Notifications
Clear all

Craziest thing you've ever done for your acne?

MemberMember
(@metallica1)

Posted : 08/05/2007 6:04 am

one time i washed my face with hydrochloric acid and another time i soaked my head in petrol and lit it on fire, it worked! i didnt have acne any more!!

MemberMember
(@glass)

Posted : 08/05/2007 7:10 am

one time i washed my face with hydrochloric acid and another time i soaked my head in petrol and lit it on fire, it worked! i didnt have acne any more!!
MemberMember
(@rodd)

Posted : 08/05/2007 8:06 am

hydrochloric acid...!? are you serious??!

MemberMember
(@glass)

Posted : 08/05/2007 9:11 am

MemberMember
(@murfirhea)

Posted : 08/05/2007 12:52 pm

Has anyone ever had a phenol peel. That is by far the worst thing I have done. It took like 6 weeks to heal. It hurt like a mother.

MemberMember
(@shades1991)

Posted : 08/05/2007 7:40 pm

When I got sunburned really bad and got blistered, I picked at my skin and ripped off the skin to make it bloody to distract from my acne.

MemberMember
(@metallica1)

Posted : 08/05/2007 8:59 pm

so you're shocked about the hydrochloric acid, but the soaking his head in petrol and then setting it on fire part of his post doesnt seem unusual enough to warrant a mention?

MemberMember
(@mystifire)

Posted : 08/05/2007 9:02 pm

Kept a glycolic peel on for far too long and my skin crusted/browned/scabbed. I kept it on so long that parts of my face were quivering from how much it stung. A couple days later i peeled it all off so it was red and then went to a water park and didnt wear sunscreen. I have discoloration from it still... though it has faded drastically and still is. It has been a year since. I wish i never did it because i have a few indented scars from it that havent changed.

After that event I became desperate and depressed and went downhill psychologically for months; that was the hardest emotional time of my life, though that chemical peel incident did not solely cause it.

MemberMember
(@grimz)

Posted : 08/05/2007 9:17 pm

I had a cluster of active zits right above my eyebrows between my eyes. They were pissing me the hell off so I got my proactive peel that I had no clue how to use, squirted the liquid SA shit all over them, put the peel on and left it there for a while. When I finally peeled it off it ripped all the tops off of the all the zits, making them insanely raw, red, inflammed, and irritated, and made me break out there even more. It sucked, and the red marks for the after math were there for quite some time.

MemberMember
(@rodd)

Posted : 08/08/2007 8:10 am

ouch! you guys are making we wince reading all those.. what did your poor skin ever do to you? actually, dont answer that..

MemberMember
(@connie08)

Posted : 08/08/2007 8:55 am

disgustingly enough, my own jizz
MemberMember
(@scar_tissue)

Posted : 08/08/2007 4:57 pm

No selling my soul to the devil here, but I did try transcendental meditation while my face was covered in ice. (I don't understand it either)

I also took nail clippers once....

MemberMember
(@cantwait2bacnefree)

Posted : 08/08/2007 5:46 pm

Paid the last $2500 in my checking account for the smoothbeam laser in a desperate attempt to stop the unstoppable acne! Didn't work.. now I'm broke.. but on my 16th day of Accutane

MemberMember
(@eryka)

Posted : 09/23/2007 5:06 pm

Full strength Retin-A gel two times a day while using St Ives Apricot scrub AND Clean and Clear cleanser each time. Plus a lemon juice and salt facial dip. Oh and Minocycline 2 times daily.

No wonder my skin is sensitive.

(Smacks self repeatedly)

Eryka

MemberMember
(@ocfan21)

Posted : 09/23/2007 6:03 pm

Trying like every OTC cure and tetracycoline. Niether worked. Oh yeah using needles, pushpens, blackhead extracters, and everything else to remove these damn pimples.

