The right state of ...

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] The right state of mind to have Dan Kern's Regimen work for you

MemberMember
(@jrock480)

Posted : 03/21/2011 5:14 am

The Regimen gave me the worst skin of my life. While it did get rid of acne pretty well, it created a whole new set of skin problems for me. My skin was painfully dry and flakey, even after using it for 9 months. To counter-act the dryness I would slather on moisturizer, which left my face shiny and oily. I looked like somebody had dipped my face in grease.

I do believe that Benzoyl Peroxide is effective at treating acne, but I don't think slathering on that much product twice a day is particularly safe for all skin types. I have very fair, sensitive skin and it never got used to the products. I'm not saying that Dan's Regimen won't work for you, but it certainly didn't work for me.

Please please please go to a dermatologist before starting on The Regimen. Talk to your doctor. Be extremely thorough with what works and doesn't work for your skin type so they can steer you on the right path. Acne is a medical condition and should be treated like one.

Also, I spent a lot more money when I was on Dan's Regimen than I do now, even with prescription costs.

I hate to knock Dan's products since acne.org is an invaluable resource for me and thousands of other people, but I think people should know that there are other options available.

MemberMember
(@reti)

Posted : 04/12/2011 7:40 pm

The strong belief that 2.5% BPO is all you need. "BELIEVE!!!!!!!" slams palm of hand against crying member of the congregations forehead who crashes to the floor in ecstasy.

MemberMember
(@northlincs4kylie)

Posted : 06/02/2011 6:39 am

Hi I'm new on the Regimen, only just been doing it for 5 days so far but I am wondering do you really have to bump up the bp to the two full pumps?? So far I am using about 3/4 of a pump and this seems like a lot! I have quite a small face anyway and I can't imagine using more would make much difference as this already seems like quite a thick layer when I first put it on my face!

Any responses would be great!

MemberMember
(@manticore)

Posted : 06/03/2011 4:51 am

Hi I'm new on the Regimen, only just been doing it for 5 days so far but I am wondering do you really have to bump up the bp to the two full pumps?? So far I am using about 3/4 of a pump and this seems like a lot! I have quite a small face anyway and I can't imagine using more would make much difference as this already seems like quite a thick layer when I first put it on my face!

Any responses would be great!

I have always used 1 pump of the old 16oz style bottle (or occasionally 1 and a bit), or 1 1/2 pumps of the new style bottle to cover the whole of my face & neck. Along with the other changes I made (supplements, no dairy etc.), it worked for me. On the 1 occasion when I did try applying more, it just felt uncomfortable & didn't seem to soak in.

MemberMember
(@northlincs4kylie)

Posted : 06/04/2011 11:58 am

Thank you for getting back to me :) I'm only a week into the regimen so far but after looking at your success I reaaaally hope it works as well for me and as fast! Truth is I'm a bridesmaid for one of my best friends in 9 weeks and I want my face to at least look significantly better by then! My face is worse than yours from the pics and I also have red marks from previous spots which you didn't seem to get any?? sooo lucky!

MemberMember
(@manticore)

Posted : 06/05/2011 3:09 pm

Thank you for getting back to me :) I'm only a week into the regimen so far but after looking at your success I reaaaally hope it works as well for me and as fast! Truth is I'm a bridesmaid for one of my best friends in 9 weeks and I want my face to at least look significantly better by then! My face is worse than yours from the pics and I also have red marks from previous spots which you didn't seem to get any?? sooo lucky!

Yep. I'm lucky in that I didn't get any PIH marks on my face, although I do have PIH marks in certain other places (until recently, I also suffered with body acne). I had no idea how long it was going to take to get clear. After decades of acne, I was surprised it only took 8 weeks.

Good luck with the regimen. Hope you see a significant improvement before the wedding.

MemberMember
(@northlincs4kylie)

Posted : 06/06/2011 5:10 am

Yep. I'm lucky in that I didn't get any PIH marks on my face, although I do have PIH marks in certain other places (until recently, I also suffered with body acne). I had no idea how long it was going to take to get clear. After decades of acne, I was surprised it only took 8 weeks.

Good luck with the regimen. Hope you see a significant improvement before the wedding.

Have you noticed the PIH marks on your body diminishing? and are you using anything for those? & thank you, I'm pretty sure I've had some improvement already :)

MemberMember
(@manticore)

Posted : 06/07/2011 4:20 am

QUOTE (northlincs4kylie @ Jun 6 2011, 11:10 AM)

Have you noticed the PIH marks on your body diminishing? and are you using anything for those? & thank you, I'm pretty sure I've had some improvement already smile.gif

I used Dan's AHA+ on my back & it cleared my active acne. I still apply it 3 times a week to help reduce the PIH. It's hard to say if it is helping with the PIH, as it's a difficult place to see. I take a photo every now & again, but it never looks as bad in the photos as it does when I look at it myself in the mirror.

