Notifications
Clear all

Dermaroller - the biggest load of c**p I have ever experienced

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 06/22/2013 5:01 pm

It has worked for me!!! I have been rolling at home for over 2 years and it has definitely helped my scars. No it won't completely get rid of them but the little ones (icepick) completely filled in (and I had tons and tons and tons of them) and my big one filled in by 50% AND it helps with my smile line wrinkles. No change in forehead wrinkles, one rolling scar and line scar though.

I know it takes about a year or 2 for scars to heal on their own but I saw results almost immediatly (after about 6-8 weeks of rolling). This is after the microswelling went down.

Also, since I am rolling at home and I don't do it often (once every 6-8 weeks), the needles on my roller are still nice and sharp and I haven't had to replace it yet. This is after 2 years of use. If you're using it all the time (like some people do which is a waste of time in my opinion...you need to give your skin time work its magic), then you will definitely have to replace the roller more often...probably like every couple of months or so.

Of course we need topicals for it to work. That is what it's all about...creating those little holes (to trick our body into thinking it's been damaged but it's alway a way for us to get those topicals deep inside of our skin) so that your skin and soak in all the topicals that will help your skin regenerate. If you don't use topicals, then you probably won't see results but if you don't create a way to get those topicals deep into your skin you won't see results.

Don't waste your money on professionals. Do it yourself at home and save some money.

Your right, it doesn't work for everybody. I wish we knew why. I've seen studies on dermarolling with pictures and even in the studies it didn't work on everybody. It's too bad. Our bodies are different. We all heal differently. Why is it that some people scar while others don't? I am one of those people who scars...my mother on the other hand, who also has cystic acne, has never scarred. Why is that? It's the same with the dermaroller. It helps some people and does nothing for others. sad.png

i understand where the person who started this topic is comming from. When dermarolling u go over healthy unscarred skin making u end up with aditional scarring. Also i think its a must to use dermarolling/stamping with LED'S!! i bet if eveyrone on here used LED'S in there routine there results would be completley different. Also please explain how individual needling is worse then dermarolling? it makes no sense since with individual needling u can focus on just the scars. I personally will never try dermarolling because it seems so stupid to me. I am leaning towards individual needling with LED'S and regular copper peptides not that ''super cp serum'' bullcrap. I myself probably have worse scarring then many ppl on here. icepcisk and box scars are worse then rolling scars i dont care what anyone says.I come on this site everyday to find answers, not for fun, only because I am a true acne scar sufferer and my life has changed complelety. Ill do anything in this world to have my skin back how it used to be!

I only roll on my damaged skin. Also, I read a ton of studies and every single one says that it works on icepick scars, boxcar but not rolling or line scars. I believe it too because it has helped improve my icepicks and boxcar but there has been absolutely no improvement on my line scar or rolling scar. sad.png I am considering trying the single needling for those scars to see if that helps. Kinda scared though...

take a look @ my pic and tell me if u have similiar ice picks and box scars. from my pic u cant tell how deep they are but they are really deep. if i where to needle it would be individual needling

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 06/25/2013 9:19 am

My icepick scars were small and deep. I am guessing they filled in nicely because they were small!?! I'm not sure. I had one rolling scar that was as big as one of your scars but it filled in about 50% and it never improved after that until about 4 weeks ago when I used my dermaroller to "stamp" that spot. I positioned the needles over the hole and pushed downward. I looked at it the other day and I swear it has filled in some more but I need to wait a while longer to make sure it's real and not just in my head. lol

Also, my rolling scars aren't as deep. Mine are pretty shallow.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 06/25/2013 9:25 pm

my scars being far from shallow is exactly why i cant dermaroll/derma stamp. i would trade my deep scarring for rolling scars any day. be happy you dont have deep scarring =)

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 06/25/2013 10:45 pm

Single needling works amazingly!! Try it on one icepick/ boxcar scar and it will work (as long as you're eating superfoods and super healthy plus exercising daily gently, getting a little direct sunshine daily on your skin [without sunscreen] & your body is healthy). Experiment with single needling and fresh lemon juice or copper peptide. You can also try beta glucan. Another important skin remodeling topical is retina a (or retinaldehyde/ retinoic acid). Just use it sparingly i.e. once or twice a week for about 6 -12 months max. Last of all, look into a quality dermatological product with B3 niacinamide (this is great for pigmentation/ aged/ mottled/ severely damaged skin - just don't use it alone or you could damage your skin, this is a powerful topical...look for a good dermatological product with it so you get the perfect dose) and B5. Calcium is also said to help scarring.

As for rolling scars, derma rolling will help (it helped mine!!), but it takes a year or more. However, you will need to use other modalities too, like massage/ single needling and peels. For example, glycolic acid really helped tighten/ remodel my skin (that is, until I recently burned my skin with glycolic acid). AND DO NOT USE STRONG PEELS. However, I have recently discovered that derma rolling with a 0.25mm roller from clearskincare.com.au with fresh lemon juice is far superior to glycolic acid (because of the added benefit of vitamin c which erases wrinkles/ fine lines/ pigmentation & tightens skin/ pores) and much safer!!! Test it. I NOW RECOMMEND ONLY FRESH LEMON JUICE WITH SKIN NEEDLING (NOT GLYCOLIC ACID).

