The right state of ...

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] The right state of mind to have Dan Kern's Regimen work for you

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/08/2013 4:15 am

Hi everyone. I've been suffering from moderate acne for about a year and a half now and it's honestly been the worst time of my life. Before this all started I had PERFECT skin. I recall waking up in the morning and completely taking my skin for granted because I just never ever got pimples or zits. And I didn't understand what it was like for people with constant breakouts. Then around the time when my parents got divorced I started getting a lot of pimples on my forehead and I panicked of course and I think what initially made my skin worse was my attempts to make it better. I started buying harsh scrubs with salicylic acid and using spot treatments and in the end it just irritated my skin and led to what it looks like today. I have been doing a lot of research on acne lately because I want my skin to clear up so badly (I have tons of pimples and it seems like every pore on my face is clogged and is either milia or whiteheads which eventually turn into pimples) and I eventually stumbled upon acne.org and The Regimen. I looked into it and now I honestly feel like I'm obsessed with this site. All of the information seems completely legitimate and all of the reviews I have read are positive. I want to give The Regimen a try, and I will follow this advice about keeping the right mindset because I believe that's just as important as using the right products. I am worried about one thing though. I have very dry skin, always have and always will. Like I've never encountered anyone who has had as dry of skin as me. I have used heavy amounts of moisturizer on my skin since elementary school to battle redness and irritation, so I'm worried that The Regimen will be too much for my skin. Is going slow ,enough to avoid too much irritation? I feel like this is finally the answer to solving my acne and all I need to do is buy the medication and start! I would love to have clear skin for my trip to Russia! (But I'm not expecting anything) I am just cautious about having my skin completely burned off....

I've noticed that whether you have dry or oily skin, irritation will come along with using benzoyl peroxide for the first time. It will take time for your skin to get used to the medication so yes, starting slow will be better. I know this because I thought I could handle the full amount of BP right away and boy was I wrong.

As for your skin being really dry, just moisturize more throughout the day. The regimen doesn't state that you can only moisturize twice a day. If your skin if feeling dry and tight and flakey and apply more.

MemberMember
(@nicoleeung)

Posted : 03/08/2013 2:38 pm

Do you think I could get clear skin by only ever applying a small amount of Benzoyl Peroxide? Since the point of it is to dry up the acne and oils on your skin...and I already don't have much oil on my skin...do you think I just need to use less than the full amount Dan says to use? I've been using not even a half a finger's length of 2.5% BP at night and only on problem areas. Is that enough?

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/08/2013 7:04 am

Totally, totally agree with this post. Everyone starting the regimen needs to read through this because the cold hard truth of the matter is that getting clear is never easy and you will certainly have ups and downs, your skin will have random breakouts that can be extremely upsetting and disheartening, BUT you do eventually get clear if you follow the steps. I was clear in a matter of months, which was well worth the wait as I could have just carried on messing around with other products and just made my skin worse.

XXYY liked
MemberMember
(@sitiuna)

Posted : 11/10/2013 6:40 am

Thank you for this post! I will start the regimen in a few days and I hope it will help...:/

MemberMember
(@y0y0ma)

Posted : 11/22/2013 8:49 pm

Loved this topic! I didn't know that bp deactivated retin-a, I needed to know that because that's what I'm using for red marks. I didn't know you were supposed to use aha once or twice a day for red marks, I thought he said mix it in every 2-3 days, thats a big difference! I think if you used it twice a day all that exfoliation would be irritating

MemberMember
(@kokayne)

Posted : 11/24/2013 12:02 am

Thanks for this post.

I just ordered the regimen products from this site except for the cleanser, for which I use cetaphil. I'm hoping this works.

MemberMember
(@lovablemaria)

Posted : 12/09/2013 5:41 am

Earlier i don't use to follow a regular skin care regime and my skin looked really awful! But now i have made a skin care routine. One for morning and one before bed. It seems to work for me.

