Vitamin C Reviews

Vitamin C

So far so good

Good morning! I just want to briefly share my story regarding Vitamin C. Recently I treated myself to a medical spa, where I underwent a skin consultation, microdermabrasion, gold mask and oxygen facial. The specialist informed my that I had oily skin, for years I thought I had combination and the products I was using were just adding to my problems. I typically use natural products like African black soap, Apple cider vinegar to tone my skin , bentonite clay as a mask and Avacado oil to moisturize. She told me to get rid of the ACV & avocado oil but replace it with witch hazel and Argan oil. Now I must include I don't have acne prone skin (honestly assumed that as well) but I would just have occasional hormonal pimples and I use to pick them which led to acne scars and such. I was also recommended to take a vitamin C & Zinc suppliments with the other supplements that I usually take. For a while I was contemplating on incorporating more Vitamin C as I noticed when I consumed a lot of Vitamin C fruits and veggies it shows on my skin! So I've been taking 2 capsules of the Vitamin including zinc (one daily) and I stated this on the 15th of February and I've already noticed some amazing changes to my skin! Including the new regimen and treatment from the spa the suppliments have been doing wonders. The texture is improving, my little rashes from sun damage are disappearing and I have a lovely glow going on. Let me include that I have a pretty good diet, I've been a vegetarian since birth and in 2015 I transitioned to being a vegan which contributes to my skin. I also drink about 3 liters of water a day. So I definitely can say what you take inside helps with the outside. I will be posting an update after a month including what products I use for my skin. Thank you and hope this helps any of you in your skincare journey

Comments

Fantastic at the right dosage...

My diet isn't the greatest (don't eat enough fruit and veg) and I don't think I get enough vitamin C. To combat the common cold, bruising easily and improving my immune system I started to eat kiwi fruit (1 or 2 a day) which is high in vitamin C and I noticed a remarkable improvement in my skin and it clicked! Maybe I just need more vitamin C in my diet. I didn't always feel like eating kiwis every day so got Vitamin C chewables at 1000mg each. Took one-a-day for a week but I think the dosage was far too high! I had to keep urinating and pretty certain I got a UTI. Thankfully had some antibiotics on hand to get rid of it. Plus I used to get terrible headaches and I'm sure this was because of the vitamin C. I have a very small frame and am under 5ft so I figured I would limit the amount of vitamin C and got a lower dosage for kids. So now I take 2x 80mg chewables and have been doing so for nearly a year, I could probably take more but don't think it's necessary. My acne has improved remarkably. Overall thoughts: It doesn't hurt to take vitamin C. I'm pretty certain it has contributed to my skin looking a lot better, I don't get as many spots on my forehead. I've also changed my face cleansing routine so maybe that is also a positive factor. Less sugar/dairy in my diet too!

Great for Cystic Acne

I've recently made a post about how I got my severe cystic acne (almost) under complete control. I mentioned that sheet masks have helped tremendously for my breakouts and the overall health of my skin. There's two brands of sheet masks I've used that are specifically vitamin c masks and they're definitely some of my favorites. There's a brand called Andalou and their Instant Brighten & Tighten vitamin c mask is my ultimate favorite. Soo Ae also has a good vitamin c mask, but it's a little thicker than some people with acne might feel okay using (I've used it without a problem, but I don't usually tend to get regular acne, mainly cystic, but sometimes I'll get a flare up of reg acne that I know is hormonal). Not only does vitamin c help prevent/reduce breakouts, but vitamin c is anti aging and is helping my skin heal after years of neglecting it. I hope to find a good vitamin c daily moisturizer sometime soon.

vitamin c and zinc

I don't know about topical vitamin c but I've been taking redoxon 1000mg for 10 days along with zinc and it has made a noticeable difference. Make sure you eat before taking zinc because it might cause nausea etc.. (been there). However I also mix water and sea salt and let it sit on my face overnight every two days. It also makes my skin very dry so I moisturize with 100% pure shea butter every morning. I'm far from being completely cleared up but so far, so good.

Comments

topical vitamin c works best

I read that putting vitamin c on your face works better than taking supplements. I found an inexpensive vitamin C serum: [link removed] It's supposed to be used in the morning but I use it at night, too. My skin's a lot smoother. I've been using it about 6 months.

Please name that serum and suggest where to buy, thanks a million!

Helped with overall smoothness of skin

I always forgot to take my vitamin C after my other supplements. Around my jaw, I had a lot of small rough bumps & pimples. In one of my school assignments, I read about a woman who would eat lots of citrus for her complexion. I thought, 'I have vitamin C in the fridge, it's the same concept, it shouldn't hurt, right'? Well a few days later I realised that my skin (with the exception of a few pimples) was smooth!! It did help with *some* of the pimples on my jaw but its biggest help was getting rid of the small bumps (they were like bumps you'd get from makeup but I hadn't worn makeup around that time). It may or may not work for you but there's no harm in trying vitamin C. I take 2000 mg a day.

Really awesome so far

I've been taking 2000 mg per day of vitamin c I already see results and it's been nearly one week.Iam also using it with Benzaclin that the docter prescribed me my face is 80% clear and my post acne marks/ hyperpigmentation is 80% gone. Vitamin c is good for overall health and is amazing at fighting acne,post acne marks, and uneven skin tone.

Comments

best product for acne and scars

vitamin c tablets are also very good for skin if any ne have acne and scars better to take vitamin c chewable tablets or take this vitamin c powder since from 1year i've suffered with this acne and scars but when i startedto take these tablets ..you wont belive within 1 month my skin got cleared and now haha ..i feel im so good

Hi, Can u please tell me about ur dose of vitamin c per day? did u take anything else with vitamin c?

review for Perque brand ( buffered ascorbate powder, vitamin C powder)

I started taking this vitamin C powder as recommedned by a naturopathic physician. I have acne since 14 years old, this is the first time my face is totally cleared. amazing!

