Notifications
Clear all

Finally! My Accutane Journey

MemberMember
(@tiger-1)

Posted : 08/24/2012 8:58 am

Oh Lisa I am so sad for you! I am glad you had a fun weekend though and that your skin hung in there for it. When I had my ib I broke out at first with four cysts and two of them got messy and I had to go to all of this end of the year stuff for my son at school and soccer and it was horrible. I felt like I was one big walking zit and every other woman in my radius had perfect skin. I had to just pile on the makeup as best as I could and grin and bear it. But eventually my oil dried up which made wearing makeup easier and the breakouts healed so hang in there!!

hi stacey! ty so much..im just so freaked right now..i cant even remember my face looking this bad, its so hard to deal with..i start to question why am i doing this? i do know its the right thing, its just hitting me so hard. i went to work today, and after that i've done absolutely nothing except sit in bed..didnt even unpack.. and thats exactly what i feel like..a big gigantic zit with arm and legs..i just have to remember that this is a journey, and it wont be like this in a few months..theres a prize at the end..how are you doing? how has your increased dose been?

I'm hanging in there. The dose increase was definitely a good idea but it's definitely harsher than 40mg. My chin has really dried out in spots which is good since it's my problem area but keeping those spots moisturized is a challenge. I've only had one new zit pop up with the increase and it came to the surface pretty quickly - it was a smaller cyst but made a nice hole once all the crap came out - ick. It's at the end of it's scabbing, peeling and bleeding stage so that's good. One of the old bumps on my forehead has finally peeled off into a flat spot and the other one has been trying to do the same. I have two or three (hard to tell) old bumps under the skin that you can't see but I can feel to the left of my chin. They are not budging but I'm starting to think they just may be scar tissue. I'll be asking my derm on Tuesday. Other than that the scratches from dry skin on my arms is drving me nuts!! My lips are a mess too but I've found that bag balm works wonders - way better than aquaphor for me.

How's the ib going? Is it getting any better?? I hope so!!!

MemberMember
(@bodyandsoul)

Posted : 08/24/2012 9:34 am

ty ty so much girls!! reallllly needed the support..yesterday was truly a bummer! today is a little better thank goddd! so most of the bumps seem to be ok..theres 2 that im so so about..one that is on my chin that turned into a big ol whitehead, and yes i popped that sucker, i dont care, i rather have a red mark than a frkn pus bomb sittin on my face..i didnt over squeeze, but its red, but i dont care..it was freaking me out yesterday and now its starting to heal..the other bump is in between bottom of my nose and my top lip..its a big lump and underneath skin for most part, feels like its gonna be one of those things that will sit around awhile just to freak me out..only good thing is, is its not red..my face looks better than yesterday ..its so bizarre how this medication can change your skin in a matter of hours..

so side effects..i only seem to sleep 4 hours at night, and then i wake up and cant fall back to sleep..totally stinks..lips are fine today..rash on back of my hand tho turned for the worse..if i saw my hand on someone else..i'd run!! when i woke up this morn my eyes were so dry from crying, but they feel much better now..i really got to stop the crying jags..so today is much better day and cant thank you girls enough..xo

I feel your pain on those white heads! That's what I've been dealing with a lot lately. Right when I think my skin is looking better, I look in the mirror again and it looks like crap again. I liked it much better during my first two weeks of accutane when i saw a lot of healing! Now things are slooooow going. I've had two big whiteheads right beside the cracks in the corners of my mouth - talk about Ouch.

Glad you are feeling better! :)

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 08/24/2012 6:24 pm

Oh Lisa I am so sad for you! I am glad you had a fun weekend though and that your skin hung in there for it. When I had my ib I broke out at first with four cysts and two of them got messy and I had to go to all of this end of the year stuff for my son at school and soccer and it was horrible. I felt like I was one big walking zit and every other woman in my radius had perfect skin. I had to just pile on the makeup as best as I could and grin and bear it. But eventually my oil dried up which made wearing makeup easier and the breakouts healed so hang in there!!

hi stacey! ty so much..im just so freaked right now..i cant even remember my face looking this bad, its so hard to deal with..i start to question why am i doing this? i do know its the right thing, its just hitting me so hard. i went to work today, and after that i've done absolutely nothing except sit in bed..didnt even unpack.. and thats exactly what i feel like..a big gigantic zit with arm and legs..i just have to remember that this is a journey, and it wont be like this in a few months..theres a prize at the end..how are you doing? how has your increased dose been?

