problems with dryne...

Notifications
Clear all

problems with dryness or flaking?

MemberMember
(@rachel07)

Posted : 07/21/2009 8:15 pm

THanks for the advice! where can you get this oil?

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 07/21/2009 8:18 pm

THanks for the advice! where can you get this oil?

You can order it from danielkern.com or check your local heath store.

MemberMember
(@rawrdinosaur)

Posted : 07/24/2009 8:07 am

Is it ok to incorporate the jojoba oil before and after cleansing even when you are new to the regimen? or should you wait a little while before you add any new steps?

MemberMember
(@cool-as-kim-deal)

Posted : 07/25/2009 12:34 pm

Is it ok to incorporate the jojoba oil before and after cleansing even when you are new to the regimen? or should you wait a little while before you add any new steps?

I think it would be okay to do it early on in to the regimen if you find that you really need the extra moisturizing.

MemberMember
(@sephardirabbis)

Posted : 07/30/2009 12:04 am

hey so i have been struggling with flaky skin for 4 years now, i just turned 19. So basically this is what i plan to do; rub jojoba oily on my face before i take a shower, wash it off in the shower, use clean and clear foaming scrub, use nutrogena acne stress control ( only on places i have acne), then when i get out of the shower i will mix jojoba oil with my moisturizer and out it on. Does this sound like it could work? any suggestions?

thanks

MemberMember
(@alex031)

Posted : 07/31/2009 8:06 am

I've been using the products for almost a week and my skin keeps getting drier and scaley and now it's starting to flake in parts. So now I have reallly dry skin that feels like it will begin flaking all over any minute, despite the huge amount of mousturizer I put on.

This sounds great for exfoliation (and I'll definitely try it in a couple hours), but is there anything you guys know about to really help the dryness factor?

I want to be able to get back to the regimen as soon as I can!

MemberMember
(@cool-as-kim-deal)

Posted : 08/01/2009 10:45 am

I've been using the products for almost a week and my skin keeps getting drier and scaley and now it's starting to flake in parts. So now I have reallly dry skin that feels like it will begin flaking all over any minute, despite the huge amount of mousturizer I put on.

This sounds great for exfoliation (and I'll definitely try it in a couple hours), but is there anything you guys know about to really help the dryness factor?

I want to be able to get back to the regimen as soon as I can!

It sounds to me that the #1 thing you should do now is use less BP than you were before, and be more gradual in increasing the amount.

Doing this jojoba oil massage and leaving some jojoba oil on your skin before you apply BP will also help. I love applying BP on top of jojoba oil because my face doesn't feel nearly as tight or likely to flake when the BP dries.

MemberMember
(@acne-treatment-2)

Posted : 08/02/2009 1:18 pm

I just did this Friday... Can I do this everyday? Or do it ever other day... Mon,Weds,Friday,Sunday? Thank You! :)

I wouldn't overdo it if I were you. I would try to limit it to twice a week or something like that.

MemberMember
(@stratosfear)

Posted : 08/03/2009 10:47 pm

hey there, just wishing you good luck with your acne

MemberMember
(@pacco)

Posted : 08/08/2009 2:45 am

Sounds like a really good idea for me to try since my skin gets really flaky. Unfortunatly I don't have and Jojoba oil. ;[

I gatta get me some.

MemberMember
(@danlagioi)

Posted : 08/12/2009 11:25 pm

try shiseido skincare, and the benefiance line, amazing sutff

MemberMember
(@radbob)

Posted : 08/19/2009 8:50 pm

is it ok to do this jobaba method once a day?

MemberMember
(@cool-as-kim-deal)

Posted : 08/20/2009 8:56 pm

is it ok to do this jobaba method once a day?

For the short-term, I think that would be fine if you have severe dryness. You'll probably find that you don't need to do it as often after a while, though, and I'd recommend cutting back when you can to minimize any irritation from this process.

MemberMember
(@sayo)

Posted : 08/23/2009 11:32 am

Oh hi! I just started the regimen and my skin got extremely dry and flaky.I use a moisturizing cream though, that really helps. Now the problem is.. I'm so scared that because of all this dryness I'll have a monstruos break out somewhere in the future. I've read that products which make skin dry will affect your acne in the worst way err..will this happen?

..excuse my grammar mistakes, english is my second language

MemberMember
(@eternallyhis)

Posted : 08/24/2009 10:31 pm

Okay, I just rubbed 12 drops of Jojoba into my skin for about 3-4 minutes. I got quite a bit of grittiness, and I my face feels good so far, so after about 10 minutes I'll wash it off and give an update

Well, I have just applied my BP. For about 2 minutes after I washed off the Jojoba oil, my skin felt nice and loose, but then it gradually got tighter and a bit flaky. After applying my BP though, it feels better than normal, and I do think that the Jojoba massage made a good exfoliator. I'll use this again in a few days, and hopefully have even better results. Thanks for the tip, I recommend it :)

MemberMember
(@skerboi2007)

Posted : 08/29/2009 7:04 am

I really think CAKD's technique is extremely beneficial for regimen users because BP does cause flakiness at some point or another.

I tried out this technique like 3-4 times so far, and my face looks so much better now.

Skin tone seems much even,my face is way smoother to touch and I have a certain glow to my face now.. :D

MemberMember
(@termolyt)

Posted : 09/14/2009 5:32 pm

What do I do with these flakes? I'm using a moisturizer but still get flakes. Mainly around my chin and mouth. Would it be stupid to just scrub/pull/peel(lol) them away?

