Notifications
Clear all

My Journey

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 10/31/2007 9:59 am

hey! good luck with your acne battle, acne_battle (lol). a lot of the stuff you use I also have too. The Body Shop is great. Lot's of neat, gentle stuff. The Aloe line is great for sensitive, pimple prone skin (although it does nothing for the pimples, it won't irritate it). I looked at your gallery and your skin looks almost blemish free. Hope you reach perfection ^_^

Btw, the Tea tree oil line of the body shop is also pretty neat, though I stay away from their cleansers (Sodium Laureth Sulfate!).

hahaha Yeah I like the body shop. Although, I have to say the aloe vera day cream made me break out. The mods told me its very comedogenic. I really love the tea tree oil blemish stick and the concealer with the greenstick. Have you used either of those? What do you use from the tea tree oil line? Thanks but my face looks a lot worse in person. Maybe I will get a new camera for Chistmas and take pictures from there. This camera I have is six years old and its hard to take pictures in the light.

MemberMember
(@iwillkillacne)

Posted : 10/31/2007 10:10 am

^

Ohh! Good thing I didn't buy the day cream. The aloe exfoliator and creamy facewash (though I think the creamy facewash IS probably comedogenic) seem to work alright, when I just want a quick rinse.

For the tea tree line, I've used the blemish stick, clay mask, and the mattifying moisture gel. They work fairly decently, though the blemish stick was a bit too strong for my skin. Though, I've opted for a more gentle, simple regime, eliminating any product that isn't clear (something about creamy formulas containing waxes that clog pores?). The regime is in my sig ^^

Oh, I haven't used the greenstick thing, what is that? =P

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 10/31/2007 10:19 am

^

Ohh! Good thing I didn't buy the day cream. The aloe exfoliator and creamy facewash (though I think the creamy facewash IS probably comedogenic) seem to work alright, when I just want a quick rinse.

For the tea tree line, I've used the blemish stick, clay mask, and the mattifying moisture gel. They work fairly decently, though the blemish stick was a bit too strong for my skin. Though, I've opted for a more gentle, simple regime, eliminating any product that isn't clear (something about creamy formulas containing waxes that clog pores?). The regime is in my sig ^^

Oh, I haven't used the greenstick thing, what is that? =P

Its a concealer (make up) that covers up pimples. It looks like this

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 11/02/2007 7:47 am

So the day before last I noticed a cystic pimple next to a depression I have :( Last night, I put a hot tea bag compress (wrapped in a paper towel of course, not directly on my skin) and since Ive been really tired, I went to bed h***a early, 7:20. I decided to wake up at 5:30 so I dont get too much sleep. I looked in the mirror and this cystic pimple formed a huuuuuuuuuuuuge whitehead. I popped it by wrapping paper towels around each index finger

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 11/03/2007 9:54 pm

So the whitehead I had popped from the night before, today it developed this really ugly dark brown scab. I know Ill probably scar but I removed the scab.

Today I have something on my face, right along the bone of my chin. Im not sure if its a pimple or a misquito bite though

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 11/06/2007 5:14 am

Im seeing my dermatologist very soon! Im excited because my face looks like crap. My pores are so clogged on my nose and the area surrounding it. It looks so fugly! I also have another new very red papule above my lip.

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 11/07/2007 2:23 am

a few of my pimples are drying up and hopefully they wont scar. I however have a new three headed pimple near my nose and the blackheads on my nose also are getting worse and worse everyday

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 11/08/2007 10:21 pm

YAY! The derm gave me exactly what I wanted! He gave me 50 mgs of spiro twice a day and azelaic acid cream :)

MemberMember
(@willow569)

Posted : 11/08/2007 10:56 pm

YAY! The derm gave me exactly what I wanted! He gave me 50 mgs of spiro twice a day and azelaic acid cream 🙂

Good luck with the new regimen! Are you using Azelex or Finacea?

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 11/08/2007 11:04 pm

YAY! The derm gave me exactly what I wanted! He gave me 50 mgs of spiro twice a day and azelaic acid cream 🙂

Good luck with the new regimen! Are you using Azelex or Finacea?

Thank you Kim!

Im not sure. He just said its called Azelaic Acid 15% cream.

MemberMember
(@user15978)

Posted : 11/09/2007 5:48 pm

Hey Molly. Good Luck on the new regimen! :D

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 11/09/2007 5:56 pm

lol Thank you

By the way Kim, it turns out its the Azelex, not the Finacea. Tonight I will also switch cleansers. I havent decided if I will use it once a day or twice but its called Prescriptives All Clean Foaming Cleanser

MemberMember
(@willow569)

Posted : 11/09/2007 8:52 pm

lol Thank you

By the way Kim, it turns out its the Azelex, not the Finacea. Tonight I will also switch cleansers. I havent decided if I will use it once a day or twice but its called Prescriptives All Clean Foaming Cleanser

Ah - I didn't know Azelex also came in a 15%. This sounds like its going to be a good regimen! For some reason, I have this feeling that this is going to be the one that finally works for you...