I'm hanging in there. The dose increase was definitely a good idea but it's definitely harsher than 40mg. My chin has really dried out in spots which is good since it's my problem area but keeping those spots moisturized is a challenge. I've only had one new zit pop up with the increase and it came to the surface pretty quickly - it was a smaller cyst but made a nice hole once all the crap came out - ick. It's at the end of it's scabbing, peeling and bleeding stage so that's good. One of the old bumps on my forehead has finally peeled off into a flat spot and the other one has been trying to do the same. I have two or three (hard to tell) old bumps under the skin that you can't see but I can feel to the left of my chin. They are not budging but I'm starting to think they just may be scar tissue. I'll be asking my derm on Tuesday. Other than that the scratches from dry skin on my arms is drving me nuts!! My lips are a mess too but I've found that bag balm works wonders - way better than aquaphor for me.

How's the ib going? Is it getting any better?? I hope so!!!

hi stacey! ok, sounds like the bump up isnt too horrible..yayyy, i'm so happy for you! i agree with you, bag balm is the best...my hubby got me huge tin of it few days ago and its what i like best..i also have been putting it on this icky rash i have on my hand, and it really soothes it. i have 2 underskin bumps that i've had foreverrr, dying to see if the accutane zaps them once and for all..they are so annoying...the stuff i formed cpl of days ago are actually doing great thank goddd..this medicine is strange stuff..changes my skin in hours! pls keep me updated with your progress!!

ty ty so much girls!! reallllly needed the support..yesterday was truly a bummer! today is a little better thank goddd! so most of the bumps seem to be ok..theres 2 that im so so about..one that is on my chin that turned into a big ol whitehead, and yes i popped that sucker, i dont care, i rather have a red mark than a frkn pus bomb sittin on my face..i didnt over squeeze, but its red, but i dont care..it was freaking me out yesterday and now its starting to heal..the other bump is in between bottom of my nose and my top lip..its a big lump and underneath skin for most part, feels like its gonna be one of those things that will sit around awhile just to freak me out..only good thing is, is its not red..my face looks better than yesterday ..its so bizarre how this medication can change your skin in a matter of hours..

so side effects..i only seem to sleep 4 hours at night, and then i wake up and cant fall back to sleep..totally stinks..lips are fine today..rash on back of my hand tho turned for the worse..if i saw my hand on someone else..i'd run!! when i woke up this morn my eyes were so dry from crying, but they feel much better now..i really got to stop the crying jags..so today is much better day and cant thank you girls enough..xo

I feel your pain on those white heads! That's what I've been dealing with a lot lately. Right when I think my skin is looking better, I look in the mirror again and it looks like crap again. I liked it much better during my first two weeks of accutane when i saw a lot of healing! Now things are slooooow going. I've had two big whiteheads right beside the cracks in the corners of my mouth - talk about Ouch.

Glad you are feeling better! smile.png

whiteheads stinkkk!! and sometimes when u pop them..they come back...those lil pain in the asses! lol..and yes have a feeling the first 2 weeks are good bc it seems like everything goes away faster..but i aint no fool..lol..i know its not going to remain like that :(..i read your log everyday and i think you are making great progress!

well day 14 update...everything seems to be calm which is great..just not really loving my skin..the only thing "noticeable" is the lovely whitehead i popped..its red and dry..but is healing..my skin just looks weird to me..i wish i cld describe it..it just looks "tired" ..texture is weird..but i certainly cant complain bc jeez..no cysts...and the way it was 2 days ago, i would never believe it would look this good...the only side effects im having are..the dry lips, but they were fine today...rash on my left hand..a dry rash up by my hairline..tiredness..itchy scalp which i used neutrogena tgel shampoo last night and it reallly helped and i think thats about it...except not getting good sleep at all..so i agree with you Betsy..its this drug! ty always girls for the support..gets me through!