MemberMember
(@brynf_uk)

Posted : 09/23/2007 6:15 pm

lets see, smeared my own semen on my face, soaked my face in a bowl of urine, rubbed olive oil over my face, steamed the oil into my pores, tried doing nothing, now on dk's regimen...

ahahahahahahaha i was kidding!!! well about everything but the regimen :)

MemberMember
(@the-effendi)

Posted : 09/23/2007 6:21 pm

I never did anything nutty................I'm so smart

MemberMember
(@bug)

Posted : 09/23/2007 6:32 pm

i was given some strong samples of something, maybe benzoyl peroxide? pretty hardcore. so i'd lather that stuff liberally all over my face and neck, 2 times a day. but after about a week, it burned so much that i'd only put it on when no one was around. so i could scream into a pillow cuz it hurt like a bitch for like 3 hours. which is weird, cuz i have a pretty high pain threshold. nothing ever hurt so much that i felt like screaming, not even broken bones.

so i called up a pharmacy, and i was like, i use this stuff but it makes me wanna rip my face off w/ my fingernails. what should i do? then she's like, um sir, that's only for spot treatment.

shoulda told my ass BEFORE i lathered it on huh?

MemberMember
(@brynf_uk)

Posted : 09/23/2007 6:43 pm

MemberMember
(@the-effendi)

Posted : 09/23/2007 6:45 pm

nutty by who's standard hmmm :P

MemberMember
(@brynf_uk)

Posted : 09/23/2007 6:46 pm

nutty by who's standard hmmm :P

MemberMember
(@the-effendi)

Posted : 09/23/2007 6:49 pm

Hey, mind you, I have loads of conventional wisdom.

Go snap your rubber band and don't take stabs at me

*trudges off to corner*

MemberMember
(@unknown-soldier)

Posted : 09/23/2007 7:08 pm

Many years ago in the midst of a terrible bout with acne-induced depression I saw a latenight ad for the "Igia Ultra Clear Blemish Remover," which supposedly involved using a little battery powered wand to zap away your zits! Needless to say, $80 and two weeks later I got this strange European beauty device in the mail, and proceeded to start frying my nodular pimples hoping they would be vaporized or whatever was supposed to happen. You could adjust the level of electricity, so I always turned it up to high and pressed the metal tip on each zit, which actually stung pretty bad. I began to realize that it did absolutely nothing beyond aggravating the zits even further. I kept it up for a month, hoping for the advertised miracle, but all I was doing was making zits worse, spreading bacteria, and torturing my skin.

I later realized that in my zeal for the miracle, there was some tiny print on the instructions that tell you how it's only supposed to be used during facials to help exfoliate and loosen blackheads, i.e. it doesn't kill active zits.

That was definitely the dumbest thing I've ever done, but perhaps not the craziest...

Behold the Igia Zit Zapper:

MemberMember
(@finally_free)

Posted : 09/23/2007 7:41 pm

i smeared my face with some brests

MemberMember
(@scoobydoobydoo)

Posted : 09/23/2007 10:40 pm

Many years ago in the midst of a terrible bout with acne-induced depression I saw a latenight ad for the "Igia Ultra Clear Blemish Remover," which supposedly involved using a little battery powered wand to zap away your zits! Needless to say, $80 and two weeks later I got this strange European beauty device in the mail, and proceeded to start frying my nodular pimples hoping they would be vaporized or whatever was supposed to happen. You could adjust the level of electricity, so I always turned it up to high and pressed the metal tip on each zit, which actually stung pretty bad. I began to realize that it did absolutely nothing beyond aggravating the zits even further. I kept it up for a month, hoping for the advertised miracle, but all I was doing was making zits worse, spreading bacteria, and torturing my skin.

I later realized that in my zeal for the miracle, there was some tiny print on the instructions that tell you how it's only supposed to be used during facials to help exfoliate and loosen blackheads, i.e. it doesn't kill active zits.

That was definitely the dumbest thing I've ever done, but perhaps not the craziest...

Behold the Igia Zit Zapper: