Notifications
Clear all

See You Later Acne! (Pics Every Week)

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/14/2011 4:32 am

Day 14.

So.. Two weeks down already! That cyst in the middle of my back has started to reduce in size, and is less inflamed. I am experiencing mosquito like bumps on my upper arms.. I don't know how, as my arms have not been exposed outside since I started Roaccutane. Bit of a puzzler there. I have had a small cyst pop up on my left cheek in the past couple of days, it's not that bad but still annoying at the same time. Apart from that, nothing else :)

Christmas is coming up in a week and a half.. What are you guys getting your loved ones?? Hope your weekend went well!

xx E.

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/15/2011 6:13 am

Does Roaccutane make hyper pigmentation stand out more? I've noticed mine stand out a lot more recently :(

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 12/15/2011 7:23 am

Hi love, not sure about the hyperpigmentation thing.... my acne has always been so bad before accutane that I never knew how bad my hyperpig was before to compare it to if that makes sense..!.

...Oh you asked about xmas pressies...I'm getting my whole familly tickets to go see ''Priscilla Queen of the Desert'' in London... I guess you know about that being from Oz?!... also made some caremalised red onion chutney to hand out... What about you?

acne.org = good procrastination from revising for exams...x x x

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/15/2011 7:56 am

Hi love, not sure about the hyperpigmentation thing.... my acne has always been so bad before accutane that I never knew how bad my hyperpig was before to compare it to if that makes sense..!.

...Oh you asked about xmas pressies...I'm getting my whole familly tickets to go see ''Priscilla Queen of the Desert'' in London... I guess you know about that being from Oz?!... also made some caremalised red onion chutney to hand out... What about you?

acne.org = good procrastination from revising for exams...x x x

Oh well, haha. It isn't anything over the top, but still enough to make me notice. Oh that sounds great! :) and caramelised red onion chutney?! What is that may I ask? I've never heard of it :|

I've just got presents for my SO at the moment, a Wii, some DVD's and a couple of chocolates he likes :) he thinks I'm getting him an iPad2, I can't wait to see his face drop when he sees it's not. LOL I'm evil. Apart from that no one elses yet, I am getting dads tomorrow but I really don't know what to get.. We don't really celebrate holidays so we never give presents to each other, I may just get him some chocolates and a card :/

And yes, this place is wonderful. I love reading the success stories and other boards :) xx

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 12/15/2011 8:03 am

and caramelised red onion chutney?! What is that may I ask? I've never heard of it neutral.gif

Its just like an onion pickle type thing? Basically lots of red onions and sugar and vinegar and stuff tastes great on cheese...YUM... x x

MemberMember
(@glidden)

Posted : 12/15/2011 3:46 pm

and caramelised red onion chutney?! What is that may I ask? I've never heard of it neutral.gif

Its just like an onion pickle type thing? Basically lots of red onions and sugar and vinegar and stuff tastes great on cheese...YUM... x x

It sounds yum! I feel like im missing out not having tried it! Ive tried crisps in that flavour and they're good!

Where do u get your from (im from the UK too)?

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/15/2011 9:20 pm

Dentist today. Can't wait for him to see my makeup less face :'(

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/17/2011 5:11 am

Day 17.

So I think my IB has arrived, it isn't too bad.. Still upsetting though sad.png I went out for the first time in months last night (woo!) after having enough confidence to go out in public and my skin was fine besides having an eye-catcher in the middle of my left cheek, I guess the rest must of popped up overnight. And God, are they sore! I have three average sized nodules/cysts on my right cheek, four on my left and a little one about a fingers width away from my left eye. My forehead is okay, chin is fine. My back has a few pimples now as well. I've been feeling a little nauseous the past couple of days, I don't know if it's related or not to Roaccutane.

Nothing else besides that, and I just hope this breakout doesn't stick around for too long. And my apologies for the derp face!

Evelyn xxx.

post-162639-0-86051500-1324116510_thumb.

post-162639-0-73597700-1324116519_thumb.

post-162639-0-86051500-1324116510_thumb.

post-162639-0-73597700-1324116519_thumb.

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 12/17/2011 5:36 am

It sounds yum! I feel like im missing out not having tried it! Ive tried crisps in that flavour and they're good!

Where do u get your from (im from the UK too)?

I make my own! http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/aug/03/caramelised-red-onion-chutney-recipe so so simple

Its really good on top of sausage and mash and gravy - and makes it look a bit posh too x x

MemberMember
(@kellynemitz18gmail-com)

Posted : 12/17/2011 10:48 am

Your skin is gonna look really good by the end of your course!

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/17/2011 11:03 am

Thank you, Hopeful*. I know yours will too one day as well!

MemberMember

Posted : 12/17/2011 11:55 am

Thank you, Hopeful*. I know yours will too one day as well!

Ahh. I hope.

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/17/2011 1:46 pm

Everyone type in 'let it snow' in Google!!

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/18/2011 1:41 am

I'm feeling a little down today. The nodules I got yesterday are ridiculously inflamed, like an extreme red colour. And not only that, but the area around them is red as well :( I look terrible. Gah, I hope it goes away soon.

MemberMember
(@slowandsteady)

Posted : 12/18/2011 2:13 am

I'm feeling a little down today. The nodules I got yesterday are ridiculously inflamed, like an extreme red colour. And not only that, but the area around them is red as well sad.png I look terrible. Gah, I hope it goes away soon.

aw <3

I know what you're going through girl, I had really red and inflamed nodules all over my cheeks due to my ib ugh it was so bad. Painful to sleep, painful to eat, painful to smile! They went away after about 2 weeks and about 2 months after the nodules my redness is definitely lighter. Although i still have hyperpigmentation because of the inflamation and a little bit of scarring. I was put on prednisone by my derm after she saw how inflamed my face was.

