Notifications
Clear all

Dermalux lamp log

MemberMember
(@nil)

Posted : 09/16/2007 2:50 pm

Hi,

I've had acne for around 14 years (god that makes me sound old), I'm 30 now and after thinking my condition was finally improving, and getting my confidence, social life and everything else back I was recently hit with the worst outbreak I've had ever, and all the garbage that comes with it like not wanting to go out, or go to work, feeling depressed etc. it makes it worse when you think it's finally over, then back it comes... this isn't the first time that's happened.

I'm actually pretty sure that this time it was caused by me changing the product I use to wash my face in the shower, I tried this tea tree foaming stuff from the Body Shop, and after a few days of use BAM.. breaking out like never before, in places that I don't usually get spots, or haven't for years. I'm certain it was the face wash. No need to say its in the bin.

Anyway, I decided to try a dermalux lamp and thought I'd leave my log here, I've been using it for two weeks already, 10 mins in the morning, and 15 mins in the evening.

I have to say, after every time I use it, my skin looks better. It does seem to reduce redness and swelling, and after two weeks, I have 2 or 3 active spots from around 10 or 12 when I started, but then it's impossible for me to say whether that's down to stopping that awful facewash, or the lamp preventing new spots.

The proof will be in the pudding in a few weeks, if I remain clear. I really hope it works, I want my life back to when it was I felt good about myself, I'd actually forgotten how bad you can feel when hit with nasty breakouts.

MemberMember
(@fishpie)

Posted : 02/14/2013 7:13 am

Hi,

I've had acne for around 14 years (god that makes me sound old), I'm 30 now and after thinking my condition was finally improving, and getting my confidence, social life and everything else back I was recently hit with the worst outbreak I've had ever, and all the garbage that comes with it like not wanting to go out, or go to work, feeling depressed etc. it makes it worse when you think it's finally over, then back it comes... this isn't the first time that's happened.

I'm actually pretty sure that this time it was caused by me changing the product I use to wash my face in the shower, I tried this tea tree foaming stuff from the Body Shop, and after a few days of use BAM.. breaking out like never before, in places that I don't usually get spots, or haven't for years. I'm certain it was the face wash. No need to say its in the bin.

Anyway, I decided to try a dermalux lamp and thought I'd leave my log here, I've been using it for two weeks already, 10 mins in the morning, and 15 mins in the evening.

I have to say, after every time I use it, my skin looks better. It does seem to reduce redness and swelling, and after two weeks, I have 2 or 3 active spots from around 10 or 12 when I started, but then it's impossible for me to say whether that's down to stopping that awful facewash, or the lamp preventing new spots.

The proof will be in the pudding in a few weeks, if I remain clear. I really hope it works, I want my life back to when it was I felt good about myself, I'd actually forgotten how bad you can feel when hit with nasty breakouts.

Hello?? can you pls give a update on that?? how is the lamp treating your acne scars by the way?? thank you!