Toothpaste Reviews

Toothpaste

Dries it out

doesnt get rid of it completely but it definitely shrinks as it is dried out

Does toothpaste not leave dark scars after use I've been using it and it left me with hyperpigmentation .Is care witch hazel from drugstore a good treatment to get rid of pimples without leaving scarring

Not for me

I don't know if I'm using the wrong toothpaste but I've tried oralB and an organic toothpaste that uses tea tree and aloe Vera and neither have worked and only shrunk the spot a little or made it bigger and ready for popping which I try and avoid

Comments

Can be effective but DO NOT use a whitening brand!

I have tried this technique on and off over the years. The cheaper the better I say- cheaper toothpastes don't have all the whitening ingredients and chemicals that some big brands contain. I do find the technique uncomfortable though. It dries awkwardly and makes me very aware of how many spots I have! I would recommend using tiny quantities, right before bed for results overnight. These results are temporary however and I would say there are better alternatives out there.

made skin worse

I tried using whatever brand of generic toothpaste that's sold at costco and it made me breakout. But I think the effectiveness has to do more with how minty the toothpaste is. The kind I used isn't super minty, like after brushing my teeth drinking water isn't super cold. And when I used it as a spot treatment, it turned inflamed red bumps into big whiteheads overnight. I've used toothpaste in the past that was really minty and it definitely didn't make my acne worse. Just check what kind of toothpaste you're using. I'd test it on a small zit that's in a less noticeable area before going ham on the rest of your face.

Reduces puffiness

I like toothpaste a lot. But you have to remember to use non-gel and non-colored. Toothpaste works with the swelling and redness. If I see a new pimple coming along, then before I go to bed I put some on it, and wash it off in the morning, and it works really well. I suggest using Tom's toothpaste. One time I used colgate and crest and it did absolutely nothing for me.

Comments

Works for Oilier skin types more than Drier.

I mentioned this before but I have studied skin and although I'm not a dermatologist or anything special since studying this and applying my knowledge to my own skin it's been so much better! In what I learnt is that your skin is all about balance. If you have naturally oily skin, your skin will try to keep itself that way because that's it's normal happy place. Using products that dry it out may work for you in getting rid of acne/pimples but there's a simple step people believe they shouldn't take. And that's applying moisturiser. Moisturiser is incredibly important and for some people this mightn't be the case because everyone is different but on a general scale and for the majority of people this will be the case. No matter your skin type, you should still be applying moisturiser, particularly if you are using products that dry your skin out (toothpaste- why we're here). Your skin wants to balance itself and if you use a product that dries it out your skin (again, toothpaste), it will freak out and produce crazy amounts of more oil and cause even more redness and swelling just so it can get back to that 'happy' place. Just think balance with your skin and if you use this toothpaste trick remember your moisturiser, even if your skin is crazy oily! Again, some people this may not work with as not everyone's skin can be directly thrown into a category and be expected to be the exact same as everyone else's, but for most of you this will. For people with dry skin, toothpaste (as mentioned quite a lot in these reviews) is not recommended :-( but try products specifically aimed at dry skin. The best one I've ever used for myself (might just work for you) when I get dry skin in the winter is Garnier goodbye dry! milk cream cleanser. I realise this review isn't quite as directed at toothpaste but hopefully it helps people :-) Another tip for washing your face regards your skin type is to pay attention to the type of cleanser you're using. For example- with oily skins, using foams or gels will aid and you'll be fine to use them because they dry out more than others. But for dry skins, using milk cleansers and creams will aid better as they produce more moisture and give your skin the ability to hold more moisture, provided you find the right one for you. Hope this helps.

You keep talking about skin being about balance. Then you said that oily skin "wants" to stay oily(that's not balanced), but you say that you should still use moisturizer which adds moisture to the skin. If your skin is all about balance, then, according to your theory, you should use things that dry out the skin - things that don't add moisture. I think you're confused. You should not try to keep oily skin oily and that is not a "happy" condition for your skin. The oil is a big cause of acne/pimples. When oil is released its released as whole cells(not just oil) which contain organelles. Bacteria "feed" on those organelles which results in pimples. You should use products that reduce the oil on your face and oil-free light moisturizers. At least you acknowledged that you're no expert.

Great on a blind pimple

I have used toothpaste on a blind pimple. Leave it on overnight. It'll come to a head. If the pus comes out gently push the rest out, but you'll have to get the solid creamy color plug out. If it's not out, the pimple will return again.

classic

I've been using toothpaste on my acne since I was in 6th grade, and it really have never done anything for me, now that I look back on it. I would put it on with the intention of reducing the size or redness of my acne, but then I would take it off and my acne would be the same. I've tried several brands but none seem to work.

