Lemon Juice (applied topically) reviews

4.3/5 - 845 reviews

Fairly good!
Reviewed on July 31, 2015

I've been doing this for 5 days now, what I basically do is mix equal amounts of lemon and rosewater and put it on my face before I go to sleep and leave it overnight, first time I did it when I woke up I was like "woah ! this is a miracle !", my skin tone was more even, scars were less noticable but actually still as red/dark as I remember them, my face was a little oily but thats how my face is usually when I wake up, also I had no new pimples which is a good sign ! Unfourtanetly, after that first time I haven't seen any new improvements at all .. my skin is breaking out again, a lot less though .. but still I guess that's due to me reducing my habit of picking and touching my face 24/7.

Overall, it was good, would keep on doing it, and would recommend it but not applying lemon only without diluting it cause that may be too harsh for your skin.

Really Helps
Reviewed on July 29, 2015

I apply lemon topically as well as drinking it in water every day. Since starting this treatment, my scars have drastically lightened and reduced and I have seen the amount of acne I get reduce as well. It has really helped so much. Also, just drinking more water with the lemon in it has added a new glow to my skin. My routine is: wake up in the morning and drink water warmed up with half a fresh lemon squeezed into it. Then, I drink lemon water throughout the day and apply it topically to my scars and blemishes both when I wake up and before bed.

Any advice?
Reviewed on July 29, 2015

I'm a light skinned indian and I don't get pimples too often. I got a pretty big pimple in the middle of my forehead a couple months ago, ended up popping it, and have regretted the decision ever since. It's gone through several stages after I popped it, first the mark was a bright red and that went away in a couple days. Then it was a dark brown that I didn't touch and another small pimple formed in the place of it. I never popped that but it eventually went away and now its a tiny dark brown/almost black spot in the middle of my forehead. I just dabbed it with lemon and am unsure if it will work. Does anyone have any other suggestions?! Please let me know - any help is appreciated.

by ll19677 on 07/29/2015 17:55
I get a product called bye-bye blemish from Ulta. It helps a lot, almost overnight. Also, make sure you're drinking plenty of water and adding lemon may help.
I also started using lemon juice should I keep overnight I used lemon juice and rose water is it helpful for me I have pimples and scars please help me
Reviewed on July 20, 2015

I have pimples and scars on my face I started using lemon juice and rose water should I mix rose water and should I keep overnight please help me as soon as possible is this treatment really works??

Amazing
Reviewed on July 16, 2015

I bought lemon juice from the store and put some on toilet paper and put it all over my face and I put a lot and I left it on over night and when I woke up the next morning I noticed a change in my facial appearance it was so much better my pimples had become less big and less red and my black heads were fading and my skin had a shine to it and wasn't oily after using for a week straight I have improved my skins appearance greatly so I would definitely recommend using lemon juice to get rid of acne also make sure you use a good amount for each area of your face thanks for reading and I hope it works for you.☺️

by NervousSupply on 07/23/2015 16:23
Do you use it in the morning or just at nighttime before you go to bed ..?
by NervousSupply on 07/23/2015 16:23
Do you use it in the morning or just at nighttime before you go to bed ..?
no effect on me :(
Reviewed on July 14, 2015

it has been more than 4 times i have been using lemon on my acne and acne scars.. I have not noticed any slight changes.. No fading nothing I know it will take time to heal.. But i should have seen some changes through.. I am using it at night just before going to bed. Same procedure same ingredients: lemon juice and 2 tbs of honey.. But still no effect on me :( Please

by ClassyDollar on 07/16/2015 01:34
Use straight lemon juice from the store and put a lot on your face keep on using it for another week and use daily and if you don't see the a change then you should try something else if you have severe acne then I recommend seeing a dermatologist but make sure before application you wash your face if it burns it's a good thing hope this helps.😊
by Emilly on 07/20/2015 16:07
oh lemon juice.. okay thanks :D
by Dorsorne on 07/30/2015 02:18
Did u buy lemon that was already squeezed in a bottle or do you squeeze the lemon yourself?
YES! USE LEMON!
Reviewed on June 18, 2015

I've had had acne for 2+ years now, and I've tried everything! I'm African American and brown skinned. I've used everything from black soap, to proactive, and I will say that lemon has been the most effective. I've used lemon once and I noticed a big difference in my acne and scars within one week. I plan to continue to use my facial scrub, and will use lemon atleast twice or 3 times a week!

by ChelseaOllie on 07/04/2015 15:05
I found this treatment through Pinterest! I'm trying to eliminate all of my eczema scars, but Pinterest said to apply juice for some minutes(didn't specify, so I did 5 minutes) and wash it off, I see everyone else has been doing this process overnight? Which routine is best for results?
I would not recommend this
Reviewed on May 26, 2015

So after desperately searching for natural products which would take away the dark spots on my face that appear after a pimple goes away I was recommended that I use lemon juice. I have light-ish brown skin (I'm Indian) so I unfortunately get spots after a pimple goes away. I heard that if you have dark skin you should not use lemon juice because it can cause spots to appear on your face but I still applied it on my face and I did not like it. My face was red and stung very badly. I had to stay away from the sunlight because if you go out in the sun with lemon juice it can burn your skin. Don't use this if you have sensitive skin like me. Personally, I just use honey and I think it works a lot better and doesn't hurt.

by skinexperiment on 06/03/2015 04:35
I'm a light skinned Indian as well, and your description of your skin sounds almost exactly like mine. I had the same problem as you in the beginning, but then I diluted the lemon in juice and kept it on for 10 minutes the first day and then washed it off. I kept on continuing until I would put it on straight from a lemon and leave it on overnight. Then, I would wash it off and put on sunscreen. It worked like a charm! Then my acne came back because I stopped doing that and started eating a ton of junk food. But I'm doing it again and I'm seeing results! I use honey and lemon to exfoliate my skin in the morning and it works pretty well!
Pretty damn good!
Reviewed on May 19, 2015

So I have been using pure lemon juice. Just cut it open squeeze the juice onto my fingers and apply. In just 3-4 days my hyper pigmentation/scarring from my acne definitely got lighter. Also, a few breakouts I saw coming in improved over the course of 2 nights. I think if you're consistent with this, every night before bed wake up wash it off, then it'll definitely help.