MemberMember
(@summer5150)

Posted : 08/25/2012 7:50 am

Sounds like you are responding well to it! I know it doesn't always feel like that when we see the whiteheads pop up and everything going on but it's working. Your skin is working itself through this and it's all going to be worth it! Hope the calm continues for you! Hang in. :)

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 08/26/2012 7:49 am

tyty summer! everything is going pretty good, no actives , i'm pretty clear, so no complaints! feels so good not to be upset..but know this is just the beginning and have a long way ahead of me! i did however get 2 nice sized pimples on my back, which i never get, but i can deal with that, much rather there than my face! only side effects i'm experiencing now is verrry dry skin on my cheeks near the nose, and around the nose...rash on left hand, and i'm alwayyyyyyyyyyyyyys tired which kinda stinks..but all very bearable...

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 08/27/2012 7:14 am

Day 16..all is pretty good..no actives..yay!..only spot thats "annoying" is a chin pimple i popped last week..its basically all gone, but i always get a layer of dry skin on it, which peels off and then it looks red, its weird bc its flat, but when skin comes off it looks like a pimple..oh well, not worried about it, this is the best my skin has looked in awhile and not to have a lump or bump growing is fantastic! side effects are still the same..rash on hand, tiredness..always tired :(..dry lips, and yeesh my face is getting dryer and dryer..im sooo flaky now, but i'd take this over a big red cyst any day!

MemberMember
(@bodyandsoul)

Posted : 08/27/2012 9:11 am

Sounds like you are making great progress! Awesome! And glad you are feeling better :)

I mix sweet almond oil with my moisturizer at night and I think it Really helps combat flakiness. It's quite nice.

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 08/27/2012 7:27 pm

well 12 hours can make a difference..yeesh..got a nice rash starting to happen on both my arms :(..also..had a nodule couple of months ago that i had shot with cortisone, i can feel it refilling :(..im not so freaked bc its not red and its deep so its not protruding horribly..its hard lump basically under the skin..but its just the fear of it turning into something big..also i had it for weeks before i did get it shot..its a stubborn sucker..so have a feeling it will sit with me for awhile :(..my skin looks weird to me..it has like a sandpaper feel to it..im feeling a little freaked tonight, feeling like i won't ever have normal skin, feeling nervous about side effects...sigh

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/27/2012 10:02 pm

Your trip sounds like an awesome time! It's going to be great for you and you'll come back refreshed and ready to handle whatever Accutane throws at you. I try to look at new bumps as part of the healing process...yes, I'm still breaking out, but it's because Accutane is pushing out all the nasties.

Hang in there and stay positive. It's so early and you're going to be so happy when you achieve clear skin smile.png

By the way, I also had a rash pop on my hand in the first couple of days of starting my course. I moisturized it and used a homeopathic alternative to cortisone called Florasone. Worked great and I've had no more problems.

I used Florasone, too and it was the only thing that worked well on my eczema patches. That stuff is a lifesaver.

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 08/28/2012 5:45 pm

Glad you are feeling better! smile.png

yes, just past my 2 week mark..i liked the first 2 weeks better..wasnt so unpredictable lol..ughhh abt cracks in corners of your mouth :(..im sure i will get that bc i always have lip problems :(..i actually have small crack in corner of my nose...i keep thinking its a pimple bc it hurts..so when i look in the mirror i move my nose a little to see, and i reopen it..im such a moron lol!

Your trip sounds like an awesome time! It's going to be great for you and you'll come back refreshed and ready to handle whatever Accutane throws at you. I try to look at new bumps as part of the healing process...yes, I'm still breaking out, but it's because Accutane is pushing out all the nasties.

Hang in there and stay positive. It's so early and you're going to be so happy when you achieve clear skin smile.png

By the way, I also had a rash pop on my hand in the first couple of days of starting my course. I moisturized it and used a homeopathic alternative to cortisone called Florasone. Worked great and I've had no more problems.

I used Florasone, too and it was the only thing that worked well on my eczema patches. That stuff is a lifesaver.

