Notifications
Clear all

My Journey

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 05/17/2009 10:12 am

Ive had this one zit on my lower lip for a month and its making my lips puffy :( Sea salt and warm water compress, here I come

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 05/18/2009 12:03 pm

I got a new pustule on my chin, what fun :( Sea salt compress time

MemberMember
(@lemonz)

Posted : 05/18/2009 5:04 pm

Molly, do the sea salt compresses work well?

I'd like to try them for those pesky pustules I get every now and then...

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 05/19/2009 1:49 am

Molly, do the sea salt compresses work well?

I'd like to try them for those pesky pustules I get every now and then...

Yes they work well for me. Mix one table spoon of sea salt with three table spoons of water. It helps dry my pimples

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 05/19/2009 2:36 am

I just took a pic of my acne

I put this differin on my face like an hour ago and my face is still sticky =/

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 05/19/2009 1:00 pm

I forgot to mention yesterday two new zits formed on corners of both sides of my mouth. Its probably that damn sushi

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 05/20/2009 2:32 am

My pimples are healing faster than before. Thats a positive note

MemberMember
(@michy912)

Posted : 05/21/2009 11:08 am

Hey Molly,

I've been following your log and I'm cheering for you (and I'm actually trying one of your recommended sea salt compresses right now!). Anyway, why don't you commit to sticking with this regimen come hell or high water (barring serious allergic reaction) for a certain amount of time? Like maybe 6 or 8 weeks? Having a deadline might help you stick with it if it gets worse before it gets better (as it often does).

Also, have you thought of taking some Omega 3/fish oil supplements? I don't know that they really help with acne, but I definitely notice that they help with me with my mood- sort of like a natural anti-stress pill. Omega 3 also supposedly helps with the skin cell barrier, so I think they're good to take when you're on retinoids anyway. Good Luck!!!

Michy

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 05/21/2009 2:31 pm

Hey Molly,

I've been following your log and I'm cheering for you (and I'm actually trying one of your recommended sea salt compresses right now!). Anyway, why don't you commit to sticking with this regimen come hell or high water (barring serious allergic reaction) for a certain amount of time? Like maybe 6 or 8 weeks? Having a deadline might help you stick with it if it gets worse before it gets better (as it often does).

Also, have you thought of taking some Omega 3/fish oil supplements? I don't know that they really help with acne, but I definitely notice that they help with me with my mood- sort of like a natural anti-stress pill. Omega 3 also supposedly helps with the skin cell barrier, so I think they're good to take when you're on retinoids anyway. Good Luck!!!

Michy

I am so glad you are trying the sea salt compress method! It really does work for me! I wish I couldve stayed on my last regimen but I had to hire a new derm because I lost my insurance due to age and the fact that I dont live at home anymore. Now my insurance is through my work.

I do have some fish oil. I stopped taking them because I want to take the least amount of pills as possible! Im on three pills now

I have a new pimple on my earlobe =/

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 05/22/2009 12:20 am

Great, I have this zit that is like right on my ribs thats been there for an eternity. I tried popping it and now its infected. I dont know what to do now

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 05/22/2009 2:09 am

Oh f***!!! I have two new zits, small ones. One is next to my mouth and another is below my mouth. My period just ended. I wish I didnt break out so often and I wish my face werent as red as a freaking tomato!

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 05/24/2009 3:13 am

Im so happy I am finally being treated for my acne again

MemberMember
(@duchamp)

Posted : 05/24/2009 2:27 pm

WOW. That's a huge improvement! What are you using? I think you're on Differin, but I didn't know it gave such great results that quickly. Also, are you still on Aczone?

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 05/24/2009 3:58 pm

WOW. That's a huge improvement! What are you using? I think you're on Differin, but I didn't know it gave such great results that quickly. Also, are you still on Aczone?

No Im not on aczone anymore. I liked it but differin is definitely stronger. My face still has a lot of room for improvement though. I am nowhere near to clear

MemberMember
(@true-blood)

Posted : 05/24/2009 4:41 pm

woah!

I see so much improvement Molly!

Keep it up! :D

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 05/25/2009 11:06 pm

woah!

I see so much improvement Molly!

Keep it up! 😀

Thank you! It is more red than it appears in the pic though.

I have another pimple on the right corner of my lip, urgh! I applied my differin, Im gonna wait for it to dry and then Im gonna do another sea salt compress

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 05/28/2009 11:55 am

Im still gonna continue using the bp wash but I ordered the sensitive skin gel cleanser from face reality skincare and Im just waiting for it to arrive. It should arrive tomorrow since I live in the same state.

MemberMember
(@snb)

Posted : 05/28/2009 3:24 pm

stop using mac makeup

its so bad for your face! :(

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 05/28/2009 3:48 pm

stop using mac makeup

its so bad for your face! 🙁

I havent had problems with it so there is no reason for me to stop using it. Everyones skin is different.

