Notifications
Clear all

Lymecycline / Tetralysal 300

MemberMember
(@tyr4nt94)

Posted : 03/12/2010 4:27 pm

After just four days and four tablets there has been a substantial difference, all of my spots and cysts have gone down and loads of yellowheads are receeding. if the Tetralysal keeps working like this I may be able to avoid roaccutane!

MemberMember
(@natcat)

Posted : 03/20/2010 4:26 pm

I started using tetralysal two days ago, my dermatologist put me on it for 2 months, 1 capsule a day. My acne is very very mild, i've never suffered from acne before until several months ago when i started getting white heads on my forehead, small inflamed red spots on my cheeks and even cysts on my back. Im 22, and find it very odd that the acne should come so abruptly without warning. Anyway, my question is when i stop using the the antibiotic after the 2 months, is my skin likely to react? Thanks

MemberMember
(@tyr4nt94)

Posted : 03/22/2010 9:46 pm

13 tablets in and im noticing a remarkable improvment from my face, not so much my arms, scalp and back though, where they seem to have gotten worse, my skin has stopped producing so much oil, although its still oilier than normal, it's alot less than i used to get. Hopefully it'll get better from here... I'll keep you posted :)

MemberMember
(@tyr4nt94)

Posted : 03/22/2010 9:54 pm

I started using tetralysal two days ago, my dermatologist put me on it for 2 months, 1 capsule a day. My acne is very very mild, i've never suffered from acne before until several months ago when i started getting white heads on my forehead, small inflamed red spots on my cheeks and even cysts on my back. Im 22, and find it very odd that the acne should come so abruptly without warning. Anyway, my question is when i stop using the the antibiotic after the 2 months, is my skin likely to react? Thanks

Natcat, im surprised your dermatologist put you on such strong drugs straight away for very mild acne, i've waited four/five years to be prescribed Tetralysal, i started on Amoxycillin, then Clyndamycin Phosphate, then both Clyndamycin Phosphate and Erythromycin and then finally Tetralysal which is considered to be second best for acne after Roaccutane. I do not know what happens to your skin after the course is finished, as i have not yet finished mine. However, i presume if acne starts to come back afterward that is when your dermatologist is likely to prescribe you Roaccutane. Roaccutane is a high dose of Vitamin A which disrupts your liver quite badly and dries your skin alot, to the point of where vaseline will have to be applied to your nostrils and lips every 5-10 minutes. from what i've heard from my mum and dad about when they were on Roaccutane it almost always causes Jaundice (Yellowing of the skin) and dryness.

MemberMember
(@tyr4nt94)

Posted : 03/22/2010 9:57 pm

i have started taking Tetralysal im on my 4th day of taking them and i hate it :( , im not very good when it comes to taking tablets as i can't take them whole as i feel as if im going to choke or be sick. So atm i have been opening the tablet and putting the powder into a drink and drinking it, i know this isn't the best way to take it but atm its the only way. I take mine in the morning ethier between (10-11am).

Any advice ?

x

Woo another SE Londoner :), i'm just amazed you aren't sick drinking it, I burst a tablet by accident and it smells like the cheesy coating on the tangy cheese doritos, lol. I guess if your okay with drinking it, i'd stick with that although i'd check with your doctor or pharmacist if it's okay to do it, i'm not sure im only 16 :P

MemberMember
(@wooeey87)

Posted : 03/24/2010 11:55 am

Hi Everyone,

I am 1 month in to Lymecycline.

Acne has all but cleared, i am 22.

A question around side effects.

Almost immediately after my first table - i began noticing scalp and eyebrow hairloss. 1 month later it has obviously got somewhat worse. i this something that lymecycline could have caused - and should i consider stopping it and asking my GP for something else? I haven't heard of side effects like this before but wondered if anyone had anything to say? I also have had an onset of some fairly irritated skin around my eyebrow & scalp area.

Obviosuly i dont want to stop the Lymecycline and get spots again if it is most likely not the culprit of this hair loss.

Any suggestions/advice/help welcome.

Thanks

Luke

MemberMember
(@worzel30)

Posted : 04/02/2010 11:44 am

Some advise please about Tetralysal!

I was put on 1 408mg tablet a day 2 weeks ago by my dermatologist for moderate chin and jaw line acne but I'm having the biggest break out of my life!!

I'm getting lots of very small pustules which are very sore and itchy! I wasn't prone to this type of acne more papule and pimple like in nature so it's been a real shock to see more and more of them sprouting up each day! I'm even getting them on my forehead!

I've been put on a 3 month course but is it normal for your acne to get worse like this before it gets better?