Hi gina! first off..Congratulations on your marriage! so happy for you!..yes i'm trying to stay positive..i just wish time wld move faster lol...Can i get florasone in regular pharmacy? also i wanted to ask you..bc you seem so healthy, and i'm trying to take better care of myself..what kind of food do you take your pill with? my derm says its good to take with a fatty meal bc its absorbed better..in the morning i dont mind so much..but i hate having a heavy dinner..i go to bed early bc i wake up at 4 am..so hate eating very heavy...do you take with a meal? if so do you have any suggestions for a somewhat "healthy" meal if there is such a thing...

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/28/2012 7:00 pm

Hey shadylee!

Thank you for the congratulations! :D I don't have a "normal" dinner menu these days. My life has been very erratic from the wedding and impending move. However, I always try to aim for these things:

• Making half of my plate or bowl vegetables. I try to have some kale or cabbage, maybe some carrots, fresh salad greens. I don't like broccoli, so this is all individualized!

• Put a small source of protein in the meal, like beans, fish, organic chicken, or organic beef. You only 1/2-1 cup of beans and if you're eating meat, it should be the size of a deck of cards or smaller.

• Having a source of fat: olive oil, or coconut oil, or sesame oil, seeds, nuts, avocado if you like any of those. You probably need at least a teaspoon of oil or seeds at dinner to make things tasty and help you absorb the accutane.

• Optional are your favorite noodles (whole grain or gluten-free), brown rice, quinoa, even bread, if you feel like it. A lot of people are anti-carbs, but I find they really help me with mood, sleep, and feeling satisfied. I guess you could skip this part if you don't like the heavy feeling....this or the meat.

• Eating your food raw, steamed or boiled is lighter than frying or baking. Add fresh or dried herbs for flavor if you're concerned your food will be bland. :) Olive oil and lemon juice over a meal is one of my favorite things to do...

• Having a bit of fruit as dessert, with or without a square or two of high quality dark chocolate. The fats in that will help with accutane, too!

Last night I made a soup with lamb bones as the base of the broth, then added sweet potato, carrots, celery, fresh greens, and garbanzo beans. It was really yummy! My husband had his soup with a grilled cheese. :P

On other nights when we're too busy or exhausted, we'll go out for sushi and I always make sure to get a veggie roll or avocado roll with my other fish rolls. My other favorite cuisine when eating out is Thai. I get the panang curry with salmon, add broccoli, and have it with brown rice.

Another good option is to go to a salad bar and load up. That's not heavy. Just make sure you sprinkle some seeds or oil on your salad.

To be honest, the other night we went and got organic burgers and I had mine on a gluten-free bun with bacon and egg. Haha I felt SERIOUSLY satisfied! I think health can be defined by so many different things. Sometimes I want to eat a totally vegan meal, and other times I want to eat a bacon burger. Eating fat won't make you fat. I have read a lot of science articles on the ill effects of eating a diet high in refined carbohydrates and rancid vegetable oils, but diets high in vegetables, beans, and meat when necessary lowers disease risk. Bacon and eggs every once in a while won't kill you...but I always make sure I eat some kale or other leafy green vegetables at least once a day because vegetables are the one things that will make you feel great and keep you healthy.

Does this help?

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 08/29/2012 3:03 pm

Hey shadylee!

Thank you for the congratulations! biggrin.png I don't have a "normal" dinner menu these days. My life has been very erratic from the wedding and impending move. However, I always try to aim for these things:

• Making half of my plate or bowl vegetables. I try to have some kale or cabbage, maybe some carrots, fresh salad greens. I don't like broccoli, so this is all individualized!

• Put a small source of protein in the meal, like beans, fish, organic chicken, or organic beef. You only 1/2-1 cup of beans and if you're eating meat, it should be the size of a deck of cards or smaller.

• Having a source of fat: olive oil, or coconut oil, or sesame oil, seeds, nuts, avocado if you like any of those. You probably need at least a teaspoon of oil or seeds at dinner to make things tasty and help you absorb the accutane.

• Optional are your favorite noodles (whole grain or gluten-free), brown rice, quinoa, even bread, if you feel like it. A lot of people are anti-carbs, but I find they really help me with mood, sleep, and feeling satisfied. I guess you could skip this part if you don't like the heavy feeling....this or the meat.

