Notifications
Clear all

The Ultimate Problem Solver For Body Acne

MemberMember
(@jiveturkey86)

Posted : 10/04/2009 12:17 am

has anyone else had reduced results after using this product for a long time? it worked great in the beggining but it has seemed to lose its effectiveness after a few months

MemberMember
(@mrhelper)

Posted : 10/05/2009 2:41 am

Yeah I tried this many years back <----.. But it didn't help me at all.

Also used on face, not good... not good. Especially if you have flaky skin.

MemberMember
(@dennisdo)

Posted : 10/05/2009 4:32 pm

Same here, I used it 2 months ago and it doesn't really help. You're better off using BP to clear your body acne.

MemberMember
(@upon-a-december)

Posted : 10/07/2009 1:39 pm

Wow this sounds great! I'm already using Lush Ocean Salt Cleanser (I really need to get more Lush products they are amazing!) on my face and back but I'd love to add Gold Bond in! Back acne has always been my worst problem and I can never wear tank tops, dresses, or sometimes shirts with a v-neck because of chest acne. It's been getting somewhat better with my diet and all but even when I was taking antibiotics that didn't do anything. I never got to go to prom because I was so ashamed and I go swimming a lot but never invite my friends so I really hope this helps some.

MemberMember
(@hope09)

Posted : 10/07/2009 8:58 pm

lol this doesn't work. I wasted my money on nothing. I just apply some on my back and usually when I wear a shirt or touch something.. the powder just removes. It doesn't do anything but makes my back pale.

MemberMember
(@danjor92)

Posted : 10/23/2009 6:08 am

can u get this in the uk??

MemberMember
(@fauxxmuu)

Posted : 03/22/2010 3:13 am

I love Gold Bond, but since a found out it contains a carcinogen (CANCER) I've been looking for a similar, talc-free product.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/06/2010 2:54 pm

How are you supposed to apply the Gold Bond Powder?

MemberMember
(@betsysmith)

Posted : 04/13/2010 5:21 am

I can't stop reading all the threads ,sounds interesting.I wish this would work better for me..

MemberMember
(@catcrazy)

Posted : 04/15/2010 11:01 pm

I love Gold Bond, but since a found out it contains a carcinogen (CANCER) I've been looking for a similar, talc-free product.

talc isn't actually a carcinogen

read this: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/cri/content/..._and_cancer.asp

MemberMember
(@catcrazy)

Posted : 04/16/2010 11:30 pm

Although I am curious how you can apply the powder with minimal airway intake. (Its probably not so great to breath in the powder anyway.) Would it work to put it on your hands first then spread it on your back?

MemberMember
(@cindy6789)

Posted : 04/17/2010 11:45 pm

I was reading the ingredients on the Gold Bond original strength and it has salicylic acid in it so I bet that helps too besides the zinc. Plus the drying action of a powder. I'm going to try this. I've been having problems with my back breaking out since I started going to the gym from the sweating. I shower right after working out and even have been using Acne Free or Proactive on my back right at the gym but they are not working. Maybe the powder will help if I put it on before going to the gym and also still take a shower after. I also ordered the BP treatment in the 16 oz size from here so I hope that works. I'll wash my back and put it on before bed and wear a white t-shirt to bed and white sheets. I have many white t-shirts 100% cotton since I used to use clearasil on my back which worked but the tubes are so small not enough in them for back acne.

MemberMember
(@babylon)

Posted : 05/13/2010 9:24 am

I bought this in about July/August last year, and it's helped me SO much! I've had bacne since I was about 14 and i'm 22 now, and this is the best it's ever been, so much that I only use it about once a month now, when I first had it I used it twice a day. I really recommend it!

MemberMember
(@cdnguy)

Posted : 05/13/2010 9:32 am

This thread sounds a lot like the Head & Shoulders thread that's been going around. Unfortunately the Head & Shoulders actually made my body acne WORSE, so I'm a little afraid to try this. It has pyrithione zinc in it. Is this the same as Gold Bond?

MemberMember
(@jordanrhughes)

Posted : 05/19/2010 11:58 am

Great tips and tricks here. Thanks for sharing.

Jordan

MemberMember
(@totallytexanyo)

Posted : 05/23/2010 10:51 am

So you can't rely on this for a long time??

MemberMember
(@catcrazy)

Posted : 05/31/2010 12:11 am

I just used gold bond for the first time. I REALLY hope this works because summer is coming and I want to wear all of my cute backless shirts/dresses soooooooo badly.

MemberMember
(@ryan11)

Posted : 06/02/2010 3:17 am

This intrigues me as well...Dans regimen is working but just not fast enough for me, i have a church camp im going to in 5 days and i need to be clearer faster, and seeing how fast everyone says this works, ill be going to walmart today to buy me some. i have moderate acne, no cysts or nodules just lots of little pimples on my back (maybe not as many as i think) and im hoping this will clear it up in 5 days.

ill report back with my findings sunday morning, or sooner if it works.

MemberMember
(@catia)

Posted : 06/03/2010 12:32 am

I asked my mom for this cream and she got me the Anti-Itch lotion version. Would that work, too? Or is that something completely different?

MemberMember
(@catcrazy)

Posted : 06/04/2010 9:20 pm

Wow. I really like this stuff. I've been applying it three times a day: after my shower at night (In the shower I also use Head and Shoulders as a body wash. I used to just leave on the head and shoulders overnight as a treatment, but the results were less than stellar.), before I get dressed in the morning, and after my afternoon workout when I get home ( I sweat A LOT on these runs and I don't even have to shower until my nightly one mentioned above. I just put the powder on my back and continue on with my homework). The results are impressive. I just started using it Sunday and now it is Friday and my back has two small active zits on it. And its actually been that way for a couple of days. (I would have posted earlier but this week has been very busy) AMAZING. However, there are still red marks left from my picking habit. And to think, I could've worn a backless dress on this hot day if I had just refrained from picking. Maybe ACV will help get rid of those? This product has truly given me hope that I will be wearing this strapless dress this summer. :) (Its my inspiration to find a treatment that works.)

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/juniors/dr...pless+Dress.jsp

(In "moss")

Trust me its way cuter in person with a belt. ;)

MemberMember
(@adam128)

Posted : 06/14/2010 8:41 pm

I asked my mom for this cream and she got me the Anti-Itch lotion version. Would that work, too? Or is that something completely different?

No, don't use the cream. Get the powder!!! I couldn't find the powder version at walmart, so I found it at my local drug store. Hoping for some good results!

Any more success?

MemberMember
(@jokerj)

Posted : 06/15/2010 12:39 pm

this sounds like it'd be a good idea for me. i get this little folliculitis or acne sorta thing on my stomache from sweat. i was gonna use baby powder to soak up sweat, but if this will do that and help get rid of red marks and heal blemishes, well damn!

my one problem is i just got a subnurn yesterday over my stomache.

does anyone know if it would be a bad idea to put this over a sunburn?

thanks

jj

MemberMember
(@jokerj)

Posted : 06/15/2010 5:54 pm

but, hey, this stuff has menthol... an irritant, no?

MemberMember
(@paingiggler)

Posted : 06/15/2010 6:05 pm

If you truly want to get clear visit seppo pussa clear for life it is free. and will boost your health.

Also most acne problems are due to emotional stress

SO

Just live a healthy lifestyle.

MemberMember
(@jokerj)

Posted : 06/17/2010 4:31 pm

If you truly want to get clear visit seppo pussa clear for life it is free. and will boost your health.

Also most acne problems are due to emotional stress

SO

Just live a healthy lifestyle.

good advice, but definitely unrelated to this specific topic