Notifications
Clear all

Dania Accutane Round Two

MemberMember
(@misslasagna)

Posted : 07/30/2015 12:44 am

Hello! I'm Dania and here's my Accutane Round Two Journey! =)

As you can see, things aren't that *horrible* looking, but knowing my body and skin, it's likely to get really bad really soon, and I don't need more scars on my face; my derm agreed.

I took my very first 30mg pill this morning and am not looking forward to the nasty side effects I had last time (horrifically dry skin that bleeds, tears, and falls apart...as well as the dreadful, constant nosebleeds.) I'm truly hoping that the effects aren't as bad this time...but they probably will be. I have horrible night vision after my first round 10 years ago, and I'm not quite looking forward to that getting worse. I also have been diagnosed with Celiac Disease/IBS since then. But clear skin is worth belly trouble to me. =\

The pictures attached are from today (the one that has 3 images) and then I'm attaching a photo of what I look like with makeup caked on trying to look presentable. :) And then an older photo (maybe 3 or 4 years ago) with some pizza and my skin looking wonderful and clear. Wish it had lasted..

Anyway, wish me luck!!

post-481998-0-44601400-1438234824.jpg

post-481998-0-67892100-1438235023.jpg

post-481998-0-70720700-1438235029.jpg

MemberMember
(@misslasagna)

Posted : 08/05/2015 12:51 pm

It's officially 1 week on Accutane, just took my 7th pill.

I'm experiencing dry skin on my face that burns when I wash it or apply lotion, my lips are already cracked, peeling, and painful (as well as the edges have begun to get chapped), and I'm not currently experiencing any type of breakout like you see in my first images. My skin has settled down for the moment with active cysts, but there are a few forming on my forehead as well as around and above my lips.

I think my first breakout is going to be pretty gnarly.

I'm applying lotion generously, vaseline on my nose and lips 24/7, and wearing sunscreen religiously.