Notifications
Clear all

Booked In For Recell **** 8 Months After** Pics Page 12

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/15/2011 5:00 am

Perhaps the scar wouldn't bother a woman, but it might bother men with short hair :). When you get the chance, please ask about healing and visibility of the donor site over time. I wish you the best of luck. By the way, the bangs look great on you ...

my answer to that would be, if a small patch on your neck is enough of an issue to put you off healing your face- your face really cant be that bad!

Thanks re: the bangs- but there's a world of difference between CHOSING to have them, and having the same hairstyle for 15 years to hide my scar 🙁

MemberMember
(@s2007)

Posted : 08/15/2011 8:59 pm

not too sure ow long the dressing stays on - I hope you don't have to rebook because I am very interested in your outcome

does the Dr have before/after pctures?

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/16/2011 1:28 am

good news- as its a small area not whole face, I'll have the bigger gauze dressing on for two days, then on the morning of the wedding it will be taken off and just a thin transparent dressing will stay on until the following week. So all good to go TOMORROW!

re: the outcome- i dont think we'll see much improvement instantly. the pigment and texture is supposed to improve after weeks/months rather than days . So you'll have to keep checking back untl next summer

MemberMember
(@s2007)

Posted : 08/16/2011 11:12 pm

good luck tomorrow!

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/17/2011 2:38 am

Today's the day!

Appointment at 5pm and expecting to be there about 3 hours.

MemberMember
(@weidong)

Posted : 08/17/2011 3:37 am

good lucki

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/17/2011 9:53 am

GOOD LUCK!!!

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/17/2011 12:37 pm

sorry to disappoint guys! Dr Ahmed advised not to do the treatment today after all, as he hadnt realised i would be flying to the wedding and also that its an indian wedding a lot more lively and more physical contact than the usual civilised western affair. He didnt want to risk bumping it or infection or any issues with swelling and flying.

So today he needled/ carboxytherapied the area to get some healing processes going and have rebooked for next thursday. Im pretty gutted (mainly because i had already mentioned the wedding!!!!) but its not worth risking messing it up for the sake of a few days.

So the original thread title remains- Recell NEXT week :(

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/17/2011 1:15 pm

Oh that sucks! :(

MemberMember
(@2001)

Posted : 08/18/2011 6:37 pm

Noticed you mentioned a silicone filler option.

http://www.fibrocellscience.com/

/\ This company formerly known as "Isolagen" has a a much better solution- using your own fibroblast cells- also harvested from a sample of tissue removed from behind your ear.

Here is an old youtube vid from them when they were known as Isolagen.

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/19/2011 2:51 am

Noticed you mentioned a silicone filler option.

http://www.fibrocellscience.com/

/\ This company formerly known as "Isolagen" has a a much better solution- using your own fibroblast cells- also harvested from a sample of tissue removed from behind your ear.

Here is an old youtube vid from them when they were known as Isolagen.

thanks i'll bear it in mind for when/if i need to work on the indent

just an update on the carboxy/needling- this swelled up the scar nicely and made it look smooth, and the pinkness blended in with the rest of my skin- shame its only a temporary effect! I think after the Recell i may try a course of 6 or so carboxy sessions to see if i can get a longer lasting improvement that way.

MemberMember
(@guicbg)

Posted : 08/21/2011 4:12 pm

nice we are all waitig for your posts!!! keep us updated

MemberMember
(@pumpkin21)

Posted : 08/22/2011 4:17 am

Anyone had recell done with Dr Khan?

MemberMember
(@ironside)

Posted : 08/22/2011 6:33 am

I've had 2 surgical revisions done on this scar already. The results was better than the original scar (which was a huge dented lumpy mess) but there was an obvious 'step' to the sides of the line. ive spent the last 10 years trying to smooth out that site. The result- the indented area left by a laser too deep.

so im not keen to go an excision route again.

I'm with s2007; I really think you ought to inquire about tissue expanders + excision. Your previous excision didn't have the desired result, I imagine, because there was too much tension on the wound, causing the edges to pull apart as it healed. A total elimination of tension, if it could be achieved, would leave only a hairline scar.

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/22/2011 1:28 pm

I've had 2 surgical revisions done on this scar already. The results was better than the original scar (which was a huge dented lumpy mess) but there was an obvious 'step' to the sides of the line. ive spent the last 10 years trying to smooth out that site. The result- the indented area left by a laser too deep.

so im not keen to go an excision route again.

