Notifications
Clear all

Fillers

MemberMember
(@whyme)

Posted : 09/04/2004 1:56 pm

of all the fillers currently available in the US, what one is the best and last the longest? Old guy i know you got restlyne, how long ago was that and are you still pleased with the results? Do pretty much all plastic surgeons do restlyne or is there a good chance i would have to travel for it (live in south dakota now, moving to texas in january) Again what is the best filler in the US now? My thinking is if i can get a temporary filler for the time being and be happy with myself until something really great and permanent comes along....thanks

MemberMember
(@oldguy)

Posted : 09/04/2004 2:58 pm

Very good question! Imo the best fillers are not permanent. When they are there can be side effects such as infections, granulomas and the filler can even move as one ages. The problem has always been that nobody wants to get injected every few months. If my scars were a bit worse I might try silicone though. I just got my Restylane a few weeks ago and it's all still in there. It's super common so you should have no problem finding a doc to do it. I even see adds for lasik centers that will inject it lol. Thank the women with fat lips for it's popularity. tongue.gif

Perlane is a bit longer lasting than Restylane (it has more hyaluronic acid and also larger particles I think) and is under clinical trials in the U.S. Just a matter of time really since it's proven to be safe and is quite common throughout Europe. Radiance is long lasting but my plastic surgeon said it's very hard and noticeable. In summation, My final answer is Perlane. And of course if you can't get it yet you could get Restylane like I did, and await the next miracle filler.

MemberMember
(@whyme)

Posted : 09/04/2004 3:16 pm

thanks...so you dont think much of artecoll? I would love to be able to just get one or maybe two injections of restylane and then have artecoll be available in the states by then

MemberMember
(@oldguy)

Posted : 09/04/2004 3:49 pm

I'm really not sure what to think of it at this point. I'm personally not into being a guinea pig, that's why I got Restylane.

MemberMember
(@sebastiaan)

Posted : 11/19/2020 1:36 pm

On 9/4/2004 at 8:56 PM, whyme? said:

of all the fillers currently available in the US, what one is the best and last the longest? Old guy i know you got restlyne, how long ago was that and are you still pleased with the results? Do pretty much all plastic surgeons do restlyne or is there a good chance i would have to travel for it (live in south dakota now, moving to texas in january) Again what is the best filler in the US now? My thinking is if i can get a temporary filler for the time being and be happy with myself until something really great and permanent comes along....thanks

Hi Guys I am new at this site. Although I am 49 years old and from the Netherlands I always struggled with my acne scars got about 4 or 5 rolling scars en redness easily. I read a lot and my feeling is telling me that subcision makes sence but what filler to use. I learned about PRP is not better since it is your own blood and can be used after subcission to lift the scar up so it wont be a pit on the surface. Please advise what is the best filler with less risk of course.