Notifications
Clear all

Acne on chest, legs, and back

MemberMember
(@tigersandtrees)

Posted : 04/26/2009 12:47 pm

When I hit puberty like a ton of bricks, it kind of looked like those bricks stuck to my face. Everywhere on my body and face there was red acne. Legs, face, back, chest, arms, my rear, thighs, neck.

I came across this site when I was about 15 or so and read about the regime, and started using it on my face - it cleared my face up so well, and my face has been very clear ever since then. The only time I get a break out is when I am about to get my monthly visit. Around the time I turned 18 I stopped using the regime and started just using Olay facial washcloths to remove my makeup (I wear Loreal Truematch and it doesn't make me break out at all). My skin is soft and clear and I get compliments all the time. So I have been off the regime for two years now :)

But, I still have acne every where else... almost. It's faded on my arms and legs, but it's still very much there on my chest and back. I've always wanted to have style, but felt limited. I've always wanted short hair, but am too afraid that people will see my bacne. Everyone thinks I have great skin but I really don't! I can't wear the clothes I want to, I can't go to the beach. I'm horribly pale when I'd just like to have a nice tan and go to the beach. I had to wear my hair down for Prom, Homecoming, and when my friend got married I begged her to let me wear my hair down instead of up with her strapless bridesmaid dress - which sort of ruined the whole 'matching' thing she desperately wanted.

I'm even really shy about it with my boyfriend, who I've been living with -for a year-! I won't let him give me a massage or see me without my shirt off and I tend to go and hide when I'm getting changed. It ruins the spontaneous intimacy that I crave.

I used to avoid the public altogether, but decided when I was 18 that it was time to move on with my life, so I have done some traveling and seen some things and don't regret that decision.

But now I've decided that this acne isn't going to fade. It's mild, but it's leaving scars, and I am sick of it! I've been reading the forums here since this place helped me so nicely with my facial acne.

I've tried to use Neutrogena body wash... it is wonderful stuff but doesn't work fully with me. I stopped using it in the shower about 3 months ago and I just use Dove bodywash, the original white, with a soft loofa. I used to use it with a cloth so I could reach all the areas, but it was such a pain half the time and I just figured... it's not working after 8 years, it's not going to suddenly work because I have this piece of cloth, so I ditched it.

My skin is about the same with no change since using just the Dove. I love Dove because it doesn't leave any residue, it smells lovely, and it makes my skin soft and glowy. I am pretty much convinced that my soap isn't my problem - I am constantly on a diet to maintain a healthy weight, and I eat lots of dairy and wheat products, especially fat free cottage cheese. I'm not a big milk drinker though, I have it only occasionally with some cereal. I read here that this could be a cause for my body acne.

I also just recently purchased the light back acne kit with the body buddy. When it gets here I'll try it out. If it doesn't work within 10 weeks I may try that H&S regime I read about.

The reason why I am so focused on clearing my acne now is because I am going to be visiting my hometown this summer and I want to get short hair and wear tank tops outside without feeling so self-conscious. I'm going to go see old friends and I don't want them to see me as the same shy person when in reality I am very outgoing and happy. I want to feel good about myself when I stand naked in front of the mirror! I have put in so much time and effort into going to the gym and eating right, I'd like to just be satisfied with myself for once.

That's really all I have to say.. feels good to get that off my chest. I'll post pics when I get the chance and show you the regime. My acne right now isn't bad, but it's still very much there.

MemberMember
(@wfreese)

Posted : 09/22/2015 8:17 pm

Dear tigersandtrees, i knnow this is six yesrs later, but i feel the exact same was as you about my body acne. It is mostly on my back amd chest, and no matter what i do, it won't go away. I am not sure if you even remember writing this since it was six years ago, but i am curious to know if anything ended up working for you. If you see this, please reply! :)