Notifications
Clear all

How I Got Rid Of My Acne Scars

MemberMember
(@liquid_ocelot)

Posted : 11/28/2013 2:23 pm

Liquid Ocelot, I have hyperthropic scar on my nose, both from cystic acne and microdermabrasion. What would you recommend to get rid of it?

I am very desperate sad.png. You seem to be very skilled since you were able to get rid of your scars completely (congratz btw smile.png ).

Thank you.

I really couldn't say since i've never had scarring on my nose. And i've heard that scarring on the nose is different from scarring on the cheek, the same procedures may or may not work. The only advice I can give you is - research like a motherf---er. Look for success stories on nose scarring. You can try dermastamping, I don't think it will hurt. Just make sure you start with smaller needles and assess the reaction.

>Hey there Liquid,

I had a great read at your journey and gave me hopes on my scars and acnes. I'm glad that you've point out the major procedure that work out for ya and I appreciate that.

I'm planning on getting a dermapen and a RF device, individually separated of course, and will look into the treatment creams that you point out.

I soon hope to post a successful jorney on here for others to see just like you did here.

Thank you and wish you the

best!

smile.png Glad it helped you.

Did you use any numbing cream?

No, I didn't need it. I can deal with physical pain, it's mental anguish that I find unbearable.

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 11/28/2013 7:50 pm

Liquid Ocelot, I have hyperthropic scar on my nose, both from cystic acne and microdermabrasion. What would you recommend to get rid of it?

I am very desperate sad.png. You seem to be very skilled since you were able to get rid of your scars completely (congratz btw smile.png ).

Thank you.

I really couldn't say since i've never had scarring on my nose. And i've heard that scarring on the nose is different from scarring on the cheek, the same procedures may or may not work. The only advice I can give you is - research like a motherf---er. Look for success stories on nose scarring. You can try dermastamping, I don't think it will hurt. Just make sure you start with smaller needles and assess the reaction.

>Hey there Liquid,

I had a great read at your journey and gave me hopes on my scars and acnes. I'm glad that you've point out the major procedure that work out for ya and I appreciate that.

I'm planning on getting a dermapen and a RF device, individually separated of course, and will look into the treatment creams that you point out.

I soon hope to post a successful jorney on here for others to see just like you did here.

Thank you and wish you th

ebest!

smile.png Glad it helped you.

Did you use any numbing cream?

No, I didn't need it. I can deal with physical pain, it's mental anguish that I find unbearable.

Alright, you think it's bearable? You have any opinion of a scale 1-5 how painful the derma roller and the derma stamping was? If you compare the two.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@liquid_ocelot)

Posted : 12/14/2013 11:39 am

Depends on the person, but I would say it's definitely bearable. Dermaroller was far more painful though, don't recommend using those. It's inferior to dermastamp in every way except maybe the speed in which you can make the holes. But that would be a stupid reason to opt for dermaroller.

MemberMember
(@325world)

Posted : 12/14/2013 12:10 pm

MemberMember
(@u1971)

Posted : 12/14/2013 12:44 pm

I have dermarolled my scars and I will add dermastamping to my treatment. How many needles does your dermastamp have? How many times do you stamp each scar?

I have one more doubt. Did you cure your seborrheic dermatitis? I also have this problem and all the doctors I talked to said seborrheic dermatitis has no cure, and we can only control it. I have used several products but they only make the lesions disappear for a few days.

Thanks in advance.

MemberMember
(@liquid_ocelot)

Posted : 12/23/2013 6:20 pm

Depends on the person, but I would say it's definitely bearable. Dermaroller was far more painful though, don't recommend using those. It's inferior to dermastamp in every way except maybe the speed in which you can make the holes. But that would be a stupid reason to opt for dermaroller.

Is dermaroller a waste of time?

I'm not saying it's a waste of time, it's essentially the same concept - making holes in the skin. It's just that, why would you use dermaroller when dermastamp is superior and safer.

I have dermarolled my scars and I will add dermastamping to my treatment. How many needles does your dermastamp have? How many times do you stamp each scar?

I have one more doubt. Did you cure your seborrheic dermatitis? I also have this problem and all the doctors I talked to said seborrheic dermatitis has no cure, and we can only control it. I have used several products but they only make the lesions disappear for a few days.

Thanks in advance.

I used to use those purple jglobalsales dermastamps. Their website seems to be gone now, maybe they are still on ebay. I don't know how many times I stamped each scar, I just made sure I got even and thorough coverage. Some bleeding is perfectly fine, just don't go nuts.