• Eating your food raw, steamed or boiled is lighter than frying or baking. Add fresh or dried herbs for flavor if you're concerned your food will be bland. smile.png Olive oil and lemon juice over a meal is one of my favorite things to do...

• Having a bit of fruit as dessert, with or without a square or two of high quality dark chocolate. The fats in that will help with accutane, too!

Last night I made a soup with lamb bones as the base of the broth, then added sweet potato, carrots, celery, fresh greens, and garbanzo beans. It was really yummy! My husband had his soup with a grilled cheese. tongue.png

On other nights when we're too busy or exhausted, we'll go out for sushi and I always make sure to get a veggie roll or avocado roll with my other fish rolls. My other favorite cuisine when eating out is Thai. I get the panang curry with salmon, add broccoli, and have it with brown rice.

Another good option is to go to a salad bar and load up. That's not heavy. Just make sure you sprinkle some seeds or oil on your salad.

To be honest, the other night we went and got organic burgers and I had mine on a gluten-free bun with bacon and egg. Haha I felt SERIOUSLY satisfied! I think health can be defined by so many different things. Sometimes I want to eat a totally vegan meal, and other times I want to eat a bacon burger. Eating fat won't make you fat. I have read a lot of science articles on the ill effects of eating a diet high in refined carbohydrates and rancid vegetable oils, but diets high in vegetables, beans, and meat when necessary lowers disease risk. Bacon and eggs every once in a while won't kill you...but I always make sure I eat some kale or other leafy green vegetables at least once a day because vegetables are the one things that will make you feel great and keep you healthy.

Does this help?

yes ty so much gina, your the best! so i see you're moving to england, how exciting and brave! will it be permanent? you must be very excited!

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 08/29/2012 7:05 pm

day 19..skin is pretty good, nothing to cry about ..YAY!! rash on my hand is a little better...dry lips..i have a cyst/nodule thingy on my right cheek that refilled from couple of months ago :(..but its not red and mostly underskin..but it protrudes a little..its one of those suckers u can tell is gonna set up camp for awhile..:(..i also have hard bump mostly underskin on jawline by ear, not red and not noticeable, but its bothering me and i know its there to stay for awhile too..oh and ughhh...almost forgot..breaking out on my back...i have like 5 spots on my back..wahhhhh :(..i havent broken out on my back in ages, totally stinks! so besides some "bumps" in the road (pun intended, hardy har har) i'm happy with my decision to do this...

MemberMember
(@bodyandsoul)

Posted : 08/30/2012 2:58 pm

So happy to hear your are still comfortable with your decision to go on Accutane. Staying positive and being confident that you're doing the right thing is an important park of this journey!

Did you try the Florasone on your hand? I need to start using mine again - I have rashes on my ring fingers. If I would just stop wearing my ring long enough to let it heal, I think it would be ok.

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 08/30/2012 5:26 pm

So happy to hear your are still comfortable with your decision to go on Accutane. Staying positive and being confident that you're doing the right thing is an important park of this journey!

Did you try the Florasone on your hand? I need to start using mine again - I have rashes on my ring fingers. If I would just stop wearing my ring long enough to let it heal, I think it would be ok.

yes staying positive is key! as each day goes on, i get more and more comfortable, was so scared in the very beginning! havent tried florasone yet, i've been to lazy to get to the stores..can i get that in a regular pharmacy? my arms are now getting rash too:(..the feel like sandpaper..but everything seems to be going good tho..yay! going to go read your log now to see how your doing ! :)

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 08/30/2012 8:20 pm

well if i had posted an update a little while ago, i wld've said everything is status quo , unfortunately just washed my face to get ready for bed, and just found 2 bumps right next to eachother. they are on my upper left chin near corner of my mouth :( ughhh..not sure what the hell they gonna do, my pimples are so different on accutane...i never break out on my chin and that seems to be where they like to come out now...and fantastic, just in time for the holiday weekend,lol..my cyst/nodule thingy on my cheek hasnt gotten smaller, but it hasnt gotten bigger, so i consider that a victory..my face was reallly dry today..dry lips..flaky scalp..and the lovely rash on my hands and arms...i do have to say though, last week i think i would have been a mess about these 2 new bumps..but for some reason i'm not totally freaking out...i think i'm accepting the fact that this what i need to go thru to get my clear skin once and for all!..someone pls remind me i said this when i'm bawling about a future breakout!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/30/2012 8:53 pm

Don't worry! Pimples appear really fast on accutane tend to go away fairly quickly, too. It's just your pores closing and healing.