I'm with s2007; I really think you ought to inquire about tissue expanders + excision. Your previous excision didn't have the desired result, I imagine, because there was too much tension on the wound, causing the edges to pull apart as it healed. A total elimination of tension, if it could be achieved, would leave only a hairline scar.

the indent isnt the result of the excision or a 'pulled apart' scar. the indent is a result of laser. the laser was to correct the uneveness left either side of the surgical cut scar. the original wound was so large, the 'pulling together' of the excision operation created a rumpling effect. i scar badly and i'm prone to keloid scarring so cutting is really not likely to give me 'just a hairline scar'

The scar is still looking improved from the carboxy. I'm surprised it hasnt been discussed more on the scar forums as a treatment option?. 3 days until stem cell treatment 🙂

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/25/2011 11:42 am

I HAD THE RECELL TODAY.....

this is what happened.

i had the area numbed with topical anaesthetic. (pointless in mycase as i seem to be resistant to local anaesthetics,

then i had a carboxytherapy/needling treatment to illicit would healing response (painful)

then i had the scar lasered with a fractional laser (more painful)

then i had a local anaesthetic injection in the skin behind my ear and a square of skin 2cmx 2cm cut off (painful)

the skin was cultured in the Recell kit then some was injected into the indented areas of my scar (very painful) and finally the solution applied over the scar and covered with a dressing

more recell solution was put on the donor site behind the ear and covered with a dressing

i was given a prescription for penicillin to prevent against infection

Right now i look like an idiot with a big dressing in the centre of my forehead down to my nose

outer dressing gets taken off in 2 days time, transparant dressing underneath in a weeks time

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/26/2011 2:50 am

just for a laugh, this is how ive had to go into work today

post-153821-1314345045_thumb.jpg

post-153821-1314345045_thumb.jpg

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/26/2011 2:54 am

I hope it has worked out well, can't wait to see photos :D

MemberMember
(@roller)

Posted : 08/26/2011 3:06 am

LOL. Awwww poor thing...

I really appreciate you moving forward with this. Alot of us here in the U.S are anxiously waiting to hear of results from cutting-edge treatments available only on your side of the world. I have lots of questions and I'm sure others do as well.

In your first post you had mentioned a possibility of PRP injection correct? Did you move forward with that or are you absolutely sure it was a Re-cell injection. Your blood is needed to be drawn for PRP. If you didn't go with PRP, was there a reason the doctor decided not to do it?

The reason I ask is because I never thought from all the articles I've read that Re-cell would act as a filler to stimulate collagen growth. I'm very surprised that it was injected. Re-cell is more of a surface restoration in texture, tone, pigmentation etc...

On the other hand... PRP is known to be a treatment that involves injecting deep into the dermis to help stimulate collagen growth.

it's interesting that he cut a 2x2 cm sqaure. Did he really cut a square? I think I'd rather have a circle or sumthin' :)

Lastly, how would you rate the Re-cell treatment. Do you see patients who want to perhaps improve their fine lines and wrinkles going through with this? is it worth the pain and hassle? I ask because Re-cell's ultimate marketing target goes beyond acne scar improvement.... they also want to target the aesthetics market as well.

You also never mentioned how you got your scarring? That isn't from acne is it?

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/26/2011 3:18 am

Hi. No it was definitely the solution injected, not PRP in the end. I think the aim was for an enhanced needling effect- maybe some of the stem cells would 'stick' in the indent????? I dont know. The more poking and needling the better it seemed :/ we'll see. Maybe he felt that carboxy, needling, laser and recell all on one day was enough.

given how painful the laser was on just a small area, i asked what happened with patients who had their whole face done for rejuvenation. They get sedated apparantly. I've seen one before/after of general rejuvenation but you cant really base an opionion on that. I dont know that people would want to have their whole faces bandaged up rather than go for botox etc, but maybe as an alterative to an even more expensive/invasive face lift?

I think a square is easier to cut than a circle. I dont really care what shape a scar behind my ear is. Plus its been recelled so scarring SHOULD be minimal

i cant recommend or give an opinion on the procedure yet. It was a little traumatic because of the pain and emotional factors behind my scarring but probably the anaesthetics work for most people so it would just be a bit of a long boring appointment.

MemberMember
(@roller)

Posted : 08/26/2011 3:38 am

Ok. Fair enough. I hope you get better soon and come back. If I don't see you back in 5 months, I'm gonna come looking for you;)

Oh and one more thing. Do you know what type of laser was used on you? Fraxel Re:pair or Fraxel Re:store perhaps?

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/26/2011 10:58 am

i dont think it was either of those. I tried to memorise the writing on the laser but its gone from my head. They said it was 'the best' fractional laser (yeah, sure...who's not going to say that?) it was definitely Co2 because it was written on the side.

ok just googled and found it http://www.quantasystem.com/root/en/produc...idprod=YOULASER

i hope it isnt a crap one :-/

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/26/2011 11:35 am

i just wanted to check, are you guys clear why i took photos in both good and bad light?

if not, its to give the most accurate representation possible.

MemberMember
(@mufco)

Posted : 08/26/2011 10:56 pm

what a procedure! all the best for your recovery and result !

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/27/2011 10:08 am

2 days after, outer dressings off

still looking a bit messy. more downtime than i'd realised really , as i teach fitness classes and still wont be able to do so for a few more days, i cant risk it. Also i'd thought i'd get away without the clear dressing showing under my fringe, but it comes down pretty low ..and i still cant wash my hair

so after hiding the scar for so many years, i now have to tell people i've had treatment on a scar...great either that or make up a load of lies about falling or something which will get me false sympathy and i'll feel like a fraud.....

anyway pics attached, just for the record. it looks like ive had an excision at this point

post-153821-1314457689_thumb.jpg

post-153821-1314457702_thumb.jpg

post-153821-1314457689_thumb.jpg

post-153821-1314457702_thumb.jpg