Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scar Treatments I've Had

MemberMember
(@greg098)

Posted : 04/26/2013 8:58 am

How much % improvement from when you started treatment Gregg?

As of present, about 90% improvement. The only issues I have now is some pitted scarring. This was not fixed by subscision or co2 lazer. Im getting another co2 lazer as my doctor thinks it will reduce them so they wont be noticeable. Will wait and see the outcome.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 04/26/2013 3:16 pm

since u are in australia why don't you combine recell with ur co2 laser.

MemberMember
(@greg098)

Posted : 05/01/2013 12:38 am

since u are in australia why don't you combine recell with ur co2 laser.

location. this procedure isnt available in my city and any cities close to me.

MemberMember
(@schmoond)

Posted : 05/01/2013 2:10 pm

You look great! I'm so excited that you found something that works for you. and I can't wait to see how your next laser goes! It definitely gives me hope. Also, question: did any of your scars vanish completely?

MemberMember
(@greg098)

Posted : 05/03/2013 5:46 am

You look great! I'm so excited that you found something that works for you. and I can't wait to see how your next laser goes! It definitely gives me hope. Also, question: did any of your scars vanish completely?

YES! a lot of my scars have vanished from the first laser. When I first got laser, they all vanished for a week but then all returned as my skin healed. within the next few months, a lot of them faded and vanished. A lot of the shallow scars are gone completely.

MemberMember
(@schmoond)

Posted : 05/03/2013 12:04 pm

Oh my goodness, I can't tell you how wonderful that is to hear! Thank you so so much for letting us take this little journey with you Greg! (:

MemberMember
(@greg098)

Posted : 05/08/2013 2:24 am

Just a quick update with photos.

I just had another DeepFX and Herbal laser on a little part of my face. The area was next to my eyes. I posted a few photos 2 hours after the procedure. It's still a bit painful but not too bad.

He injected local anesthetic into the area and then used the laser. procedure took about 2 minutes.

post-47746-0-66305900-1367997849_thumb.p

post-47746-0-68767400-1367997865_thumb.p

post-47746-0-72191700-1367997884_thumb.p

post-47746-0-66305900-1367997849_thumb.p

post-47746-0-68767400-1367997865_thumb.p

post-47746-0-72191700-1367997884_thumb.p

MemberMember
(@feds91)

Posted : 05/17/2013 12:37 pm

hey man.. in your opinion, is "subcision" the best treatment for rolling scars?

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 05/20/2013 8:23 am

Greg I am so happy for you! You look fantastic and I can only imagine the confidence boost! Thank you for having the courage to not give up and to share your experience with us. The hardest part is behind you! xx

MemberMember
(@betterdays89)

Posted : 05/20/2013 8:28 pm

Greg, you are my hero. Seriously, your perseverance, patience and courage is an example to all of us :) Keep on being amazing, we're all rooting for you!

MemberMember
(@greg098)

Posted : 05/23/2013 11:36 pm

hey man.. in your opinion, is "subcision" the best treatment for rolling scars?

@feds91 - Subcision is mainly for rolling scars. laser DOES NOT get rid of rolling scars as lasers need a smooth surface to work on. Rolling scars make your face unsmooth so its pointless doing laser until you have a even surface to work on. Subcision worked great on my scars (I had extreme rolling scars) and I got good results. Be prepared to wait a long time for results. I was expecting results straight away and it was heartbreaking after my first subcision to have all my scars come back, but I am a strong person and refused to let my scars control me! After 5 subcisions, I felt like I didn't need to do anymore. This was about 2 years ago. I look back on the time when I got subcision and it seems like a dream. It was not a pleasant experience but it felt like the only option to help me get rid of my acne scars. Here is some of the stuff I experienced:

* The injections of the local anaesthetic into your face hurt A LOT. You need about 10 needles in your face before he starts.

* As he is doing it, your face starts bleeding. I ruined a few shirts. The blood goes everywhere, in your hair and all over your face.

* Complications can happen like accidently hitting near your eye with the needle (which happened to me and I was unable to see for a while) and your body going into shock and you cant stop shaking and crying (also happened to me).

* After the procedure, your face is sore but bearable. The next day you will bruise really badly.

* I was put on Antibiotics for my treatment which my body hated. Many sides effects like stomach aches and always needing to go to the toilet. This happened everyday and lasted up until 6 months after my last subcision. I would say this is the worst part about getting subcision.

* I went back to work almost straight after getting this procedure done. I had bruises all over my face but I didnt care. About a week later, I put make up on to cover the remaining bruising.

So in conclusion, I do recommend subcision but only if you have mentally prepared yourself for it.

@Quirky Fox - I didn't realise I had a confidence boost until recently when I realised I don't think of myself so negatively like I use to. This is all because I no longer feel ugly.

@Betterdays86 - Thank you. means a lot 🙂

UPDATE: It's been about 3 weeks since I had co2 laser on my right side next to my eye. The area affected was healed just after a week (It took over 2 weeks to heal when I had co2 full face laser last year) so it shows that my skin is much quicker at healing now (which I think is a good sign). The area is still a bit pink but no pain or anything. I go and see my doctor in about 3 more weeks to discuss getting my other side done and he will look how well the laser worked.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 06/02/2013 12:56 am

You truly are an inspiration, don't doubt that for a moment! It's people like you that have the brains to know what's best for you and the courage to go out and fetch it that go far! I am honestly excited for you, I hope that your improvements continue to come! xx

MemberMember
(@aser0225409)

Posted : 06/21/2013 7:38 pm

you sir are the strongest person I know

MemberMember
(@greg098)

Posted : 06/24/2013 5:08 am

It's been about 6 weeks and the area that I had co2 laser on has completely vanished. Can I see an improvement? YES!