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 11/09/2007 9:02 pm

lol Thank you

Ah - I didn't know Azelex also came in a 15%. This sounds like its going to be a good regimen! For some reason, I have this feeling that this is going to be the one that finally works for you...

Its not. Its 20%. I guess they ran out of finacea. I sure hope this is the regimen that finally works for me

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 11/09/2007 10:13 pm

I usually wash my face at 8pm but I am so excited that I just washed my face with the prescriptives face wash now and I applied my new Azelex cream

MemberMember
(@willow569)

Posted : 11/09/2007 10:40 pm

I usually wash my face at 8pm but I am so excited that I just washed my face with the prescriptives face wash now and I applied my new Azelex cream

Always exciting to start a new regimen! Any itching from the azelex?

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 11/09/2007 10:42 pm

Yes. My skin always itches though. Ill be fine. I just put on my moisturizing cream. I think Im gonna go back to using CeraVe

MemberMember
(@septopus)

Posted : 11/10/2007 11:28 am

Yes. My skin always itches though. Ill be fine. I just put on my moisturizing cream. I think Im gonna go back to using CeraVe

I hope this works for you MOlly, but I just wanted to mention that I think you should change your makeup to a mineral makeup like Bare Escentuals. IF you get a Kabuki brush it covers very well and wont clog your pores and cake on like the Colorstay makeup you are using. I think it'll help. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 11/10/2007 11:31 am

I hope this works for you MOlly, but I just wanted to mention that I think you should change your makeup to a mineral makeup like Bare Escentuals. IF you get a Kabuki brush it covers very well and wont clog your pores and cake on like the Colorstay makeup you are using. I think it'll help. Good luck.

I used to use Bare Essentials actually. Its very very very comedogenic!

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 11/11/2007 11:06 am

This morning I have no new breakouts to report All the pimples I have are old ones and they are so much smaller. I think Im gonna use the azelex twice a day instead of once. What do you think Kim?

MemberMember
(@willow569)

Posted : 11/11/2007 11:10 am

This morning I have no new breakouts to report All the pimples I have are old ones and they are so much smaller. I think Im gonna use the azelex twice a day instead of once. What do you think Kim?

I wouldn't do that just yet. Some of these products have a cumulative irritation effect - after a few days it can sneak up on you all of a sudden. I would stick to once a day for at least 2 weeks. If you aren't getting any irritation or excessive dryness, then go ahead and bump up to twice a day. More is definitely not better with most of these products. Always best to go slow in the beginning.

Glad to hear the pimples are smaller. Azelaic has a nice anti-inflamatory effect, so that could be why you are seeing that.

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 11/11/2007 11:13 am

I wouldn't do that just yet. Some of these products have a cumulative irritation effect - after a few days it can sneak up on you all of a sudden. I would stick to once a day for at least 2 weeks. If you aren't getting any irritation or excessive dryness, then go ahead and bump up to twice a day. More is definitely not better with most of these products. Always best to go slow in the beginning.

Glad to hear the pimples are smaller. Azelaic has a nice anti-inflamatory effect, so that could be why you are seeing that.

Alright. I will use it twice a week until the 29th I will start using it twice daily (since I started using it on the 9th). Im so glad I am seeing results already, amazing! My cheeks dont look as red this morning either. I hope the spiro works too.

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 11/12/2007 12:02 am

I watched my face, put the azelex cream on, waited for it to dry. I went back into the bathroom after the cream dried on my face and noticed Ive been getting so many pustules on the corner of my lips lately. I got another one adjacent to a depression I have from a cyst I injected with cortisone last year. I popped this pustule till I saw blood and now theres clear fluid. That always happens! I bet when I sleep tonight, it will just form a whitehead all over again.

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 11/12/2007 9:30 am

Im so sad :( I know I just started this regimen but I cant take this. I woke up this morning and again my pores are so clogged, especially on my nose and next to it on either side. My nose hella itches and my cheeks are hella red. This has been a never ending battle for me.

MemberMember
(@snoopysimaginaryfriend)

Posted : 11/13/2007 1:06 pm

Im so sad 🙁 I know I just started this regimen but I cant take this. I woke up this morning and again my pores are so clogged, especially on my nose and next to it on either side. My nose hella itches and my cheeks are hella red. This has been a never ending battle for me.

Sorry to hear that Molly, could be your skin adjusting to the new things in your regime?

Keep at it, don't give up, everyone here is behind you 😉