Doctors say a lot of things. I'm not saying to ignore their advice completely, but sweeping statements like 'seborrheic dermatitis has no cure' and 'diet and acne have no link' are total bs, and I can say that from personal and practical experience. Those statements may be true for certain individuals, but you need to make an educated and informed judgment about your ailment and look for ways to cure it.

I can tell you that intracel did cure my seborrheic dermatitis for the most part, i've seen a 60-70% eradication of the patches. There are a few more areas which my doc didn't hit thoroughly enough but another treatment should fix this. My logic behind using intracel was that, seborrheic dermatitis is primarily caused by overactive sebaceous glands which causes a breeding ground for a certain type of yeast, this causes the redness, inflammation and increased skin peeling. It's basically dandruff on your face. I read a korean study (intracel was made in korea) which states that sebaceous glands are usually found at around a 1mm depth. He hypothesized that hitting the affected areas at two different depths with RF energy (0.8mm and 1.5mm) should cause collateral damage to the glands and fix the problem. I instructed my derm to do exactly that, and lo and behold i've seen a massive improvement. This study was based on acne, but it is the same concept. No sebaceous glands means no seborrhea.

Do not take everything doctors say at face value, do your own research and use your own common sense. We are very lucky that we have such an enormous wealth of information at our fingertips, take advantage of it.

u1971 liked
MemberMember
(@u1971)

Posted : 12/23/2013 8:31 pm

I used to use those purple jglobalsales dermastamps. Their website seems to be gone now, maybe they are still on ebay. I don't know how many times I stamped each scar, I just made sure I got even and thorough coverage. Some bleeding is perfectly fine, just don't go nuts.

Doctors say a lot of things. I'm not saying to ignore their advice completely, but sweeping statements like 'seborrheic dermatitis has no cure' and 'diet and acne have no link' are total bs, and I can say that from personal and practical experience. Those statements may be true for certain individuals, but you need to make an educated and informed judgment about your ailment and look for ways to cure it.

I can tell you that intracel did cure my seborrheic dermatitis for the most part, i've seen a 60-70% eradication of the patches. There are a few more areas which my doc didn't hit thoroughly enough but another treatment should fix this. My logic behind using intracel was that, seborrheic dermatitis is primarily caused by overactive sebaceous glands which causes a breeding ground for a certain type of yeast, this causes the redness, inflammation and increased skin peeling. It's basically dandruff on your face. I read a korean study (intracel was made in korea) which states that sebaceous glands are usually found at around a 1mm depth. He hypothesized that hitting the affected areas at two different depths with RF energy (0.8mm and 1.5mm) should cause collateral damage to the glands and fix the problem. I instructed my derm to do exactly that, and lo and behold i've seen a massive improvement. This study was based on acne, but it is the same concept. No sebaceous glands means no seborrhea.

Do not take everything doctors say at face value, do your own research and use your own common sense. We are very lucky that we have such an enormous wealth of information at our fingertips, take advantage of it.

Thanks a lot!

MemberMember
(@liquid_ocelot)

Posted : 12/29/2013 7:30 pm

Thanks, I just found out that the place I was planning to get dermarolling also has e-dermastamp, I will check it out.

Do you think I should still get dermaroller if for some reason, I can't find a clinic (that is known and not a random startup) that does dermastamp, should I just get 1.5mm dermarolling done anyway?

Also, is e-dermastamp any different or better/worse than "dermastamp"?

Thanks

Yeah, I mean like I said it's essentially the same thing. You will probably get the same results, but if you actually have a choice then go with dermastamp. Especially if you're doing it yourself since there's no technique required, you just stamp. If you're getting it done by a pro then sure I would go with dermaroller if dermastamp is not available.

E-dermastamp is basically dermapen right? Like I said in my OP, it's the same thing as dermastamp, just faster and easier to use.

MemberMember
(@325world)

Posted : 12/29/2013 7:37 pm

MemberMember
(@lotstolearn)

Posted : 01/07/2014 7:52 am

This may be a lot to ask, but can list the type of topicals that you used before and after your dermapen sessions? Also, on owndoc, there's two different types of dermapens, which include a 12 or 35 needled pen. Which is more beneficial? Congrats on your amazing results!

MemberMember
(@liquid_ocelot)

Posted : 01/11/2014 8:15 am

This may be a lot to ask, but can list the type of topicals that you used before and after your dermapen sessions? Also, on owndoc, there's two different types of dermapens, which include a 12 or 35 needled pen. Which is more beneficial? Congrats on your amazing results!

I mentioned all of this in my OP.

I don't have any experience with owndoc dermapens so can't say.