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 05/30/2009 12:52 pm

Great, my lip is swollen because I have a zit right above my lip. I dont know what kind it is. Can anyone let me know?

Ill have to show you later. My camera needs recharging now

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 05/30/2009 9:33 pm

Heres the ugly pic of a zit on my frenulum, however you spell it

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 05/31/2009 12:10 pm

So I have this zit on the right corner of my mouth that hurts. It is like three very small pustules in one but I cannot pop it, its not ready. Im gonna try the sea salt method again and I hope it works

MemberMember
(@anon2)

Posted : 06/04/2009 2:42 pm

actually i think snb has a good point.

I work at a department store where they sell mac and other higher end beauty products. Just because the cost is more doesn't mean they are good for your skin.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewt...d.php?tid=13626

Take a look at this. I have heard stories about how mac foundations and powders have left skin broke out and red. You are right though everyones skin is different but I'm just saying the girls at the mac counter did admidt to me that while mac covers well it is basically stage makeup and can break you out it has patroleum and some other pretty bad ingrediants and is not recommened for sensitive skin. I'm not trying to bring you down or anything I know you love mac makeup and the look of it trust me I love the look of it too the coverage is awesome but it may be the cause of your breakouts. I would try something like clarins its much better for your skin.

Take a look at this too......

"When I first bought this product I loved it..but over time I noticed my skin was getting rather nasty. I had no idea what was going on with my skin. I went to my dermatologist and he asked me what makeup I wore. When I told him MAC he informed me that it was one of the worst types of makeup for skin! I stopped using it and my skin started to get better. I know use mineral makeup and my skin is so much healthier. I'm not saying that everone should not use MAC. I dont recommend people with sensitive skin to use it."

and this..............

"Mac is studio makeup. Studio Fix powder is a completely fill coverage make-up. People don't realize this. The stuff was made for film and TV, not daily use. It doesn't look natural, it looks like you have heavy make-up on and it makes so many people break out it is ridiculous. I used to work in cosmetics and skin care, and I would get multiple people suffering from acne, and what they all had in common is they all used this prodcut. Now don't get me wrong, plenty of them used this prroduct to cover their acne, but their acne continued to get worse and worse, until they stopped using it."

Try switching to a different makeup line for a month or so just to see what happens to your skin. But like you said it may not be the cosmetics breaking you out everyones skin is different just a thought. Maybe you could continue to use their eyeshawdows or pigments but find some different foundation or concealer.

Just trying to help :)

MemberMember
(@addie)

Posted : 06/05/2009 3:46 pm

Heres the ugly pic of a zit on my frenulum, however you spell it

Ow. Those hurt. 🙁

Whatever you put on your lips looks nice, though.

MemberMember
(@honniee)

Posted : 05/29/2013 1:02 pm

After using proactive for years I decided it was time to call it quits. My face never looked so horrible; I was never so insecure. Desperate to find a solution and not able to visit a dermatologist, I felt so hopeless. Obviously I still tried those over the counter stuff, and I would glob it on to no avail. I tried leaving it alone. I tried a new diet. I would like to say I tried everything short of putting urine on my face.

Some of you may look at that picture and get disgusted. Others may sympathize. Imagine walking around with that all day long. Imagine the comments you might get. The stares you would notice. The horror of looking in the mirror. That was my life for months. And even now after my skin is clear I avoid light, and I don't like to get close to people. Acne is so emotionally painful, its not vanity. Its pure pain that you wear on your skin that everybody sees.

So after ranting on the proactive review on acne.org I did some researching. I was on this website for hours and hours. Searching for ANYTHING that could end my nightmare, could end the 'advice' people try to give that just make me feel worse. I read about natural products. I read that it takes a while to kick in but it could help. I also read where the creators of this website wrote that its not that reliable.But me, despising having red and dried out skin (from salicylic acid, benzonyl peroxide), decided to go for something more gentle.

Now I really feel my self esteem coming back. I am only left with subtle scars. As long as you keep strict to the treatment your pimples should go away and stay away!

This is my blog of my journey through all the products. A warning, it will probably not work for everyone. But it worked for me! My face was covered in big red pimples, whiteheads, and scars. Now I just have to wait for the scars to heal! I would advise to try it!

Below are before and after. I only started this treatment a month and a half ago! Now I do not get ANYMORE pimples (except when I get lazy with the regimen). My skin feels soft and healthy. I now do not have oil pouring out of my skin every second. I cannot tell you how happy I am to have left all of those drugstore products away! And even better is that the products are actually good for your skin!

I will post my regimen soon smile.png Share your story with me, ask any question, or just say hello. I know how painful it is. I'm here for you and you will get great skin.

Just a friendly reminder, don't be discouraged if you don't see results right away. It takes patience. Because it is natural it takes longer to work HOWEVER it keeps the pimples away permanently.