Notifications
Clear all

Finally! My Accutane Journey

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 09/09/2012 11:48 am

Day 30..pretty much the same..except have a nice sized pimple on left side of my chin..such joy ;)..never broke out on my chin b4 accutane..just feeling down about my skin last few days, accutane is drivin me nuts, the ups n downs..whenever i get like this i tell myself in few months it wont be like this, but this sure is a challenge..on tuesday i will be bumping up to 60mg..hope my face doesnt get too crazy...its so weird how side effects change day to day..my rashes and lips arent horrible..no muscle aches but i do feel absolutely exhausted today and i got great sleep last nite..well im 1/5 thru my course..wooohoo..lol

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/09/2012 12:43 pm

Hey shadylee!!

Sounds like you are having the Ib for sure. Bummer you weren't able to skip it. Seems like its a 50/50 chance getting it or not. I was one of the unlucky and I had a IB from the end of month 1 until mid month 3. It was horrible, and it was easy to get down for sure! I was on 40MG my first 2 months and I noticed my acne really subsiding once I got bumped up to 60MG. Which is where I have been dosage wise since then. So hopefully 60MG is your magic number and these breakouts stop soon! This is for sure a roller coaster ride, I know what you mean and how you feel. You are right though in a few months it will not be like this anymore! You have to remind yourself where you were a month ago, getting cysts right? You aren't anymore and that is a huge improvement in itself.

You have 1 month under your belt now! Things only get better from here on out! Hang in there hun!

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 09/10/2012 7:29 am

Hey shadylee!!

Sounds like you are having the Ib for sure. Bummer you weren't able to skip it. Seems like its a 50/50 chance getting it or not. I was one of the unlucky and I had a IB from the end of month 1 until mid month 3. It was horrible, and it was easy to get down for sure! I was on 40MG my first 2 months and I noticed my acne really subsiding once I got bumped up to 60MG. Which is where I have been dosage wise since then. So hopefully 60MG is your magic number and these breakouts stop soon! This is for sure a roller coaster ride, I know what you mean and how you feel. You are right though in a few months it will not be like this anymore! You have to remind yourself where you were a month ago, getting cysts right? You aren't anymore and that is a huge improvement in itself.

You have 1 month under your belt now! Things only get better from here on out! Hang in there hun!

tyty so much for the support! i need it, im goin a little crazy! the big zit on my chin has gone down alot, but jeez it is red as hell, and now i know it will turn into a flaky mess for weeks..i had a zit on my chin from the first week, it went away pretty fast, but it still gets flaky, its so annoying! i got 2 lip zits about a week ago and altho they went down they are so red, one actually seems like its a clogged pore..its still a little bump with no hope of it coming up sad.png..these clogged pores are drivin me nuts, i have like 5..i just wish they would come up and wreak their havoc.hate checking them everyday and worrying about them! and yes i really do have to remember where i was a month ago, bc luckily i havent had a cyst the size of what i was getting..i just hate looking like someone took a paintbrush and dotted my face with red, lol..

i have been following your log..sorry about the new zits sad.png...your log has been so helpful to me, i love your attitude, you seem to take everything in stride which is such a great way to be! i think if ur comfy abt doing another month, do it!..i know i would..make sure the acne is DEAD!

btw..please call me lisa :)

MemberMember
(@bodyandsoul)

Posted : 09/10/2012 1:51 pm

Hey Lisa! I HATE lip zits...I have had a few of those and big ones right next to the cracks in the corners of my mouth. They heal so slowly and hurt like hell! Hope yours heals quickly!

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 09/10/2012 2:56 pm

Hey Lisa! I HATE lip zits...I have had a few of those and big ones right next to the cracks in the corners of my mouth. They heal so slowly and hurt like hell! Hope yours heals quickly!

they are the worst!!! i have 2 of them..twins..one on left side one on right side..on top lip near the "points" of my lips..they are so frkn bothersome..looks like i did some weird lipstick job..ugh..they've been here for like a week..they have gone down but red as ever :(...so annoying!!!

MemberMember
(@bodyandsoul)

Posted : 09/10/2012 3:09 pm

they are the worst!!! i have 2 of them..twins..one on left side one on right side..on top lip near the "points" of my lips..they are so frkn bothersome..looks like i did some weird lipstick job..ugh..they've been here for like a week..they have gone down but red as ever sad.png...so annoying!!!