My Dermatologist didnt mention anything about the side effects.

Comments much appreciated

MemberMember
(@uglybairnn)

Posted : 04/04/2010 11:38 am

Ive been on Lymecyline for just over a month now , i do admitt that i have seen slight improvement particularly on my back and chest but not much on my face yet. i have infact been left with several side effect which i sortof knew would happen becuase im prone lol , but i have had a lot of diziness and some thrush and it has left me physically drained which being a gymnast doesnt really help me , but i do recomend to anyone these tablet beause although i have only had some slight impovement ,its still only been a month and atleast its better than no improvement, im also on antibiotic creams because i had inflammatory acne and pustules, the creams i was prescipted were Duac Once Daily Cream & Zyneryt , which its a liquid powder , but if anyone has any side effects similar to mine or wants to talk about this then just reply :)

thankyou

MemberMember
(@daniel17)

Posted : 04/09/2010 11:25 am

Okay basically guys, I just turned 17 (11th March) and I have been on tetralysal 300 (408g) for

exactly 6 months now (had to take 1 every day, preferably in the morning). I used this with 5% benzoyl peroxide (PANOXYL), this dried my skin sooooo muhc until I put baby oil on it, then it was fine. I didn't see any improvement until the 4th month. I had bacne on my left and

right shoulder, my left shoulder cleared up but still had scars and bumps but left shoulder is a

HELL!!! ( I still get little spots and stuff). Iam really depressed as I got Keratosis Pilaris too, I think

Iam sooooooooo ugly too :'(.

But anyways back to business ), Iam gonna try this dose for

another 6 months (1 year) to see whether my right shoulder will dry out too. Oh yeah my chest

cleared up too, I was sooooooo happy, it was soooooo smooth (4th month) but then I got this

massive zit on my right pectoral, it was so awful, I actually cried but now its dry but I still got a

black spot there. I donat have acne anywhere else except my shoulders and chest, my skin is

smooth though I do get spots on my forehead.

So the main point Iam going to make is that DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE, you wonat understand how

much I wanna get rid of this SHIT disease/disorder (even though it aint), I cry soooo much

because of BACNE and KERATOSIS PILARIS.

But the main thing that keeps me alive (tried to commit suicide) is that God doesnat to something

without a reason behind it, maybe it will get better or maybe Iam better off like this. Guys be

happy that you have arms, legs, a nose, eyes etc. This is a minor thing.

Daniel

MemberMember
(@universaldave)

Posted : 05/09/2010 9:55 am

Well personally never had acne, just a bad caise of teenage spots (this is how my doc describes it) since I was 12 an im now 24. Never did owt about them untill I was 15 and decided it was time.

First thing doc put me on was minocycline for about 6 month which did nothing. he then put me on oxytetracycline which also did nothing and finally when I was 18 he perscribed lymecycline and I took these for about another 6 months with 0 results and personally I had a really bad experiences were when I burped a yelow gas came out of my mouth and I seriously threw up everywhere. Luckly this only happened once but was enough to make me snap and demand to see a dermotologist.

This was best thing I ever did and was prescribed Isotretinoin and this cleared my skin in as little as a month and my skin was fine for about 3 years untill it came back slowly.

Went back to the doc and guess what hes put me back on...can you guess?.... thats right lymecycline if id remebered the name before I got home and opened the packet I would have slaped him round the face.

Anyway got to take this pointless drug for 6 month befor ill get put back on accutane.

MemberMember
(@m-d)

Posted : 05/12/2010 10:32 am

Hi guys

I've been on lymecycline for 2 weeks now, taking 2 tablets a day, and while I thought my skin had been improving one look in the mirror this morning told me otherwise. I really hope it starts to kick in soon because my social life is suffering and I am in a constant state of anxiety/depression!!

Does anyone know if you breakout after 2 weeks before improving? I swear my skin had been improving until yesterday! I'm so frustrated!

MemberMember
(@zephyrsky)

Posted : 05/19/2010 12:50 pm

I was taking Tetralysal for about 7 months and it was great, acne free for the first time since i hit puberty (it calmed my Rosecea down a bit, too). I ran out of my last course about a month ago and didn't repeat my prescription because I thought 7 months of antibiotics can't be good for my immune system.

About two months ago I started getting lots of flakey skin inside my ears which I suspect is due to a fungal infection (possible connected?); i'm seeing the doctor on Friday about it.

Anyway i've recently started breaking out again with painful cysts on my chin, i'm really gutted. I don't know what to do as the only other option they've given me in the past is the pill Dianette but i've heard it has many side effects and also can't be taken for long periods of time. So frustrating.