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 02/11/2014 9:20 am

Just one last question:

Why would you use Intracel if you have the skin on the pictures? Your skin is perfect man...

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 02/11/2014 9:56 am

liquid can you please tell us at what clinic you got intracel done was it at knightsbridge?

MemberMember
(@lamchopz)

Posted : 02/28/2014 6:50 am

This is something that a lot of people neglect. They become so preoccupied with fixing their indents that they forget about their general skin tone which is just as important when it comes to aesthetically pleasing skin. I remember looking at celebrities with acne scars like Brad Pitt and thinking how does he get away with it? Well its usually because their skin tone is still quite even, it makes the indents far less noticeable. So keep that in mind when treating your scars. Use safe but potent topicals to improve or get rid of any hyperpigmentation. A few that I like

Dermaheal SB

Fusion Mesotherapy Radiance

The second Ive bought but havent tried yet, but the ingredients list looks good. Take advantage of the fact that absorption of topicals is increased ten fold after needling by using the right products. Even skin tone makes a world of difference.

Liquid, when you talked about using Dermaheal SB, did you use it as a topical or did you inject it into your skin given that it is to be used via Mesotherapy? How much did you use per a skin needling session?

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 03/11/2014 11:46 am

(snip)

Type of scarring

My scars were pretty unsightly. I had a bunch of giant boxcar scars on the left side of my face with jagged edges that just looked awful. They were about medium depth and very wide. I also had seborrheic dermatitis on the same area which made them look twice as bad. Also hyperpigmentation. Basically everything that can make your skin look ugly, I had a combination of all of them. I didnt however have ice pick scars so if thats your ailment then this thread may not be relevant to you.

Having said all that, its very important to identify your skin type and make a conscious judgment about how your skin will react to a particular treatment before doing it. Dont go with what a doctor tells you if your instinct tells you otherwise. You know your own skin better than anyone else. Just because someone else has had success with a certain protocol doesnt mean its going to work for you.

(snip)

Hi Liquid_Ocelot,

Thank you for making this thread and sharing your experience. I am feeling inspired by your post and a couple others who have recently claimed success with dermastamping. I have some questions for you. You said you had giant boxcar scars on the left side of your face, and now your scars are pretty much resolved. Are you saying the texture and outline of those scars have returned to normal as well? I have some wide indented boxcars on my left cheek. I've undergone Total FX twice and Deep FX once so far. While the scars have shallowed and the edges are softer, they are still noticeable because the skin texture is very different. I naturally have large pores but the scars are smooth on the surface. Have your wide boxcar scars blended with your normal skin texture to make them indistinguishable? Also, when you say wide, how wide were your scars exactly? When you stamped them, did you completely obliterate the top layer to cause new skin to generate? I guess I'm having a hard time understanding how you can change the texture of a scar without cutting it out and hoping it heals better the second time around.

I'm also curious to know your opinion on Human Growth Factor serums. I'm currently in Japan, and needling with either HGF or EGF topicals is very popular in the Asia Pacific. I haven't seen this discussed much on the forum, and noticed that you also used Dermaheal Stem Crum. A popular brand in Japan is AQ Solutions. Do you think products with human Human Fibroblast Conditioned Media can be beneficial? Also, do you believe you experienced additional benefits by using Dermaheal C'rum? You seem to have done your research and understand healing much more than I do. As a result, I would just like to know your thoughts because the products are expensive and I'd hate to waste money if post op creams, copper peptides, Vitamin C and moisturizer are just as beneficial.

Also, did you apply bandages after stamping? In Japan, they seem to keep skin moist and bandaged after intensive needling. I wonder if there are additional benefits to this.

Sorry for all the questions. I've never seriously considered needling until now. From my experience, I know laser can improve scars. However, at this point, I'm realizing laser and RF treatments can't really change the surface texture and obvious borders of a boxcar scar. If it's possible to change the surface of a wide boxcar by needling, then I definitely want to give it a try.

I look forward to your response, and appreciate your insight.

MemberMember
(@ldh9999)

Posted : 03/12/2014 11:01 am

Hi,

I was prescribed Isotrexin gel by my dermatologist for acne scars.

I have no active acne at all, but as the dermatologist was someone id never seen before I did not use for two moths until 2 days ago.

Has anyone used this for scars?

The last thing I want is to have spots come up again from using this cream.

The dermatologist said that it would help with collagen production before my next appointment where I'll either have a dermaroller or tca cross treatment.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 03/31/2014 8:36 am

Bump

MemberMember
(@liquid_ocelot)

Posted : 04/14/2014 11:50 am

Just one last question:

Why would you use Intracel if you have the skin on the pictures? Your skin is perfect man...

