Notifications
Clear all

The Ultimate Problem Solver For Body Acne

MemberMember
(@clearmission)

Posted : 06/21/2010 1:23 am

This has been very helpful. I have been very successful doing just this. Hope this helps others.

Twice a week Dan's Reg (BP+AHA+moisturizer)

About 4 days a week, gold bond powder

Every other day I use head and shoulders on back in shower(every other day because more than that can irritate your back)

everyday Neutrogema body clear/body wash in shower

-------------------------

doing this I have went from moderate/severe bacne to minor/totally clear. I'm quite happy about this.

Oh ya and drink tons of water

MemberMember
(@jokerj)

Posted : 06/28/2010 2:14 pm

but, hey, this stuff has menthol... an irritant, no?

no one has spoken of this yet

MemberMember
(@smalltrio)

Posted : 07/12/2010 2:27 pm

hmm do you think it would work it i first put AHA on my back than the gold bond powder?

MemberMember
(@chiefparten)

Posted : 07/19/2010 2:12 am

Can someone give me a link to the exact gold bond I should be buying. I searched Gold Bond Powder on drugstore.com and got 4 different results. Which should I be using. Or are they all equally effective at acne prevention?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/19/2010 12:29 pm

Guys, the powder has talc in it. There has been a lot of talk about talc being a possible carcinogen, especially when inhaled.

Please take a look at the ingredients of what you use! Avoid anything that has BHA, BHT, talc and parabens (they clog pores).

walgreens.com/store/catalog/Bath-and-Shower/Medicated-Body-Powder/ID=prod6117-product (click the ingredients tab)

MemberMember
(@hoot)

Posted : 07/24/2010 3:38 pm

I support this method 110%.

I used this when I was deployed to keep my skin from getting real bad. This WORKS!

Its working for me right now.

FYI, it doesnt have to be GOLD BOND. There are store brands that have the same ingredients as Gold Bond Medicated for half the price.

MemberMember
(@jokerj)

Posted : 08/01/2010 5:46 pm

I used this when I was deployed to keep my skin from getting real bad. This WORKS!

FYI, it doesnt have to be GOLD BOND. There are store brands that have the same ingredients as Gold Bond Medicated for half the price.

what stores carry it?

and does ANYONE have an idea about the menthol being an irritant?

cause i'm going to try to use it to help the folliculitis caused by sweat and irritation, and im imagining a nightmare where this causes much more horrible irritation, pain, and papules/postules

ugh, knock on wood

i hope that would happen

i don't think i could take that right about now

MemberMember
(@jokerj)

Posted : 08/01/2010 9:26 pm

what stores carry it?

and does ANYONE have an idea about the menthol being an irritant?

cause i'm going to try to use it to help the folliculitis caused by sweat and irritation, and im imagining a nightmare where this causes much more horrible irritation, pain, and papules/postules

ugh, knock on wood

i hope that would happen

i don't think i could take that right about now

and it seems ridiculous that something sold as an antiirritant would have such an irritating ingredient in it

MemberMember
(@chiefparten)

Posted : 08/04/2010 12:37 am

Does anyone know if the Gold Bond medicated Body Lotion would also be as effective as the powder. Just thought it would be easier to apply then the powder.

MemberMember
(@catcrazy)

Posted : 08/12/2010 4:22 pm

At first, I used this product while using h&s as a body wash. It did clear up a lot of my bacne, but I wanted something a little better because I wasn't achieving the amazing results that other people were. So I started washing my back with neutrogena stress control power cream body wash in addition (or something along those lines. its a long name.) and all I have to say is WOW. I don't even use h&s anymore. (I just found out that the first three ingredients are highly comedogenic, and I think it may have even been aggravating the condition.) I now have three active zits and basically all of my red marks are gone. I just got back from a summer vacation of backless dresses and tank tops. :) I am insanely happy.

MemberMember
(@catcrazy)

Posted : 08/12/2010 4:28 pm

I bought this a while ago and I love it! I also use the lotion :D oh! I apply the lotion to my face and it feels much better than Olay Complete.

the lotion heals up my scabs nicely too making my face real smooth and even ^^ <3 it <3 it!

which lotion do you use? Is it the extra strength triple action body lotion? I bought a bottle of that, but I'm not sure if I should use it because it is for the body. I checked for comedogenic ingredients and I didn't find any, but I was just wondering if you used this or something else.

MemberMember
(@jharvey)

Posted : 10/22/2010 7:50 pm

hmm do you think it would work it i first put AHA on my back than the gold bond powder?

Can anybody answer this question? I'd like to try the Gold Bond body powder, however I also use AHA on my back. Could I put AHA on my back, let it dry, and the apply the Gold Bond powder?

MemberMember
(@mythik)

Posted : 10/23/2010 8:54 pm

double post

MemberMember
(@mythik)

Posted : 10/23/2010 8:55 pm

which of this products do you recommend?

GOLD BOND MEDICATED BODY POWDER EXTRA STRENGTH

Gold Bond Medicated Body Powder

GOLD BOND ULTIMATE COMFORT BODY POWDER with ALOE

MemberMember
(@will-wang)

Posted : 11/08/2010 8:14 pm

which of this products do you recommend?

GOLD BOND MEDICATED BODY POWDER EXTRA STRENGTH

Gold Bond Medicated Body Powder

GOLD BOND ULTIMATE COMFORT BODY POWDER with ALOE

I just started Gold Bond Medicated body powder extra strength since i have really bad chest and back acne..on 2nd day..no results so far..hopefully i'll see results on this

MemberMember
(@michelle_92)

Posted : 11/09/2010 5:27 pm

Im going to the store tonight and trying this body powder stuff out. I really hope it helps it sounds pretty good with the zync and all.

MemberMember
(@will-wang)

Posted : 11/21/2010 9:55 pm

After 2 weeks - powder dries up existing acne but doesnt prevent new acne from coming - will try it for another 2 weeks. But not really satisfied with results

MemberMember
(@roderick9van)

Posted : 11/25/2010 8:04 am

one of my friends try it and it works perfect ....... i guess its cool treatment

MemberMember
(@kristabel)

Posted : 03/09/2011 4:52 pm

Has anyone had success with any of the gold bond creams or lotions instead of the powder? I been scared off by all the cancer comments about the powder

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/22/2011 12:09 pm

Can you use anti-monkey butt powder for the same purpose? I have three bottles of that powder. Or should I get Gold Bond?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/02/2011 12:14 am

this seems like it might break me out.

MemberMember
(@sunni707)

Posted : 11/25/2011 2:10 pm

I really wanna try this but I'm kind of apprehensive after some google searches pointed out that there's a possible link between talc powder and cancer?? It seems to be that the consumer brand of talc is as of now unknown in it's safety but there's a lot of doctors that disagree with using it :( damn it looked so good too...

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 02/02/2013 9:06 pm

will gold bond lotion work?