Dermalogica : Special Cleansing Gel

Brand:
Reviews
3.6
76 Reviews

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract (Lavender), Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm) Leaf, Quilaja Saponaria Bark, Essential Oil of Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender), PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

34.2%
27.6%
18.4%
6.6%
13.2%

Used Dermalogica : Special Cleansing Gel? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
January 1, 2013

Pros:

No Scent
Not Oily/Creamy

Cons:

Expensive

Nice cleanser that leave skin fresh and never really dry. If left on the skin for too long can become drying over time. No scent is nice, and the gel doesnt feel greasy

2 user(s) found this helpful

November 27, 2011

Pros:

Very gentle
No smell or colours.
felt very refreshing
large bottle

Cons:

Stopped working after a while
Drys skin
very expensive
Needs to be used with other Dermalogica products to be effective
Doesn't totally clear acne.

I got though one bottle of this stuff and I was amazed by how good it was. So obviously I bought another bottle - which disappointed me. The second bottle of the very same product didn't work very well.
April 8, 2010

Pros:

Nice clean packaging.
Pleasant natural smell.
leaves skin feeling clean and not over dried.
highly concentrated (it will last a long time)
Doesn't seem to irritate my skin

Cons:

Hmm initial cost (although i feel this one bottle will last around 3-4 months)

I was prescribed to use this Special Cleansing Gel and the Active Moist by the local skin specialist, and so far these two products have not shown much improvement to my acne, with that said it also hasn't caused any redness or drying and my acne has seemed to stop hurting. As well it has made my skin less bumpy and dry. I just hope that with continued use these products will start to improve my acne. Its still early days!

17 user(s) found this helpful

December 16, 2009

Pros:

I used the Intensive Moisture Balance Cream. I was VERY pleased with this product because it cleared up my dry skin. I have dry, flaky, oily skin around my T-zone, and it clears up after each use. I apply it after I cleanse my face with a soap bar.

Cons:

A little on the pricy side.

This product is VERY useful and it was definetly worth the $56.00 I paid at my local airport. I have combination skin (dry and oily) and this product instantly cured my problems. I apply it twice a day and have no reactions to this product. FOR ANYONE WHO IS DECIDING ON PURCHASING THIS PRODUCT, I STRONGLY RECOMMEND IT. :D

12 user(s) found this helpful

July 16, 2009

Pros:

Removes oils, dirt, etc

Cons:

Expensive

I'm not sure why the dermalogica products are so expensive, but they work. I'm sure there's cheaper alternatives, but my mom buys them. They definitely cleanse your face w/o being too drying.
March 10, 2009

Pros:

This product does work. i have sensitive skin as well as adult acne and although a little drying in places it has been succussful. it also feels very good on the skin.

Cons:

Not available everywhere. i buy dermalogica online.

If this dermalogica product suits your skin you need to make it part of your dailygrooming routine. you can not use it sporadically as it does not work that way.

6 user(s) found this helpful

September 22, 2008

Pros:

It works, I had acne and this is the only product that has worked for my skin, and I have used everything from proactiv.

Cons:

If you stop using it, it seems like some pimples appear again.
It is pricey so try out the package first and if it works buy the whole line.

IT WORKS. ITS WORTH IT. I've tried to convince my friends with really bad acne problems.
June 18, 2008

Pros:

HUGE amount of hydration, no added oil; skin feels soft and fresh after use, doesn't leave any residue at all

Cons:

Pricey, comes in a very small bottle

I use this product after my normal skin care regimen (Proactiv) because my face feels so dry and crackly all the time. This product is just what I was looking for: a great moisturizer without extra oil.

1 user(s) found this helpful

January 12, 2008

Pros:

skin feels great after you use it
smells nice
works good if you have little acne

Cons:

it made my face (acne), not worse, or better.
my face still looks exactly the same.
it's expensive

overall, i would recommend this product if you have little acne, it's not good for bad acne.
October 10, 2007

Pros:

I have used the cleansing gel for about 2 weeks and I can feel a slight difference. It keeps my face well mosturized. I'm going to start using the active moisturinzing cream in combination. I will keep you guys posted

Cons:

its quite expensive.

You face feels fresh you get rid of impurities diminishes acne. I understand why it might not work with people with severe acne but those who have moderate, even if it does not work to reduce acne it is great on you face. Try it!