Notifications
Clear all

i've gotten clear from coconut oil

MemberMember
(@gurra)

Posted : 08/23/2005 11:11 am

What about coconut flakes? They are really good. Eat them insteed.

Will the coconut oil clog your pores? Anyone tried?

MemberMember
(@blashy)

Posted : 08/23/2005 12:10 pm

MemberMember
(@jeuxles)

Posted : 08/23/2005 2:35 pm

MemberMember
(@blashy)

Posted : 08/23/2005 2:59 pm

coconut flakes have been bleached and torched. i think you will find that most people stressing the health benefits of coconut oil will say its very important to find a high quality unprocessed raw extra virgin coconut oil.

nutiva and wilderness family i know are both unfermented and minimally processed. i believe tropical traditions is fermented so it reaches a higher heat. with all oils, the less heat exposure the better.

MemberMember
(@trouble)

Posted : 08/23/2005 3:05 pm

nutiva and wilderness family i know are both unfermented and minimally processed.

MemberMember
(@beaker)

Posted : 08/23/2005 5:03 pm

I wouldn't use coconut oil topically as it's highly comedgenic, however it's in lots of products that acne suffers have good results with so who knows.

Coconut flakes normally contain more sugar than they do coconut, if it doubt look at ingredients, coconut flakes that are unsugared taste horrible, well taste of nothing.

MemberMember
(@kaleidoscope)

Posted : 08/23/2005 5:33 pm

I wouldn't use coconut oil topically as it's highly comedgenic

MemberMember
(@trinity45)

Posted : 08/23/2005 6:25 pm

After reading all this hype about coconut oil, I think I'm going to give it a try. I will try taking 2 tbs a day. It is too expensive to use for cooking, @ ~$60/lb! I recommend people use emu oil/based moisturizer because it provides essential fatty acids and other nourishments similar to coconut oil.

MemberMember
(@amlie)

Posted : 08/25/2005 1:31 am

I take at least 6 table spoons of coconut oil and have been trying to limit my carbohydrates. I never expted it to be candida. The pimples that I do get now are not cysts, and when i do get a pimple it goes away in one day, the coconut oil that i rub on the spot heals it faster. I have been eating a lot of junk food lately though cuz it has worked for me...and no big cysts at all, just little white dots.

Trust me try this, I would like for someone to try this as well and see what other things they do to improve my regimen too.

I haven't really washed either and i'm still clear. I have jacked off a lot too and still clear. Now I know how to keep my acne under control.

MemberMember
(@blashy)

Posted : 08/25/2005 9:26 am

I take at least 6 table spoons of coconut oil and have been trying to limit my carbohydrates. I never expted it to be candida. The pimples that I do get now are not cysts, and when i do get a pimple it goes away in one day, the coconut oil that i rub on the spot heals it faster.  I have been eating a lot of junk food lately though cuz it has worked for me...and no big cysts at all, just little white dots.

Trust me try this, I would like for someone to try this as well and see what other things they do to improve my regimen too.

I haven't really washed either and i'm still clear. I have jacked off a lot too and still clear. Now I know how to keep my acne under control.

I'm not sure but I have tried rubbing some coconut oil too on my spots but they don't seem to improve. sad.gifconfused.gif How many times do you apply and for how long to see clear results?

MemberMember
(@beaker)

Posted : 08/25/2005 11:33 am

I could be wrong but I have seen many websites giving details of comedgenic / non-comedgenic ingredients and coconut oil is always listed as high or medium.

http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/article6.htm#inglist

MemberMember
(@beaker)

Posted : 08/25/2005 11:34 am

Although coconut oil is said to be good for you I wouldn't go overboard because it is after all a saturated fat.

MemberMember
(@blashy)

Posted : 08/25/2005 11:59 am

Although coconut oil is said to be good for you I wouldn't go overboard because it is after all a saturated fat.

MemberMember
(@gurra)

Posted : 08/26/2005 4:15 am

I use coconut Milk with 20% fat. That is a good choice and easy to use in the cooking. For exampel in an omelet insteed of cream. If you read how it is done I dont see why it would not be a good alternativ to the oil. The coconut has got more than just oil in it. Proteins and carbohydrates to.

http://www.thaifoodandtravel.com/ingredients/cocmilk.html

MemberMember
(@amlie)

Posted : 08/26/2005 4:29 am

Coconut oil is the healthiest oil. IMO

MemberMember
(@beaker)

Posted : 08/26/2005 5:09 am

Fair enough, just 3 tablespoons seemed like more oil than you should even be having in a day, of any kind.

