Notifications
Clear all

90% Of Teenage Acne Is Caused By Demodex Mites

MemberMember
(@pjc)

Posted : 04/01/2019 7:57 pm

May I ask what type of treatment the doctor has found to work?

MemberMember
(@karenm)

Posted : 04/01/2019 8:16 pm

4 minutes ago, PJC said:

May I ask what type of treatment the doctor has found to work?

I went on oral ivermectin for 6 weeks (1 dose a week for 6 weeks) and oral metronidazole 3 times a day for 4 weeks. I use soolantra (ivermectin 1% prescription cream) 2 times a day and ketoconazole (antifungal cream). I believe that using the oral medications worked to bring the demodex population under control, but it caused my gut to become unbalanced and I started getting terrible hormonal cystic acne. So now I'm dealing with keeping the mites at bay (so far so good) but am on hormone blockers to stop my cystic acne! One thing that is new that is super promising with killing demodex is using oat groats pureed with water and applied topically! It can cause an immediate die off, though, so be ready! The die off happens within 24 hours so very quickly. From what I understand there's a chemical found in unheated and unprocessed oat seeds that dissolves the demodex body. I had a few spots pop up after I used it, but they cleared pretty quickly. I am currently using this method of applying oat groat puree water to my face daily or every other day just to clear up any mites that may be lurking. Hopefully this keeps working!

MemberMember
(@pjc)

Posted : 04/05/2019 6:17 pm

That is intense, you would think they would be gone after all of that. Like I said I have been treating it for a year and have only a semblance of control of it. I have never heard of groats. So they are oat seeds? Do you buy them at a health food store? I assume you are in the US. I am in Canada and it would be nice to find one doctor that is versed on demodex let alone a network of ten!

MemberMember
(@karenm)

Posted : 04/06/2019 4:18 pm

21 hours ago, PJC said:

That is intense, you would think they would be gone after all of that. Like I said I have been treating it for a year and have only a semblance of control of it. I have never heard of groats. So they are oat seeds? Do you buy them at a health food store? I assume you are in the US. I am in Canada and it would be nice to find one doctor that is versed on demodex let alone a network of ten!

You can buy a bag of oat groats on Amazon for about $10 US. I just had a friend try them on her feet to help with what she believes is a fungal/possible demodex issue and she said it's working great to fix her feet. Give it a shot! They're pretty cheap.