Notifications
Clear all

Cetaphil moisturizing cream or Dan's CSRG staining shirt collars?

MemberMember
(@hopealight)

Posted : 02/19/2007 12:41 pm

Is Cetaphil staining my shirts or is it the benzoyl peroxide (Dan's CSRG)? I'm very careful not to get any benzyol around my neck having read stain warning but the Cetaphil I have to use there as my skin gets dry from shaving, what's going on?

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@lets_dance)

Posted : 02/19/2007 12:43 pm

Is Cetaphil staining my shirts or is it the benzoyl peroxide (Dan's CSRG)? I'm very careful not to get any benzyol around my neck having read stain warning but the Cetaphil I have to use there as my skin gets dry from shaving, what's going on?

Thanks.

It's definitely the BP.

BP is known to bleach things.

MemberMember
(@siouxsie)

Posted : 02/19/2007 2:05 pm

BP has lightened my eyebrows a bit (which doesnt bother me cuz I used to lighten them anyway :D), and even though I dont apply BP over them, my hairdresser says it's cuz your body heat spreads what you put on your skin so that skin you dont even apply it to ends up absorbing it also (something like that). That explains why people's lips & eye areas get dry with BP even if they are careful to avoid them. That could also explain why your shirt collars are being bleached even though you dont apply BP there.

How long do you give BP to dry before dressing? Try applying BP first thing in the morning & wait until the last minute to put your shirt on.

MemberMember
(@mattimeo_boyd)

Posted : 03/23/2013 9:28 pm

I believe it's the lotion. I've been using the acne.org regimen for 8 months and have bleached several shirts via BP. I'm extremely careful about applying BP around my neck, but I do lotion to address the dryness. I notice that the lotion will stain my whites and any light blue cotton shirts I own, especially when I sweat. My 100% polyester shirts, however, won't stain or bleach.