jojoba oil - initia...

Notifications
Clear all

jojoba oil - initial "purging"??

MemberMember
(@bumpintheroad)

Posted : 09/09/2006 4:28 pm

I know many of you use jojoba oil...this board convinced me to try it! I've been using it for about 2 weeks, and while it does make my skin soft I think it's also causing it to break out. I know it's not supposed to, but I believe it is the source as nothing else in my skin regimen has changed - though I guess it could be a huge coincidence. I've read that it can cause you to breakout initially. Did anyone else experience this and get over it? How long can I expect my skin to be like this? Or should I just assume jojoba isnt for my skin...? Thanks for any input.

MemberMember
(@kei_fujo)

Posted : 09/10/2006 10:04 am

I had that problem. My skin just needed time to adjust, but once it did the jojoba ensured I had no flakes. I don't remember how long it took to adjust, I just know it did. I never broke out horribly though. So it's yr call. If it's minor, I'd keep at it. But if the breakouts are pretty bad I'd think about stopping.

MemberMember
(@kennah)

Posted : 03/05/2019 1:02 am

Did your skin clear on the jojoba oil? I'm a week in and still getting small breakouts I didn't get before. Not sure whether to stop or not?