Me toooo!! I think the cracks in the corner of my mouth are creating a little breeding ground for bacteria and keeping those little jerks from healing.

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 09/10/2012 4:42 pm

they are the worst!!! i have 2 of them..twins..one on left side one on right side..on top lip near the "points" of my lips..they are so frkn bothersome..looks like i did some weird lipstick job..ugh..they've been here for like a week..they have gone down but red as ever sad.png...so annoying!!!

Me toooo!! I think the cracks in the corner of my mouth are creating a little breeding ground for bacteria and keeping those little jerks from healing.

heehee..they are jerks!! and just bc 2 of them werent enough the acne gods decided to give me a 3rd one near corner of my mouth!!! jeez i was hoping to get thru the day without something new coming up..dang it! the one on my left side near the center is the most annoying..its like a clogged pore, it looks like its goin to keep me company for awhile :(..each time i calm down and accept my face..something pops up..gosh i cant wait for this to be over!

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 09/11/2012 6:22 pm

day 32..my derm appt went great, bloodwork was good, phew...i have extra pills bc the first 10 days i took only 20 mg instead of 40, that way i wld have extra pills, i knew there were months where i wld run out, and i didnt want that...i know they say its ok, but i wld feel better not running out....i love my derm bc right after shes done with you she goes straight to the computer and puts you in the ipledge system, she says she has always done that bc she knows how impt it is to the patient...i have this weird bump near corner of my nose, i think it was a clogged pore and it just got biggg..my derm says if its still there next month she will give me a cortisone shot, i nearly keeled over bc she told me she never gives shots during accutane...she says the nature of the bump she isnt concerned with scarring...i wanted to be like shoot the dam thing nowww, but didnt want to push my luck..but i dont understand why she wldnt..oh well...so i picked up my boxes of 30 mg..what im going to do is do 50 mg a day till i run out of 20mg pills, that way i ease into the 60 mg..my hubby is like i didnt know you became a dr...im like shush, lol...

so side effects are still the same, very bearable, i feel lucky that way...i was hoping to get thru a day without something popping up, i shldve known better...i now have a 4th lip zit..yes 4 lovely beauties growing on my lips..very lovely looking..how many lip zits can one person get? i hope only 4, lol

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/11/2012 8:18 pm

DUDETTES!

I have 2 lip zits about 1/2 inch away from the corner of my mouth below my actual lip, too!!! Argh argh argh it's been super frustrating, and at first I blamed it on Aquaphor, but I don't think that's it cause I've been using it my whole course. Wth? Is that where your lips zits are...not actually on the lip, but below it?

That's so nice that your derm does the iPledge in front of you. I usually have to wait 1-2 hours before it goes through. I might get a cortisone shot on Thursday, so don't worry. My derm told me it was safe. It's cause I have a very stubborn cyst that is purple and I have had it for almost 5 months. Yes it has gone down, but I want this sucker gone!!!

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 09/13/2012 2:26 pm

Hi Gina! My lip zits are actually right on the line of my lip and skin..they are so annoying!! Actually they all are healing nicely..but one still has a tiny bump, its almost like a clogged pore, looks like it will sit there for awhile, but it isnt red anymore so i can deal...Its sooo annoying that accutane doesnt KILL everything..i've had this small clogged pore on my cheek for months and was hoping that accutane wld kill the lil sucker, but its sitting proudly..haha..it also seems accutane produces clogged pores bc that seems to be what im getting..stinks :(..seems like clogged pores are the least affected by accutane...the one by my nose is the most noticeable and thats the one i will get the shot in next month, i'm willing to take bets it will be exactly as it is now..it just has that look of staying around...

My derm is the best..she never rushes me, lets me ramble and ask questions..of course i always forget the questions i want to ask, and then remember them as soon as i leave, lol..but i love that she always takes her time with me, i never feel like im rushed out...

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/13/2012 2:44 pm

Yeah mine are near the lip line. They can't be cold sores, cause they are small and have a pointed bump, not at all sore-like. My derm scared me by asking if I have had cold sores. I was like NO WHY DO YOU EVEN BRING THAT UP? UGHHH NOW I'M PARANOID. Haha so welcome to the club. I ask tons of questions. You have to, because it's your health and you're #1.

I have been getting tiny clogged pores even in my 4th month. Thankfully they go away, but I know how you feel. I have 3 stubborn cysts that just sit there, even after 4 months. Ridiculous. Even if accutane doesn't zap them, the maintenance topical tretinoin WILL!!!

Good luck! I see you're in NY. Are you in NYC, and were there any festivities on 9/11?

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 09/14/2012 5:45 pm

ok, i'm a little freaked outtt! ok big time freaked out!! my eyelids are a bit swollen..and on bottom where the eyelashes grow are swollen too...also in the corner of my eyes..that little area where you get the sleepies...theres lumps in them..has anybody had this while on accutane? of course this happens on a friday nite...

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 09/14/2012 6:13 pm

ok..i'm completely bummmed out...i called my derms phone service...my dr got back to me..she is calling in a prescription for a steroid, and i have to stop taking my pills..she says i should call her on monday and we will proceed from there..she says if the swelling hasnt gone down by then, there might be need for concern..if the swelling is better she says we will discuss dosage..i am so bummed out right now

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/14/2012 8:52 pm

Oh no!!!!

Sounds like an allergic reaction. I hate steroids, but they should help bring it back under control. I'm so sorry this is happening. sad.png Are you sure you didn't eat something you're allergic to? I know accutane can make your eyes SEVERELY dry. You could also ask the pharmacist for their advice when you get the prednisone or whatever you're going to take. They are medication experts and always have good ideas. There might be some kind of lubricating/anti-allergy eye drops you can use as well.

So sorry. I hope it gets better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. what's your name, so I know what to call you, and it will make it easier for me to say a special prayer for you tonight. I have had lots of allergic reactions so I know how scary they are.

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 09/14/2012 10:04 pm

Oh no!!!!

Sounds like an allergic reaction. I hate steroids, but they should help bring it back under control. I'm so sorry this is happening. sad.png Are you sure you didn't eat something you're allergic to? I know accutane can make your eyes SEVERELY dry. You could also ask the pharmacist for their advice when you get the prednisone or whatever you're going to take. They are medication experts and always have good ideas. There might be some kind of lubricating/anti-allergy eye drops you can use as well.

p.s. what's your name, so I know what to call you, and it will make it easier for me to say a special prayer for you tonight. I have had lots of allergic reactions so I know how scary they are.

Hi Gina..my name is Lisa! I HATE steroids too..she prescribed prednisone to me few months ago for a bad cyst that she didnt want to shoot with cortisone again..i didnt know the side effects of prednisone so i took it happily..little did i know you can flare up after you come off it, which of course i did...was horrible...She thinks it might be blepharitis..its a condition where the eyelash follicles get clogged..and causes swelling..she says most of the time it is very treatable, but will be an ongoing issue..also she did say that it could last the course , and also there are times where the eyelids will stay swollen even after the course...im like great..UGH...of all the things i was worried about as a side effect..i never thought of this one..haha..i was thinking if my liver was ok, and my hair didnt fall out..all wld be ok...well this eyelid crap really put a glitch in my thinking...darn darn darn! so bummed out...my hubby is like just wait and see..dont assume the worst...i just really hope i can continue accutane...today i was actually going to post positively for a change...cuz i didnt get anything new on my face and everything is healing and almost flat...Also since im so paranoid..i looked up on here swollen eyelids on accutane, and theres a thread..and there seems to be a problem of this :(..i just got to think positively..and decide which is worse cystic acne or swollen eyelids...haha...btw..i had meant to answer your other post but i got so freaked out by the eyelid situation...i live on Long Island, its about an hour away from NYC..Every year they have lots of Memorials in this area..unfortunately alot of people were lost in this area, very sad :(

I see your in Seattle, which i have always wanted to go..i LOVE rain, lol..everyone thinks im weird..i'm just not a sun person at all, i love the winter time, freaks people out..haha..and i also see your moving to England..(another rainy climate,heehee) How exciting and brave!!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/15/2012 6:56 pm

Hey Lisa!!!

Wow, insane I had no idea that could happen. I think I have like 1 eyelash follicle that is clogged, cause there's a tiny white bump there that I can feel with my fingernail. It never goes away but doesn't bother me much. Weird. Maybe I should get that checked out.

God I hate prednisone. I had to do a course before accutane cause my flare-up was sooooooo so so so bad. It kind of helped for a few days, and then it flared right up after I went off of the meds. Plus it made me sleepless, feel tired yet stimulated, hungry. Just try to stay active on it and your mind off of it. It will go by fast.

