Notifications
Clear all

See You Later Acne! (Pics Every Week)

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/22/2011 7:06 am

Ugh I'm jealous. Ur skin looks so smooth. U look like ur skin texture is even and good. Ugh I wish mine was like that. Why can't my skin be normal ? sad.png

It's not that smooth, but it definitely looks a lot better since I started using oatmeal. I think with the consistent use it just buffed away all the bad bits. Have you tried your RMH yet?

Yeah I did. I tried it only once though. I think it was pretty good. However, I have to wait a bit to use it again because the eczema rashes I have on my face thanks to accutane, unless it's an allergic reaction from Jojoba but I don't think it's that . The Honey can be a bit drying if your face is already super duper duper dry like mine. But it did looked help with soothing.

Yeah, honey can be drying so moisturising is a must.

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/22/2011 8:59 am

Has anyone experienced being irritated and very snappy while on Roaccutane? I am snarky sometimes but lately I've just been rude for no reason and very irritated with people :/

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/23/2011 5:53 am

Day 23.

Well, my right side breakout has almost cleared up, except the one on my laugh line, that is still huge. My left side, unfortunately, is still bad! Why is my left always worse than my right?!?! I am hoping they shrink a little by Xmas though smile.png and my nose .. IT IS SO BLOODY SMOOTH! I can't keep rubbing it, seriously, it is SO smooth and looks so clear and clean now that those pesky blackheads have disappeared. I love it!! First sign that I am on my way to gorgeous skin at last biggrin.png My hair is still nice and not oily by the second day, and my face isn't too. Other than that, nothing. This will be my last post until after Christmas, so everyone have a happy holiday and I hope you all get wonderful presents! Mwa xxxx

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/23/2011 5:57 am

just curious, but did you ever take oral antibiotics?

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/23/2011 8:29 am

just curious, but did you ever take oral antibiotics?

Yes. I have used Doxylin 50 and Akamin 50. They did absolutely nothing to my face and I was on both for 4 months at a time. I noticed my face was progressively getting worse so I came off them and started Duac which started getting my face under control. Why is that?

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/28/2011 9:05 am

Day 28.

WOW. A MONTH ALMOST DOWN! Just thought I'd say my face is 99% clear right now :) the 1% being a very small cyst that will definitely go within the next couple of days, so clear skin for NYE! This is definitely great news, the IB didn't last all that long, and I'm hoping I don't suffer with another breakout during my course. Will update with photos of my skin tomorrow. Hope everyone had an awesome Christmas.

MemberMember
(@perzona)

Posted : 12/28/2011 3:02 pm

Are you still using oatmeal as a cleanser and if so, how is it working out for you?

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/29/2011 3:20 am

Are you still using oatmeal as a cleanser and if so, how is it working out for you?

Yes, I am still using oatmeal as a cleanser. It's working really well! My skin has reacted well to it, and this past week it's been looking extremely smooth and refined (and feels it, too!)

So, here are the promised pictures. I know it looks like I have actives but it's just my HP standing out.

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 12/29/2011 6:53 am

Yay for you!!! :) Looking so good and smooth!...damn that pesky HP i'm the same, hopefully it fades soon with less actives.

Isnt it nice to wash your face/ put make up on etc without wincing in pain?

x x x

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/29/2011 7:02 am

Yay for you!!! smile.png Looking so good and smooth!...damn that pesky HP i'm the same, hopefully it fades soon with less actives.

Isnt it nice to wash your face/ put make up on etc without wincing in pain?

x x x

Yeah, I hope so too :) and yes, it's wonderful! I have been running my hands over my face in the shower the past two days just feeling it, haha.

MemberMember
(@restrictions)

Posted : 12/29/2011 11:11 am

Hii just looked through your log im jelous! You look AMAZING with makeup and without it your acne is not bad at all, just a little hyperpigmentation, but i feel ya with the random hell-like breakouts that ruin your life. Generally i can survive with my acne, but at times it goes crazyyyy!

GOOD LUCK!

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 12/30/2011 6:23 am

Hii just looked through your log im jelous! You look AMAZING with makeup and without it your acne is not bad at all, just a little hyperpigmentation, but i feel ya with the random hell-like breakouts that ruin your life. Generally i can survive with my acne, but at times it goes crazyyyy!

GOOD LUCK!

Oh, thank you so much! Yep, the HP sucks because it's dotted all over my cheeks and very noticeable IRL. But, thank you, and good luck to you too!!

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 01/02/2012 7:19 am

Day 33.

Hello everyone. Happy new year! I hope you all had an awesome NYE - I certainly did!! .. So my skin is still doing okay, I have had a small cyst and a tiny whitehead pop up over the past couple of days, but I'm really not as fussed as I used to be whenever I got them. It's already starting to go down, so now I'm just playing the waiting game.

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 01/02/2012 12:56 pm

Argh. I am all kinds of emotions right now - depressed, angry, upset, devastated. All thanks to me I am no longer with my boyfriend, what a great fucking start to the year. What the fuck is wrong with me!!!! Seriously, I'm just so messed up right now I don't know what I'm doing half the time. God I really do fucking hate my life. FUCK!

So just wondering if I can take a Blackmores Executive Sleep Formula tablet while on accutane to help calm my mind to fall asleep so I can wake up tomorrow and see that this is just a bad dream sad.png

MemberMember
(@paulh85)

Posted : 01/02/2012 1:56 pm

Aww, sorry to hear that. Sounds like you could do with a bit of time out to get your head together. Obviously I don't know the situation but perhaps you'll be able to work it out when you're in a better frame of mind and feeling more balanced. Whatever happens, give yourself a break and keep your chin up.