Try some ibuprofen to get the swelling to die down and maybe applying some ice? Not much else helps but time unfortunately.

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/18/2011 2:19 am

I'm feeling a little down today. The nodules I got yesterday are ridiculously inflamed, like an extreme red colour. And not only that, but the area around them is red as well sad.png I look terrible. Gah, I hope it goes away soon.

aw <3

I know what you're going through girl, I had really red and inflamed nodules all over my cheeks due to my ib ugh it was so bad. Painful to sleep, painful to eat, painful to smile! They went away after about 2 weeks and about 2 months after the nodules my redness is definitely lighter. Although i still have hyperpigmentation because of the inflamation and a little bit of scarring. I was put on prednisone by my derm after she saw how inflamed my face was.

Try some ibuprofen to get the swelling to die down and maybe applying some ice? Not much else helps but time unfortunately.

Aw :( yeah, mine hurt even when I'm moisturising my face! Well thank you for your suggestion, I may go and take Ibuprofen now :)

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 12/18/2011 4:24 pm

Aw sad.png yeah, mine hurt even when I'm moisturising my face! Well thank you for your suggestion, I may go and take Ibuprofen now smile.png

Sweetheart sorry to hear you're in pain right now, Its so so horrible when just washin/moisturising/sleeping = pain...

I was thinking actuallly that in the last couple of days I have noticed that my HP does seem to be worse than before, I think you're right that maybe accutane does make it darker....as long as they eventually fade I don't care...PLEASE FADE!!! Or maybe its just that reading logs on here makes me think about things more, and makes me focus on things I wouldnt notice before haha...blessings and curses of forums eh? x x

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/19/2011 4:27 am

Aw sad.png yeah, mine hurt even when I'm moisturising my face! Well thank you for your suggestion, I may go and take Ibuprofen now smile.png

Sweetheart sorry to hear you're in pain right now, Its so so horrible when just washin/moisturising/sleeping = pain...

I was thinking actuallly that in the last couple of days I have noticed that my HP does seem to be worse than before, I think you're right that maybe accutane does make it darker....as long as they eventually fade I don't care...PLEASE FADE!!! Or maybe its just that reading logs on here makes me think about things more, and makes me focus on things I wouldnt notice before haha...blessings and curses of forums eh? x x

Haha, I know what you mean. But yeah, mine are definitely more noticeable than before. xx

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/19/2011 8:10 am

Just thought I'd upload a couple more photos as my skin has changed in the past couple of days. I took this earlier on in the day, which was about 8 hrs ago. As you can see they have developed a 'head'. And although you can't see it there, the two around my mouth area are starting to dry up. They have dry, flaky patches of skin developing on the tops of them, is that a good or bad thing?

post-162639-0-36215800-1324300392_thumb.

post-162639-0-17866100-1324300400_thumb.

post-162639-0-36215800-1324300392_thumb.

post-162639-0-17866100-1324300400_thumb.

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/19/2011 11:08 am

What would be the cons of using Duac as a spot treatment? Will it interfere with Roaccutane in ANY way? Affect the way it works at the end of the course? This is vain, but I would like to have my face decent by Christmas :(

MemberMember

Posted : 12/19/2011 1:36 pm

Ugh I'm jealous. Ur skin looks so smooth. U look like ur skin texture is even and good. Ugh I wish mine was like that. Why can't my skin be normal ? :(

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/19/2011 10:58 pm

Ugh I'm jealous. Ur skin looks so smooth. U look like ur skin texture is even and good. Ugh I wish mine was like that. Why can't my skin be normal ? sad.png

It's not that smooth, but it definitely looks a lot better since I started using oatmeal. I think with the consistent use it just buffed away all the bad bits. Have you tried your RMH yet?

MemberMember
(@perzona)

Posted : 12/20/2011 4:00 pm

Your skin really does look super smooth. Once accutane kills of those pimples it will look really radiant and excellent =)

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/21/2011 4:12 am

Your skin really does look super smooth. Once accutane kills of those pimples it will look really radiant and excellent =)

Thank you! I can't wait smile.png

Day 21.

Wow, three weeks already! Time has really gone by. Nothing new to report, except I'm using 'Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel' as a spot treatment. I have used this a few months ago over my entire face but I got little whiteheads around my nose/mouth area. I really don't know if the aloe vera caused that, because I stopped using it. Anyway, I applied it two times last night (waited until the first application dried, of course) and I woke up and the cysts have reduced in size by about 35%, so I'm extremely happy about that! If you are interested in trying it and want to know about it first, it's recommended by 82% of people on acne.org and rated 4.3/5:

http://www.acne.org/.../241/page1.html

Hope everyone is doing ok! xx

MemberMember

Posted : 12/21/2011 11:31 am

Ugh I'm jealous. Ur skin looks so smooth. U look like ur skin texture is even and good. Ugh I wish mine was like that. Why can't my skin be normal ? sad.png

It's not that smooth, but it definitely looks a lot better since I started using oatmeal. I think with the consistent use it just buffed away all the bad bits. Have you tried your RMH yet?

Yeah I did. I tried it only once though. I think it was pretty good. However, I have to wait a bit to use it again because the eczema rashes I have on my face thanks to accutane, unless it's an allergic reaction from Jojoba but I don't think it's that . The Honey can be a bit drying if your face is already super duper duper dry like mine. But it did looked help with soothing.