Notifications
Clear all

i've gotten clear from coconut oil

MemberMember
(@eric_in_va)

Posted : 08/15/2005 11:45 pm

what is the scientific connection between candida and acne?

i understand candida and fatigue issues, but not sure about the acne.

MemberMember
(@jeuxles)

Posted : 08/15/2005 11:58 pm

there are small amounts of polyunsaturated fats in coconut oil. i've had a big jug of nutiva brand for about seven months and i do think it's starting to taste of a bit off and different to me.

TheX, please let us know how your experiments with grain come along!

oats made me feel tired immediately after eating them. i stopped eating all grains completely after reading about them considerably.

MemberMember
(@blashy)

Posted : 08/16/2005 9:27 am

oats made me feel tired immediately after eating them. i stopped eating all grains completely after reading about them considerably.

MemberMember
(@bryan)

Posted : 08/16/2005 11:39 am

there are small amounts of polyunsaturated fats in coconut oil.AA i've had a big jug of nutiva brand for about seven months and i do think it's starting to taste of a bit off and different to me.

MemberMember
(@loro)

Posted : 08/17/2005 12:49 am

So I have used these coconut oil listed in my preference of taste:

1. http://www.coconutoil-online.com - really tastes like coconut.

2. Nutiva- green label.

3. jarrow- green label.

These come around $13 dollars at health food stores. Make sure you buy them organic virgin oil,(the "extra" word in them doesn't realy matter, as long as its virgin). You save a lot of money by buying it online, haven't done any research on any other websites, but coconut oil online is good if you buy bulk.

HOW I USE IT:

I eat about two table spoons per meal, except when I eat protein. So about 2 table spoons every 3 hours, dont go overboard on this, you just have to try how much your body can handle because you can get diarreah or it be bad if you have high blood pressure.

I tried putting it all over my face but it clogged my pores. Now I only used it after a pimple has popped open, it heals really fast!

Now why do I think I have candida? After trying everything, this is the only thing that has keeped my acne in check along with using facedoctor soap ( for hyperkeratization, really exfoliates with out the harsh damage of exfoliaters because its not a exfoliator, it just makes the skin softer so your dead skin cells just fall off)

Why do I have candida? My acne gets really worse after eating sugars, which is what candida lives on. I also get very fatigued. It has helped with this as well. My mouth does have candida issues too and slowly it has been returning to its normal state, but now I can see the blisters at the back of my throat which can arise from candida issues.

currently my diet consists of:

coconut oil

tuna, chicken, vegetables-not starchy, coconut milk, oats, I eat 2 tortillas after I work out to get a high GI food. That is about it. It has only been 2 weeks and I have seen results. It does amaze me but I think my candida was over growing today because of all the bad shit I have been putting in my body plus the alcohol! But now I'm back to eating none of that stuff and it will be under control tomorrow.

I"m currently trying to find to see if rolled oats could be a factor of my acne or not because of the gluten, but I don't know what else to it that is low in GI and glutten free. I can't eat fruit because candida does feed of it because it spoils in intestines if you have constipation issues.

What I also want to experiment is with grapeseed extract and garlic, I have read in this website under reviews of products that some poeple have gotten cured off garlic as well because it also inhibits candida overgrowth. I also need to take good bacteria enzymes and Ill have really really clear skin. ( I have my acne under control but I do get occasional pimples that go way fast if I abuse my routine)

MemberMember
(@thex)

Posted : 08/18/2005 12:19 am

yah i have stoped eating grains too, mostly just vegetables. In the morning do eat chicken with coconut oil. Lately my diet has been all fuked up because of my workplace, its like the chocolate factory, i've eating like 4 or more piceces of cake, chocolate donuts, powereded donuts, granola bars, candy bars. OMFG you name it. ...I've gotten a couple of pimples but i think the coconut oil does keep it lessend and clears them up fast. Yha i do need to get on my diet back again because i MISS giong out and dancing. !

I'm also going to try oregano oil but does it oxidize easly in the body and in general?

MemberMember
(@ambivalent)

Posted : 08/20/2005 8:53 am

Is it okay to keep eating my cocounut oil if it turned solid? I noticed a small crack in the plastic top so it let air in sad.gif It doesn't smell bad, but I just bought it so I'm a little dissapointed. Help!

MemberMember
(@sir-anxiety)

Posted : 08/20/2005 9:35 am

I'm about to go on vacation for 3 days. If I bought some coconut oil and my acne was in fact due to candida... would it be a good idea to buy some and take it with me in case I want to splurge on some chicken or something like that as a back up plan?

I'm going to try this stuff, it's just a matter of when. If the results are almost instantly helpful and the chance sof it causing me to break out are slim to none then I would be willing to try it. (It has a lot of saturated fat looks like..which worries me.. Everything that has saturated fat ive tried so far is bad news)

MemberMember
(@thex)

Posted : 08/20/2005 3:23 pm

Is it okay to keep eating my cocounut oil if it turned solid? I noticed a small crack in the plastic top so it let air in sad.gif It doesn't smell bad, but I just bought it so I'm a little dissapointed. Help!
MemberMember
(@jeuxles)

Posted : 08/20/2005 5:29 pm

I strongly recommend that you add a small amount of the powerful antioxidant BHT to any oil product, the moment you open it. That's what I do with the fish-oil supplement that I use. About 500 mg of BHT added to a 12-ounce bottle is sufficient.