Worked but....

This worked great and fast. I was taking between 1000-2000mg daily. Soon I came to realize vitamin c raises your blood sugar and after about a week it gave me the worse BV and yeast infection I have ever had. Needless to say that was the end of that.

Comments

amazing with other supplement intake

i take vitamin c 5 grams a day with 100mg zinc,2400iu vitamin a,1200mg fish oil(with 2000 vitamin d in d3 form) and 200mcg selenium a day although its probably best to take all the supplements i just listed here and maybe more but the only think that really helped me and not just make minor improvements was vitamin c zinc and vit a taken together it will reduce the inflammation caused by acne and dry up your skin so no(or extremely little) sebum will be produced drastically reducing acne another amazing part of the combination is that scars heal very fast

Comments

Everyone should tak Vit C.

You can't take to much! Prevent a lot of things that can cause acne! Healthy Do not work against acne (at least for me) It does not help against acne, in most cases (maybe it will for some), and it did not help me either. But you can't take to much Vitamin C. The worst that can happen is diarrhea, and that is if you take a lot. Vitamin C is really healthy! I take 400-600 mg a day, and that has not helped with acne. I do recommend trying, though!

Comments

Faster results with with zinc

You feel good Makes you lift heavier Speeds up healing You attract too many girls :/ You last quicker in sex :( After 3 weeks of using this it helped speed up everything along with improving my skin and healing the acne scars. It usually kicks in around your blood stream after 2 - 3 weeks for it to immediately start working, to speed up the results with acne scarring take it at night therefore it works better as you sleep with 35mg Zinc tablets with 1000mg Vitamin C tablets. It cleared up my skin immediately!

Zinc is good for health? is there any side effect? and one more qunstion how many days did u take zinc with vitamin c?
Guest Fred
Guest Fred

- Tasty - Speeds up healing a little - Reduces symptoms of common cold - Bad for teeth - Upset stomach - Not very useful for acne Very useful if you are looking for something that alleviates symptoms of the common cold or to spee up healing, but not useful regarding acne.

"You were wrong dude read some blog ok. Some of the doctor say that it will help your skin.
Guest Lilia
Guest Lilia

It REALLY clears up acne, but.. (see the bottom line) Normally one cannot overdose, however it's better to consult a doctor I was feeling a bit sick and couldn't allow myslef to get down, so i took 1000 mg (2 pills x500mg) of vitamine C and aspirine before going to sleep. When I woke up in the morning, the first thing I saw was my face being calmed down and acne cleared up. So I asked myself - what could cause that (because NOTHING worked before) and realised that maybe vitamine C (but not 60mg... 1000mg!), so I continued to take 1000 mg 2 times per day and after two days my friends started to ask me what I did with my face because it looked way better. Now it's 5th day of 2g dose and my face is almost clear.

Comments

At the 99cent store (; Brightens skin (not oily) (brightens in a good way) makes skin smoother Strength lightening red marks helps with inflammation produces collagen I only been using it for a week hasnt cleared up acne I take it orally not topically. I have more red marks (ALOT) than i have pimples. Its fading the marks. ! I suggest taking it with something else like vitamin E or A . (:

Guest Leila
Guest Leila

For topical applications only (use powder form and dilute with water- make new batch everyday) - brightens complexion - lessens red acne scars - slowly fills in pitted acne scars -takes a while to work I originally started taking vitamin c supplements to stimulate collagen production and fill in the pitted scars that i have left over from acne. But, I never saw any noticeable results. I recently read that topical application of vitamin c can also stimulate collagen. BUT vitamin C degrades very easily in lotions and serums. So pharmaceutical companies have to add a lot of preservatives to them to make the vitamin c stable, hence the expensive price. Even with the expensive stuff, vitamin c can degrade very easily. A great alternative that I've found is this: buy vitamin c in powder form (ascorbic acid)- dilute in water and apply to face. This is the freshest form of vitamin c that you could ever get (aside from fruits). Since vitamin c is so unstable i make a new batch everyday. I've honestly seen great results with this. My red spots are fading and and my pitted scars are not so deep anymore.

Hi - I'm curious about using the vit c powder, what ration of vit c and water did you use. Ive just bought a huge tub and dunno how start using it. Do you apple all over your face or just to the scars..how long before you saw any results. do you have cystic/hormonal acne..Im using Manuka Honey and take a bunch of supplements..thanks for your advise. I have tired so many things - now something new - lets see what happens. I know your post is old, if you happen to check this - how are your scars now? Have they healed? Thanks :)
sara5- I use this method too and usually its a teaspoon (5g) of vit C diluted in 10 level tsp of hot water.

Repairs dry or damaged skin Rejuvenates skin Helps irritation Helps eliminate redness or swelling Doesn't assist in acne treatment HOWEVER does NOT clog pores or causes breakouts If your skin feels irritated and is red or itchy, Vitamin C can help hydrate and heal your skin.

Comments

None. It doesn't do anything. Why does this have such a high rating? It doesn't do anything. Just look at the pros people said: "glowing skin", "feeling lively", "good for immune system". No one says it helps clear their skin, they just say irrelevant things. THIS DOES NOT CLEAR YOUR SKIN. Stop wasting your time reading about vitamin c and go search the message boards for things like zinc and taurine. For some reason all of the people who know anything only post on the message boards, and not in the product reviews.

"So your saying some of doctors were wrong? heh
did you try this on yourself before writing a review. rubbish review.

Popular Vitamins/Supplements