If you need to soothe your skin after, look into using beta glucan...someone suggested Garden of Wisdom as a stockist. Also, rosehip oil is helpful (just mix with 100% pure organic tea tree oil if your skin is prone to breakouts still, or try the OCM or just use a hydrating facial mist like Sukin).

One last advice, please consider taking a scoop of supergreen powder (containing 100% pure organic spirulina/ chlorella/ wheat grass/ barley grass) with a daily fresh veg/ fruit. I use Synergy. This will heal you at a DNA/ RNA level and detox your body. It will also provide your body with super bioavailable nutrition.

I have also discovered the benefit of making a face mask using the supergreen powder/ manuka honey (factor10 + or greater)/ fresh lemon juice.

Do this for 3-6 months and your skin will be transformed. Within a year, your skin should be totally healed or at least 90% plus healed.

Btw, The Body Deli looks like a great brand for topicals (or you can also look at their key ingredients and see if you can make your own DIY serum or seek another brand with similar ingredients). smile.png

PS If your overall skin is in good condition but you only have a few localized scars, look into derma stamping or single needling like Dermarolling Girl suggested. See www.owndoc.com or clearskincare.com.au for more tips etc

PPS Don't rush your skin treatments i.e. you must be patient (though diligent/ active also) in remodeling your skin...also, your skin needs ample time between treatments to heal as Dermarolling Girl stated....i.e. note that it takes 1 month for skin cells to renew and 2-3 months for collagen to reform...so 6 months would be equal to about 2 healing cycles and 12 months equal to about 4 healing cycles....so assess your skin after each healing cycle (i.e. every three months) to determine the overall effectiveness of your treatment and adjust accordingly...

PPPS Panos wisely stated that healing scars/ skin is an alchemical process, so you need to examine your skin daily on what it needs...thus, if something works, continue, if not, STOP, and look for another topical or another holistic healing approach until you get the results that satisfy you smile.png

PPPPS Ensure you keep your skin super hydrated/ dewy/ supple to prevent it from scarring & conducive to healing - skin needs a PH balanced, natural lipid barrier to keep it healthy (NB use pure 100% vitamin e under your eyes to prevent wrinkles - just don't squint)....either use rosehip oil (with tea tree oil if required for prevention of breakouts), buy a good pure organic moisturizing topical (i.e. see The Body Deli brand), or use beta glucan, the OCM, a hydrating skin mist (like Sukin, The Body Deli, Evian or make your own DIY version with rosewater etc)...I think seabuckhorn is suppose to be a great nourishing ingredient...haven't tried it yet, but am considering...other great ingredients include DMAE, Alpha Lipoic Acid, EFAs etc...

MemberMember
(@alexis1)

Posted : 08/09/2013 4:46 am

Hi,

If you are using longer needles u should definitely use numbing cream like EMLA or ANESDERM. The pain is definitely not worth it. If someone needs one, just let me know. I have couple of brand new numbing creams and can sell them if there is a need:)

MemberMember
(@stayinghopefull)

Posted : 08/10/2013 9:13 am

I just completed my 3rd at home dermarolling session (1mm) 3 days ago. I'd say there was some improvement after the first two sessions but if there was any, it was pretty minor. It's hard to tell though because I didn't take any before/after pics eusa_wall.gif. I space each session out by about 4-6 weeks. Right now my skin is in the dry/peeling phase and looks like crap unsure.png hopefully it'll be back to normal in a few days. Anyway I'll keep you guys updated. Btw I have ethnic skin, ice pick and boxcar scars and really brown hyperpigmentation and have been using aloe vera and argan oil.

i understand where the person who started this topic is comming from. When dermarolling u go over healthy unscarred skin making u end up with aditional scarring.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/11/2013 10:31 pm

My icepick scars were small and deep. I am guessing they filled in nicely because they were small!?! I'm not sure. I had one rolling scar that was as big as one of your scars but it filled in about 50% and it never improved after that until about 4 weeks ago when I used my dermaroller to "stamp" that spot. I positioned the needles over the hole and pushed downward. I looked at it the other day and I swear it has filled in some more but I need to wait a while longer to make sure it's real and not just in my head. lol

Also, my rolling scars aren't as deep. Mine are pretty shallow.

What,'s the length of the needles?

MemberMember
(@merlethe)

Posted : 04/25/2014 4:32 pm

I would not be using the dermaroller daily as some of the commenters. It's no wonder things got worse as the skin was not give the ample time to heal properly without scar tissue. And I will not be using it on my face. It is often true that your skin will heal best left alone, as in my case, and I don't want to tamper there, although I have 'signs' and colouration that suggests I used to have acne.

