Notifications
Clear all

Lingering Pih :l

MemberMember
(@mtm92)

Posted : 11/03/2013 11:15 pm

Hi I'm mark I've had acne since middle school and recently I have been more concerned with my skin because it really messes with my confidence so ive started using different treatments. Right now my routine is to wash with cetaphil cleanser twice a day I will apply a bp product on my few active pimples on my chin and then use dans aha on my cheeks where the pih is which so far hasn't been much help. My biggest concern is just for the pih i have been stuck with these spots for atleast a couple years now and I would like to know what works best to fade/ get rid of pih the fastest. I have also tried a 50% lactic acid peel twice and i havent noticed much change still i just ordered a glycolic acid 50% aswell to see which one works for me. Anyone that has personal experience with pih that could help and give any advice would be appreciated I wish I had clear skin :( here are some pictures to show you the plague Im dealing with.post-359380-0-60498400-1383538391_thumb.post-359380-0-08066300-1383538432_thumb.

post-359380-0-60498400-1383538391_thumb.

post-359380-0-08066300-1383538432_thumb.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 11/04/2013 8:45 pm

I'm dealing with PIH at the moment as well, honestly time is what helps most here. I have PIH that has been there for years, it's faded somewhat, but still very noticeable. I did lasers and scrubs and that did help somewhat. As a preventative measure though I would advise you to put some polysporin on your pimples as soon as you see them pop up. Keep applying polysporin everyday until the inflammation is gone. It will help you avoid red marks, it really works well for me. The spots I put polysporin on end up just being a tiny faded dot right after the inflammation is gone. If I don't use the gel, I will have a red mark that will take months to fade even a little.

MemberMember
(@mtm92)

Posted : 11/05/2013 1:22 am

I'm dealing with PIH at the moment as well, honestly time is what helps most here. I have PIH that has been there for years, it's faded somewhat, but still very noticeable. I did lasers and scrubs and that did help somewhat. As a preventative measure though I would advise you to put some polysporin on your pimples as soon as you see them pop up. Keep applying polysporin everyday until the inflammation is gone. It will help you avoid red marks, it really works well for me. The spots I put polysporin on end up just being a tiny faded dot right after the inflammation is gone. If I don't use the gel, I will have a red mark that will take months to fade even a little.

Thanks for the reply I am mainly just wondering about the best treatments for pih as I've had it for an eternity I don't get active acne very much now that I'm older but I will consider using that never heard of it before thanks again.