Notifications
Clear all

turmeric magic healing!

MemberMember
(@ramblinrose)

Posted : 06/16/2012 12:57 am

@Sparxy ---honey and turmeric is all you use? i just want to make sure! and i can add yogurt if i want, right?

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 06/17/2012 1:05 pm

OK I know this is old.. but the person who started this said to apply just the turmeric powder by itself till face is golden and leave it on overnight.

I might try this if that's what he meant.

I have never posted a thing , just take a look around if there is some cure for my persistent acne!! but when i saw this topic it just clicked ! Im from Vietnam and we really have been using turmeric for decades to fight acne and most of all to prevent/minimize the aftermath consequences of spots!! 4 years ago when i first had a spot , my cousin was using it to treat her face on every new spots she had at the time , i was laughing coz i think that was kinda unproven traditional convention that we Vietnamese use to treat spots!! But kill me her face skin now looks just perfect , every time a spot comes up , she applies turmeric on it ( its a turmeric roots , and she just rub it onto every spot she has ! ) It leaves a yellow mark on it , dont wash it off , leave it as long as u can and re apply it whenever possible ! and the mark and scar is no more !!!

I think this is my first post after 4-5 years looking around at this website , just think that it really helps , i regretted not taking it , hope you guys not to make the same mistake~~~~

good luck to us all , to thrive under our life !!!!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@sparxy)

Posted : 07/26/2012 11:26 am

@Sparxy ---honey and turmeric is all you use? i just want to make sure! and i can add yogurt if i want, right?

I'm so sorry...I only just saw this!!

I do add some yogurt now, it makes it much easier to smooth onto your face and it makes it so cooling when you put it on!

MemberMember
(@immortal_beauty)

Posted : 10/10/2012 9:45 am

Hello,

I have been using a paste of

- Turmeric powder (a pinch)

- Cinammon powder (a pinch)

- a little bit of plain yougurt

I mix it all together and it makes a nice thick paste which is easy to apply and the turmeric doesn't flake off the skin so easily (as it does when only water is used so a tiny amount of plain yogurt is great). I have started using it for a 4 days now and I SWEAR by it!! wub.png . Sometimes i add a little of Manuka Honey to the mix as well

Not only it has made my pores very clean! It has also made my acne heal very fast. My acne scarring has lightened as well. My face has less break outs and its less oilier! I am so happy about it wub.png . I have used all sorts of over the counter medicines that just annoy me when they dont work and frankly I simply dont have the PATIENCE to wait for 1.5 to 2 months to see the friggin results huh.png

But since doing this turmeric mask I've seen results way better than those chemically loaded stuff that I bought with too much money!

I will give 'nutmeg' powder a try as well since its anti inflimmatory . The Cinammon powder i use really helps I can almost feel it battling the acne (its very gentle on the skin!). Somewhere I read that people had a burning effect to cinammon powder, and you certainly dont need tablespoons of that stuff to make a mask because a pinch works just fine and its gentle on skin! surprised.gif

I'll come back with more update. BTW i have mild to moderate acne

Wishing you all the best rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 01/05/2013 2:05 am

anyone had success with this for red marks and brown marks? how long did it take to see results?

MemberMember
(@cutiebear)

Posted : 01/09/2013 1:50 pm

Turmeric is great but there are different types of Turmeric. The one you should be using for your face is "Kasturi Turmeric" or "Kasturi Manjal". It is a cosmetic turmeric used on babies. The other types of Turmeric used for cooking are too harsh for the face. They stain your skin and leave it yellow. But cosmetic turmeric will not! It is quite difficult to find kasturi turmeric in my city, so I ordered it on amazon. However, in other cities check out the Indian stores.

MemberMember
(@kyou)

Posted : 01/26/2013 4:07 pm

Hello everyone!

So basically i've had a huge acne flare up idk why :I

anyways im going to stop the sandalwood+rose water cause it seem uneffective and now im going to try this turmeric mask!

Can anyone tell me if this is fine

turmeric+chickpea flour (besan)+milk

or should i just try turmeric+honey?

MemberMember
(@umaid619)

Posted : 06/29/2013 10:40 am

Tumeric paste worked well for me for the first few days, but its been 3 months now, and my marks are still pink/red, does tumeric exfoliate the top layer of skin? and should i stop using it for awhile and see if my skin heals? because i feel as it keeps exfliotiing the top layer everytime i do it, and not giving the skin enough time to heal. been doing this every single day, for about 30mins the paste at night, then moisturing afterwards.

any help would be appreciated,

MemberMember
(@idolovethisday)

Posted : 01/15/2014 3:17 am

HELP i have Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and i've been thinking about using the turmeric mask ingredients are HONEY MILK LEMON JUICE ESPECIALLY TURMERIC i wanted to try it but im scared that itll break my skin because im also using the acne.org regimen..

Do you think its alright to use the turmeric everyday while using the regimen?

Help something answer please

MemberMember
(@threedaysgrace)

Posted : 01/17/2014 1:42 pm

Tumeric probably wont break your face out but when i applied it with the yoghurt it caused me to have a bad breakout. Just use it with the honey and lemon.

MemberMember
(@arunmarvel7)

Posted : 01/18/2014 12:04 am

Turmeric is basically a good anti biotic that helps to prevent from various diseases and skin problems. In this contemprory world, also many women are trying turmeric for their face to cleanse zits, pimples, black heads and even more problems.

MemberMember
(@manuuuuu)

Posted : 07/21/2014 10:23 pm

Hi

Ive got my sisters wedding next week and I need my skin to be flawless.. ive used the turmeric and yogurt and bit of honey mask thrice now.. i think ifs working but its too early totell...

my query is when its dried after 20 mins, it strts to fall off like powder... is tht meant to happen? and hw often shud i use the mazk?

lastly, i use 1 teaspoon of turmeric n yogurt n a drop of hney... is tht ryt? if nt whats da measurements

very much appreciated

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 07/30/2014 3:59 pm

*URL Removed, see board rules; http://www.acne.org/board-rules.html Acne.org Moderator Team*

Giving this Ayurvedic Tumeric mask a shot- will review in Products forum if it helps