Actually I am going to dermaroll my stretch marks, left from an overenthusiastic upwards growth (they are horizontal and horizontal stretch marks, which signal a previous hurried vertical growth and look worst in my opinion) to my current diminutive height (okay for me as I am female) of 5'3". I will be doing it weekly at most, see how it works, then consider it for my face.

MemberMember
(@anewhaven)

Posted : 06/06/2014 11:58 am

Dermarolling with 2mm or 1.5 mm needles will not cause healthy skin tissues to degrade. Do a constant test on skin for 2 years that follows closely like your face. Underneath side of your arm is a good spot. Even though it should be a bit thicker, but no damage will still mean no damage whenever it is bring rolled.

The posters who said face change like into a burn victim or weird texture, that could highly due to your usage of retin A. Even though I agree growth factor serums is a must for building collagen but some are really sensitive towards retin A. If you find you are having new scars due to dermaroll, retin A could be the culprit that does that.

I hate retin A. Regretted it. It does give me plump look but at the same month after months of usage, new indents n enlarged pores. I'm trying to recover from it now.

MemberMember
(@cocosofia)

Posted : 06/10/2014 3:53 pm

I think what makes it a good treatment for some but not for other is the individual healing capacity of our skin, if you don't eat a diet full of precursors for collagen, your results prob wont be as good as someone who does. There is genuine ppl out there whose healing capacity is none, maybe because of accutane or other problems like immune disorders.

I'm using the .5mm once at week and single needle on deeper scars once at month.

Too early to see results but Im eating lots veggies, carrot juice, and seafood and seed with omegas.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/10/2014 4:34 pm

I think what makes it a good treatment for some but not for other is the individual healing capacity of our skin, if you don't eat a diet full of precursors for collagen, your results prob wont be as good as someone who does. There is genuine ppl out there whose healing capacity is none, maybe because of accutane or other problems like immune disorders.

I'm using the .5mm once at week and single needle on deeper scars once at month.

Too early to see results but Im eating lots veggies, carrot juice, and seafood and seed with omegas.

i heard only 1mm or 1.5mm is deep enough for deep scars

.5mm wont reach the dermis

MemberMember
(@cocosofia)

Posted : 06/10/2014 5:01 pm

I use the single needles for deep scars 1.8mm http://shop.owndoc.com/p-172/singleneedles.html

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 06/10/2014 5:45 pm

I use the single needles for deep scars 1.8mm http://shop.owndoc.com/p-172/singleneedles.html

opps didnt see that last part my bad

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 06/10/2014 6:49 pm

r u single needling ice picks or boxcars?

MemberMember
(@antoniogramsci)

Posted : 06/11/2014 9:57 am

Is dermabrasion any good?

MemberMember
(@anewhaven)

Posted : 06/11/2014 12:14 pm

I'm wondering will your single needling at 1.8mm long enough?

I have been dermarolling at 2mm done by professionals. Results are not what I have expected by I'm still patiently waiting. Lamarr has stated using 3mm to target the deepest scar tissues.

Anyway strange observation I have. Ice pick scars do respond the best for me! They didn't grow wider but in fact shallower in depth n filling up. But unfortunately it is not every ice picks will respond. Sonetimes I wonder did the pro miss other ice picks. U know? Dermarolling may miss the exact spot to break up tissue for ice picks.

Unfortunately again, it is not the ice picks I care most. Most of my scars are rolling n box. I have been really looking at them for quite a while finding differences... Anyway I'm thinking subcision could break the tissues first

MemberMember
(@cocosofia)

Posted : 06/11/2014 2:38 pm

r u single needling ice picks or boxcars?

To be completely honest Im not sure, but I think both. some are perfectly round other are triangular, there is an area where I suspect there's a bit of a rolling scar. sorry there's pigmentation so Im not sure. all indented though I don't needle pigmentation....

MemberMember
(@cocosofia)

Posted : 06/11/2014 3:34 pm

I'm wondering will your single needling at 1.8mm long enough?

I have been dermarolling at 2mm done by professionals. Results are not what I have expected by I'm still patiently waiting. Lamarr has stated using 3mm to target the deepest scar tissues.

Anyway strange observation I have. Ice pick scars do respond the best for me! They didn't grow wider but in fact shallower in depth n filling up. But unfortunately it is not every ice picks will respond. Sonetimes I wonder did the pro miss other ice picks. U know? Dermarolling may miss the exact spot to break up tissue for ice picks.

Unfortunately again, it is not the ice picks I care most. Most of my scars are rolling n box. I have been really looking at them for quite a while finding differences... Anyway I'm thinking subcision could break the tissues first

I prefer to go on the safe side and not do something too drastic that my skin wont be able to recover from, I dont prick all scars the same day. Just so my skin have more time focusing on one scar at the time. I dont know if it makes any difference but it just make sense to me.

I been staring at my scars as well trying to differentiate them but I just prick them all anyway, and dont expect too much as I know many ppl dont have 100% recovery.

I think we should be happy about being proactive fighting scars but not obsess about it as its a slow process.

Im also supplementing with beta glucan, msm, vit c.