Actually those pictures make me cringe, the lighting is horrible. My skin looks a lot better in normal lighting. I'm still using Intracel because i've found a winning formula, at this point I can gauge exactly how my skin is going to react to the treatment.

This is something that a lot of people neglect. They become so preoccupied with fixing their indents that they forget about their general skin tone which is just as important when it comes to aesthetically pleasing skin. I remember looking at celebrities with acne scars like Brad Pitt and thinking how does he get away with it? Well its usually because their skin tone is still quite even, it makes the indents far less noticeable. So keep that in mind when treating your scars. Use safe but potent topicals to improve or get rid of any hyperpigmentation. A few that I like

Dermaheal SB

Fusion Mesotherapy Radiance

The second Ive bought but havent tried yet, but the ingredients list looks good. Take advantage of the fact that absorption of topicals is increased ten fold after needling by using the right products. Even skin tone makes a world of difference.

Liquid, when you talked about using Dermaheal SB, did you use it as a topical or did you inject it into your skin given that it is to be used via Mesotherapy? How much did you use per a skin needling session?

Topical. I don't know exactly how much I use, I just make sure I get good coverage. Probably around 3/4 of a vial.

lamchopz liked
MemberMember
(@liquid_ocelot)

Posted : 04/14/2014 12:32 pm

(snip)

Type of scarring

My scars were pretty unsightly. I had a bunch of giant boxcar scars on the left side of my face with jagged edges that just looked awful. They were about medium depth and very wide. I also had seborrheic dermatitis on the same area which made them look twice as bad. Also hyperpigmentation. Basically everything that can make your skin look ugly, I had a combination of all of them. I didnt however have ice pick scars so if thats your ailment then this thread may not be relevant to you.

Having said all that, its very important to identify your skin type and make a conscious judgment about how your skin will react to a particular treatment before doing it. Dont go with what a doctor tells you if your instinct tells you otherwise. You know your own skin better than anyone else. Just because someone else has had success with a certain protocol doesnt mean its going to work for you.

(snip)

Hi Liquid_Ocelot,

Thank you for making this thread and sharing your experience. I am feeling inspired by your post and a couple others who have recently claimed success with dermastamping. I have some questions for you. You said you had giant boxcar scars on the left side of your face, and now your scars are pretty much resolved. Are you saying the texture and outline of those scars have returned to normal as well? I have some wide indented boxcars on my left cheek. I've undergone Total FX twice and Deep FX once so far. While the scars have shallowed and the edges are softer, they are still noticeable because the skin texture is very different. I naturally have large pores but the scars are smooth on the surface. Have your wide boxcar scars blended with your normal skin texture to make them indistinguishable? Also, when you say wide, how wide were your scars exactly? When you stamped them, did you completely obliterate the top layer to cause new skin to generate? I guess I'm having a hard time understanding how you can change the texture of a scar without cutting it out and hoping it heals better the second time around.

I'm also curious to know your opinion on Human Growth Factor serums. I'm currently in Japan, and needling with either HGF or EGF topicals is very popular in the Asia Pacific. I haven't seen this discussed much on the forum, and noticed that you also used Dermaheal Stem Crum. A popular brand in Japan is AQ Solutions. Do you think products with human Human Fibroblast Conditioned Media can be beneficial? Also, do you believe you experienced additional benefits by using Dermaheal C'rum? You seem to have done your research and understand healing much more than I do. As a result, I would just like to know your thoughts because the products are expensive and I'd hate to waste money if post op creams, copper peptides, Vitamin C and moisturizer are just as beneficial.

Also, did you apply bandages after stamping? In Japan, they seem to keep skin moist and bandaged after intensive needling. I wonder if there are additional benefits to this.

Sorry for all the questions. I've never seriously considered needling until now. From my experience, I know laser can improve scars. However, at this point, I'm realizing laser and RF treatments can't really change the surface texture and obvious borders of a boxcar scar. If it's possible to change the surface of a wide boxcar by needling, then I definitely want to give it a try.

I look forward to your response, and appreciate your insight.

My boxcars are gone except for one which I can barely make out only if I shine a light from the harshest of angles. I could probably get rid of it completely by strategically using Intracel (hitting the scar with RF energy at several different depths). I plan to do this in the future when i'm bothered.

No I don't obliterate the top layer, the whole concept here is controlled damage. You need to damage the skin just enough where the skin texture will improve, but not too much where you'll grow more scar tissue. You need to ascertain that the treatments you're doing should logically breed results and then stick with it and add improvements as you go along. Be consistent and disciplined.