HOWEVER

The rest of my face is still improving from the whole face laser I got done last October. As my doctor said, you will see improvement over time. I had this procedure done over 8 months ago and I am still seeing improvements.

I will not EVER get another co2 full laser done on my face again. I plan to do section by section now as its easier to manage (and a lot cheaper!!!)

MemberMember
(@theng)

Posted : 08/01/2013 1:32 am

Hi There. i think fat transfer & dermal tranplant will improve your type of scars, and the result are PERMANENT.

Fat transfer:

04052011ok.jpg

dermal transplant :

acne+scar+dermal+graft+%E7%97%98%E7%96%A

MemberMember
(@anthonytong)

Posted : 08/01/2013 3:45 am

I am so familiar with this set of photos, do you live in taiwan? shifty.gif

Hi There. i think fat transfer & dermal tranplant will improve your type of scars, and the result are PERMANENT.

Fat transfer:

04052011ok.jpg

dermal transplant :

MemberMember
(@filipz)

Posted : 08/01/2013 4:00 pm

Hi Greg.Nice results. Do you think, that TCA peel can help for rolling and boxscar scars? At least a little.

MemberMember
(@theng)

Posted : 08/02/2013 12:32 am

No, i'm not. But i been there consulted the doctor before. Have you consult the doctor before? The doctor seems quite expert in treating acne scars.

Fat transfer:

04052011ok.jpg

dermal transplant :

MemberMember
(@anthonytong)

Posted : 08/02/2013 3:33 am

No, i'm not. But i been there consulted the doctor before. Have you consult the doctor before? The doctor seems quite expert in treating acne scars.

Fat transfer:

04052011ok.jpg

dermal transplant :

I may give him a visit after my summer vacation, I think he is an expert in the field. eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@theng)

Posted : 08/02/2013 4:40 am

Fat transfer:

04052011ok.jpg

dermal transplant :

I may give him a visit after my summer vacation, I think he is an expert in the field. eusa_pray.gif

Appreciated you could share your experience with me, if you have surgery done there. I might have punch graft surgery few mths later eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@greg098)

Posted : 09/26/2013 4:25 am

hi guys. sorry for the lack of updates. been very busy.

its almost been a year since i had my co2, frazel and herbal lazer. My face is still average but a lot better then when I started all of this.

im about to get another co2, frazel and herbal lazer done again on my problem areas (cheeks and forehead). This time however my doctor will be using some of my blood at the same time which he says will give me even better results.

Quoted price is: $2050 AU

I have uploaded a photo in extremely bad light so you can see what my face still looks like.

I am getting this lazer in a couple of weeks so will be uploading photos.

post-47746-0-17864900-1380187356.png

post-47746-0-17864900-1380187356.png

MemberMember
(@kagulor)

Posted : 09/26/2013 10:50 am

Hi,Greg,nice to see your improvement,may you be better and better as you expect and hope,i wish i can own a big heart as yours,and i have several questions looking forward to reply in your free time~

1.I wonder whether the fraxel you took is re:pair?

2.And may i know your age?Do you think age may play a important role in the recovery after laser treatment?The young the easier for collagen to reproduce?

3.Although you didn't try recell(i just saw it in the former pages in this topic, which i've heard it before but paid little attention to),how does recell work?It isnt heard often here...

MemberMember
(@hiddy-cheeks)

Posted : 09/27/2013 2:23 am

You look like you've made significant progress. I applaud your persistence and dedication. I'm wondering, have you tried or considered fillers? You're might be at a stage now where they can give you that final level of improvement you want.

MemberMember
(@greg098)

Posted : 10/11/2013 1:23 am

I am currently into Day 3 of getting another round of CO2, Herbal and fraxel laser. He also used my own blood this time to improve my results and healing time.

Unlike last time, I was not knocked out. This time he used an anesthetic cream on my face which numbed it. This did numb it but I wouldn't say very well. The procedure was very very painful and I would recommend at least having some local anesthetic injected into your face before getting this procedure done. I did not have any. It was extremely painful but I got through it. Even my doctor was shocked at how well I was able to deal with the pain.

Like last time I got this procedure done, I was prepared for the worst. I wish I could say it wasn't that bad but it was. At the moment I'm on day 3 and my face is oozing like crazy and the smell is insane.

To make matters worse, I am currently very sick with tonsillitis (I had to call a doctor out to get antibiotics to help me with my throat as I couldnt breath) and I also have invisibility bracers on my teeth which I must remove to eat or drink anything so its been a really awful experience but I'm dealing with it.

I will be uploading more photos soon. Ask me any questions and Ill try to answer them the best I can smile.png

post-47746-0-53012400-1381473108.png

post-47746-0-53012400-1381473108.png

MemberMember
(@ari-abdul)

Posted : 10/12/2013 9:28 am

Omgosh the amount of money you have spent... I bet it's a lot. EEK! I can't afford any of that tbh @.@