Notifications
Clear all

Lymecycline / Tetralysal 300

MemberMember
(@theamygirl)

Posted : 07/20/2009 1:33 pm

Hi guys

I'm new to the site, but just wanted to post on this thread as I've started taking tetralysal about 3 and a bit weeks ago. I've read on a few other sites that people have found tetralysal works but they minute they come off it their skin is worse than before. My skin isn't dreadful at the minute but I reckon the sun has helpped alot, but its a constant pain in my ass. Its mostly my chest and back that have problems, and I was wondering do u have to take it for a while before it starts to take effect?

Sorry if these questions have been answered before!

Thank

A

x

MemberMember
(@markp123)

Posted : 07/25/2009 5:54 pm

Hi Amy, also started on this about 3 weeks ago! Havn't seen results myself yet but am staying hopeful! It seems to affect different people at different rates.....some have said its worked within 2 -3 weeks, but others over a month. Stick at it for a while! And i totally know what you mean about the sun, had two holidays at the beginning of the year and after the second one was pretty much clear. soon came back though. :(

You definitely want to give it at least 2 months i'd say. good luck with it x

Mark

MemberMember
(@anna_19)

Posted : 07/27/2009 8:44 pm

I stopped taking Lymecycline a long time ago, and i've been taking doxycycline for the past 3 months, it is much better.

Lymecycline has to be taken on an empty stomach so it never really got going for me, wheras doxycycline can be taken with food. Why did your doctor take you off doxycycline?!!

On a side note, Lymecycline has this horrible yellow powder inside the capsules.. I cut one open into the sink and the smell was terrible. I wouldn't like that in body tbh.

I have been on Lymecycline for nearly a month, I have noticed sight improvement but recently I have noticed it all starting to come back :(

I have noticed lots of people saying that their GP topped up the dosage to two capsules a day, and I think I need to go and see my GP again to ask if I could have a presciption of two a day because it is seeming to worsen again.. but because i am only 16, do you think she will top up my dosage to two a day? I really need it to go away, as we all want it to! :(

MemberMember
(@anna_19)

Posted : 07/27/2009 8:48 pm

Hello all. I was just looking through websites to seek reviews about this product due to curiosity of others experiences whilst using this product, and this website in particular has been good use.

I'm 16 years old and have had acne probably from the age of 11. It's only recently that i thought i had to do something about it, as i normally have just brushed it off by saying 'it will disappear' so i went to the doctors and was prescribed 3 months worth. I only have 2 weeks to go but i am going to ask for a repeat presription, which my doctor said i should ask for if the product was working.

When first taking Tetralysal i noticed an instance smoothness to the skin, though i knew total- clear up wouldn't happen instantly. It appeared that my body was starting to get used to the product, and now my face is a lot clearer though i still have a few pimples. I have also had a few breakouts but my advise is to carry on taking the product! i take it every morning, usually not eating for an hour after. I've had a few side effects however, for instance headaches and the feeling of sickness, but if they persist it's best to see your doctor.

Good luck to all, and the best advise to be given is to keep at it, antibiotics do take time.

Yes, I am 16 too! And have had it since 11 as well, only seeking a GP's advice until recently. Did you take it twice a day? Because I don't think 1 capsule a day is working for me :(

MemberMember
(@higgo2_0_0_9)

Posted : 08/06/2009 7:35 pm

Last November i went to the doctor for the first time about my acne. He put me on Duac, a cream antibiotic. This worked wonders! it cleared my skin almost completely in just a few weeks. I was over the moon with the results I was on them for about 5 months until bacteria developed resistance to the antibiotic and i had a breakout of spots!

I am now on tetralysal 300 one capsule a day. I've been on it for little over a month now and have seen little improvements. The doctor said it would take 2 weeks before i seen any difference, which is yet to happen. He also but me on brevoxyl (a cleanser) which is supposed to get rid of blackheads but i havn't notices any difference

I think i'll have to increase my dose to two capsules, cause i'm seeing little difference!

Its sooooooo anoying when you think you got rid of them for good but they come back as bad as ever!!

MemberMember
(@solo123)

Posted : 08/07/2009 12:56 pm

Had really bad a acne, my face was covered, then started taking Tetralysal tablets 1 a day for 4 months, face cleared up perfectly, then left it for a month and spots started coming back, the thing is it is well known that if you are going to go on antibiotics then you have to stay on them for 6 months or more, no stopping and then starting again, but it also helps if you know a bit about was causes spots in the first place and how to treat them, basically poures get blocked which means the natural oils can't get to the face, the oils then get attacked by bacteria which creates a spot, what people don't know is that the white puss that you see on the end of a spot is actually the white blood cells trying to destroy the bacteria. So don't try to pop it or it gets worse

You must remember though whatever someone says its not food that causes spots like junk food or greasy food, it all comes down to hormones, just think back to before you started puberty, clear faces, so eventually when the hormones settle down no more spots will be created, what you have to remember is not to panic, there are so many people that have felt bad because of there spots, but it does get better, just give it time.