Did she say you were to continue taking accutane? Could something like this be permanent? That would scare me enough to go off of accutane, but that's cause I'm just as paranoid as you are! lol Do you think it is worth it to continue going?

Sorry to hear about all the Long Island folks. I'm glad they hold memorials though...keeps it meaningful and sensitive.

SEATTLE RULES!!!! I love the fall and winter, and especially the misty rain. I don't react very well to the sun, and enjoy being pale. Yes, I like the sun occasionally, but i prefer it slightly cooler and more comfortable. You're not crazy at all...you're just a Seattlite at heart. :)

Good luck and hope it all gets better!!!

MemberMember
(@tiger-1)

Posted : 09/17/2012 3:44 pm

Hi Lisa! That just sucks about the eye situation!! I am so sorry that has happened but I bet you'll get it all cleared up and be back on your course in no time. Good luck!!! I'm thinking positive thoughts for you!

P.S. I hate the rain!! So funny to hear you and Gina like it because I do truly hate when it rains - unless it's one of those rare times when it's early evening and I don't have to be anywhere and my whole family is home and we can all snuggle up together and listen to it - but that rarely happens. Usually it's raining when either A) I'm in the parking lot of the grocery store puttting groceries into my car or B) I'm at my son's soccer game. Hahahahahaha! Oh and in Florida I'm pretty sure it rains more than in Seattle.

MemberMember
(@heather135)

Posted : 09/17/2012 4:15 pm

Oh no!!!!

Hi Gina..my name is Lisa! I HATE steroids too..she prescribed prednisone to me few months ago for a bad cyst that she didnt want to shoot with cortisone again..i didnt know the side effects of prednisone so i took it happily..little did i know you can flare up after you come off it, which of course i did...was horrible...She thinks it might be blepharitis..its a condition where the eyelash follicles get clogged..and causes swelling..she says most of the time it is very treatable, but will be an ongoing issue..also she did say that it could last the course , and also there are times where the eyelids will stay swollen even after the course...im like great..UGH...of all the things i was worried about as a side effect..i never thought of this one..haha..i was thinking if my liver was ok, and my hair didnt fall out..all wld be ok...well this eyelid crap really put a glitch in my thinking...darn darn darn! so bummed out...my hubby is like just wait and see..dont assume the worst...i just really hope i can continue accutane...today i was actually going to post positively for a change...cuz i didnt get anything new on my face and everything is healing and almost flat...Also since im so paranoid..i looked up on here swollen eyelids on accutane, and theres a thread..and there seems to be a problem of this sad.png..i just got to think positively..and decide which is worse cystic acne or swollen eyelids...haha...btw..i had meant to answer your other post but i got so freaked out by the eyelid situation...i live on Long Island, its about an hour away from NYC..Every year they have lots of Memorials in this area..unfortunately alot of people were lost in this area, very sad sad.png

I see your in Seattle, which i have always wanted to go..i LOVE rain, lol..everyone thinks im weird..i'm just not a sun person at all, i love the winter time, freaks people out..haha..and i also see your moving to England..(another rainy climate,heehee) How exciting and brave!!

hahaha i LOVE the cold tooo! i live in scotland so we get plenty of it :) our "summer" just ended there and it was kinda frosty tonight, i dunno what it is i just like it, its comforting somehow. i really wanna go to newyork though, i think that would be amazing. me and my sister were planning to go a road trip once shes 21, we were gunna start off in new york, spend some time there then drive to LA and vegas! i get what u mean about the sun too, i hate it sometimes. i dunno if its maybe to do with being paranoid that my makeup is melting off, and the sheer discomfort of wearing high coverage makeup when its warm. and also direct sunlight on ur face isnt nice sometimes! MON THE COLD!

