Notifications
Clear all

Craziest thing you've ever done for your acne?

MemberMember
(@jess)

Posted : 08/03/2007 3:46 am

Washing with an antibacterial wash, a salycilic acid wash, using a toner with alcohol in it and then not moisturising

MemberMember
(@archangel)

Posted : 08/03/2007 9:40 am

accutane it works!!!

MemberMember
(@laura-lou)

Posted : 08/03/2007 9:44 am

well, my nan told me that blueberries were good for the skin!

So i stupidly crushed a crapload of blueberries and put it all over my face, like a face mask!

Turns out i was supposed to eat the berries, not smush them all over my face

Suffice to say, i was left with a bit of a blue face for a while

MemberMember
(@iliad)

Posted : 08/03/2007 9:56 am

No selling my soul to the devil here, but I did try transcendental meditation while my face was covered in ice. (I don't understand it either)

I also took nail clippers once....

MemberMember
(@willeh)

Posted : 08/03/2007 10:39 am

Listening to the stupid people behind the Clinique counter and buying the 3 step regime - drying soap, alcohol toner, ok moisturizer - 44!

MemberMember
(@lameness)

Posted : 08/03/2007 11:24 am

digging into a cyst with tac (multiple times) and making a sweet 2cm scab lucky no scar. scrubbing vigorously with a wash cloth in the shower while it was scorching my face and being a picker.. I'm clearing up now though. :) with no scars *whew*

I've done that before too. Surprisingly it only one left a teeny pock mark.

MemberMember
(@j-boy)

Posted : 08/03/2007 12:16 pm

had levulan treatments even though success rates were minimal.. levulan saved my skin and sanity.. :)

MemberMember
(@moonbase)

Posted : 08/03/2007 12:58 pm

Not getting treatment as soon as I started getting my first pimples. Unfortunately I was too damn young to understand. woot scars!

MemberMember
(@phaser)

Posted : 08/03/2007 1:08 pm

Amateurs ! You're all good for nothin' ;)

I got a towel, soaked it ALL with Salycilic Acid 5% and left it on my face ALL NIGHT.

The results in the morning ... well ... where to begin with ? Perhaps with the question where the fuck is my face ? I got SO burned, it was like washing your face with boiling water.

The Acid made some kind of canals through my skin. It was bleeding all the time and was red as hell. To sum up - there was almost no skin left, especially on my forehead.

It took me 2 months to heal. Praise be deflagmol.

Yes, I have scars now, pretty big ones at that.

Yes, I am stupid.

MemberMember
(@j-boy)

Posted : 08/03/2007 1:12 pm

I got a towel, soaked it ALL with Salycilic Acid 5% and left it on my face ALL NIGHT.

The results in the morning ... well ... where to begin with ? Perhaps with the question where the fuck is my face ? I got SO burned, it was like washing your face with boiling water.

The Acid made some kind of canals through my skin. It was bleeding all the time and was red as hell. To sum up - there was almost no skin left, especially on my forehead.

Yes, I am stupid.

i am an amateur.. you my friend are one crazy person...

MemberMember
(@iliad)

Posted : 08/03/2007 2:29 pm

where to begin with ? Perhaps with the question where the fuck is my face ?

ha ha! It shouldn't be funny, but that had me laughing!

MemberMember
(@stardancer)

Posted : 08/03/2007 2:38 pm

Yes, I am stupid.

Wow, not much leaves me speechless. YOu are the master of, well, of something.

MemberMember
(@mardy-bum)

Posted : 08/03/2007 6:09 pm

Yes, I am stupid.

:|

thank fuck i am an amateur. that sounds so painful, isit almost recovered now??

MemberMember
(@rusalka)

Posted : 08/03/2007 7:01 pm

Yes, I am stupid.

phaser, you are now my new personal hero. A++

MemberMember
(@valkyrie)

Posted : 08/03/2007 8:00 pm

You know the urban legends about how duct tape or rubbing with a potato make warts go away? Well, I figured they must work for acne too. They didn't.

MemberMember
(@user15978)

Posted : 08/03/2007 9:03 pm

Phaser all i can say is ouch! Has it recovered?

I did something similar to this.

Got my Clearasil gel cleanser (the gel is blue) which contains Salicylic Acid (dont know % though) cleansed with that at night. I got carried away, i opened the bottle and smothered the cleanser all over my face and went to bed. The next morning, my face was burnt and red and sore!!!

The next couple of days, my face peeled like hell!!!

MemberMember
(@dragon10)

Posted : 08/03/2007 9:23 pm

Popping cysts with a needle, using ACV without diluting it causing scars and red marks that wouldn't go away for a very very long time, and using St. Ives Apricot Scrub while I had active acne

MemberMember
(@rodd)

Posted : 08/03/2007 9:39 pm

craziest thing ive ever done for my acne? my regimen.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...=132266&hl=

MemberMember
(@optomstic-1)

Posted : 08/03/2007 9:57 pm

Whilst painting the garage earlier I spent a rather disturbing amount of time staring at a roll of sandpaper. You doubtless all know what I was thinking. Which left me wondering - how many people have tried to sandpaper their skin off like some sort of deranged DIY microdermabrasion? It made me reminisce about the time I tried to offer my eternal soul to the devil (yes, I know) in exchange for nice clear skin.

So, what's the most ludicrous skin-related thing you've ever done?

I rubbed poison ivy all over my face and arms when I was in eighth grade. So the kids at school wouldn't make fun of me for having a few pimples on my face. Yeah dumb idea I know but u couldn't tell that I had any pimples b/c my face was covered with poison ivy. Wow what was I thinking?

MemberMember
(@speckle)

Posted : 08/03/2007 10:43 pm

Yes, I am stupid.

You are the master :)

I've used my own piss on my face. And I've drunk my own piss (it didn't stay down long)

MemberMember
(@dirge)

Posted : 08/03/2007 11:05 pm

I've put toothpaste on my face and left it there for days at at time (between showers, of course). Had some awful chemical burns after that. =/

MemberMember
(@jess)

Posted : 08/04/2007 12:21 am

"i will be taking it for granted and not doing anything nice for it because it doesnt deserve it."

MemberMember
(@phaser)

Posted : 08/04/2007 4:16 am

Yes, I am stupid.

:|

thank fuck i am an amateur. that sounds so painful, isit almost recovered now??

Well ofcourse, it's been 2 years since then, but as I said, my scars will remain as long as I draw breath. They are represented by 2 lines starting from the middle of my forehead to it's outskirts

And 2 small ones on my nose. The rest of my face healed completely thanks to 'deflagmol'

It was like my face was 2nd degree burned. Dead skin falling off for an entire week till it starts healing. And yes - it hurt like a mofo.

When I put on the towel on my face I felt the acid disolving my skin ...

Why I did it ? I was SO angry wish my face, completely furious that I can't seem to keep myself clear. I started punching myself in the face and got in a state of complete rage.

It was in that exact state that I performed the stupidity explained in the previous post.

MemberMember
(@ben100604)

Posted : 08/04/2007 4:56 am

I remember back in early 2001 when I didn't know a single thing about acne, I read online about some old fashioned remedy for acne which involved some sort of herb like sage in hot water being applied to your face. As I was unemployed at the time, I thought "Ah well it'll pass the time at least". We didn't have any sage in the house, so I tried it with the herb Rosemary. As I sat there with a load of dried Rosemary on my face, I thought "What the fuck am I doing??!!!!".

Then I went and got some antibiotics!

MemberMember
(@rodd)

Posted : 08/04/2007 5:39 am

"i will be taking it for granted and not doing anything nice for it because it doesnt deserve it."

like a bitch :D