C ya

MemberMember
(@raffi-x)

Posted : 08/12/2009 5:48 pm

ive been on Lymecycline tablets for just coming up to 5 weeks now, no improvement whatsoever so far if anything i think it could be getting worse!! :| for the last week ive upped my dosage from one tablet a day, to two a day but im worried after reading so many posts which say that lymecycline didnt do anything for them that its just a waste of time and isnt going to help :( anyone in the same situation?

MemberMember
(@dannytowersof)

Posted : 08/29/2009 11:03 am

I was using alot of products to try to clear a few spots over my face, but then it was getting worse everyday... so I went to see my doctor, and he just told me to use Tetralysal and see how I got on with that. I was using it for a few weeks and my spots had completely cleared, and it was going very well. Everyone has different skin, it just depends, and my acne wasn't the worse case, just a few over my nose and chin area. But it works for me

:)

MemberMember
(@cyst_and_shout)

Posted : 08/31/2009 5:45 am

I was on Tetralysal (1 a day) for about a year and did see some improvement, after about 3 months. I was down from having maybe 3 cysts a month to just one.

After a year, I decided to try stopping. For one week I had amazing skin, then it went back to 3 cysts a month or so, and then worse to a couple at a time all the time. (I've just started Doxy now)

Things I do recommend with Tetralysal are:

Take the tablet with a big glass of water and food in the morning. I used to be able to feel it getting stuck in my throat and drinking a pint of water would wash it down and the food helped to keep it their. If I didn't eat, I could taste it in my throat - and it's pretty rank!

The worst I ever did was taking the tablet in a bit of a hurry with a sip of water - I could feel it in my throat and then I burped (but didn't open my mouth) and saw a cloud of powder emerging from my nostril and a burning sensation in my nose! Yep, I burped that foul smelling and tasting stuff out of my nose - ow! So take them with water and food!

I never had any side effects and do recommend them. My Dr just thought I could try a different antibiotic to see if it could help a little more.

Good luck if you are on Tetralysal though! :) Keep perservering - it would be unusual to see results immediately but hopefully in time you will!

MemberMember
(@olly-ash)

Posted : 09/09/2009 10:25 am

I was on Tetralysal for about 3 months last year, I didn't think there was any improvement but my mum did. A few months later I prescribed to it again, took it for about 2 months and failed to see any improvement.

A year has passed and I have used absolutely no treatments on my acne since. My acne isn't really bad, but it's a nuisance. I get small whiteheads every morning when I wake up, and I have a lot of scarring from previous pimples. I get about 4 pimples which are deep under the skin every month.

So I am about to begin taking Tetralysal again. I'll let you know when and if I see any improvements, fingers crossed!

MemberMember
(@xsxe)

Posted : 09/22/2009 12:46 pm

Hi all

iv been prescribed tetralysal 300 by the doctors

i noticed that on the leaflet it says that it can affect the contraceptive pill.

i have the implant and have been trying to find out if it affects the implant too?

the implant and pill are used for the same thing so why would it affect one and not the other??

thank u

MemberMember
(@asmi)

Posted : 09/23/2009 12:55 pm

ellooo...every one... emmmm

i went to my GP today

and iv been prescribed tetralysal 300 by the doctors

emm i'm not sure when to take it???

and i need help....

MemberMember
(@zephyrsky)

Posted : 09/23/2009 5:42 pm

i went to my GP today

and i need help....

I was prescribed it today, too. Box say's one a day with food and water so take it whenever.

MemberMember
(@asmi)

Posted : 09/24/2009 1:35 pm

i went to my GP today

and i need help....

I was prescribed it today, too. Box say's one a day with food and water so take it whenever.

thank you....

MemberMember
(@indanthrone)

Posted : 10/22/2009 6:49 pm

Im 37 years old and have had acne since I was 10. I have been on Roaccutane twice. Oxytetracycline and various drugs, lotions and potions. I have body acne now and folliculitus. I was put on Tetralysal 300 today. I'm going to give it a go.

There was a bit of scare-mongering on the other posts I want to clear up.

An antibiotic capsule will smell terrible when it is opened as antibiotics come from moulds or fungus. Google "Fleming" the scientist that discovered penicillin if you are interested.

Fungal infections from long term antibiotics are common but its treatable.

Eating bio yoghurts and drinking bio drinks can help protect the gut. Ask doctor about taking acidophilus capsules as they can protect the gut.

I have IBS so antibiotics can make it worse. I find peppermint or chamomile tea soothing and also carrot soup is great for the gut. I also drink the bio drinks.

Always follow your doctors treatment and if you have a problem or bad side effect with it discuss it with them. Don't just stop taking it because of a worry that your doctor or pharmacist could explain you could upset your treatment unnecessarily.

I will let you know how I get on. I will be interested to see the others results too. Good luck my fellow Tetralysal's

MemberMember
(@italianboy)

Posted : 10/23/2009 8:06 am

This was rubbish for me ugh...

MemberMember
(@ramones)

Posted : 10/26/2009 2:25 pm

Have been on these 1 a day for just under 6 months now and although they have had some effect im still getting bad ones on my neck and the ones on my chest dont seem to be clearing up, am going to the dermatologist and asking for the stronger pill, dont know what its called but my brother took it and it did wonders for him.

anyone been on tetralysal for more than 6 months? how long until completely cleared? dont really want to go on the stronger pill as it can make the skin on your lips come off but dont see any other choice. The ones on my neck are horribly visible and hurt so much.