Perfect scar treatment!
Reviewed on January 27, 2015

THE STRUGGLE: I am only 19 and have tried antibiotics, proactive (and other big brands), etc. I turned to natural remedies when I didn't want to put anything I wouldn't eat in my body or topically. I used to only have very little acne so it was easy to heal my acne scars, but after laser hair removal, my acne became moderate/almost severe within a few weeks and i was not expecting that. After that, I was unable to stop the blemishes no matter what I tried. I tried honey, egg white, turmeric, oatmeal, apple cider vinegar, and many more home remedies. They did help me get rid of my acne significantly but the scars remained, darker than they've ever been (and i NEVER pop or even touch my pimples). I was confused since i was really good with leaving my skin alone.

EXPERIENCE: As time went on, I had lots and lots of dark scars but very little acne so i did my research and came across lemon on various websites. I finally gave it a try and the first two days, I kind of lost hope thinking this was just another thing that wouldn't work on my skin. But the third day came and I could see that there was a little difference, it was not much but my scars were DARK and I could tell that they were becoming lighter. During the first few days, it did burn for about 5 minutes when first putting it on but now I am about a week and a half in this routine and it does not sting as much as it used to.

PROGRESS: So now, a week and a half later, my acne scars are fading and luckily i didn't have any ice pick scars, large pores, or anything very permanent (my pores were only slightly larger) so my skin is close to where i want it to be. It's not there yet, but i can finally believe that i can see what I want soon.

ROUTINE: I put fresh lemon juice on all over my face, not only the effected areas since it does lighten skin in general. I put on fresh lemon juice first, for about 15 minutes every night before a shower and I am now keeping it on for 30 minutes, a week and a half in. I think I am going to keep it at 30 minutes for a while since i don't want to over dry and disrupt my skins natural pH level and my skin is also a little sensitive.

EXTRA: I tried the lemon juice during the week and on the weekend, I used a banana peel and rubbed the inside on my acne/scars 3 times a day, 30 minutes each time. By the time the weekend came to an end, all my active acne had minimized greatly or a lot completely vanished and the scars were fading (detailed review on the "Banana Peel Banana" treatment). But I think the banana peel helped more with the active acne than the lemon, but the lemon worked wonders on the scars.

UPDATE: I'm a month in this routine, and I have no new acne and my scars are so close to being all gone :) No new acne allows my older scars time to heal; its no point to treat the scars first if I'm just getting breakouts every few days and getting newer, darker scars so I focused on the banana treatment which helped a lot with active acne. As soon as I noticed that I wasn't getting new acne, I stopped the banana treatment and only do the lemon treatment now. You can't even notice my acne scars if I only put a little power on! My brown skin is now a very pretty light brown color because I put it all over my face, not only the effected areas.

this is a for sure life saver! My skin didn't even respond to antibiotics or to big branded products so I'm so glad i found something that is really cheap and super effective. Ill post more of my progress soon.

UPDATE #2: This helped greatly, my scars are completely gone and I haven't had a breakout in months. But I did end up getting lazy and tried the water only method so no moisturizer, treatments, toners, and soap. As much as this lemon treatment helped, I just couldn't keep up plus my acne and scars were gone so I had no reason to continue. Out of laziness I just stopped everything. If you want to read more about my water only experience, go to my review of the "Not washing or water only". And I am not saying that the lemon didn't work after a while because it worked wonders on my skin, but it does dry out the skin after using it for so long so I went to honey and lemon and that worked equally as great. But after that, I didn't need it anymore and I was happy with my new skin so I just got lazy and stopped everything. This actually gave me a chance to give my skin its natural moisture back along with a natural glow I have been getting compliments for my friends noticing my skin was clear, smooth, and bright. I do occasionaly use lemon as a "once every week or two" mask but not everyday. Hope I helped though. I know this is a bit confusing because I jump around from treatment to treatment, but out of all of them I would say a little honey and a lot of lemon did the trick for my scars.

by ShearGenous on 02/18/2015 10:36
Try Glycolic Acid 20% solution and follow manufacturer's direction, Tune Up is a good brand, don't spend over $20-25 per bottle
by Rose92 on 04/25/2015 19:25
please get in touch with me, I'd like to talk to you about your acne experience, what you do now etc. (my email is rrosee.asl@[link removed]). I would appreciate it.
by shivanidarji on 05/01/2015 22:30
Hi @Rose92 I cannot see the rest of your email, but I have just posted my update #2 and it is a lot different from my old regimen.
by Jenny155 on 05/04/2015 06:47
Hi, thanks for the review :) do you think lemon would work on leg scars too? I've got loads of them :(
by shivanidarji on 05/27/2015 00:58
Jenny155, I applied lemon on the scar of a mosquito bite and it lightened within days so I'm sure this will work on leg scars too :)
by chocoholicteen on 05/29/2015 13:04
Would it help in clearing acne scars that I gained by popping my pimples!? Actually, I usually get those pus filled,cyst like BIG pimples..So I had a habit Of popping them (removing the white hard part of the pus from the root) thinking that it would reduce their occurrence! Please please help me out! Would lemon suffice? Is there any other natural thing that I can try?!
by ChelseaOllie on 07/04/2015 15:07