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 09/17/2012 4:25 pm

Hi Gina and Stacey! well good news, i went to eye dr today, i love my derm but i thought it wld be important to go see eye dr..and i know me, if i didnt i wld be so paranoid abt my eyes..i also did not feel good about the prednisone at all, i only took 3 pills and stopped..i felt like it wld be masking the problem and was way too nervous about a flare up happening to my eyes..i HATE prednisone! so eye dr says that my oil glands are clogged in my eyes..thats why i have a thickness to my eyelids..also if you look really closely you can see little bumps in my bottom lash line..so its like i have frkn zits in my eyelashes..only i wld get this!!..he says its very treatable but it will take a few weeks ..i have special drops and scrub for my eyelids..i have to do hot compresses twice a day and wash them twice a day..but horrors of all horrors is....NO EYE MAKEUP!!! OMG..i dont wear face make up much..but jeez i love my eyeliner and mascara! i feel naked without them! that totally sucks!! But it cldve been alot worse and i can remain on accutane, which im thrilled about..i only really missed a day bc on saturday i took pills bc i totally forgot i wasnt suppose to..i'm just so happy i dont have to stop bc my skin has actually been good..i hope i didnt just jinx myself! My rash on my arms is just out of hand...it is nasty, red and angry..blech...also on saturday i thought i was just takin off some flakes from my face..below the nose , above the lip..n holy shmoly..its like i ripped a hole in my face!! what a mistake! thats gonna take awhile to heal! i also been gettin lil scabs on my arms, from what i dont know, pretty gross..and of course my lips are falling off..when i was talking to the eye dr today..i cld just feel my lips getting dryer and dryer by the second, i cld feel them shriveling, by the time i left and looked in car mirror, my lips looked like white petrified wood, lol...and besides all that, im just so thankful i'm back on track!!

Gina..i'm so happy theres somebody else that likes the rain and winter!! heehee...Stacey im so glad to see you're doing good, i've been keeping my eyes out for you and havent seen you in awhile, i've read your updates, and so happy to see that everything is going well even tho you hate the rain..wink wink :)

well thats about it..i feel so relieved i get to stay on accutane! And dont forget girls...wash your eyelids twice a day! hahaha

Oh no!!!!

Hi Gina..my name is Lisa! I HATE steroids too..she prescribed prednisone to me few months ago for a bad cyst that she didnt want to shoot with cortisone again..i didnt know the side effects of prednisone so i took it happily..little did i know you can flare up after you come off it, which of course i did...was horrible...She thinks it might be blepharitis..its a condition where the eyelash follicles get clogged..and causes swelling..she says most of the time it is very treatable, but will be an ongoing issue..also she did say that it could last the course , and also there are times where the eyelids will stay swollen even after the course...im like great..UGH...of all the things i was worried about as a side effect..i never thought of this one..haha..i was thinking if my liver was ok, and my hair didnt fall out..all wld be ok...well this eyelid crap really put a glitch in my thinking...darn darn darn! so bummed out...my hubby is like just wait and see..dont assume the worst...i just really hope i can continue accutane...today i was actually going to post positively for a change...cuz i didnt get anything new on my face and everything is healing and almost flat...Also since im so paranoid..i looked up on here swollen eyelids on accutane, and theres a thread..and there seems to be a problem of this sad.png..i just got to think positively..and decide which is worse cystic acne or swollen eyelids...haha...btw..i had meant to answer your other post but i got so freaked out by the eyelid situation...i live on Long Island, its about an hour away from NYC..Every year they have lots of Memorials in this area..unfortunately alot of people were lost in this area, very sad sad.png

MemberMember
(@tiger-1)

Posted : 09/18/2012 12:41 pm

Yahoo for the eye situation getting better and knowing it's not a serious thing. I would have gone to the eye doctor too - that was a good call on your part. And about the no eye makeup thing - HORRORS!! I would be dying, haha! I usually wear makeup everyday but of course, when I work out, I don't wear any or maybe a little powder but I always throw on eyeliner and mascara - even when I go to the derm! Oh well, it could definitely be much worse, right? At least it is treatable. I was thinking about you last night and I was going to tell you today to do the warm washcloth thing so I'm glad your doctor suggested it. That will help a lot I bet. And good idea to follow your instinct and stop the steroid - I hate those too!

I get little scabs on my arms all the time and I have no idea where they come from. They drive me insane!! I feel like I have constant red dots all over my arms - when one or two clears up I get one or two more - I hate it!! And I peeled some skin off my chin this morning and although it didn't make a wound it definitely is red and irritated now so I feel ya on the peeling face. I totally thought it was just going to peel off nice and easy and leave no mark, sighhhhhhhh.

