Notifications
Clear all

turmeric magic healing!

MemberMember
(@helio)

Posted : 01/04/2009 5:46 pm

Hey battwoman04, I just asked my mom about this. She told me when they make it into powder form, all the natural ingredients are gone. Mixing it with water further dilutes it. I would recommend to try getting the natural root form of turmeric. That way, nothing is removed or added.

MemberMember
(@helio)

Posted : 01/04/2009 5:50 pm

To shortypinky, I meant get the translation of the language of which store you're purchasing it.

MemberMember
(@battwoman04)

Posted : 01/04/2009 6:18 pm

Thanks so much for that Helio! I will wait until i get the root form...seems a shame to stain everything if i'm using stuff that has no magic left in it! :-)

MemberMember
(@tth1990)

Posted : 01/04/2009 8:36 pm

Hi Helio,

I have been using the normal turmeric powder you find in any supermarket and mixing with a little water - is this not going to be potent enough?? I have done 3 nights now with it and i am getting fed up with the staining and then trying to get it off in the morning!!!! Then i heard that the bicarb is a bad idea for the skin, so today i tried lemon juice and yogurt - it was quite good but still a bit yellow. I used some toner and some blending and bleaching cream i had left from a peel i did a while ago....that did the job!

I'm having a lot of trouble with the staining too, I just can't get that yellow tint out. My sister asked me about it today, so it's definitely noticeable and I have school again tomorrow, grr!

I'm sad that I won't be able to keep this up, it was really making my skin feel nice. Plus, it's extra frustrating because all of the reviews and stuff I've read online from a Google search act like it's no big deal getting it off and that it doesn't stain. Like I said, maybe my powder is extra potent or something...

MemberMember
(@lpn455)

Posted : 01/04/2009 8:40 pm

Like i say u only need put a little bit on the problem area then why it would be so hard to wash it of?

MemberMember
(@effu)

Posted : 01/04/2009 10:41 pm

Why would u want put whole face for? If u only put only in the problem area that u have it so easy to take it of, I really don't understand why it would so hard to take out the stain if u only put little bit on the problem area.

my whole face is a problem area. im using it all over. btw, my skin is stark white, and the staining is not so bad....i wash it off with cetaphil soap (takes about 3 latherings), and then i put some alcohol on a cotton ball and take the rest off.....

MemberMember
(@tth1990)

Posted : 01/04/2009 11:15 pm

Like i say u only need put a little bit on the problem area then why it would be so hard to wash it of?

Yeah, I've already done that...twice, and I still can barely get it off.

I'm not going to put it back on again, because it's way too hard to get the yellow tint off (and like I said, this last time I DIDN'T get it all the way off).

🙁

MemberMember
(@qualona)

Posted : 01/05/2009 1:19 am

Hey guys,

Try using apple cider vinegar to get the staining off :)

MemberMember
(@tth1990)

Posted : 01/05/2009 6:08 am

Hey guys,

Try using apple cider vinegar to get the staining off 🙂

Is this your method...or a suggestion based on other proven experiences?

Just wondering, because I don't want to put this stuff on my face again if I can't get the stain off.

MemberMember
(@qualona)

Posted : 01/05/2009 10:54 am

Hey guys,

Try using apple cider vinegar to get the staining off 🙂

Is this your method...or a suggestion based on other proven experiences?

Just wondering, because I don't want to put this stuff on my face again if I can't get the stain off.

Well I tried wiping it off with ACV on a cotton pad and it worked a lot better than just washing my face. If you're worried then do a patch test first.

MemberMember
(@chandni)

Posted : 01/05/2009 11:18 am

I have very fair skin. I tried turmeric mixed with sour creme as a face wash. I only had it on for a minute and it stained my skin. I had to scrub with a face sponge to get it off, and it was in my hairline and neck too. It left my towel with a yellow stain too. It's too much work to get the yellow off. I don't want to use it as a spot treatment because I don't know what my husband will think with me going around with yellow globs on my face. Anyway, I'm looking for something for my whole face, to prevent acne, not just to treat the pimples that I have. Instead I've been using just the sour creme as a face wash with great results. Yogurt is often used in India for skin and hair treatments. I didn't have any plain yogurt in the fridge but sour creme is similar. I've read lots of great reviews about yogurt for a face mask so I'm going to keep using it.

I am drinking turmeric twice a day though. I mix it with juice cos it taste horrible and then gulp it as fast as I can. It's supposed to be really good for you.