MemberMember
(@tarabear)

Posted : 09/25/2009 6:38 am

What do I do with these flakes? I'm using a moisturizer but still get flakes. Mainly around my chin and mouth. Would it be stupid to just scrub/pull/peel(lol) them away?

I have the same problem... lower jaw/cheek area and to the right and left of my mouth. It's very frustrating.

MemberMember
(@tarabear)

Posted : 10/08/2009 8:21 pm

So I just tried this for the first time... I'm on week 6 of the regimen and cannot figure out how to combat the flakes... sometimes they feel worse than the acne.

It seems like it got a lot of flakes off and my skin doesn't feel tight at all... it did uncover a couple pimples that were under flake pieces. Also, I have a strong feeling I will be getting a few zits this next week coming up due to maybe rubbing a little too much and/or too hard.

I'm not going to do this method every day, but I do think I may try it again after a full day goes by to see if its helping eventually... I think the key is the jojoba all over your face for at least 10 minutes.

MemberMember
(@tarabear)

Posted : 10/09/2009 6:40 am

So I just tried this for the first time... I'm on week 6 of the regimen and cannot figure out how to combat the flakes... sometimes they feel worse than the acne.

It seems like it got a lot of flakes off and my skin doesn't feel tight at all... it did uncover a couple pimples that were under flake pieces. Also, I have a strong feeling I will be getting a few zits this next week coming up due to maybe rubbing a little too much and/or too hard.

I'm not going to do this method every day, but I do think I may try it again after a full day goes by to see if its helping eventually... I think the key is the jojoba all over your face for at least 10 minutes.

This morning... the day after doing this jojoba exfoliation thing...

my skin actually looks more toned and less flakey! i'm not going to do it tonight, but I'll do it again tomorrow night, I'll be softer and gentler and I think I'll leave the jojoba on for like 20 minutes! It seems like a good moisturizer to do before the regimen. It's still early but I'll document again after the 2nd time I try.

MemberMember
(@lax4life13)

Posted : 10/12/2009 5:20 pm

I AM RIDICULOUSLY DRY AND FLAKY RIGHT NOW. I'VE BEEN ON THE REGIMEN FOR JUST OVER 2 MONTHS AND MY ACNE HAS ALL BUT DISAPPEARED AND THE RED MARKS HAVE FADED. HOORAH. I AM VERY WORRIED THOUGH BECAUSE THIS CRAZY AMOUNT OF FLAKINESS HAS ONLY OCCURRED IN THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS. I LOOK BLOODY AWFUL AND I HAVE NO JOJOBA OIL AT MY DISPOSAL! IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN RECOMMEND IN THE MEANTIME? I WILL ORDER SOME, BUT AT THE MOMENT SHOULD I JUST LATHER ON MOISTURISER? I THINK I NEED TO CEASE THE BP FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS TOO.

PLEASE HELP, I'M PRETTY WORRIED.

MemberMember
(@tarabear)

Posted : 10/14/2009 6:35 am

I AM RIDICULOUSLY DRY AND FLAKY RIGHT NOW. I'VE BEEN ON THE REGIMEN FOR JUST OVER 2 MONTHS AND MY ACNE HAS ALL BUT DISAPPEARED AND THE RED MARKS HAVE FADED. HOORAH. I AM VERY WORRIED THOUGH BECAUSE THIS CRAZY AMOUNT OF FLAKINESS HAS ONLY OCCURRED IN THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS. I LOOK BLOODY AWFUL AND I HAVE NO JOJOBA OIL AT MY DISPOSAL! IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN RECOMMEND IN THE MEANTIME? I WILL ORDER SOME, BUT AT THE MOMENT SHOULD I JUST LATHER ON MOISTURISER? I THINK I NEED TO CEASE THE BP FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS TOO.

PLEASE HELP, I'M PRETTY WORRIED.

I ordered my desert essence jojoba on vitacost.com and it was like $6 and came in 2-3 days. I would order that! In the meantime, you can cut back on the BP and see if that helps. It's a tricky area. I'm flaky too even with jojoba and I'm on week 7. To me added more and more moisturizer just looks cakey. If you do cut back on BP or miss and application, be prepared for a few pimples... There really isnt much else you can do, this is a big problem with the regimen.

MemberMember
(@marine)

Posted : 10/15/2009 10:56 am

Hi you should try the HYALURONIC ACID SERUM from ANAISskincare. It is 99% pure, clear, fragrance free. It will not clog up your pore like a cream or lotion but it will keep your skin from dryness.

MemberMember
(@xjumper1115)

Posted : 10/19/2009 8:01 pm

So, I just tried this jojoba oil this morning. Put it on, rubbed it around a bit, then washed it off in the shower and proceeded to wash my face with my normal cleanser. My face felt pretty smooth (with the exception of the active spots on my face) so I thought it worked ok.

Later in the day however, I noticed my face was extremely oily...much more so than usual (I do have oily skin). I blotted my face off, but then about an hour later it was very oily again. What's the deal? I thought this jojoba oil was supposed to decrease oil production? Help!

MemberMember
(@marine)

Posted : 10/20/2009 1:34 pm

Hi Kim;

I stop using Jojoba oil because it is to greasy and make my skin even more prone to more acne, since I started my new treatment for my acne and my scars I only use the ANAIS HYLURONIC ACID SERUM to keep my skin from dryness, and it is the best think I ever use!!!