It frickin works.

Obviously you should only use a simple more mint or white paste. Don't be stupid, don't use Colgate or any cinnamon flavored toothpaste. I recommend crest. I put it on at night or I put it on in the day if the pimples are painful. The toothpaste removes the pimple and reduces swelling and pain. There is a huge be. S. Campaign out to smear this in home treatment. Funded by the manufacturers of acne treatments, benzoyl peroxide, and by dermatologists.

NEVER DO THIS!!!!!!!!!

Toothpaste may dry out your pimples and work in the short run. But some chemicals in the toothpaste may cause you're face to get oily and break out. So in the long run it will make your acne / pimples worse! Pimples may even turn to full acne and damage your skin permanently! NEVER EVER DO THIS!!!

That just means you are having an allergic reaction to the toothpaste
I've studied skin and I feel like the best way around this to prevent further breakouts is once this pimple has gone from the toothpaste apply moisturiser as soon as possible. This way the goodness of the moisturiser will reset the skin back to its happy place where it isn't confused and decides to create more oil. Your skin is trying its best to maintain a certain balance between dry and oily, but sometimes it'll produce more if it thinks it's too dry, which, with toothpaste it obviously will be :-) So toothpaste and moisture up! :)
Also, the chemicals in toothpaste aren't even really supposed to be going near your skin, so the original postee has a point. But an allergic reaction is super possible too, again because the products inside toothpaste aren't for your skin, lol but people are going to do it anyway, that's just why I wrote how to aid along with the toothpaste :-)

Works for certain people

I have oily skin. The toothpaste is suppose to dry out pimples. If you have dry skin or even normal skin, I don't recommend this. It could make your skin more dry. It has worked for me and my pimples have become less red and shrunken. Only apply a small thin layer.

Be Careful

Applying toothpaste seems to be a good idea and helps reduce acne but you need to make sure it is suitable for you because I burnt my skin using Colgate toothpaste and dried up my skin and took me almost a week to get back to normal and step outside my house.

Comments

depends on your skin type

Toothpaste has worked for me, I have normal to oily skin and when I feel a pimple lump I put toothpaste on before bed and by morning the pimple comes out to the surface, then I gently pop the swollen pore, your not suppose to pop pimples, but I know people still go for it. The toothpaste makes it easier to remove the nasty pimple whitehead lump thing without irritating your skin too much. Everyone has different skin maybe it will work if you have my type of skin.

User476825

Warning about irritation!!

Although toothpaste can dry out spots, it generally causes over drying. Because of this, your body responds by producing oil to compensate resulting in increased risk for more spots. I made this mistake of applying toothpaste every night. since I stopped my spots are less aggravated and my skin doesn't dry out too much.

Comments

The worst treatment ever!!!!

This is terrible! It did nothing to my pimple or acne. It just made it more painful,red and irritated. Also If by chance you happen to apply it anywhere on your facial skin other your acne area you will break out terribly! Please don't you this.

Comments

Please don't ever do this, EVER!

I don't know why i even attempted this. I should have known better. I put this on my face and now i have a huge chemical burn on my face that is probably going to take months, maybe even years to go away. I literally cried for 2 hours straight after seeing my face. Its horrible. Please don't ever do this to your face, it might work for some people, but its not worth the risk in my opinion. Just go get some benzoyl peroxide from the drugstore and use that instead.

Same just happened tomenim gutted. My skin has dried out and a massive burn mark in the middle of it. I only dabbed it on a pimple on my cheek area and left overnight and now this hurrendous mark. I jave spinal surgery in the morning and I am not allowed makeup on!!! Gonna look great that mark. I agree never do this ever because I certainly won't be x

great for OCD pickers to resist touching face at home

the toothpaste treatment is not a miracle at fighting acne, so don't count on this as your no. 1 cure because it isn't really that effective, it may however help some pimples dry out/ surface but it only really worked on my most superficial acne. The best way toothpaste actually helped me was that it made me resist touching my face because I couldn't see any of my blemishes and that definitely saved me a lot of scars as back then I was a major OCD picker and just couldn't leave my face alone. So thanks toothpaste. just a little warning: when in-doors expect to receive strange looks and remarks from curious family members. Oh and before you leave to go somewhere, make sure you have cleaned everything off properly!

works

You just have to use cotton swabs to apply a "dot" on top the pimple. Just make sure that you've wash you face (pat it dry) before application. You can leave the toothpaste overnight. Not for sensitive skin. PS. Try it at your own risk though. For Dark marks left by the dried acne. Try using lemon or calamansi juice. Apply as if you would an astringent. Leave it for 10-15mins. Wash it off then apply moisturizer :)

Popular Household/Natural