Lemon Juice (applied topically) reviews

4.4/5 - 814 reviews

Does not work externally
Reviewed on July 19, 2014

I am suffering from acne since long time. I have acne on both sides (right and left) upper cheeks. My face skin is very oily. I have tried applying lemon juice on my acne i dilute it in water because applying lemon juice direct on skin can be strong! Whenever i apply it my skin irritates and it itches alot, and my skin literally become RED !! I also applied the lemon juice directly without diluting it in water but it is very very irritating and i have to wash it off immediately. I have also tried applying lemon by mixing it with another things like, honey, tomato, fuller's earth, gram flour etc but never saw any good results. Lemon does not work on my skin at all i've tried it couple of times. But yes for internal use its best! i drink lemon water and lemon with green tea daily and it is good ! :) I would also like to say that if it does not works for me it is not necessary that it will also not work for ur skin too. Everyone has different skin. There are so many people who give positive feedback about applying lemon on their skin and it works for them. So it depends on ur skin. Try it if u see any betterment then it means it works for ur skin and if not, and ur skin irritates means it does not works for u. Best of luck everyone :)

scars
Reviewed on July 7, 2014

I'm so glad that i used this instead of the "burning face mask". i found that almost impossible to make and it didn't even burn! i had taken a paper towel and ripped it to fit the curves of my face, then i poured lemon juice into a container and soaked my paper towels in the lemon juice. after, i drained the extra juice out of my paper towels by lightly squeezing them, and then placing them on my face. i keep them on my voce for about half an hour (or however long i feel like keeping them there). i can feel the places where i have scars and acne slightly burning! i then rinse off my face and rub ice cubes on for about 3-5 minutes. then i rinse my face with cool water and dab-dry. feels amazing and works great!

Dark marks
Reviewed on July 5, 2014

great for dark marks and healing scars. It's helped A LOT with my skin

Help required of experts.
Reviewed on July 4, 2014

Please help me out, I have pimples and acne. Kindly guide me how to reduce pimples by using Lemon.

by lolopop on 07/05/2014 23:38
Take a fresh lemon and squeeze a tad onto a cotton ball. Place the cotton ball on your acne or scars for ten minutes. Then wash your face. Repeat this process once a day. Lemon juice can make your skin sensitive to light so make sure to apply sunscreen before going outside :) hope this helped!
Great discovery
Reviewed on June 29, 2014

It makes my skin itchy for a little while after but definitely worth it. Scars look redder after applied but that is only until you wash the lemon juiced off. Can see results a few days later!!

Help
Reviewed on June 11, 2014

My acne scars are becoming more red after I use the lemon juice. I use cotton buds to apply the extracted lemon juice. What am I doing wrong? Pls help

by chaiwalli on 06/11/2014 18:38
You shouldn't be using lemon juice on your skin. It makes you more sensitive to the sun, which makes your acne scars (hyperpigmentation) worse. It is better to use a product which is designed to go on your skin, such as an AHA product. Lemon is not made for your skin.
by Pedro Kes on 06/11/2014 20:45
no, you should do it at night because lemon juice is very sensitive to light. :)
by lilla07 on 07/01/2014 07:43
They may appear red initially after applying but after washing off or a few days later they should improve!
WORKS
Reviewed on May 18, 2014

It burns but it also works! Try It! Love this "product", if you will, and i usually only use a little yet it still works! AMAZING!

Works
Reviewed on May 16, 2014

It works but it burns a little. Make sure to put it only in the night.

It WORKS!!!!
Reviewed on May 4, 2014

I was using lemon this afternoon!!! I only apply it 20 minutes, (it burns a little bit) when I washed off with ice, the scars on my face just starting to disappear from my face! it's amazing!!! if you haven't try this, give it a shot!!!

Lemon juice
Reviewed on April 11, 2014

I started suffering with acne a year ago I'm 24 and in highschool or as a teen I never really suffered from major acne . I have red marks on my cheeks and when I breakout it's on my chin which indicates that it is hormonal . I've tried everything you can imagine , from seeing a dermatologist , antibiotics , Epiduo which was $200 a tube , proactiv and drugstore over the counter products . NOTHING SEEMS YO WORK FOR ME. I decide today after researching to try lemons because it's a natural remedy , well as soon as I put it on an hour later my husband shockingly noticed a difference and told me and that's not like him because he believes everything is a myth or a scam . I'm so excited and will keep ur posted a week from now . :)

by jeilovesdee on 07/01/2014 02:11
How is ur acne now? I also have acne on my chin and im looking forward to using lemon juice, but i wanna know if it worked great for u til now. Thanks