Lemon Juice (applied topically) reviews

4.3/5 - 873 reviews

Lemon Juice (applied topically)

"we all have different skin types"
Reviewed on April 28, 2017

so i started getting acne when i had my first period so around 11 and half years old,

i tried: Proactiv ,St ives ,charcoal ,Clearasli ,Neutroena and mutiple diy natural masks and nothing seem to give me the effect i wanted.

Now i am 13 and currently in highschool.

The things that really made a difference was Crystaderm and of course lemon juice , Both of these made a great impact on me and although i've only been using lemon juice for a couple of weeks i definitely see a difference with how my acne magically disapeared.

One downside of both treatments is the short painful sting you can get if its an open wound but it just shows that when the sting stops the germs may have been cleaned out.

Works - but be careful.
Reviewed on April 4, 2017

Hi! I have hyper pigmentation and acne scars. My skin type is dry.

First time I tried this: I applied lemon slice's juice onto my scars on my forehead and left it on for about 10 minutes, then washed it off. I did it for a full week, once a day. It cleared my scars significantly, but it caused small white bumps all over my forehead, which went away after a couple of days. Because of that, I didn't really try it again for another couple of months.

Second time trying this: I apply the juice to my scars, and leave it for 10 minutes. I only do this once to twice a week to avoid any sensitive reactions with my skin. I wash it away with soap and water. This method has really helped boost the look of my scars and allow it to fade out quicker. I suggest to squeeze lemon juice onto a small plate and then apply with cotton swab in your specific scar areas, because if you apply it on skin without imperfections, it can possibly cause an unwanted reaction. Do this technique at night.

Good luck! :)

A word of warning
Reviewed on March 20, 2017

Hello everyone! My name is Hannah. I have struggled with acne ever since I was 10 years of age (I'm 17 now). One of the natural remedies I tried over the years was indeed applying lemon juice topically. This is an item that is extremely acidic.. which may help as a spot treatment but (and I truly, from the bottom of my heart caution you) it may not be the best as a full-face mask, so to speak. I learned that lesson at the age of 13 when lemon juice (in reaction with the sun) caused rather serious burns and hyperpigmentation on my cheeks. I advise that you ladies (and gentlemen, of course) with sensitive skin steer clear of this remedy. I personally cleared my acne at the age of 15 with the Acne.org Regimen and the awful hyperpigmentation caused by the lemon juice was fixed with the consistent use of Acne.org's AHA+. I wish all of you well on your acne clearing journeys! Much love.

Mix it with pure raw honey
Reviewed on March 7, 2017

I mix it with pure raw honey so it won't sting and leave it on my face for 15-30 minutes. Raw honey helps with acne as well. If it doesn't work, reconsider your diet and make sure you're drinking enough water per day. Also, make sure that you're using a natural moisturizer. I use raw virgin coconut oil as a moisturizer -- and no, it does NOT clog my pores. However, coconut oil helped me get rid of my acne.

Indecisive
Reviewed on March 2, 2017

I am experiencing acne since the age of 14 (17 now) i realized that anything with benzoyl peroxide in it causes my skin to burn. For example i used acneterminator and it caused my skin to get red and dry. Should i still use lemon or should i stick with the remedy of honey & Ice?

by Niamhlaoibh on 05/01/2017 18:18
Natural yoghurt, honey and tumeric face masks 3 times a week have made a massive improvement for me,, and green tea as a toner
Works well WITH tea tree moisturizer
Reviewed on December 19, 2016

If there is a story that never ends, it is my story with acne. I had it since 2009, tried so many things to get rid of it, went to many doctors but they didn't help much to the point I don't even care about my breakouts anymore.

Just recently, I moved to a tropical place with bad water quality. Since then, my acne gotten worse and it finally caught my attention again. Went to a doctor first, got treated with chemical peeling only to have my acne even worse. A friend of mine suggested me to use lemon juice every night before going to bed and to use some moisturizer. I was hesitant at first. Since my skin type is very oily, wouldn't it gotten worse if I use moisturizer? Apparently not.

Yes, lemon juice works like magic-- only after 6 nights of using lemon juice, I can see a big difference. But it's also important to use moisturizer since lemon juice can irritate your skin and cause more acne. Hence, the key is to look for the right moisturizer for your skin.

I chose night lotion that contains tea tree oil and it works perfectly. I also use tea tree mattifying lotion for daily use. Unfortunately the mattifying lotion don't have SPF in it, so I have to look for sunscreen that works well with oily skin. I also drank 2 lites of water/day. So far, it works just fine for me.

I hope this helps you too. :)

Advice?
Reviewed on November 29, 2016

Im confused, i saw very good review but also the worse review here. Some experienced their worse breakout and it's pretty scary tbh. I used to have severe acne but its now all gone. Left with brownish hyper pigmentation. Got any advice?

Good for scars/scabs but not for your entire face
Reviewed on November 1, 2016

Unfortunately it broke me out pretty bad. Works good to heal popped/old pimples though.

NEVER USE LEMON HARSH FOR SKIN
Reviewed on August 3, 2016

Never use lemon on ur face.Dont acidic and will burn ur face.it is harsh.Use stuff such as cucumbers or tomatoes and even watermelon rinds.fresh watery fruits and no acidic fruits.it is wayyyyyy better.

by Star Lord on 08/05/2016 18:15
hey dude I agree that people shouldnt use lemon but dont use words like retarded, its really not okay
by Mirmi88 on 08/27/2016 22:23
Hi I use lemon on my face to fade acne scars and make my pores smaller. It works for me.. And last time I checked I am not retarded ;-)
by innysom on 09/15/2016 18:17
There's nothing wrong with using "retarded" lol. This review is lame though.
by MountainMash on 10/16/2016 22:09
Sorry for my language I just tying to express my review but I hope it helps
Friend that I always come back to😉
Reviewed on October 6, 2016

I used to put lemon juice on my face when I had scars, and it helped perfectly. Sometimes it also help to dry out pimples and make them go away. However, I have forgotten about it and now since I got some hormonal acne and it left me scars I start use it again before I go to the bed and in the afternoon when I do my daily routine .. and I'm really satisfied. Recommend it;)

by MelissaMel on 10/27/2016 21:13
How did u apply it? How long did u leave it on for?