MemberMember
(@pshtigotthatt)

Posted : 01/05/2009 11:29 am

I have very fair skin. I tried turmeric mixed with sour creme as a face wash. I only had it on for a minute and it stained my skin. I had to scrub with a face sponge to get it off, and it was in my hairline and neck too. It left my towel with a yellow stain too. It's too much work to get the yellow off. I don't want to use it as a spot treatment because I don't know what my husband will think with me going around with yellow globs on my face. Anyway, I'm looking for something for my whole face, to prevent acne, not just to treat the pimples that I have. Instead I've been using just the sour creme as a face wash with great results. Yogurt is often used in India for skin and hair treatments. I didn't have any plain yogurt in the fridge but sour creme is similar. I've read lots of great reviews about yogurt for a face mask so I'm going to keep using it.

I am drinking turmeric twice a day though. I mix it with juice cos it taste horrible and then gulp it as fast as I can. It's supposed to be really good for you.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/acheived-...at-t221129.html

you could look into this board-unless you already have of course. It seems to be logical.

GOOD LUCK!

MemberMember
(@redmarks911)

Posted : 01/05/2009 1:15 pm

It sounds like turmeric root is better than turmeirc powder, but I have no idea where to get that

There is an iranian store, do you think they have it?

MemberMember
(@j-e-n-a)

Posted : 01/06/2009 12:41 am

I need to go shopping tomorrow anyways, but should I get the power form?

I mean I see people saying that it works good, but stains. I really need to get rid of my scars, it makes my whole face look 10x worse than it really is. My skin is really red all the time too. :/

I figure I could get a small thing of power at the grocery store because I have no idea where to get the root. I don't know where the local Asian market is.

MemberMember
(@chandni)

Posted : 01/06/2009 8:04 am

by the way, you can buy powdered turmeric at almost any grocery store. It'll be with all the spices. But you won't get the large quantity for the cheaper price like you would at an asian grocery store.

lol, asking the original poster if he is trying to sell turmeric (like someone did) is like asking him if he is trying to sell cinnamon.

MemberMember
(@wispa_shy)

Posted : 01/06/2009 9:51 am

for those of you that want to use haldi (turmeric) with out the yellow effect try this face mask instead

Multani Mitti (Fullers earth)

a pinch of haldi

drop of tea tree oil

all mixed in rose water

lemon juice also optional

you can also add

Sandalwood powder (is a cooling dressing in inflammatory and eruptive skin diseases such as erysipelas, an inflammatory disease of the face and prurigo, an itchy eruption.)

Neem powder or oil. (It works as an antifungal, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory agent. It is effective in treating eczema, ringworm, boils, chronic ulcers, eruptions of smallpox, syphilitic sores and acne.)

mix all together and apply either to whole face or just where you have spots.

this mixture helps dry out the spots, DO NOT use if you have dry skin! unless you add in Honey or Jojoba wax (oil) as the Multani mitti abosrobs teh oil from the skin. so will make your skin feel dry and tight.

this really help calm my spots last year after i had a really bad break out i went from no spots to a full face break out and nothing seemed to be working. then i tried A SIMPLE mixture first of multani mitti and rose water this really helped i started adding in extra such as the tea tree oil and sandalwood powder with neem powder. You can find the right combination for your self and see what works with changing the ingredients.

I read up on multani mitti a lot and its benefits on acne. It is rich in minerals and when applied to the skin in the form of a paste, it helps improve circulation; it hardens slowly as it dries, and absorbing the dead cells on the top of the skin and dries up any excess oil. The mineral ingredient in fulleras earth giving the absorbent action is the hydrated aluminium silicate. Grease of the skin, coats the particles of aluminium silicate and is lifted away from the skin when the mask is removed. It is therefore unsuitable for a dry skin but is excellent for an oily skin.

[Removed]

You can get all of the ingredients in powder form online and from Indian shops!

I will start this has a new thread.

MemberMember
(@tth1990)

Posted : 01/06/2009 4:45 pm

wispa_shy said:
for those of you that want to use haldi (turmeric) with out the yellow effect try this face mask instead

Multani Mitti (Fullers earth)

a pinch of haldi

drop of tea tree oil

all mixed in rose water

lemon juice also optional

you can also add

Sandalwood powder (is a cooling dressing in inflammatory and eruptive skin diseases such as erysipelas, an inflammatory disease of the face and prurigo, an itchy eruption.)

