Notifications
Clear all

Scars and the people

MemberMember
(@epedemik)

Posted : 06/06/2007 1:04 pm

I have had moderate acne for most of my teen years. I have noticed more scarring after the acne stopped. Is it just me or do people always touch their face when speaking to you? It's almost like they are reassuring themselves that their skin isn't so messed up. I get so irritated when I feel that they are so focused on the condition of my skin and with their skin that they are not really listening to what I am saying. Grr...really gets me going when I notice that people ALWAYS touch their cheeks or something when looking at me.

What are some of your experiences?

bumpee liked
MemberMember
(@mulzachan)

Posted : 06/06/2007 2:13 pm

if you didnt have acne, youd touch your face a lot too.

they dont do it to check up, they do it just because thats what a lot of people do. everyone who is not conscious of their face and possible acne will touch their face a lot. it seems of no harm, and it just comes natural.

its not an attack on you or anything though

MemberMember
(@lostcause)

Posted : 06/06/2007 3:29 pm

Yeah, it's common. People with acne just decide not to.

MemberMember
(@a-shizzle)

Posted : 06/06/2007 3:50 pm

I know a woman who is ALWAYS touching her face..it's like a weird tick or something..

When I had acne I never noticed people touching their faces around me but I'd notice them staring at my big nasty pimples.

MemberMember
(@epedemik)

Posted : 06/06/2007 8:34 pm

I've watched coversations between my coworker and clients, and it is only when I enter conversations that people will start touching their face. I know it sounds paranoid, but it never fails.

Gosh I am screwed up huh?

bumpee liked
MemberMember
(@bumpee)

Posted : 08/24/2015 5:26 pm

I realize this is an old topic but I searched today for this issue because it happens to me so much. My mother who passed away about 5 years ago, was the first person that I noticed always touched their face around me. At first I did not make the connection. But now, I notice whenever people talk to me, they rub their faces, mainly their cheeks where I have the most severe scarring. People will run their hand across their face, they all seem to do the same motion. At the very least when anyone looks at me, they scratch their face. Im so sick of it.

MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 08/25/2015 8:16 am

Once when I was in middle school I had a huge zit on my chin and was talking to this guy during lunch and he put his finger on his chin RIGHT where my pimple was on my chin. Also was looking at me weird as he was doing it. I wanted to punch him, lol.

bumpee liked