with the redness & healing properties and oatmeal masks if it hurts. I know the feeling but you need to baby your skin now. I used grapeseed, olive oil and coconut too. I also used zinc cream & dabbed it on the sores.

Def let a few doctors check you out but be gentle. It takes time to heal. Don't feel hopeless. I was in your position. It took time but it got better.

See a derm instead of plastic surgeons. PS usually say to use more lasers or they don't want to touch you because they don't like to fix what another doctor did. I got my money back from the doctor who did my damage. It was hard since we sign papers. I saw a lawyer but he said I wouldn't win because of that so I kept writing the doctor for over a year telling him how much I spent trying to fix his mistake & finally said I was going to seek legal advice, that's when he gave me my money back so keep letting the doctor who did this to you know your not going to just let him get away with it. You'll be ok. I know it's hard to live with right now but there is hope. I didn't think so but eventually it got better. I know it takes a lot out of you doing the things you have to to get better. Think positive, your young & you'll heal faster than I did since I'm a lot older.

Keep us posted on how your doing and who you see and what they say. We're rooting for ya Hon.