Lemon Juice (applied topically) reviews

4.3/5 - 852 reviews

Irritates the skin
Reviewed on November 17, 2015

Though it helps drying out pimples and getting rid of scars, do not use lemon juice if you have sensitive skin! It will irritate your skin and causes it to be stinging and red. Afterwards your skin will produce more oil to compensate for the irritation.

Works great..no totally clear but lighten up scars dramatically
Reviewed on October 1, 2015

I've had acne since I was 11 y/o and I'm not 31...im tried everything u can thing..even rx didn't work for my skin..so I went to natural remedies. .I wanted to first figure out what inside my was causing my skin to create acne...once I figured that out I did my research. ..I changed my diet..starting excersing and drinking lots and lots of water!!and alot of lemon/lime water..bc there natural detoxing..put lemons on my face every other night..bc every night was to over drying to my oily skin..and mosturize daily am and pm..I have hormonal acne on my jaw line and respiratory acne on my cheeks....based on my research. .which means I need to control my hormones and detox my body...that's what I did and I'm seeing a major difference. .when I fall off my regime I start breaking out again ...hope this helps someone out there..do your research on where your acne is located on your face and research the underlying cause of why it's there and try to fix it..it may be a major health issue also..

Brighten up my face overnight
Reviewed on September 26, 2015

ive actually heard of this thing since i was a teenager, tried it with lime and i forgot the result, also too lazy to stick to it. Last night, i realized the Nivea Soft breaks me out after 2 weeks of usage. Since im already used to apply something on my face before i went to bed, i applied some lemon juice after i washed my face with Clean&Clear Essential Facial Foam then leave it overnight. When i woke up and done taking my bath (plus face wash) i noticed that my skin is brighten up and the acnes are drying.

*just done applying the lemon juice for tonight as i write down this review

hope i can get back to u guys with an update in 2 weeks

help please
Reviewed on September 24, 2015

ive been using it for 3 months now.

the first 2 weeks it worked and there was no more ance scars on my body

then it slowly came back the next 2 weeks later. the second month i used it every single day properly even over night and no results..

now im on today the third month and very annoyed.

it did get a little lighter tho and when it came back it wasnt as dark as it was in the begining

by Nikkiiscaramel on 10/01/2015 00:28
Do u watch what u watch what u eat??are u excersing regularly bc those things matters most when ur an acne sufferer like myself..noticed that once I changed my diet..drink more water (sometime with lemon in it) put lemon just on my fave every other night...bc every night made my oily skin dry and peel..and I use shea butter the other nights and saw a major difference
by willywonkacandy on 10/03/2015 01:18
thanks. what im trying to say is that it worked on my ance scars in two weeks but then came back lighter and i havent seen no results in 2 months.
Works like magic!
Reviewed on September 17, 2015

I was skeptical at first when I read this but I decided to try it and I'm currently in my Day 5 and so far, it's been great.

I have acne scarring, red bumps, brown marks, bright red blemishes and once a while pimple that will drop by and say hello plus some whiteheads. After using the lemon on my face, I've noticed the some of my blemishes and brown marks has faded and turn like a shade lighter. My acne scar didn't really fade but I'm staying hopeful that at least, it'll turn less visible. I've also noticed that I stopped breaking out so often which is a good thing of course. Plus my whiteheads are "cooked" enough for me to burst it.

My steps are really simple. The first step is to squeeze the lemon and I do not dilute my lemon. Usually when you squeeze, you will have alot of juices left and honestly, you do not really have to put alot of juice on your face so I take about 3 tablespoons of the juices and the rest, I'll keep it in the fridge. This is my personal perference but I like it when the juice is cold as it adds a little bit of coolness when I apply it on my face.

I use it twice or once a day depending on the day. For weekend, since I rarely go out, I usually put it twice a day. So I'll wake up and wash my face with my Garnier 3-in-1 Facial Wash (it's the only facial wash that doesn't irritate my skin as much, however if I find something better, I will def change it). After drying, I will steam my face for a while to open up my pores. Once done, I'll use a q-tip and soak it in the lemon juice and pat it at my affected area. I'll leave it on for like an hour and a half or longer depending on what you want but I strongly suggest to not leave it on for too long in the morning esp if you'll be heading out later on. I'll rinse it off and then proceed to use a moisturiser and follow up with my normal make up routine if i'm heading out. If not, I'll just leave my moisturiser on.

