Notifications
Clear all

The OIL CLEANSING METHOD (Highly Recommended!)

MemberMember
(@beyondinfinity)

Posted : 01/31/2016 9:50 pm

I think some people who have had negative experience are using the wrong oils, and not performing the procedure correctly. I mean you can't just do it one day, then use soaps and creams the next, or just rub some oil on your face once and a while and hope for the best. And I can't believe people are trying coconut oil, I wouldn't use thatat all, it is almost like putting butter on your face. Also people are using way too much extra virgin olive oil in their mix. I tried 50/50 with castor oil and I found it too greasy, I would never have used 80/20 like some are using. I switched to pure 100% castor and that finally worked for me. Although my skin might be different, I had very oily skin, but now it is no longer as oily or shinylike it used to be.

I think that there is something going on with the bacteria, and using the wrong oils may perhaps be feeding the wrong bacteria in your skin thereby contributing to increased acne formation. Don't forget microbes are all over our skin and they play a role in keeping us healthy, and they also play a role in making us sick. Just look at what we have learned about our guts and how lack of beneficial bacteria contributes to things like inflammatory bowel disease. The bacteria on our skin feed on oils, lipids, fats that your skin secretes. And who knows, maybe the castor oil (or whatever oil works for you) could be indigestible to the bad bacteria thereby reducing their numbers on the skin. Or its cleaning away the oils that they do feed on.

Regardless, my experience with OCM is very positive and I'll continue using it.

MemberMember
(@convinceme)

Posted : 02/20/2016 10:47 pm

Seriously guys, this is why random skincare fads and trends like the OCM (oil cleansing method) destroy people, along with dabbing lemon juice on the skin and using egg white as a mask, etc. My acne wasn't that bad in the past but only recently, I started to use a cleanser that contains castor oil as one of its active ingredients because I heard that oil can pull oil out from the skin and does a good job swiping away the dirt on the surface. The first few washes were, well, I can't even use the word 'good'. It just felt 'okay' (the only noticeable difference was a more thorough clean than the Cetaphil that I was using prior to this, that's all).

After a week or so, I realised that cystic acne started to appear on my chin, something that has never happened in my life. All I got previously were pustules with some white liquid that would come and go without leaving a mark. These cysts were horrible and they left pigmentation; again, something that has never happened to me no matter how bad my pustules were. It's just terrible. Now, I can actually see and feel that my pores are clogged. There are also a few persistent blackheads on my cheek that resulted from this OCM. It's terrible.

I wish I have never read all the 'rave reviews' on OCM. I wish I never had.

It's just not for everyone. And one more thing, the oil when it gets to the eyes, it stings. The texture is too gooey and just doesn't feel right on the skin. As soon as I had that feeling, I thought "who would put this gunk on their face"? I'm not sure if the people giving rave reviews on OCM have any hidden vested interested in selling the oil or the method but I don't know, it's just too terrible.

Do it at your own risk. The texture of this gunk is not meant to be smeared on your face. Go think about it. I can only hope that more people are responsible about what they write, especially when it comes to trends and fads like the the OCM. Put a disclaimer or something and go into detail about your skin condition as to what it was like before using this method. Better yet, post some photos. 'Improvements' can be deceiving.

Some people get okayish results from the initial usage and rave about it on forums like these but may break out later and never bothered to post an update. Seriously, guys.

MemberMember
(@fantasized)

Posted : 02/23/2016 4:49 pm

I have oily sensitive skin and tried moisturising with hemp oil. Its been a week and my face has broken out a lot. I don't know what to do! Should i continue using it and hope my skin is just purging??

MemberMember
(@convinceme)

Posted : 02/23/2016 8:49 pm

3 hours ago, FantAsized said:

I have oily sensitive skin and tried moisturising with hemp oil. Its been a week and my face has broken out a lot. I don't know what to do! Should i continue using it and hope my skin is just purging??

For the love of yourself, stop. Just stop. S-T-O-P. Stop. Look up that word in the dictionary if you have to. Stop.

And read my post above yours.

MemberMember
(@fantasized)

Posted : 02/24/2016 2:59 pm

18 hours ago, Convinceme said:
For the love of yourself, stop. Just stop. S-T-O-P. Stop. Look up that word in the dictionary if you have to. Stop.

Thanks for the the response. Have stopped now. I think ill try honey cleansing instead and hope my scars fade 🙂

MemberMember
(@convinceme)

Posted : 02/24/2016 8:09 pm

5 hours ago, FantAsized said:
23 hours ago, Convinceme said:

Thanks for the the response. Have stopped now. I think ill try honey cleansing instead and hope my scars fade :)

No! No! That means no! If your skin is reacting adversely to oil, what makes you think other home remedies like honey is going to do wonders? Please, no, just no more home remedies like lemon juice, castor oil, egg white, fairy dust or cockroach wings! No! I just cannot stress enough that home remedies are for people with (very) mild acne and whatever they put on their skin, it's going to heal anyway. And they will attribute that success to these miracle home remedies. People with moderate and severe acne will then fall into the trap and try them. Sometimes the damage is long-lasting. Please change your lifestyle (diet, lifestyle, etc) and see a dermatologist if necessary.

MemberMember
(@atari640)

Posted : 02/05/2017 5:19 pm

the best oils for this are sunflower oil and argan oil with a comedogenic value of 0 and 1stop putting highly comedogenic oils on your faces please! :( coconut oil has a comedogenic value of 4!! its great for anywhere on your body but if you have acne prone skin its just a disaster,i urge the people who posted this thread or the admins many years ago to update it and give the correct values and danger hazards of each oil,misinformation can reallyhurt alot of ppl who come here for help

MemberMember
(@waterfountain)

Posted : 03/13/2017 11:09 am

OCM is the best way to remove makeup after a long day. It's perfect.

MemberMember
(@lindsaymorg)

Posted : 05/31/2017 2:45 pm

I have dry sensitive skin with quite a bit of breakouts mostly on my forehead. There are so many oil options! I'm not sure what would be best for me and my skin type. I'm overwhelmed. Can someone help?

MemberMember
(@melysa)

Posted : 06/20/2017 1:39 pm

I've been trying out this method for about a week now, it takes a bit of getting used too but it really does feel great and i don't see as many breakouts! I did however randomly notice a few cystic acne spots but not major ones, i'm not sure if its from the oil because I've been trying out different supplements and stuff for acne. my skin really does feel amazing aside from that, not overly oily and i don't feel like i need to wash my face half way through the day like i used too! Also, my acne spots have healed very quickly, it's almost like the oil somehow dries them out..
I've been using about 30% castor oil and 70% organic cold pressed extra virgin olive oil and then after i'm done steaming my face if i feel the need i add a bit of rosehip oil
I'm really hoping that this works because it's much cheaper then all the high end products and its so much more simple!