Glad you're feeling better about the eyes - I bet they clear up fast. :)

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 09/19/2012 7:03 pm

Ugh Ugh UGHHH...my eyes seem to be getting worse, i'm a little freaked out..I am going to try to get an appt. with another eye dr. tomorrow..i'm just so nervous and wouldnt mind a second opinion..im truly scared..i want to cry so bad but so scared it will make my eyes worse! what a bad day..to top it all off, that one stupid lip zit that was like a clogged pore has come back, and i have 3 new bumps in cheek and chin area..have no idea what they are going to do..and i attacked a big clogged pore on my forehead last night, finally got rid of the dang thing but jeez left quite the mess..really dont know what day im on..missed a day..took one pill a cpl of days..i think its day 40 or there about..gosh i hope i can look back on this post one day and be like what a bad memory, but i got thru it...

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/20/2012 3:01 pm

Oh no, try to stay calm. Breathe deep and do some visualizations (with your eyes closed of course :)) that your eyes are healing. It can only help...

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 09/20/2012 3:52 pm

well..im in utter despair..just got back from eye dr..she says i definitely have blepharitis..she says there are studies that show accutane does cause blepharitis..its a condition where your oil glands in your eyes are blocked and not functioning right..she says i have mild form...she basically told me that it is really my decision if i want to stay on accutane..that with the proper care i should be able to keep it under control..but heres the thing..i know its only been since monday..but jeez i have been doing everything right..no eyemakeup..my washes, and my hot compresses, and it got worse..i did not have this before accutane..i have to believe 100% accutane caused this..i just did tons of research on this, and there appears to be alot of people that this has happened to..and they wished they had stopped accutane as soon as they noticed it bc it has become worse and it doesnt get better..my eye dr says it will take like a month b4 i see optimum results, but feels very optimistic that it will clear..my dilemma is..do i stay on accutane and maybe it will get worse to where its a real problem?? will i be sorry that i didnt stop?? what happens if i do stop and it doesnt really get better either..and then i'll be sorry i came off accutane..im so confused..im more towards leaning to come off accutane, only bc i truly believe it is the cause, and truly possible it can make it worse..i feel like if the dr thinks i can really clear this up, then that should be my top priority..im really at a loss...i never knew abt this side effect..im so devastated..im a real mess right now..and to top it all off my face is just horrid right now, i was so embarassed to go to the eye dr. im so utterly confused..i also think..ok if i already have it, i might as well go for clear skin..im so scared of coming off accutane, felt like it was my last hope..to go back to square one is just devastating to me ..back to creams, antibiotics, cortisone shots..cysts forming on my face..i just feel at a complete loss right now,,i cant stop crying, i just feel despair

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/20/2012 4:09 pm

Oh no! eusa_pray.gif I guess my praying didn't work. I'm so so so sorry to hear this is happening to you, but I think you just gotta roll with your instincts here. If it were me, I would stop the accutane. People can assure you all day long that it's going to be fine and go away, but I wouldn't risk your eyes to clear acne. There's got to be a way somehow even without antibiotics. Maybe laser treatment? I've heard good things about it even though it burns. :(

Just please know you are making the right decision for your health and eyes at this time. I fully believe there is someway around this for you. You might even consider spironolactone at this point...

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 09/20/2012 4:36 pm

Oh no! eusa_pray.gif I guess my praying didn't work. I'm so so so sorry to hear this is happening to you, but I think you just gotta roll with your instincts here. If it were me, I would stop the accutane. People can assure you all day long that it's going to be fine and go away, but I wouldn't risk your eyes to clear acne. There's got to be a way somehow even without antibiotics. Maybe laser treatment? I've heard good things about it even though it burns. sad.png

Just please know you are making the right decision for your health and eyes at this time. I fully believe there is someway around this for you. You might even consider spironolactone at this point...

gina, ty so much for replying bc im so devastated right now..my instincts are saying to stop taking it, but my heart is just crushed..it took me so long to decide to take accutane, was such a long journey, and now it seems i have to end it..it was so exciting to think that in 5 months i cld have clear skin...i feel so scared, its like what happens when i come off it? is my face just going to explode? i know i need to call my derm, but i know she's going to try to talk me into staying on it..i just feel so exhausted..these past few months have been such a rollercoaster ride and i just feel so scared right now..so confused..am i making the right decision?? can i get thru 110 more days and not it get worse or a chronic condition? what is worse..inflamed itchy eyelids, where u cant really wear makeup..or gigantic cysts? my head is spinning..what happens if it stays like this anyway? gosh i just want to dig a hole and crawl into it..