Notifications
Clear all

My Journey

MemberMember
(@jensbug)

Posted : 09/14/2007 11:14 am

YEAH Aqua Glycolic! If Dan's regime doesn't work for me, that'll be my next try! ^_^

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 09/14/2007 11:42 am

YEAH Aqua Glycolic! If Dan's regime doesn't work for me, that'll be my next try! ^_^

Oh no you cant use AG because my opinion isnt valid. Ive only been using it for six days apparently when its actually been four weeks

MemberMember
(@willow569)

Posted : 09/14/2007 2:10 pm

Oh no you cant use AG because my opinion isnt valid. Ive only been using it for six days apparently when its actually been four weeks

Your log started on September 8th. I think that makes exactly 6 days in a row?

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 10/05/2007 4:08 pm

So Ive been using Aqua Glycolic Cleanser for almost a month now without adding in additional products. I love it! I do however have a cystic pimple or papule Im not sure which directly above my lip and it hurts like hell

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 10/09/2007 12:25 pm

Update: I have a lot of papules around my mouth area and my chin. Its very painful :(

MemberMember
(@le829)

Posted : 10/09/2007 10:56 pm

Btw, when you use the Aqua Glycolic facial cleanser... do you wash it off with cold, warm, or hot water?

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 10/09/2007 10:58 pm

Btw, when you use the Aqua Glycolic facial cleanser... do you wash it off with cold, warm, or hot water?

I usually wash it off with warm water.

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 10/10/2007 8:49 am

Now that Ive been using Aqua Glycolic for a little over thirty consecutive days without changing anything in my regimen, I have decided to only use it at night. In the day time, I am using basis for sensitive skin. My face has been very red. It might be too harsh for me to use twice a day which is why I am making this adjustment. Yesterday, I bought a puff you use in the shower for the body and am using that to exfoliate my face twice a day.

MemberMember
(@willow569)

Posted : 10/10/2007 9:00 am

Now that Ive been using Aqua Glycolic for a little over thirty consecutive days without changing anything in my regimen, I have decided to only use it at night. In the day time, I am using basis for sensitive skin. My face has been very red. It might be too harsh for me to use twice a day which is why I am making this adjustment. Yesterday, I bought a puff you use in the shower for the body and am using that to exfoliate my face twice a day.

Not sure if the puff is a good idea. Any bath sponges or puffs can build up bacteria really easily, which can exacerbate breakouts. Even when I use a washcloth to exfoliate, I never use the same one more than two days in a row.

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 10/10/2007 9:15 am

Not sure if the puff is a good idea. Any bath sponges or puffs can build up bacteria really easily, which can exacerbate breakouts. Even when I use a washcloth to exfoliate, I never use the same one more than two days in a row.

Wynne does it and I can always put it in my bra bag and put it in the washing machine

MemberMember
(@willow569)

Posted : 10/10/2007 9:20 am

Wynne does it and I can always put it in my bra bag and put it in the washing machine

I thought she used a facial brush? Those tend to dry out more quickly, so they don't get the bacteria or mildew build up that sponges and puffs can get.

Washing it might work, but you'd have to wash it every couple of days or so.

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 10/10/2007 10:29 am

I thought she used a facial brush? Those tend to dry out more quickly, so they don't get the bacteria or mildew build up that sponges and puffs can get.

Washing it might work, but you'd have to wash it every couple of days or so.

Hmmm thatd be very expensive. I guess Ill take your advice and go back to the baby brush method. I can use the puff for the rest of my body

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 10/10/2007 10:34 am

I use a facial brush, spinning toothbrush and a scrubby puffy thing. The scrubby is for just routine cleaning (not exfoliating as I use it very gently) and I rinse it with very hot water daily.

I'd just (for you) stick to the most gentle thing you can do as your skin tends to be sensitive. Willow's advice is great as always!

What works for one won't always work for another. My skin is not at all sensitive! The scrubbies work great for the body, so you're not out any money. :)

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 10/12/2007 12:11 am

UGH! My face looks horrible! I have one new pustule under my lip. Ive been getting pimples there a lot lately, which I never had before. I have blackheads all over my nose and my pores are so clogged! I thought the AG would help with that but I guess not :(

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 10/12/2007 12:18 am

Those blackheads you speak of reminded me:

Opportunity to obtain esthetician services if you live in SF Bay Area and do not have enough money for the service.

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 10/12/2007 12:19 am

Id love to go there but I dont drive and itd be very hard for me to get there. I also have a horrible sense of direction and Im afraid I would get lost

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 10/13/2007 11:02 pm

Im very frustrated with the fact that my nose is covered in blackheads. My pores are so clogged there. I thought the Aqua Glycolic Cleanser would help with the blackheads but it hasnt done a darn thing. I dont know how to get rid of them. Its impossible to extract them because they just grow back. *sigh*

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 10/16/2007 9:06 am

UGH I wish the torture would end! I have one pimple above my lip and three directly below my lip. I also have some new ones on my chin.

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 10/16/2007 11:45 pm

My face is continuing to look horrible again today. I dont know if its the fact that Ive consumed some dairy or the fact that I used a comedogenic moisturizer or a combination of both. Im gonna put my face mask on my entire face and then exfoliate with my facial brush.

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 10/27/2007 9:25 pm

I finally have some pictures of the current state of my skin. Although, these pics are a bit deceiving. I didnt use photoshop but my cheeks are much more red in person and my pores are much more clogged on my nose and next to my nose.

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 10/27/2007 11:05 pm

bump, so what do you think of my skin?

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 10/28/2007 11:21 am

*sigh* Im so looking foward to seeing my dr on the 8th! I cant stand this acne anymore! It hurts physically and emotionally. I have a really red pimple on the corner of my mouth that really hurts. I also woke up with a pustule under my nose and another one under my lower lip

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 10/30/2007 6:29 am

Yesterday, since I dont have anything else, I decided to use Clean & Clear SA toner. I used it both in the morning and at night. So far I have no new breakouts, but my chin, my cheeks and my nose are all very red :( I think for work, Im gonna wear my physicians formula mineral make up

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 10/31/2007 9:35 am

I woke up this morning to another present, a painful white pustule right below my nose.

MemberMember
(@iwillkillacne)

Posted : 10/31/2007 9:53 am

hey! good luck with your acne battle, acne_battle (lol). a lot of the stuff you use I also have too. The Body Shop is great. Lot's of neat, gentle stuff. The Aloe line is great for sensitive, pimple prone skin (although it does nothing for the pimples, it won't irritate it). I looked at your gallery and your skin looks almost blemish free. Hope you reach perfection ^_^

Btw, the Tea tree oil line of the body shop is also pretty neat, though I stay away from their cleansers (Sodium Laureth Sulfate!).