I get some nasty rashes, too, but they also go away. If you're super concerned, you can take Benadryl and rub Aquaphor on the rashes, or try Florasone cream. Benadryl sometimes helps, sometimes not...

MemberMember
(@bodyandsoul)

Posted : 08/31/2012 1:34 pm

yes staying positive is key! as each day goes on, i get more and more comfortable, was so scared in the very beginning! havent tried florasone yet, i've been to lazy to get to the stores..can i get that in a regular pharmacy? my arms are now getting rash too:(..the feel like sandpaper..but everything seems to be going good tho..yay! going to go read your log now to see how your doing ! smile.png

I got the Florasone at Whole Foods. You're probably going to need to go to a natural food store/herb shop type place. Although sometimes I find homeopathic brands at the regular drug store so you could check. Or there's always Amazon.

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 09/03/2012 12:30 pm

day 24...yeesh, this is surely an up and down journey..i swear my opinion on my skin can change within a couple of hours..for the most part everything is good..yesterday i thought my skin looked fantastic..today so so...texture is always changing. the cyst/nodule on my cheek is really toying with me..lol..yesterday it seemed like it was almost gone but today it feels "puffy" again :(...thank god it doesnt hurt and it isnt red..i have a few random small bumps..and 2 very annoying clogged pores on my forehead, thank god for bangs! side effects are still about the same...rash on arms and back of hands..i have to get off my lazy butt and get some florasone bc nothing im using is really helping..my lips get dryer by the day whereas i cld go for hours without moisturinzing them, now i'm contstantly glopping stuff on them..i still get very tired..oh and also i can get reallly cranky, i think its bc i'm always so tired..my poor hubby..how he puts up with me i dont know...he is the bestest! his nic for accutane is accumean now..lol

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 09/04/2012 12:13 pm

day 25..oh gooody!..matching lip zits, one one left side, one on right side of upper lip..i look like a freak :(..they are nice n red..the stuff i was concerned about yesterday is already drying up..except of course for my cyst/nodule thingy sittin on my cheek, have a feeling he's going to be a friend of mine for awhile..and the 2 clogged pores on my forehead look like they will be there forever..jeez someone please fast forward 4 months pls!! blood work is saturday and derm appt is next tuesday...1 month almost done ..4 more to go..ugh

MemberMember
(@heather135)

Posted : 09/05/2012 8:13 am

day 25..oh gooody!..matching lip zits, one one left side, one on right side of upper lip..i look like a freak sad.png..they are nice n red..the stuff i was concerned about yesterday is already drying up..except of course for my cyst/nodule thingy sittin on my cheek, have a feeling he's going to be a friend of mine for awhile..and the 2 clogged pores on my forehead look like they will be there forever..jeez someone please fast forward 4 months pls!! blood work is saturday and derm appt is next tuesday...1 month almost done ..4 more to go..ugh

that's happened to me a few times! getting zits on the same place in each side of my face, weird eh! its a shame in America that you get all these seperate appointments for bloodwork then derm apts etc. that must make it seem so much longer aswel. hang in there though your doing great :) x

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 09/05/2012 5:18 pm

day 25..oh gooody!..matching lip zits, one one left side, one on right side of upper lip..i look like a freak sad.png..they are nice n red..the stuff i was concerned about yesterday is already drying up..except of course for my cyst/nodule thingy sittin on my cheek, have a feeling he's going to be a friend of mine for awhile..and the 2 clogged pores on my forehead look like they will be there forever..jeez someone please fast forward 4 months pls!! blood work is saturday and derm appt is next tuesday...1 month almost done ..4 more to go..ugh

that's happened to me a few times! getting zits on the same place in each side of my face, weird eh! its a shame in America that you get all these seperate appointments for bloodwork then derm apts etc. that must make it seem so much longer aswel. hang in there though your doing great smile.png x

hi heather..i hate twin pimples lol..well one of the lip ones is gettin better..the other one..soso..i picked it of course cuz it had a little whitehead on it..so of course that didnt work out so well..goes to show you..if you leave it alone, it will be better..i need to chop off my fingers ! such a pain to get these dam pills! lol...even tho time feels like at a stand still, i'm hangin in! hubby and i are planning some weekend trips and in november we are going to mexico with some friends..hopefully this will make the time fly!