MemberMember
(@lala86)

Posted : 01/03/2014 8:27 am

Hi! I'm on my 3rd Week (3rd day) with The Regimen although I'm only using store-bought products because I live in the Philippines.

Here are the products that I use:

1. CELETEQUE DermoScience„ Hydration Facial Wash (Non-comedogneic, hypo-allergenic) http://celetequedermoscience.com/hydration-facial-wash.html

2. BENZAC Ac Gel 5% ( http://www.benzac.com.au/products/benzac-gel ) - as much as I would like to use 2.5%, unfortunately, it's not available here yet. I can only get a hold of a 2.5% Benzac BP on February.

3. CELETEQUE DermoScience„ Hydration Facial Moisturizer - http://celetequedermoscience.com/hydration-facial-moisturizer.html

After applying some BP (based on the dosage chart that dan recommended), I feel a few sting in my face, but after 15mins and the application of the moisturizer, it stings more and feels like its burning.

I also feel that my eyes is more sensitive now - although I follow the rules not to put some BP around the Eye area.

I'm not sure, is it normal? Should I reduce the dosage of my BP because its 5%?

Thank you! :)

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 01/08/2014 5:14 am

Hi! I'm on my 3rd Week (3rd day) with The Regimen although I'm only using store-bought products because I live in the Philippines.

1. CELETEQUE DermoScience„ Hydration Facial Wash (Non-comedogneic, hypo-allergenic) http://celetequedermoscience.com/hydration-facial-wash.html

2. BENZAC Ac Gel 5% ( http://www.benzac.com.au/products/benzac-gel ) - as much as I would like to use 2.5%, unfortunately, it's not available here yet. I can only get a hold of a 2.5% Benzac BP on February.

3. CELETEQUE DermoScience„ Hydration Facial Moisturizer - http://celetequedermoscience.com/hydration-facial-moisturizer.html

After applying some BP (based on the dosage chart that dan recommended), I feel a few sting in my face, but after 15mins and the application of the moisturizer, it stings more and feels like its burning.

I also feel that my eyes is more sensitive now - although I follow the rules not to put some BP around the Eye area.

Thank you! smile.png

I might be because it's 5%, but then again I'm on Dan's 2.5% and my eyes were sensitive for awhile too.

Maybe you need to keep the BP further from your eyes? I keep it almost an inch away from my eyes all around except down the bridge of my nose.

MemberMember
(@claudiazwemmen30)

Posted : 01/21/2014 5:05 pm

Thank you! smile.png

Also in Holland we dont have 2.5% benzoylperoxide. My dermatologist says that I can mix it with a facecream -then you;re making your own 2.5% :)-.

My eyes are also sensitive but that has gone away after a couple of weeks! Goodluck!

MemberMember
(@hannao8)

Posted : 04/20/2014 7:46 am

I want to try the regimen so badly but I read that they don't do shipping to Sweden so I can't get it..... :( Does someone have any other tips to clear up teen acne?

MemberMember
(@sharony16)

Posted : 05/12/2014 9:37 pm

Great advice, I wish I would've read this when I first started the Regimen. It worked wonders for me after 6 months :)

MemberMember
(@jakesimon1234)

Posted : 05/16/2014 1:00 pm

This is a great post! It is true that you have to have the right mindset when starting something such as the regimen. You have to go into it with a positive attitude in order for this to work. I ordered the regimen in a time of desperation as well i wasn't quite depressed but was fed up. You have to not focus on your skin, just follow the regimen carefully and it will work. I am 1 month and a few weeks in and my skin is almost 100% clear!

MemberMember
(@jakesimon1234)

Posted : 05/16/2014 1:01 pm

This is a great post! It is true that you have to have the right mindset when starting something such as the regimen. You have to go into it with a positive attitude in order for this to work. I ordered the regimen in a time of desperation as well i wasn't quite depressed but was fed up. You have to not focus on your skin, just follow the regimen carefully and it will work. I am 1 month and a few weeks in and my skin is almost 100% clear!