MemberMember
(@neo1982)

Posted : 06/15/2010 5:38 am

Hi all,

Thought I'd drop my thoughts/comments into the mix being a long term user of Tetralysal.

Just over a year ago now I got fed up of my acne, I was 27 and it still had no signs of abating. I have had acne (mild-medium) since I went through puberty, from about 13-14 years old. It tends to be a reddening of the skin, particularly around the top lip and chin areas and about 3-4 new spots appear each week which inevitably burst and become quite red then die down and repeat x infinity.

I spoke with my GP who recommended Tetralysal and put me on a course for 6 months. For me it worked almost instantly and sorted my skin out perfectly. I was very happy. Then, after that 6 months he advised coming off it slowly but inevitably, acne returned again so back on the tablets I went.

Took them almost every day for a year now and not really had any side effects that I can think of. A couple of months ago I tried coming off them slowly again (one pill every other day) but it started coming back so went back for a review with my GP. He recommended going for a blood test to check liver function was OK since I had been on the pills for quite a while, which turned out OK and he's signed me off for another 6 months.

However, this is obviously a treatment rather than a cure and I'm sure I won't get signed off forever on Tetralysal so now wondering what other options I might try or just go back to a red face again :-(

Cheers anyway, nice to hear that some of you are having success! :-)

MemberMember
(@19drei19)

Posted : 06/17/2010 8:53 am

hey thanks for all the infos guys my doctor she prescribed it to me today and i went here to get some info about how many will i take for a day coz i wasnt listening to her a while ago maybe because she talks too fast and i cant remember what she said,,but i taught i have this paper that she wrote in but WTF?i dont understand it!!! thats why i looked up here LOL and now i think ill take 2 capsule per day and hell this is expensive 1 capsule is about 70 pesos in dollars its $1.52 but she said that ill only be in it for 10days,,,but after reading all your reviews i think ill request her to extend :))))

MemberMember
(@xoxomystyle)

Posted : 06/24/2010 12:42 pm

Just a warning to you all, I was on lymecycline on and off for about 18 months. It worked really well on my acne when I was on it, but taking antibiotics for that long completely killed off all my friendly bacteria in my gut. I ended up with resistant bacteria and fungi growing in their place which spread up into my stomach and into my blood and was really ill. I had to stop the lymecyline and take antifungals for 6 months just to get healthy again!

did the acne came back after you stopped drinking the antibiotics?

MemberMember
(@xoxomystyle)

Posted : 06/24/2010 12:49 pm

god,tetralysal was rubbish for me had no effect on my skin in the slightest

yes if you take twice a day you will see better results.

MemberMember
(@majella)

Posted : 07/01/2010 3:15 pm

Hi guys

I've been on lymecycline for 2 weeks now, taking 2 tablets a day, and while I thought my skin had been improving one look in the mirror this morning told me otherwise. I really hope it starts to kick in soon because my social life is suffering and I am in a constant state of anxiety/depression!!

Does anyone know if you breakout after 2 weeks before improving? I swear my skin had been improving until yesterday! I'm so frustrated!

hi guys im new,

please dont tell me you think your skin breaks out after you been on it for 2weeks. im on it noow less than a week but c no improvememt yet hope it starts soon cuz its really gettin me down

MemberMember
(@po4emu)

Posted : 07/07/2010 1:31 am

I wanted to ask - the one month pause - is it necessary??

I did a 2 months course, which wasn't enough and then I immediately continued for the 6 months course oO (1 pill a day)

I think it does work, even though I have the occasional underskin pimple ( like right now, *sighs*)

But Im not sure whether its because of the tetralysal or the benzol or something completely different.

MemberMember
(@likeraindrops)

Posted : 07/14/2010 2:31 pm

I am currently on lymecycline, started them about a month ago and I think they are starting to help my skin. My dosage is twice a day. I'm happier being on these. Before I was taking enthromycin, which had to be an hour before or two hours after a meal, and I found it so difficult to take them at the right times, no wonder they did nothing for my skin.....and so far, no side effects either. Woo! I will just have to see how things go... :)

MemberMember
(@curiousaboutit)

Posted : 07/27/2010 5:24 pm

Hi everyone,

This might sound a bit random but I've recently started taking these tablets and ive noticed that im more tired and just lately ive been getting really arguementative...they seem to be working already so I dont want to stop, but I was just wondering if anybody else has noticed these side effects.