MemberMember
(@elian1990)

Posted : 10/27/2009 12:20 pm

Hello. I took Tetralysal 300 for 4 months and used Epiduo Gel topic and my skin was much better. My doctor said it was enough time or it'd stop doing effect on me so I stopped taking the pills last week and since then some acne has been appearing in my chest and face. I'm so sad.

Is there any possibility my body is getting a little worse before getting ok again as a side effect for leaving the pills? Thank you :(

MemberMember
(@char3)

Posted : 11/04/2009 7:22 pm

Hey,

I've always suffered acne, and bad scarring mostly on my cheeks. Doctors have always said it would go away but I'm now 21 and had this for about 6 years and it's depressing!

I was on Oxytetracycline for over a year which did NOTHING, and then went on the pill Celeste which is meant to help with acne.. and didn't do anything.

I went to the doctor again and she gave me Tetralysal 300. She said it would take about 3 months to kick in, and funnily enough, after exactly 3 months, it did! I haven't had a spot now in about 4 weeks.

I also came off the pill and am on the contraceptive injection and they both seem to be working for me.

Obviously everyones bodies are different so this may not work for everyone. You just need to be persistent with your doctor and tell them how depressing acne makes you feel. I've seen so many doctors and I finally found a sympathetic one which was willing to try so many different solutions for me. If your doctor won't help then go and see a dermatologist.

I also now get microdermabrasion for the acne on my cheeks. I've had about 10 treatments and can really tell a difference. And having no spots helps as you're not constantly picking them and scarring your skin more :) It costs ‚£300 for 6 treatments but definitely worth it.

MemberMember
(@macker)

Posted : 11/06/2009 5:24 pm

Hi all,

New member here from Ireland

I have just started on Lymecycline 408mg 5 days ago, so i will keep you posted on the out come of me using it.

There is feck all sun shine this time of year in Ireland so that will play no part in my outcome.

Would stress be a major player in acne?

Cheers.

MemberMember
(@mrsnow)

Posted : 11/08/2009 8:05 am

I have been on these (tetralysal) before cleared it right up in about 5-6 weeks.

Then stoped in may cause i went to zambia and started taking Doxy for maleria purposes and as far as i could see doxy only kept it at bay and dried out my skin. I was on Doxy for 4 weeks.

However when i was on doxy i only had a few spots.

So came home got a women and in september my spots broke out and me and the women broke up.

So now i am depressed. I thought they were gone.

Once again on tetralysal but its being 6 weeks and little improvement. Could i be immune to its effects?

I just want it to work already, i've got my eyes on a new nice piece of skirt :D

The relly annoying thing is that i didnt start getting spots untill i was 14 meaning that i cant get girls now who i would of got 2 years ago. *sigh*

MemberMember
(@redladybug91)

Posted : 02/18/2010 10:00 am

i have started taking Tetralysal im on my 4th day of taking them and i hate it :( , im not very good when it comes to taking tablets as i can't take them whole as i feel as if im going to choke or be sick. So atm i have been opening the tablet and putting the powder into a drink and drinking it, i know this isn't the best way to take it but atm its the only way. I take mine in the morning ethier between (10-11am).

Any advice ?

x

MemberMember
(@sunshine33)

Posted : 03/08/2010 4:52 am

i will have been on tetralysal 3 wks on wed 10th march 2010, so far i havnt really seen any improvement. im seeing a derm on the 9th april about my acne as ive had this for 14 years!!!! antibiotics usually work for a while and then it all comes back after 6 months or so. soooo depressing.

MemberMember
(@tyr4nt94)

Posted : 03/10/2010 5:37 pm

I have just been prescribed Tetralysal/lymecycline 408mg capsules as of yesterday, after a year long course of Erythromycin antibiotics (with no improvement). I'm also using Clyndamicin Phosphate topical cream alongside the Tetralysal as I did with the Erythromycin. I am on a 56 day course of Tetralysal (one tablet per day) and will be referred to a Dermatologist within that time period, from which I am hoping to be prescribed Roactacane. I have inherited Cystic Acne from both parents my father being the worst, both of them were prescribed Roactacane so I'm hoping I will too, to be rid of my acne by the time im 17/18.

I'll keep an eye on theis forum and keep you updated on any improvements.

P.S. For some reason, when I eat onions and one of my spots bursts a couple of days after, the pus smells like onions... does anybody know why this happens. if so please message me.. thanks

MemberMember
(@theac)

Posted : 03/10/2010 6:51 pm

I get bad cysts on my chin, but my skin is pretty much ok everywhere else. I've been on Tetralysal for 2 months and there has been some improvement. (I have a cyst this week, but I think this is hormonal).

I have to say, however, that Trimethoprim worked really well for me. I don't think it is prescribed so often - but for you guys who get stomach upsets from Tetralysal, it is worth bearing in mind as an alternative option, as it doesn't have this side effect. Unfortunately I took it for too long and it stopped working :(