My 95% success!!!

MemberMember
(@slacko)

Posted : 09/02/2004 8:00 pm

congrats smile.gif

MemberMember
(@chloe646)

Posted : 09/02/2004 9:23 pm

I think it's awesome that you've found a solution and are now happy with your skin! But keep in mind that smoothbeam, peels, etc, have worked for a lot of people...it just depends on how bad someone's scarring is...peels and nonablative lasers could give fanatstic results for moderate/mild marks and imperfections.

Just because milder treatments don't work on deeper scars does not mean they don't work (even hardcore treatments like dermabrasion and ablative lasers are not meant for severe/deep scars and most people with the milder scarring who would respond to these treatments most likely take a pass on them because of milder effective treatment options that are available and the hardcore neture of stuff like CO2 lasers or dermabrasion)...I've had success with light peesl and IPL which is even milder than smoothbeam and it's lasted, IPL was done a while ago but i never had deep scars to begin with and the scarring was mostly redness..

MemberMember
(@rebellgyrl)

Posted : 09/02/2004 9:38 pm

rebell

WHERE did you have your Silicon done at? which doctor, which city?

thanks.

MemberMember
(@rebellgyrl)

Posted : 09/02/2004 9:45 pm

Im happy for your personal success but can you or anyone tell me why if LIS is so wonderful why it has not been adopted universally as a dermal filler. At one point the FDA was prosecuting Docs who used it but they have stopped doing that even though it does not have their stamp of approval for use as a dermal filler. There are many drugs and treatments which if misused can cause harm but these have never been banned the way LIS was so Im curious to know why LIS was singled out in particular. Folks may want to try fat transfer before they try synthetic fillers. Ive had a small test area of fat done and it seems to be permanent which is not always the case with fat as it is dependant on a whole range of variables but certainly worth trying. You may want to read up on Dr Sydney Coleman who is the pioneer of modern fat transfer who claims to achieve very long term if not permanent results from his technique which has been widely adopted by Docs around the world doing this procedure. Dr Sydney Coleman
MemberMember
(@rebellgyrl)

Posted : 09/02/2004 9:46 pm

I don't think it's widely accepted because sometimes people develop complications from it's use. I have read a few posts from people who had it done in Mexico who developed hard knots where the silicone was injected.

But....I'm very, very happy for RGirl because I know that she tried a lot of things and sounds very happy. I celebrate her happiness! smile.gif

MemberMember
(@rebellgyrl)

Posted : 09/02/2004 9:50 pm

Hi Rgirl and MeetPete Or Anybody,

What type of procedure would you suggets for my scars?

Please see below link.

I have scars on cheeks and nose.

When I stretch the skin(cheeks) they dissapear completely.

I'm tired of people calling me Alpacino / F***face etc.... You Know

My Photos

MemberMember
(@rustymetal)

Posted : 09/03/2004 12:08 am

Yeah I agree with whoever said that different treatments are needed for different people. If you have deep rolling scars and icepicks, you shouldn't expect a smooth skin surface after any kind of filler treatment. However if you have indents, pitted scarring, or mild rolling scars, than you can expect good results depending on the filler/Doctor's skill level. Someone brashly mentioned not trusting the clinic located south of the border, I suggest they do they're research first, as I did. It's actually American run, and highly recommended by Doctors all over the West L.A. area (wealthy part of town in Southern California) for it's cleanliness, professionalism and effectiveness. So people remember to do you're research first, before embarking on any treatment/clinic. Silicone injections (via microdroplet method) sounds promising though.

MemberMember
(@guy17)

Posted : 09/03/2004 12:45 am

can u do this procedure on icepick scars?

MemberMember
(@morris)

Posted : 09/03/2004 1:16 am

Thanks Rebelgirl and Aqua2004.

I will try some punch technique followed by light dermabrasion.

Rebelgyrl, who was your doc for filler?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@oldguy)

Posted : 09/03/2004 2:13 am

Playing devil's bb_icon_twisted.gif advocate's advocate here, imho it's alarmist to worry about mercury fillings. The problems with silicone breast implants? I don't even know if that was valid or not. I think the jury was just freaked out by the few women out of thousands that had problems. (Ok I got my data from the movie Breast Men lol) My point: Silicon is the 2nd most common element in the earth. (Oxygen is 1st) Regardless, I would probably inject radioactive dung into my face if it would give me smooth skin. bb_eusa_sick.gif

rustymetal, I was the one that made the comment about Mexican doctor visits. I did not mean to be brash. It's just that Americans (and Canadians) are protected by laws, the FDA, highly trained and licensed doctors, etc., and if anything goes wrong their can be legal recourse. Cross the border and all of your protections are gone. "American run" does not make it more credible, it only would make me wonder if they maimed a patient or something and had to leave the country. bb_eusa_shifty.gif Anyway, just a civil disagreement and no offense to anyone, I just want people to be careful.

MemberMember
(@dave666)

Posted : 09/03/2004 4:41 am

Rebellgyrl - Did you have any redness/red marks? If so how did you get rid of them?

Have you ever had subcision?

How bad was your scarring?