MemberMember
(@kaleidoscope)

Posted : 08/20/2005 7:17 pm

MemberMember
(@free-my-skin)

Posted : 08/20/2005 7:58 pm

I take at least 6 table spoons of coconut oil and have been trying to limit my carbohydrates. I never expted it to be candida. The pimples that I do get now are not cysts, and when i do get a pimple it goes away in one day, the coconut oil that i rub on the spot heals it faster. I have been eating a lot of junk food lately though cuz it has worked for me...and no big cysts at all, just little white dots.

MemberMember
(@blashy)

Posted : 08/20/2005 9:56 pm

NOTE: 2 tablespoons a day should be enough, if not increase 1 at a time.

But usually 2 is enough to get all the benefits.

More is ok, but just in case you want to save $$$ .

MemberMember
(@thex)

Posted : 08/20/2005 10:24 pm

this is what i posted eaerlier...ill repost it again:

The bset way to ingst coconut oil is with out frying. But if you still want to fry chicken you can with coconut oil, it is the best oil to coook. TRust me I have even tried doing experiments on my body. I rank like about 7 table spoons of olive oil before a day and I did notice my skin was really messed up, with big ass cysts! I also posted something on the forum when I was eating olive oil about my bath tub being filled up with a lot of dead cells, this is the so called thing about olive oil being oxdized much faster. My lungs were also suffereing. And the other type of fat, polyunsaturated will make your cysts really big. Try eating pork. I thank OMETLEOLT for coconut oil.

MemberMember
(@dmbsdreamgrl)

Posted : 08/20/2005 10:37 pm

I'm not sure where I heard this but is taking zinc bad for you if you have candida?

MemberMember
(@loser)

Posted : 08/21/2005 3:46 am

What about coconut milk, is that a good option, too?

MemberMember
(@blashy)

Posted : 08/21/2005 7:11 am

What about coconut milk, is that a good option, too?

MemberMember
(@thex)

Posted : 08/21/2005 12:34 pm

blashy? Can you point out references on why coconut milk does not contain the same benefits? I buy a lot of the coconut milk cans and all of them have high amounts of saturated fat, the saturated fat is what makes it have the benefits right?

Well I really won't drink coconut milk anymore because it does have 10 grams of sugar per can, maybe only post-work out.

MemberMember
(@blashy)

Posted : 08/21/2005 1:22 pm

blashy? Can you point out references on why coconut milk does not contain the same benefits? I buy a lot of the coconut milk cans and all of them have high amounts of saturated fat, the saturated fat is what makes it have the benefits right?

Well I really won't drink coconut milk anymore because it does have 10 grams of sugar per can, maybe only post-work out.

MemberMember
(@trinity45)

Posted : 08/21/2005 2:55 pm

How's everyone doing with the coconut oil? Do you guys actually use it to cook food with or just take a few teaspoons of it a day? I've been using extra virgin Olive oil to cook my meals and I'm thinking about switching.

MemberMember
(@outdoorgirl)

Posted : 08/21/2005 3:02 pm

I just bought some virgin coconut oil today and took about 2 tablespoons. I like coconut but this is harder to take. The texture throws me off I think since it is like eating butter. I'm not sure I can get up to 6 tablespoons a day like TheX but I wanted to try this to see if it does anything with my cysts. My stomach feels kinda weird now but I did take the oil with food so hopefully it will be ok. I will see how my body reacts with the 2 tablespoons and also try spot treating with it to see if I notice any changes.

Sorry if this is graffic for someone but that stuff works quick on the digestive system! About an hour after I had it I had some diarrhea. I hope that was worth it and it does something for my acne. No way am I going to do 6 tablespoons ever! I can probably space out 1-2 spoons and that's going to be it for me. I'm glad I did this on the weekend so I didn't have to deal with it at work.

TheX- How soon do you think you started noticing a difference...a week or what?

MemberMember
(@outdoorgirl)

Posted : 08/22/2005 6:51 pm

Still having issues with the coconut oil and I haven't taken any since yesterday. No wonder people use this to diet it with...the food doesn't stay in you long. Not sure if I am going to try any more. I still have to try it as a spot treatment. Is there any other way to take it besides spoonfuls? Can you metl it down and drink it like a shot or something?

MemberMember
(@blashy)

Posted : 08/22/2005 8:56 pm

Still having issues with the coconut oil and I haven't taken any since yesterday. No wonder people use this to diet it with...the food doesn't stay in you long. Not sure if I am going to try any more. I still have to try it as a spot treatment. Is there any other way to take it besides spoonfuls? Can you metl it down and drink it like a shot or something?

MemberMember
(@jeuxles)

Posted : 08/22/2005 9:44 pm

i mix all oils into food after heating and cooling. even coconut oil. why take it off a tablespoon? mix it into your warm vegetables and it will melt perfectly. i think it goes really well with cauliflower personally.

MemberMember
(@beaker)

Posted : 08/23/2005 4:49 am

I have coconut oil and marmite on my rivita in the mornings, have done for months, it's tasty. I love thai and indian food with coconut in the sauces too, yum. It doesn't affect my acne or red marks / scars tho.