Notifications
Clear all

My regimen, I'm clear and I want to help you get clear.

MemberMember
(@luppe)

Posted : 03/14/2007 7:29 pm

Okay first, I'm not going to write 20 pages worth of stuff you probably know. Or throw in some random cheesy movie quotes throughout this post. What I am going to do is tell you how to get CLEAR SKIN. Cause thats what we all want here... (hopefully)

I'm 19 and I've been suffering from acne since middleschool and it has effected me greatly. I've tried every single trend on these boards.. some work for a while and some made me want to scream. I'm clear now and before I go drifting off into the sun, I will tell you how I got this way. And if you follow my regimen and do what I say, you will be noticing better looking skin in less than 3 days. I written this up to be less confusing in every possible way and will include pictures and links of the stuff I use so you will know what to get and not waste money on stuff that you don't need to.

Exercise: Yes you need to exercise. 30 mins of cardio everyday is what you need. There's no excuse not to. Go to your favorite park and jog around OR you could finally use that very expensive workout machine that you bought off the home shopping network. Whatever you do, make sure your heart is beating fast. Exercise at least 5x a week, the more you do it, the better you will look and feel. Every other day is the bare minimum.

Diet: Now this is tricky, What breaks me out doesn't necessary mean it can break you out. Coffee + Milk and high carb foods tend to break me out. Stay away for coffee for a week or two and see if your skin gets better. For high carb foods, you can still eat it, but don't make this a every meal/day thing.

Supplements / Skin Care:

Watch Dan on how to properly wash your face and apply BP Follow Dan's Regimen and if have you have really horrible acne right now. I highly suggest you switch the BP to:

348hh1v.jpg

Apply Dan's regimen Once in the morning and Once at night. You can find Zapzyt in Walgreens, CVS, Walmart etc.

Shower Cleanser I like Applying a Strong Cleanser while I am in the shower. St. Ives has a wonderful lineup of cleansers that I really like. I use: Apricot Radiance Deep Cleaning Cream Cleanser. Oil Free. and on the bottom it says Combination.

Stuff you should be taking:

1. MultiVitamin - Centrum Performance
  2. Fish Oil - I'm using a prescription called Omacor, it's for other health purposes. This is where you gotta do some research on your own. But I like and heard good things about GNC's Fish Body Oils 1000.
  3. Optional - Vitamin E and a B complex pill. These are optional, its not a must but it won't hurt otherwise. I have these pills lying around and I take them every now and then.

Aloe Vera Juice: This is a must. Absolutely a must. Head over to your local health food organic market and pick up a bottle. This is the one I use:

2sai4nc.jpg

Its called Lily of the desert Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Juice, make sure it says Certified Organic and No Preservatives on top, I got it a local market called: Whole Foods Market. Make sure to take 1-2 tablespoon of this stuff with a cup of water 2x a day. This is Absolutely Necessary. It's a bit pricey though. I don't remember the exact price buts in the $10~ area.

Stuff you should do and Stuff you shouldn't do

1. Do keep a positive attitude
  2. Do exercise, 30 mins everyday. Don't be lazy
  3. Do get a good night sleep, it's a must
  4. Do change your pillow case often
  5. Do drink lots of water
  6. Don't drink Coffee or Milk
  7. Don't touch your face with your hands, we get sick because of dirty hands, now what do you think happens when we touch our face with these hands?
  8. Don't eat crap food
  9. Keep stress to a minimum
  10. Sacrifice (1) virgin every hallows eve.

That's it. That's all you need to do. You don't need to do some crazy voodoo shit and sacrifice a goat every full moon. I believe one the main causes of acne is that we don't take care of our bodies properly.. health wise. I feel great, my skin is great, my body feels great, my mood shot up. And this could happen to you. Exercise & drink water, and smile sometime I even stop using dan's regimen more than a month ago. Because I no longer feel the need to. These whole 3+ months, my skin has been getting better and better. The worse thing that ever happen was a getting a zit on my lower right cheek. Instead of going back on the dan's regimen and applying BP to it, I decided to have a little test. If it will go away on its own or not. And by next week, it was completely gone.

MemberMember
(@acne-since-2006)

Posted : 03/15/2007 12:57 am

tell me more about this aloe vera juice, please? ive never heard of such a thing... and i dono. it doesnt sound too convincing to me but since ure saying this is a MUST... i really would like to know WHY and HOW it helps to get rid of acne?? btw, i got these fish oil from Whole Foods.. arent they all the same??

ps. ive been doing what you just listed for about 2wks now.. ive been doin this before u posted actually... i exercise 6 times a week, drink lots of water everyday, try to be positive and not stress too much.. i dont use the same stuffs as u do though.. i started doing the zum soap + complex 15 regimen for 5days ago cus im trying not to put any harsh chemicals like BP on my face... and my skin still looks bad... how long did it take for ur skin to get better? there wasnt a purging period at all? and how bad was ur acne before? and ur skin type?

MemberMember
(@luppe)

Posted : 03/15/2007 5:46 am

tell me more about this aloe vera juice, please? ive never heard of such a thing... and i dono. it doesnt sound too convincing to me but since ure saying this is a MUST... i really would like to know WHY and HOW it helps to get rid of acne?? btw, i got these fish oil from Whole Foods.. arent they all the same??

ps. ive been doing what you just listed for about 2wks now.. ive been doin this before u posted actually... i exercise 6 times a week, drink lots of water everyday, try to be positive and not stress too much.. i dont use the same stuffs as u do though.. i started doing the zum soap + complex 15 regimen for 5days ago cus im trying not to put any harsh chemicals like BP on my face... and my skin still looks bad... how long did it take for ur skin to get better? there wasnt a purging period at all? and how bad was ur acne before? and ur skin type?

Aloe Vera is known to reduce inflammation. You can use it as a cream or a add it into a drink. You can search more about it on these forums.

My regimen is not that different that Dan's regiment expect I'm taking additional supplements. I had light / moderate acne, and it took a day to notice a difference and about a month to notice a huge improvement.

MemberMember
(@lionqueen)

Posted : 03/15/2007 9:44 am

I like your holistic approach ...... but if people try to replicate Dan's regimen using 10% BP, I don't think the results are going to be very pretty for most.

MemberMember
(@kalia)

Posted : 03/15/2007 2:17 pm

Sacrifice (1) virgin every hallows eve.

Yes sir, does it matter if the virgin is a male or female? Also how do we go about this without being put in jail?

MemberMember
(@eric-duane-johnson)

Posted : 06/13/2013 12:07 pm

Tell me more about your morning wood. Oh, wait, sorry I thought this was a different website ;)

MemberMember
(@onestepcloser)

Posted : 08/16/2013 11:37 pm

Aloe Vera juice cleared me up! Unfortunately it didn't last long. Definitely will try again though