day 26..abt the same as day 25..my lips are falling off, tired, had a slight headache this morning, but it went away..my legs do feel sore today..thats about it..no new spots, so thats good..

MemberMember
(@heather135)

Posted : 09/05/2012 5:21 pm

that's happened to me a few times! getting zits on the same place in each side of my face, weird eh! its a shame in America that you get all these seperate appointments for bloodwork then derm apts etc. that must make it seem so much longer aswel. hang in there though your doing great smile.png x

hi heather..i hate twin pimples lol..well one of the lip ones is gettin better..the other one..soso..i picked it of course cuz it had a little whitehead on it..so of course that didnt work out so well..goes to show you..if you leave it alone, it will be better..i need to chop off my fingers ! such a pain to get these dam pills! lol...even tho time feels like at a stand still, i'm hangin in! hubby and i are planning some weekend trips and in november we are going to mexico with some friends..hopefully this will make the time fly!

day 26..abt the same as day 25..my lips are falling off, tired, had a slight headache this morning, but it went away..my legs do feel sore today..thats about it..no new spots, so thats good..

i always pop my whiteheads once they;ve gotten to a certain point, they look so ugly just sitting on ur face! oooo mexicoo! i love mexico! ive been 3 times! how long does it take u to fly there? 11 bloody hours it takes to fly from where i live! but its totally worth it. are u goin to go on any excursions? we visited citzen itza when we went, and went on a horseback ride along the beach. done a few other things but can't remember what they're called! where abouts in mexico are u going? x

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 09/07/2012 2:57 pm

i always pop my whiteheads once they;ve gotten to a certain point, they look so ugly just sitting on ur face! oooo mexicoo! i love mexico! ive been 3 times! how long does it take u to fly there? 11 bloody hours it takes to fly from where i live! but its totally worth it. are u goin to go on any excursions? we visited citzen itza when we went, and went on a horseback ride along the beach. done a few other things but can't remember what they're called! where abouts in mexico are u going? x

hi heather! im going to los cabos..we are going with a bunch of people so should be fun..gonna suck to be careful about drinking and the sun tho :(..i'll be almost 3 months then so hopefully my skin will at least look good..it takes about 5 1/2 hours for us to get there..ugh!! ( but better than 11 lol) cant wait!

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 09/07/2012 3:13 pm

Day 28..not happy sad.png..it appears i have traded one problem in for another..instead of cysts i am getting clogged pores, it seems every bump i am getting is a clogged pore..and they are big, they are white lumps and they def look like they are going to be here forever..when i read the logs it seems like the clogged pores are the most stubborn, i'm kind of freaking out.. i have about 5 of them, 2 are really freakingggg me out, they are big white lumps..and i'm freaking out bc it looks like i might have one growing on the tip of my nose, ugh ugh ugh...today is a crying day...its so weird how one day i'm fine and the next i feel utter despair..its just so frustrating bc i never had this many stupid lumps on my face..i'm in one of those moods where i need to be reminded why i am doing this..my skin just looks so unhealthy, so dry..and it kind of sucks bc its hard for me to see improvement..i dont have major breakouts, i just get the cysts, and just usually 1 or 2 at a time..but once they go away, my face is fine...but now taking accutane my skin looks like crap..i keep telling myself i havent gotten a huge cyst like i was getting, so i should be happy..but its just so hard for me to see my skin in this condition...my face just seems so icky to me..ugh ugh ugh..

so side effects are still the same..i've been experiencing muscle aches in my legs but today they feel fine..lips are falling off as usual..rashes on hands and arms are pretty bad today..tired..and just feeling down..and feeling overwhelmed by how much time i have left..tomorrow is my bloodwork, and derm appt on tuesday..