Also, what % improvement did you see after the silicon injections but before the dermabrasion?

Cheers.

MemberMember
(@blade007)

Posted : 09/03/2004 7:16 am

I would be careful with pemanent fillers. Sure, they give the best results in short term, but for permanent fillers there are no studies in long term. You also can not compare silicon injections into skin with breast implantats, this is totally different topic.

The best way to go is using non permanent fillers like Restylane, you may achieve good results for some weeks/months without any risk in future. With furture I mean 5 years, ten years. My dermatologist warned me all the time before permanent fillers, there has been so much trouble in the long term.

Skin is changing over the years, and permanent fillers can't react intelligent to these changes. If permanent fillers like silicon would be the solution for acne scars, it would be known and recommended from all dermatologists. But it is not yet. Maybe this is a good solution and dermatologist will recommend it in ten years, IMO it is safer not to be pioneer for a new procedure. A scar from cutting out dermal fillers is much noticable than an acne scar...

Best @all

MemberMember
(@denise2)

Posted : 09/03/2004 9:12 am

RGirl: (((BIG HUG))) back to you!! I'm so happy for you!! biggrin.gif It's great to see you around.

OldGuy: There is more than enough information out there about the dangers of mercury fillings. So many people have had success treating various "untreatable" illnesses when removing them, that you shouldn't treat it so lightly.

Good reading: http://www.karlloren.com/ultrasound/p24.htm

http://www.cfspages.com/

MemberMember
(@amnesiac)

Posted : 09/03/2004 4:07 pm

maybe even a mild dermabrassion( no wire brush involved) would be great for you.

Good luck!

why not wire brush dermabration??

Isn't this what Dr.Y uses?

MemberMember
(@scarred4life)

Posted : 09/03/2004 4:56 pm

hey rebylgirl,

what kind of down time did you experience from your silicone injections?

MemberMember
(@rustymetal)

Posted : 09/03/2004 7:59 pm

Oldguy,

You're point is a credible one regarding legal actions, however you're post in no way implied that. Just be careful with what you say and how you say it, we do after all, want to foster positive energy rather than rude or dismissive remarks at a scar support group. Also regarding your comments, the filler is approved by the European version of the FDA (and will soon be in the states in about a year's time), and like I said, credible doctors in wealthy areas of Southern California highly recommend and refer their own patients to the clinic. bb_eusa_doh.gif

MemberMember
(@oursfan)

Posted : 09/04/2004 10:36 am

I think it's fantastic this has worked well for you! At this point in time, I personally wouldn't have silicone injected into my body because years ago, I took some photographs (for legal purposes) of the damage done to a woman due to silicone implants. I don't rememeber the exact details because it was over 10 years ago, but I do remember that it wasn't pretty and that the woman was emotionally damaged from her experience.

MemberMember
(@happygal)

Posted : 09/04/2004 2:08 pm

Hi there, does anyone know if silicone fillers can be used to treat scarred pores? I am sooooo desperate to get rid of the few that I have. Any suggestions?

MemberMember
(@rustymetal)

Posted : 09/04/2004 6:43 pm

I'm personally going to start with a 50% TCA cross for my scarred pores. There has been success on scarred pores on this forum using CROSS.

MemberMember
(@denise2)

Posted : 09/04/2004 7:00 pm

Rusty, you are right. I've had excellent results on my scarred pores with 50% tca. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@blade007)

Posted : 09/05/2004 6:57 am

@rebgirly:

How many weeks did you spend between your nededling sessions?

MemberMember
(@arcticmonkey)

Posted : 09/05/2004 7:02 am

Rebylgirl, what other kind of dermabrasion is there aparts from the wire brush method? also who done you dermabrasion, and were the results excellant?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@healtysceptic)

Posted : 09/07/2004 3:24 am

Rebylgirl, what other kind of dermabrasion is there aparts from the wire brush method? also who done you dermabrasion, and were the results excellant?

Try to PM her for the info.

MemberMember
(@ylem)

Posted : 10/22/2006 1:25 pm

What a wonderful story! I am bumping this thread since some of you have complained of the link not working. I truly hope this is the answer to my prayers, but only time and patience will tell.

MemberMember
(@rupert)

Posted : 10/22/2006 2:20 pm

We acne scar sufferers suffer horrible dilemmas don't we?

On the one hand you have a treatment (silicone microdroplet) which even doctors say is highly effective for acne scarring. However the conseqences of you having a problem don't bear thinking about, maybe years down the line. In your face as well. I personally don't think that the bad stories you have heard about silicone is because of not using the pure stuff. I have read an article where a doctor was saying he was now having to deal with problem patients injected by other doctors who used the pure stuff. It was these very doctors who were crying from the rooftops about how problems were solely from the use of non pure silicone. Their patients. My own hunch is that the problem is silcone, not any technique or type of it. Just silicone.

But what a decision for people with proper scarring to have to make. Either waste our lives here at acne org trying bullshit treatments that don't work or get silicone microdroplet, enjoy life and just hope that it neither migrates later in life or fks up our face permanent at some point.

Horrible dilemma for anybody considering it. I'm sure we would all like the results, just no thank you to silicone.