Also coconut oil, well in the UK at least, is really expensive.

Right now I would happily eat anything other than apples, hehe, I woke up this morning looking forward to my breakfast, for a moment forgetting it was yet another day of peeled apples, boo sad.gif

MemberMember
(@sweetjade1980)

Posted : 08/26/2005 7:46 pm

Just thought I'd say that I recieved my Puritan's Pride Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil today and it's great. It's currently room temperature and so it has a slight coconut scent and flavor. The great thing is that the oil isn't a heavy oil, it's light-medium in consistency and doesn't have much flavor at all. So it wasn't hard to get it down. I was actually a bit disappointed at how quick it was, LOL. So far, coconut oil is the best "medicine" I've ever had. 😉

Take care

P.S. Don't know if Puritan's Pride sells to the UK, but currently they are having a 3 for 1 sale so I got 3 - 16oz jars for $16.00!

http://www.puritan.com

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/28/2005 1:36 pm

i would just like to share with everyone my experience with coconut oil:

i had tried ALOT of things on the market, including accutane, tetracycline, years of BP and other products and i can honestly say since using coconut oil i've NEVER felt better.

My acne was very bad a few years ago, cystic and painful, now its just kinda mild but pissing me off as i just want it gone for good, some days i would break out, some days i would improve then, as soon as i notice an improvement, i would break out again. I read about coconut oil on this thread and sounded like it applied to me, i bought some a couple of weeks ago and started taking it regularly, around 4-5 teaspoons a day. I didn't really pay much attention for a week, however recently i noticed a real improvement in my skin, it looks great, and i mean really great, i never thought much of my appearance but i think i look pretty damn good.

aswell as coconut oil, i been drinking water, eating fruit and veg but also treating myself to a food of my choice once a day, a small pizza or bag of crisps, etc, not much, just enough to keep me sane from eating fruit,

I have also broken one of my own acne myths aswell, i've been living round my girlfriends house all week and my skin was great everyday, and i was having sex 3 times a day and i drank a lot of alcohol aswell (8 pints one night)

Acne has also cleared on my back and stomach, aswell as my face; i'm not sure if this is solely down to the coconut oil or the fruit consumption, either way, i'll never change this winning formula!

any questions mail me at

[Removed]

MemberMember
(@trinity45)

Posted : 09/03/2005 7:30 pm

Cool I just received my Nutiva EV Coconut Oil. Now before I try it I have some questions. Will I get an initial breakout or any die off syndrome from taking this? I have some job interviews next week and I don't want to have any flare-ups. Thanks.

MemberMember
(@blashy)

Posted : 09/03/2005 11:00 pm

Cool I just received my Nutiva EV Coconut Oil. Now before I try it I have some questions. Will I get an initial breakout or any die off syndrome from taking this? I have some job interviews next week and I don't want to have any flare-ups. Thanks.

MemberMember
(@chia1)

Posted : 09/04/2005 12:03 am

erm..i have 1 question before i set out to buy coconut oil...will it make me fat? haha...cuz i care alot abt my looks

MemberMember
(@blashy)

Posted : 09/04/2005 12:09 am

erm..i have 1 question before i set out to buy coconut oil...will it make me fat? haha...cuz i care alot abt my looks

MemberMember
(@chia1)

Posted : 09/04/2005 12:33 am

hmm..do i have to rub them on my skin?

and if i do have to...will it be ok to do abit of workout?

cuz if i do workout i will definately sweat...sweat + coconut oil + dust = bad pimples?

MemberMember
(@blashy)

Posted : 09/04/2005 12:41 am

hmm..do i have to rub them on my skin?

and if i do have to...will it be ok to do abit of workout?

cuz if i do workout i will definately sweat...sweat + coconut oil + dust = bad pimples?

MemberMember
(@chia1)

Posted : 09/04/2005 12:47 am

i read the whole thing....but i was juz wondering heh