As far the sleeping tablets are concerned, you'll be safe because they're primarily herbal based. I can't guarantee that you'll wake up tomorrow and find that it was just a bad dream, unfortunately. but you'll be perfectly fine to take the suggested dosage while on Accutane. :)

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 01/06/2012 12:26 am

Aww, sorry to hear that. comfort.gif Sounds like you could do with a bit of time out to get your head together. Obviously I don't know the situation but perhaps you'll be able to work it out when you're in a better frame of mind and feeling more balanced. Whatever happens, give yourself a break and keep your chin up.

As far the sleeping tablets are concerned, you'll be safe because they're primarily herbal based. I can't guarantee that you'll wake up tomorrow and find that it was just a bad dream, unfortunately. but you'll be perfectly fine to take the suggested dosage while on Accutane. smile.png

Thanks, Paul. You seem like a really awesome, caring guy! I've seen your posts on a lot of logs and you just have the kindest words to say to everyone. Thank you again smile.png

Day 37.

Sorry for my outbreak the other day, and thanks to the people who sent me PM's to see if I was okay. Um, my face is looking really good actually. I have just one active on my right cheek from the other day which is starting to shrink. The rest of my face is super smooth and there's a glow to it! I'm not looking dull like I used to, I genuinely look healthier for some reason, ha ha. I am still amazed with my nose which is just so unbelievably smooth and it's soo clear too! I will upload photos in a couple of days.

Happy Friday, guys. Have an awesome weekend smile.png

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 01/11/2012 5:00 am

Hi everyone. After much thought I have decided to discontinue my log here on acne.org due to the fact I don't think my face is 'serious' enough to make a log about, and a couple of people have PM'd me saying the same thing.

I will continue to take Roaccutane, I just will not be making anymore posts. I wish everyone the best of luck with their skin journey, you know at the end of this tough road there'll be sunshine smile.png

Thanks for reading and giving your advice to anyone who ever replied to this!

Evelyn xxx.

MemberMember
(@thrillpink)

Posted : 01/11/2012 12:39 pm

I haven't read your whole log, but what do you mean by not serious enough? What is serious enough? Kind of weird people tell you that.

Just hope you're not stopping because of them, anyway good luck :)

MemberMember
(@paulh85)

Posted : 01/11/2012 7:46 pm

I don't know what was said or who said it, but it's not appropriate for people to be telling others whether they should or shouldn't be here, or whether they should or shouldn't be keeping a log. The severity of a persons acne is relative and is not some kind of competition. Users benefit from keeping logs and their readers do, too. I've benefitted from reading countless logs and I've never even taken Accutane! This place is all about support and everyone has a right to that, certainly if they're after a bit of help and encouragement as they make their way through a course of Accutane. So I'd ask anyone who thinks it is acceptable to send PM's like that to think twice because it certainly is not.

MemberMember
(@sweetinx)

Posted : 01/22/2012 12:45 am

Argh. I am all kinds of emotions right now - depressed, angry, upset, devastated. All thanks to me I am no longer with my boyfriend, what a great fucking start to the year. What the fuck is wrong with me!!!! Seriously, I'm just so messed up right now I don't know what I'm doing half the time. God I really do fucking hate my life. FUCK!

So just wondering if I can take a Blackmores Executive Sleep Formula tablet while on accutane to help calm my mind to fall asleep so I can wake up tomorrow and see that this is just a bad dream sad.png

I have just been reading through your log and saw this. I'm so sorry- and if its any consolation, I am in exactly the same position as you.

I wish you would continue with your log! My skin is in a very similar condition to yours and even though people don't think it's "severe" you are doing so many people a favour by tracking your progress! Please consider coming back :)

I am due to start Accutane on Jan 30. This message board is so helpful.

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 11/21/2012 7:51 am

Hi all.

It's been a while since I've posted. So some of you know I took accutane last November for my acne. I finished my course in June. But around six weeks later my acne started to come back and it's still around even now. I thought taking accutane would help but it hasn't seemed to have done anything for my skin :/ I'm getting really depressed.

What do I do? Has anyone had this happen to them too? Do I take another course or try and find something different?

E

MemberMember
(@tommyc38)

Posted : 11/25/2012 10:42 pm

I would suggest getting tested for food allergies, hormone levels, and food sensitivity. I am currently just finishing my first month on tane and am praying the worst is behind me. I'm 30 and convinced there is something internal that is causing me to still get acne. There have been times where I had three huge cysts that were really inflamed and then they completely disappear in two days without a mark. I'm going to get tested sometime in the next four months or so. I have read others doing this with great success. I took accutane five years ago and I was generally clear but would have the occasional breakout. Eventually my forehead was completely ravaged so I decided to get some antibiotics and they worked great for over a year but then stopped working. I decided a full 6 month course was needed of accutane to get things back under control. I eat really healthy and workout all the time. I have had it with this disease ruining my life and am absolutely determined to wage war and hopefully figure out if I am eating something or have some allergy that could be causing it. How long were you on tane? My dr told me that if your gonna do it to go all the way as she has been prescribing it for 20+ years and has always found it works the best when you take your dose per lb for the full 6 months to reach your cumulative dosage which I have never done. Anyways...hang in there! It's a really shitty disease.

MemberMember
(@bigdreams)

Posted : 11/26/2012 12:48 am

I took it for six months. I did clear up by almost the 4th month, and was clear from then until six weeks after my course when my acne started to appear again. It really sucks it didn't work, because I had such high hopes for it.

But, on Friday night I started the acne.org regimen, I didn't think it would really work but unbelievably it has. The cysts on my cheeks have completely disappeared and it's only been three days. My skin looks as great as it did when I was on accutane. I kinda wish I had done this before beginning accutane though. Anyway, thank you so much for your reply. And I really hope accutane works for you! Because you're right, it is a horrible disease.

Good luck.