I did a lot of research on growth factor serums in the past, I can't remember much now but I did like Stem C'rum. It's definitely not mandatory but every little helps. At the very least it sped up my healing. Most of the topicals I mentioned in my OP are not mandatory, I just like being extra. Trying to get rid of your scars on a budget is not a good idea in my opinion, if you really want to fix your skin then you should spare no expense. That's not to say you should waste your money on snake oil, but if you conclude a particular product will help your results then you should go for it if it's realistically affordable. I wasted a lot of money trying to fix my scars but I have no regrets at all, because it led to the things that actually worked. It's a question of how much you want it.

No, never bandaged the skin.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/18/2014 8:18 am

Hi liquid,

Thanks so much for returning to share your experiences. I have actually been dermastamping some severe boxcar scarring on my temples with 1mm needles every 2 weeks. It has been 9 weeks now since I first started treating my scars and I swear there is new raised scarring at the edges of some of my scars without improvement in depths overall. I haven't been overly aggressive. In fact I've been quite conservative in my approach. I don't have any before pics to refer to so perhaps it's all in my mind and the scars at the very least are just still the same as before. I was wondering, did your scars look worse before they started to look better or was there just constant improvement throughout?

Maybe I should try to get some terpoline to use. I've been using infadolan from own doc as a post treatment topical. Do you have any suggestions for someone in my position? My temple scars are already quite prominent so I'm afraid of making a bad situation worst. Should I just persist maybe at a slower pace you think? Thank you

MemberMember
(@liquid_ocelot)

Posted : 04/18/2014 6:03 pm

Hi liquid,

Thanks so much for returning to share your experiences. I have actually been dermastamping some severe boxcar scarring on my temples with 1mm needles every 2 weeks. It has been 9 weeks now since I first started treating my scars and I swear there is new raised scarring at the edges of some of my scars without improvement in depths overall. I haven't been overly aggressive. In fact I've been quite conservative in my approach. I don't have any before pics to refer to so perhaps it's all in my mind and the scars at the very least are just still the same as before. I was wondering, did your scars look worse before they started to look better or was there just constant improvement throughout?

Maybe I should try to get some terpoline to use. I've been using infadolan from own doc as a post treatment topical. Do you have any suggestions for someone in my position? My temple scars are already quite prominent so I'm afraid of making a bad situation worst. Should I just persist maybe at a slower pace you think? Thank you

Well the first thing you're doing wrong is stamping every 2 weeks. I would recommend once a month at most for 1mm. 6 weeks would be even better. Skin healing is a complex process, don't try and rush things. Allowing your body to heal is just as important as the treatment itself.

In my experience there's needling too much, too little and the right amount. You're better off stamping too little and work your way up to the right amount rather than stamping too much which can cause additional damage. Patience and discipline is key here, that's the difference between the people who get the results they want and the people who will forever be on this site looking for cures.

My scars never really looked worse when I started needling, maybe slight variations, but overall it was rapidly improving the first few months.
Terproline would be a good idea, or Post Laser Cream by Mesoestetic. The latter should be easier to buy.
Scarman liked
MemberMember
(@scarman)

Posted : 04/19/2014 3:18 pm

Hi Liquid, thanks for the great post.

I have been trying to get rid of my scars for so many months now. My progress has been very slow. I have been trying 1.5 rolling, but in the last few months I started stamping every 4 weeks. I was also doing 0.5 rolling between 1.5s. But after reading more about it evidence suggest doing 0.5 in between is not a good idea since even 0.5 needs at least 4 weeks to start producing collagen. Besides it hasn't added much improvement. Do you roll or stamp with 0.5 in between 1.5 sessions? Also I think I ll increase 1.5 frequency to 6 weeks from 4.

Have you used Retin-A? again I am not sure its doing anything for me. I am also using copper peptides daily (mornings) Vitamin C few evenings a week not sure if they are doing anything either. Do you use or have you ever used copper peptides?

I think the best and safest topicals for me so far have been the natural oils, such as argan, rose hip, vitamin E, they are a bit shiny but my skin feels better with them also I think they increase healing time, could be because they keep my skin moist..

Thanks all..

MemberMember
(@aurevoir771)

Posted : 04/19/2014 7:57 pm

Hi Liquid,

Thanks for a great post. When you stamped, did you stamp till your face bleed?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/20/2014 1:57 am

Thanks liquid. I'll stamp only every 6 weeks from now on and see how it goes. How densely do you stamp your scars btw? Is it enough to stamp each noticeable scar just once?

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 04/20/2014 9:50 am

Did you have any hypertrophic scar? If so, how big was the progress?