I have a bottle of 20% AHA which I got off Ebay. It was advertised as being for back acne. I might try that when I have finished Dan's AHA+ to see if it works quicker.

post-144217-0-80402000-1318366629_thumb.

MemberMember
(@as8)

Posted : 09/02/2011 12:09 am

I was using Dan's regiment and it did not help me. I was very patient and did everything that I was supposed to, but it wasn't working. It is not true that BP can cure almost any acne. Dermatologist who actually cured my face (the guy is 82 years old, has experience that very few dermatologists have) told me personally that BP is not for everyone. It depends on your age, skin type etc.

Anyhow, I don't think that having the right state of mind is enough for DKR to work for everyone. I can say that I definitively had the right state of mind, but it didn't help me even after months and months of usage (not to mention that for the whole time, I looked ridiculous with red and flaky skin). DKR is too complicated and annoying regiment, BUT I am really glad if it's helping some people. However, i wouldn't push it.

With the treatment that my dermatologist prescribed, I was acne free in about 2 months and I could notice the difference after 3 weeks already. The only thing that is taking longer to clear are red marks. I was told that they'll go away in 6-8 months.

This was the treatment: had to take antibiotics for 2 months (called amracin), wash my face at least 3 times a day (say bye bye to makeup for a while), put prescribed lotion on my face after each face washing (lotion has lliquefied antibiotic in alcohol; first few weeks it was eritomicin and then clindamycin so that bacteria does not become resistant), and after the last face washing for the day and putting lotion on, I had to put sulphuric mixture as well. I would wash my face with SebaMed soap for acne. No sun tanning.

I am 30 years old and have very oily skin on my face. The reason for acne: completely clogged pores because of the facial creams that I was putting on my oily face. I never used heavy makeup. I learned the hard way that oily skin is the best natural lotion:)

Good Luck everyone on your way to clearing your skin!

MemberMember
(@trevor244)

Posted : 10/18/2011 3:38 pm

What's this Dans regimen? I can't find it on here, also who's Dan? Just wondered

MemberMember
(@kutenaigirl)

Posted : 12/22/2011 8:32 pm

I am currently getting photodynamic therapy for my mild acne. I am wondering if I can start Dan's regime while doing these treatments? Or maybe I should just wait till I am done?? Not sure if anyone knows?

MemberMember
(@wantthisacnegone)

Posted : 02/29/2012 11:39 am

Good post.

I've always known it's very critical to STICK to your regime. Before, as soon as my skin would even get 'semi clear' on other regimes, I'd get over confident and think my problem was finally solved...NOT. lol. You just have to keep at it. I'm starting this regime tomorrow and I hope it works, truly.

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 03/23/2012 3:52 pm

wow, thanks. This really helps. I just ordered the regimen with AHA, but now that I've read this, I think I am now going to wait a few weeks before using the AHA. I believe in this Regimen, but like you said, I won't hold my expectations too high.

MemberMember
(@zahid)

Posted : 03/27/2012 5:30 am

I just wanted to give my two cents.

I have been seeing a lot of members using too many products. That is the first step to failure.Too many products on your face makes things worse. You should keep things simple - An exfoliating facewash , a BP cream and a moisturiser! Yes, just 3 things. You should only have 3 things at any one time.

Of course, if you decide to change to another facewash fro example, you stop using your previous one.

I also see a lot of members going for the posh and uber brands like OLAY, LOREAL. No need to go for those brands. Neutrogena or Clean & Clear work just fine.

If you have acne, follow Dan's videos. He clearly shows you how to use your 3 items.

Bottom line, keep things simple and follow the instructions and don't experminent too much1

MemberMember
(@adiga)

Posted : 04/21/2012 10:59 am

Thank you C.A.K.D for the post. You actually took the time and effort to write all that so us beginners can benefit from it! I started using the regimen almost a week ago and I am so happy with the results ! I am so grateful and thankful to God that made me find this website everyone here is simply selfless and are willing to help anyone! :)

MemberMember
(@jumpingjack27)

Posted : 05/02/2012 10:32 am

Thanks SO much for this post, this is exactly what I needed to read. Its very realistic and it really teaches the power of patience

. Need help with acne? Visit this site to help with Acne Prevention----> http://acnecuretoolbar.ourtoolbar.com/

MemberMember
(@fihe)

Posted : 07/20/2012 2:31 am

thank you for the thread! I'm just wondering if it's ok if I switched my BP treatment from Neutrogena On the Spot to a generic of Proactiv repairing lotion (from Walmart). the Neutrogena was drying out my skin and making it extremely irritated and red. the Proactiv knockoff gives just a tiny bit of stinging but it fades within 10-15 minutes, and is much gentler. I hope it's still effective as a BP treatment! I still follow with my usual moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@bebold)

Posted : 07/20/2012 10:49 pm

Makeup Artist here with severe Acne Cosmetica. I'm a product junkie and makeup junkie. It's going to be hard to stick to one regimen! But I'm going to do it!!

