Notifications
Clear all

For Guitar or string players

MemberMember
(@thebomb85019)

Posted : 01/01/2007 1:33 am

Are your guys fingers getting destroyed since starting accutane. i play guitar once in a while (once every 1-2 weeks) and the last time i played, it was my first since going on TANE, and my fingers got destroyed and still are painful and peeling. what are people doing for their fingers?

MemberMember
(@monobrow)

Posted : 01/01/2007 5:17 pm

no, not really, i play bass, no peeling, not even when playing slap, however my fingers ache loads after 360 and writing

MemberMember
(@zoilo)

Posted : 01/01/2007 5:40 pm

Are your guys fingers getting destroyed since starting accutane. i play guitar once in a while (once every 1-2 weeks) and the last time i played, it was my first since going on TANE, and my fingers got destroyed and still are painful and peeling. what are people doing for their fingers?

I've never noticed any difference. I have one callous (index on fretting hand) that tends to peel off, but it is the same whether I'm on accutane or not. I have read that moisturizer for the hands helps with callous peeling.

The other things I can suggest: do a disciplined program for the next few weeks where you gradually build up your callouses. I tend to do what you do - play sporadically, but when I do, I often play until my fingers hurt. If I play more regularly, and discipline myself to gradually build up the calllous without hurting my fingertips, it works much better in the long run.

Suggestion 2: learn to play slide!

MemberMember
(@platinum007)

Posted : 01/01/2007 9:17 pm

My fingernails peeled away from the nail bed for about 2 weeks. The most painful thing in the world. But it went away, thank the god of your choice.

MemberMember
(@ozdude)

Posted : 02/26/2013 7:01 am

I'd played guitar for 5-6 years before going on accutane so I had calluses already.

But since going on accutance, my fingers keep getting absolutely destroyed.

The tips started peeling, I just keep slicing them when playing guitar. Can't play for more than an hour.

I try to use moisturizer, but I can't really see any progress....

MemberMember
(@ozdude)

Posted : 03/16/2013 2:55 am

Just an update

I stopped playing for about 2-3 weeks and my fingers healed about 95%

Then I played for about 30 mins and they got destroyed again.

I guess I really have to limit my guitar playing, while on accutane.