MemberMember
(@janineebee)

Posted : 06/21/2014 10:35 am

Yeah this post is really inspires me, I'm experiencing the flaking/dryness factor at the moment after using it for a week. It's just completely drowns my self-esteem especially when wearing makeup my face just ends up looking like alligator skin. Also I'm getting new breakouts everyday which hurt like hell going through with the regimen is NOT an easy task at all

MemberMember
(@lookingforward)

Posted : 06/26/2014 10:26 pm

I'm with you, Janineebee.

This is only week 2 for me using Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser (the acne.org cleanser sounded way too stripping), dkr's BP, and dkr's moisturizer.

I feel like I may have made a huge mistake. I was getting small pustules and lots of whiteheads before. Now I have three large papules/nodules like I have not seen in years.

I don't know if I've wrecked my skin now or if I should stay with it. I don't really buy into the idea of "purging" and I am skeptical that BP would actually pull up things so deep in any pore. It is *not* that strong as a pore clearing agent. It is mainly an antibacterial.

Days like this I want to just give up, eat whatever crap I feel like, and stop washing/treating my face altogether and just say "this is me, world!"

I spend so much time, money, and energy to manage a condition that will only stop after menopause. Is it really even worth it?

MemberMember
(@tingkai37)

Posted : 10/18/2014 10:36 pm

Great post! The regime works great for me, but i replace the benzoyl peroxide treatment with sulfur, because it works better for me and is more gentle.

I always believe that if you want something, you must desire and want it bad enough. If you are serious about acne, then you are more likely to follow through the good habits that keeps acne away. Anyway, all the best to everyone :)

Cheeers

MemberMember
(@dominicia)

Posted : 06/04/2015 8:10 am

Thanks for informations :)

MemberMember
(@julesburr)

Posted : 05/16/2016 3:32 pm

I started off with the regular amount and my skin is a red flaky f*&^%cked mess. I'm on week 3. should I just power through it or should I reduce the amount?

MemberMember
(@luwela)

Posted : 09/24/2016 3:26 pm

I used to have the worst cystic acne and I went back on forth with Dan's regimen until I really stuck to it for 3 months and saw amazing results. I used to hate my skin, it was all red and horrifying but now I'm 100% clear. I used to use so many scrubs, masks etc but who knew all I needed was a gentle routine  & 2.5% BP. If any of you are on this regimen and are thinking of quitting.. DONT! It takes time but It will work. I wish you all the best on your skin journey :D
If you want to read more, heres my story:
(link removed)

MemberMember
(@harleyz)

Posted : 11/05/2016 8:24 am

I've been on the regimen for a bit more than a month now. My face cleared up very fast but now I'm breaking out on my left cheek again... There's a cluster of acne coming out and I'm freaking out. Has the regimen stopped working for me? What is the cause? I have no idea what's going on since I've been diligently following every step. I hate acne....

MemberMember
(@butterflydivamakeup)

Posted : 11/07/2016 11:24 pm

I would like to start this regimen, but my skin is allergic to benzoyl peroxide. When I have used it in the past, the area i put it on turns red and itchy. My even swollen at one point with proactiv. Are there some other options?

MemberMember
(@marissa22)

Posted : 12/06/2016 6:17 pm

On 1/17/2007 at 1:46 AM, sfgiantsyee said:

i've been on CSR for 5 months no improvement so far iono what im doing wrong i have read all the faqs and guidelines

ive only been on the regimen for 1 week but what I've noticed in the past 6 months is that food plays a huge roll in acne and each person's body is different and it takes time to see what food specifically is causing yours

Eric98 liked
MemberMember
(@prashant121)

Posted : 01/12/2018 12:16 am

I think i agree with absolutely everything in it.

MemberMember
(@terrytormonet)

Posted : 09/04/2018 9:22 am

nice