Roaccutane Log

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 10/29/2019 4:32 am

Day 9-have woken up with cracked lips at the corner today, so it's clearly getting into my system which is good.

Skin is so so, spots that came up seem to be going down. Seems like I get little whiteheads around the mouth area that come up and go down quite quickly.

I think the reason I may be seeing slower results this round (last time was super quick) is because my idea of 'so so' or 'broken out' now, is a lot better than what it was before. Before my acne was much more severe, and as I'm so used to having such clear skin now my idea of bad now is very different to before.

Will keep updating. Being sure to take each tablet with a good meal for maximum absorbtion.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 10/31/2019 4:23 am

Day 11-Skin is now cleared, super happy! Feel back to myself. Just scarring left behind currently, will keep updating.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/05/2019 9:19 am

Day 13-Skin is flawless.

Day 15 + 16-One large spot on side of face (annoying!!!)- and skin seems to be EXCEPTIONALLY oily. Like an oil slick- it looks awful. I'm not sure the Cerave skincare is working for me, I think it may be far too heavy for my skin. Going to stop using as of today. Have a large pacakge of Paulas Choice skincare coming my way.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/07/2019 5:54 am

Day 18-How fast has that gone?! Skin is good, not as oily any more as started using oily skincare again. One larger spot on side of face which is drying up- other than that doing well. Much happier today.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/09/2019 1:14 pm

Day 20-Had two spots come up on the nose/cheek area. Also have a rather sore spot on my chin/jaw area.

Skin is still up and down, but a lot better than it was before the roacc started. Looking back at my log from last year it seemed it was up and down with the odd breakout here or there for the first 28days ish.

Lips are now very dry, so clearly in my system very much so. However nothing my eight hour cream can't solve.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/12/2019 8:11 am

Day 23- skin is good- super happy with it now :) hoping it stays! No actives. 

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/14/2019 7:46 am

Day 23-Couple of small spots next to lip, one on chin area. Slight blip, nothing major. I am full of cold so this could be linked?

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/15/2019 6:26 am

Day 24-Few little spots come up around chin/lip area, but seem to be drying out. Doesn't look great, but not the worst it's been. Still much clearer than when started, hoping it'll start to settle soon and stop being up and down.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/18/2019 5:37 am

Day 25- Couple of small spots next to lip, one on chin area. Slight blip, nothing major. I am full of cold so this could be linked?

Day 26- Few little spots come up around chin/lip area, but seem to be drying out. Doesn't look great, but not the worst it's been. Still much clearer than when started, hoping it'll start to settle soon and stop being up and down.

Day 28- Three spots on the side of my face all come up close together, annoying! They're reasonably small.

Day 29- Three spots going down and drying up, other than that clear :)

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/19/2019 4:43 pm

Day 30-Skins a bit spotty on one side. Seems to be a few little spots all on one side round mouth/chin/cheek area. Very annoying! Seemed to still be up and down at this time last time as well, looking back on this diary.

Day 36 I was clear and continued to be for the forseeable, so fingers crossed for the next few days!

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/20/2019 2:00 pm

Day 31- Jheez, 2/3 sore spots on one side, couple on the other cheek. Major blip! Keeping positive i'll clear and stay clear soon :(

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/21/2019 7:47 am

Day 32- Meh, skins still the same. Not great. Feeling a bit rubbish about it today. Fingers crossed it'll clear quickly :( Can't wait for it to clear! 

Using Effaclar Duo as moisturiser (la roche posay).

Hands hand developed a scaly red rash, think its as my hands are dry fom roacc and winter weather too? 8 hour creamed up!

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/22/2019 5:04 am

Day 33- bloody hell- skin looks crap! :( Feeling rubbish today.

Three spots on one side kinda merged to make one big spot, other side has little spots around mouth /jawline. Looks rubbish, sore, red, oily. 

Hand rash is still very there. 

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/25/2019 4:54 am

Day 36- Come on roaccutane! :(

The three spots on one side are STILL there, don't really even seem to be going down. Been like 5 days! Just looks like a mountian to me!

Another large spot came up on the same side on jawline and high up cheek- strange, but they're quite easy to cover. Just want this huge cyst type thing to go down. It is SO visable and sore.

Other side is pretty clear. 

I am due on shortly. I noticed i'd been taking my pill back to back for a while for 3 months at a time without a break as advised by my doctor due to bad time of the months, however i'm now a little concerned that these breakouts may be hormone induced!!! So having a week break currenlty then will go back to 21 days on, 7 days off.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/28/2019 7:05 am

Day 38-  Everythings kinda dried up now, not very visible at all. Much happier :)

Day 39- No actives- just scarring! Wahoo! Please last.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 12/01/2019 3:18 pm

Day 42-No actives, skin is flawless! So happy.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 12/09/2019 10:54 am

Day 48- Skin has been really great. So happy.

Day 50-Skin has a couple of little spots one side- nothing major. Other than that good. One on jawline.Little blip, annoying, but much much better still.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 12/17/2019 5:32 pm

Day 58-Skin has been a little up and down over the past week.

Last week it was so great, but this week I've had little spots come up around mouth and jaw, which have now gone down- and now I have one under the skin spot purging it's way out which looks large-ish. Damn!

Been a bit crappy at filling in this diary- last time I went on roacc I was at uni so had so much time to go on here, track my progress etc. This time I work full time and have a self employed side job- which I suppose it good as keeps me busy and stops me over-obsessing with my skin!

Hoping to go clear and stay clear soon.

Had my follow up appt Wednesday 11th- doctor gave me another 2 month prescription and thinks that'll be the end of my treatment. Feels a little rushed and not really much discussion in my appointments? Haven't been overly impressed with my cnsultant compared to my first derm who was very thorough. We shall see how I go, I'd like to have a well thought out, steady plan for coming off so I don't end up back on it for a third time! If it's still up and down in a months time, I'm going to try to book back in with my old derm and get her advise.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 12/20/2019 9:17 am

Day 61-Skin is pretty okay. Still have one large spot healing on the side, one healing on jawline. Isn't flawless- but isn't too far off.

I think i've had slower results this time becuase my acne was more mild before- so this time I've maybe been more critical with my skin, and wanted it back to being flawless. Whereas before what I think now is 'bad' was probably 'okay' or 'good' before. Will keep updating. Content atm. Isn't flawless, but isn't awful.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 12/30/2019 3:15 pm

Day 61-  Skin is flawless and has been for about 5 days now. So happy! :)

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 12/30/2019 7:24 pm

4 hours ago, clearskinjourney said:

Day 61-  Skin is flawless and has been for about 5 days now. So happy! :)

Keep it up! 

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 01/13/2020 11:20 am

Day 75- Skin is still great :) flawless.

jPablo liked