Removing a single acne scar using punch techniques may cost from $250 to over $750. Your medical insurance is unlikely to cover the cost of punch techniques, which are considered cosmetic procedures.
The total cost of punch technique procedures depends on multiple factors, such as:
- Geographic location of medical facility: The same procedure is cheaper in some cities and countries than in others.
- Physician’s experience: Doctors who have more experience with punch techniques may charge a higher price. When it comes to invasive procedures on the face, it’s worth it to pay more for a more experienced doctor.
- Number of scars to be treated: The more scars you need to treat, the higher the price is likely to be.
- Distance between acne scars: Treating scars that are very close together in the same session may lead to excessive traction (skin tightness) and may cause the stitches to split. Therefore, scars that are very close together should be treated during separate sessions. This will increase the total cost.
- Punch technique used: Punch excision and punch elevation are generally cheaper than punch grafting.
Ask multiple doctors for their price estimates before scheduling a treatment.