Neem powder or oil. (It works as an antifungal, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory agent. It is effective in treating eczema, ringworm, boils, chronic ulcers, eruptions of smallpox, syphilitic sores and acne.)

mix all together and apply either to whole face or just where you have spots.

this mixture helps dry out the spots, DO NOT use if you have dry skin! unless you add in Honey or Jojoba wax (oil) as the Multani mitti abosrobs teh oil from the skin. so will make your skin feel dry and tight.

this really help calm my spots last year after i had a really bad break out i went from no spots to a full face break out and nothing seemed to be working. then i tried A SIMPLE mixture first of multani mitti and rose water this really helped i started adding in extra such as the tea tree oil and sandalwood powder with neem powder. You can find the right combination for your self and see what works with changing the ingredients.

I read up on multani mitti a lot and its benefits on acne. It is rich in minerals and when applied to the skin in the form of a paste, it helps improve circulation; it hardens slowly as it dries, and absorbing the dead cells on the top of the skin and dries up any excess oil. The mineral ingredient in fullers earth giving the absorbent action is the hydrated aluminium silicate. Grease of the skin, coats the particles of aluminium silicate and is lifted away from the skin when the mask is removed. It is therefore unsuitable for a dry skin but is excellent for an oily skin.

[Removed]

You can get all of the ingredients in powder form online and from Indian shops!

I will start this has a new thread.

How long did it take to see results, and did it get rid of them completely?

MemberMember
(@lpn455)

Posted : 01/06/2009 4:59 pm

MJ23 to lpn455

OMG thanks so much for the turmeric information, ive gone from severe acne to moderate in about a week. Whats even better is now i dont have really large horrible red spots ( the ones that hurt and look the worst) its mostly just red marking now that im sure the turmeric will sort out soon lol!

Once again thanks!!!!!!

I really like to thank you all your support that pm me. Keep use the stuff until u got clear skin good luck and wish u the best in the New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@j-e-n-a)

Posted : 01/06/2009 6:47 pm

I just bought some Turmeric at the oriental market near my school and I'm going to try it tonight for 15-30 minutes because I'm really fair and I just want to test it out. I'll let you all know how it works out.

MemberMember
(@tth1990)

Posted : 01/06/2009 7:02 pm

Darn, I'm glad it's helped people, but it really makes me sad I can't use it. :( I just can never get the yellow off. The yellow from about 4 days ago or so just came off all the way today.

Can anybody confirm if apple cider vinegar gets the yellow off?

MemberMember
(@pshtigotthatt)

Posted : 01/06/2009 7:06 pm

I'll use ACV and try to take it off tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

MemberMember
(@tth1990)

Posted : 01/06/2009 7:09 pm

I'll use ACV and try to take it off tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

But you've been using this successfully already anyway, haven't you?

MemberMember
(@helio)

Posted : 01/06/2009 9:19 pm

I'm beginning to wonder if the powder form has some artificial coloring. The natural turmeric I use stains minimally and washes off easily.

MemberMember
(@steve-n)

Posted : 01/06/2009 11:09 pm

So, I am finally trying this out. I couldn't find it in my city so I had to go to a different city and buy from Indian Grocers. On the front it says it's high quality so I hope it works well. I've mixed the turmeric with lemon and little bit of water and put it on my skin. It tingles but I think it's because of the lemon. I'm going to leave it on all night and try to get it off tomorrow morning. I read from some other site that you can apply baking soda on your face for 20 minutes to get it off but I won't do that because I exfoliate with AHA lotion + St. Ives (might be too harsh on my skin). The site also mentioned rubbing potato peels to get the staining off your hands but I wonder if that will work on my face as well (isn't rubbing potato peels supposed to be good for dark marks anyways?). I won't be able to try the potato since I don't have any but I'll try using jojoba oil to get it off. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what I'll do, so if someone can leave an advice it'd be awesome. By the way, I dunno if I should use milk because milk breaks me out when I drink it and I'm afraid that it'll have the same affect even if I just apply it to my face. I'll report back tomorrow morning.

MemberMember
(@j-e-n-a)

Posted : 01/07/2009 1:28 am

I tried this when I was in the shower and left it on for a good 15 minutes. My eyebrows are yellow. :(

Not cool. I have really blond eyebrows, so they easily take to any kind of dye. I'm definitely going to have to pencil them a darker color tomorrow. My skin isn't too yellow. Its a little stained along my jawline, chin, and around my mouth. I probably shouldn't have done it in the shower though because I couldn't see where I was wiping it off. I tried some on a stitches scar that I have on my chest. I don't really see a difference at the moment, but hopefully it will work on that as well.