Dermalogica : Special Cleansing Gel

Brand:
Reviews
3.6
76 Reviews

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract (Lavender), Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm) Leaf, Quilaja Saponaria Bark, Essential Oil of Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender), PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

34.2%
27.6%
18.4%
6.6%
13.2%

Used Dermalogica : Special Cleansing Gel? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
August 18, 2011

Pros:

Gentle
Cleared up some acne
Mild smell
Reduces redness
Lasts ages
Soft skin

Cons:

Dry skin
Expensive
Doesn't remove make up

Very gentle and has a mild smell, which is good for sensitive skin. It's a bit pricey but lasts for ages. Helped to clear some of my acne after a few weeks. Unfortunately it doesn't cleanse well enough to remove make up.

2 user(s) found this helpful

October 30, 2009

Pros:

Nice packaging, doesn't smell too bad.

Cons:

This contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate, which is comedogenic. (Having read the rest of the reviews I'm now also concerned that I might be allergic to it!)

I suspect it was the dosage of Sodium Laureth Sulfate that did it, but I had quite a severe reaction to this product. Within a few days my skin was tight and dry, then I had a really bad breakout all over my face (when my spots are usually just on my chin). When I stopped using it my skin cleared up again within a week. I thought I'd write up my experience so other people can be careful when using it - maybe it's best to test it in small amounts on your skin before you start using it just in case! Dermalogica are a great brand and have some fantastic products, unfortunately though this isn't one of them.

15 user(s) found this helpful

September 14, 2009

Pros:

it makes your skin feel soft and clean. after a couple of days your skin is clear

Cons:

it is very expensive and if you use too much each day it can run out quickly

it is worth using the products

1 user(s) found this helpful

March 20, 2009

Pros:

Clean refreshed feeling.

Cons:

Not consistent.

It does the duties and clean my skin but somedays I still break out and somedays my skin is clear. Its an okay product!

1 user(s) found this helpful

February 27, 2009

Pros:

My skin was hydrated and felt smooth the first two days. It was refreshing and my skin seemed more pliable.

Cons:

I broke out in little tiny bumps all over after two days. It started near my eyes and then my entire face was covered in what appeared to be almost like impetigo like bumps. It was itchy and my skin was the worst it's ever been.

I believe that there is some type of mega allergin in this product because I've read some other reviews that are very similiar to mine. The only other thing I could think is that this is not a product for adult sensitive skin. I believe it to be allergy though...I did a mini allergy test on my arm w/ all products from the sample kit and the biggest reaction was from the face wash and the mosturizers. My face burned a little when I used the toner.

3 user(s) found this helpful

June 13, 2008

Pros:

It feels good going on the skin, and very light.

Cons:

my skin produces more blackheads than ever before. My adult acne is worse than high school.

I've been using Dermalogica's Medibac line for six months- including 7 Medibac facials at the salon. I have very sensitive skin. My skin looks worse than ever! I would not recommend this product to adults with sensitive skin or severe acne

4 user(s) found this helpful

April 8, 2008

Pros:

My face wasn't oily at all throughout the day. The cleanser is gentle enough for everyday use.

Cons:

I purchased the kit and one of the products makes my face itch. Nonstop.

If you're already on a skin system that works for you, stick with it. Switching it up like I did will only irritate your skin! 40 dollars isn't worth all this itchiness.

2 user(s) found this helpful

August 8, 2007

Pros:

Good packaging, feels food on your skin

Cons:

Made me break out worse, made my face extremely tight after using. Expensive.

Dont use if you have sensitive skin!!!
June 13, 2007

Pros:

My face never dried out. Always moist.

Cons:

This gel NEVER worked for me. I paid $116.00 for NOTHING. My face has never looked this bad. Not since High School. I will never buy this product again.

Terrible. I was talked into buying this product for over $100 and it made my skin WORSE!! I refuse to take my picture. I avoid cameras. It's embarrassing. I can't believe this product. TERRIBLE. I had better luck with Proactiv. Now, I'm using Arbonne. Hopefully, something will reverse the affects of Dermalogica. And just for the record, I used this product correctly. Following the instructions given to me by my dermatologist. :(

3 user(s) found this helpful