Roaccutane Log

MemberMember
(@gms08)

Posted : 09/21/2015 5:37 am

Ill be staring Accutane in the next week or so. Glad to see your having such an easy time with it! Sounds like you started clearing up really quickly!

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 09/22/2015 4:57 pm

I'm so happy for you , can you show us pics of how you were and how you acne free face is now ?

HI- yeah! Will take a pic tomorrow and pop one on for you :) having a great time on it!

Ill be staring Accutane in the next week or so. Glad to see your having such an easy time with it! Sounds like you started clearing up really quickly!

Having an amazing time with it- so nice to wake up every morning with soft clear skin and not worrying about the next break out!

Yeah- started clearing really quickly! Hope it goes the same for you- be sure to update :) which dosage are you starting on?

MemberMember
(@ellgx)

Posted : 09/24/2015 3:24 am

Hi,

I am starting accutane next week and i am so happy for you that it is working! :)

You talk about your skin looking dry with makeup on-- how bad are we talking? Is thick moisturizer enough to make sure you can still wear proper make up on say a night out?

Ella

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 09/26/2015 6:59 am

Hi,

I am starting accutane next week and i am so happy for you that it is working! :)

You talk about your skin looking dry with makeup on-- how bad are we talking? Is thick moisturizer enough to make sure you can still wear proper make up on say a night out?

Ella

Oh yeah 100%! I'm having fun trying out loads of skincare, I usually spend a lot but i'm really enjoying Cetaphil cleanser and a lot of stuff from the Body Shop. Maybe try the Aloe range (good for scars) or the Vitamin E (super moisturising)- their skincare has really helped my skin look super healthy!

You'll be fine to wear make up 100%! Its not THAT bad, i just like a dewy look. Bare minerals powder Blemish Remedy foundation has saved me- doesn't sink into dryness at all! Love it!

How much are you going on?

MemberMember
(@mrawesome2)

Posted : 09/26/2015 7:54 am

Day 8

Wow! People are not lying about the dry lips! The corners are cracked and sometimes I see blood, the lips themselves are peeling. It literally happened overnight! I am literally putting Carmex on every 20 minutes (and a lot of it), which to be fair does solve the problem pretty easily. I'm going to go buy some intense Blistex today I think! But nothing some good lip balm can't solve, so far i'm all good! :)

Skin is good, super happy, but my skin would be good at this time of the month anyway, so we shall see!

The reason that the Body Shop moisturizer smells strong of citrus is because it contains a fragrant plant oil called citrus oil, which is a strong irritant to skin and can give you pigmentations. I strongly advice you to not use it!

MemberMember
(@ellgx)

Posted : 09/28/2015 7:42 am

Hi,

Ella

Oh yeah 100%! I'm having fun trying out loads of skincare, I usually spend a lot but i'm really enjoying Cetaphil cleanser and a lot of stuff from the Body Shop. Maybe try the Aloe range (good for scars) or the Vitamin E (super moisturising)- their skincare has really helped my skin look super healthy!

You'll be fine to wear make up 100%! Its not THAT bad, i just like a dewy look. Bare minerals powder Blemish Remedy foundation has saved me- doesn't sink into dryness at all! Love it!

Hi, thank you so much for getting back to me found this so helpful (and reassuring)! Not sure what does yet can't get my prescription until Thursday as got to wait for the blood test to be confirmed (not pregnant)! How are you finding it so far?

Ella

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 10/02/2015 6:01 am

Hi,

Ella

Hi, thank you so much for getting back to me found this so helpful (and reassuring)! Not sure what does yet can't get my prescription until Thursday as got to wait for the blood test to be confirmed (not pregnant)! How are you finding it so far?

Ella

Let me know how much you get put on! Finding it great! No side effects- just clear skin... Amazing!!!

MemberMember
(@ellgx)

Posted : 10/06/2015 8:59 am

I'm so happy for you , can you show us pics of how you were and how you acne free face is now ?

HI- yeah! Will take a pic tomorrow and pop one on for you :) having a great time on it! 

Having an amazing time with it- so nice to wake up every morning with soft clear skin and not worrying about the next break out!

Yeah- started clearing really quickly! Hope it goes the same for you- be sure to update :) which dosage are you starting on?

Hi,

Ella

Hi, thank you so much for getting back to me found this so helpful (and reassuring)! Not sure what does yet can't get my prescription until Thursday as got to wait for the blood test to be confirmed (not pregnant)! How are you finding it  so far?

Ella

Let me know how much you get put on! Finding it great! No side effects- just clear skin... Amazing!!!

I started today of 40mg a day! what did you start on?

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 10/10/2015 12:17 pm

I started and am still on 20mg- so i'm sure you'll have great results! I think ill be staying on 20mg because I'm quite little haha :) 

MemberMember
(@ellgx)

Posted : 10/12/2015 6:36 am

I started and am still on 20mg- so i'm sure you'll have great results! I think ill be staying on 20mg because I'm quite little haha :) 

i see im quite tall! been taking it for a week now haven't noticed any sides effects especially the scary dry skin! If anything skin is just a little less oily which is good and spots are clearing on my forehead so i'm happy for now just anxious! how are you getting on?