MemberMember
(@mini_em)

Posted : 08/01/2010 4:33 pm

Hi everyone,

This might sound a bit random but I've recently started taking these tablets and ive noticed that im more tired and just lately ive been getting really arguementative...they seem to be working already so I dont want to stop, but I was just wondering if anybody else has noticed these side effects.

Hi

I have been on the tablets for about two weeks and have been really irritable recently. I only just thought of the tablets today and came online to see if this was a common problem. I have no idea if they are connected but I am definitely more angry lately, and my concentration seems off as well.

Have you found any more information about this or has anyone else? I would really like to know that I am not crazy! lol

Thanks

MemberMember
(@samanthajones)

Posted : 08/06/2010 6:36 am

Hello everyone, I've been on Lymecycline for almost 4 months, noticed an improvement after about 3-4 weeks, my face was clear after about 5 weeks but i decided to continue taking it anyway.

And then i moved countries and I can't find this antibiotic in this country, doctors don't seem to have heard of it. I am scared that the acne will come back. Can you recommend something similar to this product? My doctor suggested doxycycline, has anybody tried both lymecycline and doxycycline, are they comparable?

MemberMember
(@jan-earvin-lopez)

Posted : 08/21/2010 9:01 pm

At first, i didn't think that lymecycline will be better for me to take up because i just want my acne to clear up fast. Its is very hard for me to see myself like that, i got severe acne because i was put on graveyard shift when i was on my ojt and i think that it was my hair also that made this acne worse.

I took up Acnetrex(isotretinoin) before and it really cleared up my face, after 4months of taking that, i stopped, and after almost a year, i got acne again and go to dermatologist. It was so painful when it should be pricked. After that, i took doxicycline for maintenance, after 2months of taking it. It cleared my face again. When i graduated from college, my face was clear from acne and then when i took my on the job training at lufthansa technik philippines, ( by the way, im a graduate of B.S. Aircraft Maintenance Technology batch2010) i got acne again, and the doctor said its because of my hair, stress, and the food i eat. It was so awful when i look in the mirror, i want to break the all the mirror in the house, i even think of negative thoughts, i reminisce the recent years where my face is free from acne. Then a doctor told me about lymecycline, and i tried it. it took about 2 months to clear all the bumps. I was really happy of the effect, yesterday i went to my derma to let her prick the dirty blood inside the subsided pimples, and after 2 weeks she wanted to see me again to get rid of the scars, maybe diamond peel or derma roller :)

acne takes away our confidence, and on my side, it really does, cos i can't go outside and be seen by others, and i cant even find a job.

thanks to this message board, i expressed what i really feel.. :0 good day and Godbless

MemberMember
(@sorina)

Posted : 09/10/2010 9:01 am

hey all!

just visited dermatologist yesterday because i have a cluster of red spots on both sides of my neck, on the jawline and they won't clear :/ got tetralysal with the dosage of 1 capsule twice a day. i wasn't too happy to go on antibiotics, since i've heard they can be pretty rough on your immune system, not to mention the possible liver problems but i'd also like to get rid of these spots... no notable side effects after the first pill and i hope it stays this way! i also got aviticid, which i put on my face everynight and sibacort for my neck, that i put on every morning. got some humektan too in case the aviticid dries my skin too much.

anyways, i was looking at the list about side effects and got a little spooked; it was saying that the product shouldn't be used during pregnancy because it may cause problems with the baby's teeth, including discoloration :o now im not pregnant, but i wonder if it could cause the same to adults? the teeth discoloration i mean. so all the long-time users, have you noticed your teeth getting stained after you started these??

MemberMember
(@likeraindrops)

Posted : 09/10/2010 11:20 am

hey all!

just visited dermatologist yesterday because i have a cluster of red spots on both sides of my neck, on the jawline and they won't clear :/ got tetralysal with the dosage of 1 capsule twice a day. i wasn't too happy to go on antibiotics, since i've heard they can be pretty rough on your immune system, not to mention the possible liver problems but i'd also like to get rid of these spots... no notable side effects after the first pill and i hope it stays this way! i also got aviticid, which i put on my face everynight and sibacort for my neck, that i put on every morning. got some humektan too in case the aviticid dries my skin too much.

anyways, i was looking at the list about side effects and got a little spooked; it was saying that the product shouldn't be used during pregnancy because it may cause problems with the baby's teeth, including discoloration :o now im not pregnant, but i wonder if it could cause the same to adults? the teeth discoloration i mean. so all the long-time users, have you noticed your teeth getting stained after you started these??

Yes, unfortunately :/

Mine are definitely discoloured now after my 4-months-and-counting course of tetralysal...