MemberMember
(@theclassyanarchist)

Posted : 12/01/2012 12:28 am

I agree with this post! Of course BP will not work for everyone; I think that is a given when it comes to skin care. For those that it can work for (and that is a good majority), it requires a realistic expectation, consistency in usage, and a positive attitude. You probably won't see results right away, and things might get worse at first. I'm almost on my third week of the Regimen, but I've been using BP for about 8 weeks. The BP definitely helped lessen the frequency of my acne, but it took 8 weeks to not get 1-3 new zits every week. Since beginning use of The Regimen, I've had no new acne, but things haven't been perfect (excessive drying, etc). I am keeping myself focused on the reason/goal why I'm using these products and following the regimen in the first place, and this helps me feel less frustrated with my skin being any fabulous than I want it to be.

MemberMember
(@suko)

Posted : 01/17/2013 8:40 am

What's this Dans regimen? I can't find it on here, also who's Dan? Just wondered

I would like to know this as well, I haven't found much info on him. I hope it's not just some broscience, but a legit regimen.

MemberMember
(@jude937)

Posted : 02/03/2013 1:21 pm

I have just started the regimen and have been on it for about a week, I am 19 and can relate a lot to your story. Thank you so much for posting this because the first couple of days on the regimen my skin really began to clear up ad i was ecstatic until recently when it began to peel and i began breaking out again. I began to get worried that this product like many others wouldn't work for my skin but you post reassures me that i should stick to it and give it a chance. You are right about not having high expectations and after having my skin clear up so fast after the first couple of days i did hold it to a higher standard and reading this has brought me back down to earth. I have to except the skin that i have and learn how to handle it better instead to thinking that the problem will just go away. Most of the reviews that i saw showed people with completely clear skin and none of them talked about breaking out after starting the product so thats why i was unsure of it when i began to break out again but this post really does help and i think more people that do reviews on the product should mention this.

MemberMember
(@birdboy)

Posted : 02/12/2013 7:02 pm

Fantastic post and wonderful information. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/06/2013 8:07 pm

I've been on the regimen for almost two months now and my skin is practically clear. Best regimen I've ever been on.

I've had acne since I was 13 and it got its worst when I was around 18 and my whole face was practically riddles with cysts. I've heard of Dan's regimen before, but thought I would need to get his products to do it. It wasn't feasible at that time being a collage student and living in the Philippines where shipping costs an arm and a leg. I came back a few months ago ang discovered that it could be done with store bought products. Around the last week of January 2013 I started the regimen, I had a rough start with having all the dryness and flaking and burning that I was soooooo close to quitting. I just had to mentally tell myself that I spent money on products and took the time to do the routine so I might as well keep going. It was the best decision I have ever made. From the girl who has tried the diet changes, the medication, all the face products and getting only temporary relief, I can definitely say that Dan's regimen works like he says it does. I'm 7 weeks into the regimen and my skin looks and feels the best it ever has.

I hope you guys give it a try and that it works for you too. Good luck!

Ricky04 liked
MemberMember
(@ixiahann)

Posted : 03/07/2013 6:43 am

Thank you! This really helps me. God bless you! You made my day lighter because of stress and stuffs thinking about my acne. :)

MemberMember
(@nicoleeung)

Posted : 03/07/2013 12:29 pm

Hi everyone. I've been suffering from moderate acne for about a year and a half now and it's honestly been the worst time of my life. Before this all started I had PERFECT skin. I recall waking up in the morning and completely taking my skin for granted because I just never ever got pimples or zits. And I didn't understand what it was like for people with constant breakouts. Then around the time when my parents got divorced I started getting a lot of pimples on my forehead and I panicked of course and I think what initially made my skin worse was my attempts to make it better. I started buying harsh scrubs with salicylic acid and using spot treatments and in the end it just irritated my skin and led to what it looks like today. I have been doing a lot of research on acne lately because I want my skin to clear up so badly (I have tons of pimples and it seems like every pore on my face is clogged and is either milia or whiteheads which eventually turn into pimples) and I eventually stumbled upon acne.org and The Regimen. I looked into it and now I honestly feel like I'm obsessed with this site. All of the information seems completely legitimate and all of the reviews I have read are positive. I want to give The Regimen a try, and I will follow this advice about keeping the right mindset because I believe that's just as important as using the right products. I am worried about one thing though. I have very dry skin, always have and always will. Like I've never encountered anyone who has had as dry of skin as me. I have used heavy amounts of moisturizer on my skin since elementary school to battle redness and irritation, so I'm worried that The Regimen will be too much for my skin. Is going slow ,enough to avoid too much irritation? I feel like this is finally the answer to solving my acne and all I need to do is buy the medication and start! I would love to have clear skin for my trip to Russia! (But I'm not expecting anything) I am just cautious about having my skin completely burned off....