For night time, basically the routine is the same however on weekdays, I leave my lemon juice overnight since I will not be using it in the morning. Honestly, it will burn when the juice is on your face and I'll end up gritting my teeth and psychoing myself that "Beauty is pain" and honestly, it is worth it when I see the results. Reading the reviews here, I am definitely excited to see how my skin will be in the long run.

If you are still skeptical and contemplating, there's no harm in trying out this since it's cheap. I will def update if there's any changes in my routine.

by willywonkacandy on 10/10/2015 00:37
how long have you been using it for? i used ot for 2 months and still no reaults from ance scars. i only saw results the first two weeks
by zhrh on 10/16/2015 14:30
Hey, I'm on my second month as well. My acne scars didn't fade completely but at least it's not as bright red/brown as before. I think for old acne scar, it'll take longer for it to fade or dissapear, I'm anxious for all of mine to dissapear but I guess patience is what we both need. Haha
Reviewed on September 4, 2015

When i first started this i got turned off by the amount of burning it gave me and i also started to get bumps around my face so i stopped.

a month after, i've put this on my fresh/red marks and it got rid of them in a week.

HOWEVER, i find that these do not work for actual scars and brown marks. :)

advice for everyone! it works!
Reviewed on August 11, 2015

I don't get any burning using lemon juice but the people who do/have sensitive skin, you need to close your pores!!!! after you wash your face, RINSE YOUR FACE OFF WITH COLD WATER TO CLOSE YOUR PORES! very important! and you don't need a lot of lemon juice! put some on a cotton ball/ pad or put a little bit of juice into your hands and pat it into your face and really press it in so it can work. if you experience burning, it should not hurt and should not last for more than 3 minutes. the burning is also showing a sign that its working. and please give it time!!! I know a lot of people are saying it works less than a week but please use this for a month and then you can judge! DO NOT GO OUTSIDE INTO THE SUNLIGHT WITH LEMON JUICE ON YOUR FACE!!! put lemon juice on your face at night and let it sit overnight and then rinse it off in the morning :) IF YOU GIVE UP AFTER A MONTH OR TWO TRY USING ONION JUICE!!! :)

by mixed mami on 08/12/2015 04:43
btw dont apply lemon juice where you have an open wound! its gonna burn badly!
by mixed mami on 08/12/2015 06:26
btw dont apply lemon juice where you have an open wound! its gonna burn badly!
by MsAlanis on 08/15/2015 11:27
Do you put the lemon juice on your scars only or on your entire face? Never tried it but I've been breaking out recently. Thank you.
by mixed mami on 08/27/2015 04:33
@MsAlanis sorry for the late reply and yes i just applied it to my whole face bc im lazy and just want to get it over with but it shouldnt matter if you apply it to your whole face or on your acne marks, just make sure no lemon juice gets on any open wounds thats on your face :)
Pretty Good!
Reviewed on August 9, 2015

I think it's good, but it can sting a little if you use one lemon directly on your skin. Mix one egg white with about half a teaspoon lemon juice and apply is to your face as a mask. For easier application, wet your face first. Leave it on until it dries ( 15 - 20 mins ) or overnight for better result. When it tightens, try not to move your face to much since it creates wrinkles in the mask! Good luck!❤️

Fairly good!
Reviewed on July 31, 2015

I've been doing this for 5 days now, what I basically do is mix equal amounts of lemon and rosewater and put it on my face before I go to sleep and leave it overnight, first time I did it when I woke up I was like "woah ! this is a miracle !", my skin tone was more even, scars were less noticable but actually still as red/dark as I remember them, my face was a little oily but thats how my face is usually when I wake up, also I had no new pimples which is a good sign ! Unfourtanetly, after that first time I haven't seen any new improvements at all .. my skin is breaking out again, a lot less though .. but still I guess that's due to me reducing my habit of picking and touching my face 24/7.

Overall, it was good, would keep on doing it, and would recommend it but not applying lemon only without diluting it cause that may be too harsh for your skin.

Really Helps
Reviewed on July 29, 2015

I apply lemon topically as well as drinking it in water every day. Since starting this treatment, my scars have drastically lightened and reduced and I have seen the amount of acne I get reduce as well. It has really helped so much. Also, just drinking more water with the lemon in it has added a new glow to my skin. My routine is: wake up in the morning and drink water warmed up with half a fresh lemon squeezed into it. Then, I drink lemon water throughout the day and apply it topically to my scars and blemishes both when I wake up and before bed.