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 10/27/2015 12:20 pm

Having a great time- legit can't remember my last spot! I literally love it :D 
Have had slightly dried skin especially on my arms now but its nothing a good moisturiser can't help! No Complaints! When I'm due on now instead of breaking out i get a strange rash down my nose and chin of little spots? And after a day it goes down- super random! But don't really care haha, clear skin is priceless

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/17/2015 4:21 am

Still completely clear :) 

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 12/10/2015 7:07 am

Haven't had a spot in months. Not one single one 😀

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 01/26/2016 2:51 am

6 months on.... Still not a single spot since like one week in. Miracle. My skin is that beautiful baby soft, flawless skin I always dreamed of 🙂 AMAZING

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 03/27/2016 8:57 am

On Ž25Ž/Ž01Ž/Ž2016 at 7:51 AM, clearskinjourney said:

6 months on.... Still not a single spot since like one week in. Miracle. My skin is that beautiful baby soft, flawless skin I always dreamed of :) AMAZING

hi :) can I ask if Accutane cured you, a year or so on?

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 06/21/2016 5:37 am

On 3/27/2016 at 2:57 PM, freakingthefrackout said:
hi |::) can I ask if Accutane cured you, a year or so on?

Hi there- well its June 2016 and my skin is still flawless. Not a SINGLE spot! I literally never get spots its amazing. So happy, given me my life back.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 12/15/2016 7:39 am

Its now December 2016, 6 months since I last updated my skin was still flawless and now over a year since stopping Roaccutane. My skin is still perfect! Haven't had any problems at all with it since, I get probably one spot every 3 months. Its FLAWLESS! :) 

Kathi liked
MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 04/04/2017 6:52 am

April 2017- flawless skin. Not a single break out since a few weeks into the treatment, my skin is literally flawless. I cant even remember the time i last had a spot. Miracle treatment- couldn't recommend it enough! I have my life back 

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 03/01/2018 1:20 pm

Just checking in- not sure if anyone still reads this but- January 2018, still completely clear skin. Flawless. Haven't had a spot in a few years now- a miracle!

sanjam95 liked
MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 10/16/2019 4:09 am

Not sure if anyone will see this. It's been 4 years now since I stopped roacc and unfortunately my skins playing up again. 

I've booked in with the derm on Monday- would ideally love to do another course for a longer period of time this time. I know some people go on it for a full year, whereas I was cut short due to my great results. Will update on Monday.

Seems my oil production has come back :( hair and skin is oily, however acne is nowhere near as bad as before- still really getting me down.

MemberMember
(@espero)

Posted : 10/17/2019 2:26 am

I'm sorry to hear that your acne came back, I was told that even if your acne clears you shouldn't stop taking it early and I think that might be related to why it came back, best of luck.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 10/18/2019 5:14 am

On 10/17/2019 at 8:26 AM, Espero said:

I'm sorry to hear that your acne came back, I was told that even if your acne clears you shouldn't stop taking it early and I think that might be related to why it came back, best of luck.

Hey there, thanks so much for the wellwishes. So gutted it's come back- but at least I can go straight to the derm this time!

I think i did 8 months last time, and was supposed to increase my dose half way through- but this didn't happen in the end as I cleared up so quick- so I only ever took 20mg. Really hope I can go back on! Will update.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 10/22/2019 3:51 am

Had my dermatologist appointment yesterday. He agreed I may have come off too soon last time, and as I am only tiny (5'2 height, weigh around 8 stone) i'm only able to do a very low dose course- but do get great results from this. He said it's very unlucky to come back after roacc- lucky me! Lol.

Started taking 20mg yesterday, took another this morning with my breakfast so currently onday 2.

Cannot wait for my skin to start drying out again- I totally forgot how difficult oily skin is! Been used to it being combo-dry for so long now after roaccutane course 1. Will keep updated. My acne is nowhere near as bad as before, but I wanted to get a quick hold on it before it progresses again, and I was happy to spend the money to go private. Quite happy I'm on the same dosage as before considering my skin is definitely not at allas bad as round 1, 4 years ago.

He's prescribed 20mg once per day for the next 2 months, I'll have another check up with him before Christmas. So far- no side effects or anything of course.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 10/24/2019 3:43 am

Day 4-Skin is really clearing now, skin is super matte already from being oily recently.SO relieved.

Taking my tablet at lunch which seems to be my biggest meal. Eat a lot of fish and veg in the evening, so seems best to have with lunch. Using cerave skincare, stripped it right back.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 10/28/2019 5:27 am

Oops- forgot to do a few days check ins so just catching up now!

Day 6-Skin is slightly dry, but cleared mostly now. Much happier.

Day 7 & 8- Isn't the best today. Had a couple of quite sore spots on my jawline, but at least they can be covered. A couple on my forehead in hairline, two little ones on chin. Fingers crossed they clear quickly. Really longing for my clear skin back!

Just ordered my Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream again- my lips are pretty tight and a little dry. Nothing major. Sticking to Cereve skincare.