Lemon Juice (applied topically) reviews

4.3/5 - 860 reviews

Not for me
Reviewed on May 14, 2016

As much as I wanted it to work this remedy is not just for me. I keep thinking I will have progress at the end of the week or maybe i just have diff skin type than the others, but no. I used it for 3 weeks before giving up. I just wanted to get rid of these damn dark spots. And I keep thinking if it contributed to my breakout recently. It's just too much work and pain. So I decided to stop. I even mixed it with honey because it's too painful and dried my face. I really wanted this too work because of the positive reviews I read in here. But you know. It's a trial & error process and finding what's best for you. And this definitely is not for me.

Been using it off and on again throughout the months
Reviewed on April 14, 2016

Worked great just have to stop being lazy and put it on my skin. I have light African American skin, it works perfectly for me it cleans my skin and when it's on it makes me feel so refresh, I take it off after 30 min (I used to wear it all night but it's pretty uncomfortable.) I had a zit on my face just this week I mixed the lemons and milk put inside the microwave (just like 5 to 10 seconds make it warm.) Kept it on for 30 min washed it and that zit washed right off (I know gross right lol.) but it's gone completely clear it's amazing what a little lemon and milk can do. It worked for me but reading some of these comments it seems not to work for everyone maybe they didn't use it long enough. I don't have much breakout to begin with though just a few dark marks that aren't too noticeable just mainly doing this to lighten my skin a bit. I also put coco butter on my face afterwards feels great really does.

it helps
Reviewed on February 12, 2016

it helps drying out my pimples and lighten up my scars but dont overuse it it could be cause irritaing on your skin

by Iruu on 02/16/2016 19:48
Scars
HELPFULL!! 😍
Reviewed on February 6, 2016

I've been actually using the lemon juice remedy twice a day for 2 days already. And im definitely seeing a difference. My skin is alot lighter zits are not red anymore. And some dark spots went away. Im amazed . I've spent so much money on treatments that didnt work.. I tried almost everything. And finally found the solution.

This is what i do i squeeze both halfs of a lemon onto a small bowl and add sugar, stir until it makes a paste.

Then With a cotton ball apply it all over your face or just the affected area , i use my middle and ring finger and spread it all over my face and i massage my face making a zero for about 5 mins. After that wait another 5 mins and rinse off with warm water. Pat try and moisterize. I use vaseline.

The reason i add sugar to the lemon juice is because the sugar removes dead skin leaving the skin soft and it minimizes pimples

Caused huge breakout
Reviewed on December 3, 2015

Got caught by the hype train here and since so many were getting great results with it, I thought that it won't hurt trying. I've had acne since i was 13 (17 now) and about a week ago, i was the clearest i've been in years, no pimples or whiteheads and my marks were lighter then ever. But even tho my marks were lighter, i still wanted to speed up the process of getting rid of them. So I looked around and found this page and read all the positive reviews. Later that day I bought a couple of lemons and started applying on my marks with a q-tip at night. I felt some slight burning which according to the reviews should be good so I countinued doing this every night for 5-6 days. Now, 1 week after I started putting lemon juice on my face, i'm currently experiencing the worst breakout of my life and since I have changed nothing else with my routine which was basically just cleanse my face twice-a-day, the lemon must be the cause.

I would NEVER recommend anyone to try this as while it seems to work for some, it can also f*** your face up.

EDIT: So might aswell edit this one, over 2 months has gone past and im still in the same huge outbreak, its better for sure but nowhere near what it was before that fruit from hell and as a response to the comment below, thanks but no thanks im never putting that on my face ever again, not even for 10000$...

by Badtogoodskinguy on 12/14/2015 21:51
You gotta be careful, you are at that tender teenage age. You should only use this remedy only 2-3 times a week. Trying only leaving the juice on for only about 10-20 minutes only and then rinsing it off. And never forget to moisturize thoroughly afterwards, because the lemon makes your skin dry.
CAN I GET ADVICE??
Reviewed on December 9, 2015

Hello I'm seeing some good and bad reviews. Can I please get a descriptive answer to how this worked for you and how long? I've been struggling with acne for a year I got rid of it in May but the scars are still here I hate looking in the mirror so I wear makeup but makeup isn't permanent so can I please get some advice and your results !?

Please

by Chloe123 on 12/11/2015 01:35
How did you cure your acne may i ask? :) In my opinion, i would NOT use this. Try aloe vera instead. my red marks completely disappeared with 2 months of aloe use. However, lemon does work. Its just irritating. I used lemons on my scars and it got rid of the marks in 2 weeks, however, instead my skin became sensitive and i got more acne.
by Eddie2711 on 01/06/2016 06:36
hey chloe, did you use natural aloe vera directly from the plant? or a cream from over the counter?
works
Reviewed on December 5, 2015

it really works, just be patient and use it regulary. it fades marks and works on mild acne too.

wouldn't recommend for sensitive skin, since it can possibly burn it

also don't dare to go on daylight sun with lemon on your face

It did help at first
Reviewed on December 5, 2015

It did help me with my acne at first, but after a while i started to breakout again more often. Anyone know why?

Too Irritating
Reviewed on December 3, 2015

This irritates my skin so much, it actually does fade spots but not good for the skin.

Irritates the skin
Reviewed on November 17, 2015

Though it helps drying out pimples and getting rid of scars, do not use lemon juice if you have sensitive skin! It will irritate your skin and causes it to be stinging and red. Afterwards your skin will produce more oil to compensate for the irritation.