Acne.org : Moisturizer with Licochalcone

Brand:
Reviews
2.9
518 Reviews

Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

30.7%

Used Acne.org : Moisturizer with Licochalcone? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
January 11, 2023
Need The Old Formula Back
Like everyone else is saying, the new formula of the moisture is horrible. It burns my skin when I put it on after the treatment is fully dry. It does not keep my skin hydrated. I really miss the old moisturizer because it was the perfect combination and I wish the company would go back to it. I’ve been a customer for years and it saddens me that I now have to go back on the search for something that with help my acne and skin.
February 5, 2023
I think this might all be in your head (not just you but these other people as well). It's true the white one doesn't moisturize but neither does the yellow one and how should we expect it to? It doesn't even contain glycerin which is one of the most common moisturizing ingredients. Both the white and yellow one also cause a burning sensation for me and I don't even use BP. In other words they're both not good.
January 8, 2023
Gonna look for other brands for moisturiser
Been using this product for nearly 10 yrs now. Absolutely hate the new moisturiser. It’s very cakey. Feels like a toothpaste in my face or worse. Please change it back to the old formula. I’m not gonna buy this one anymore. Will be looking for other brand moisturiser now. Will be back to this brand again if it’s changed to the old one coz it used to be great calming thin soft moisturiser
January 3, 2023
Formula change is awful
I have used the entire acne.org regime for 3 years now. It entirely cleared my face from TERRIBLE acne that covered my entire face. The new formula change for the moisturizer is awful. I thought my skin would adjust to the change and that it wouldn't be too different from the original yellow formula. I was wrong. This new formula is way too thick and does not soak into my skin, I have struggled with huge breakouts once again without changing anything else in my routine. I'm glad to see that others have felt the same way as I thought it was just me. Unless the formula is changed back I don't think I'll be buying this product again.
January 16, 2023
The only thing he did was add a different licochalcone that was not tinted so that it wouldn't potentially stain clothing or pillow cases, etc. I don't experience the issues people are claiming. I have made a few comments elsewhere under other bad ratings as pertains to their complaints and what I do in my routine that I think might help.
January 21, 2023
No I have to agree with cathy. I liked the new yellow moisturizer, it was unfortunate so many complained simply cause it was yellow. The new white one, is cakey and more oily feeling, and smells weird. Perhaps a different licochalcone can make that big of a difference? Lucky it doesn't burn me, but I still feel it on my skin 20 minutes later like a film...not good.
December 26, 2022
WHY?!?!?
Absolutely loved the yellow moisturizer - used it loyally for 7-8 years. Ordered 2 more bottles recently, unaware of the formula change. When I got it, there was a slip in the box saying you removed whatever made it yellow due to complaints - well here’s to me complaining, that this new stuff is not at all the same. The yellow stuff was perfect - light, very moisturizing but not thick, could barely feel it on my skin after it absorbed, which was quickly. Gave my skin a nice constant glow, etc. This new formula is much thicker, feels like it’s constantly clogging my pores, my skin doesn’t look the same after it’s applied compared to applying the yellow moisturizer, I’ve broken out for the first time in ages since starting to use it - there has been no other changes to my routine. I don’t know why it was changed, apparently because there were complaints of the yellow color? Well I’d expect for you to get x20 the amount of complaints about this product being much different and an overall bad product and absolutely incomparable to the old formula. And great for you guys because I just purchased 2 of the largest bottles of it with no way to return it. I’ve no other immediate option to turn to for my skin, as this regime is all I’ve known for a long long time. Very disappointing, honestly feels like I’d been let down in the biggest way by a close friend. Not even a heads up before spending hundreds of dollars on this “new formula”. I could’ve just went to the drugstore and bought ceraVe if I wanted a thick white moisturizer instead of spending hundreds on this without even knowing it was changed, for the worst. Speaking of spending I’ve literally spend thousands of dollars with you over these years, and feel as though you should know I, among I would assume many others, have just been set back to day one because of this shit. Thanks!!!!! Unbelievable. I would be giving a zero or negative star review if you allowed that to be on your website… Dan as someone who said they developed this regimen because you had acne and no where else to turn, you should know how this would feel….. horrendous.
January 16, 2023
There is no way on earth it is the cause of pore clogging. The moisturizer is the same exact thing other than the licochalcone. All Daniel did was change the type he included in the formula because it was yellow and it could cause a yellow tint to occur on white fabrics you would come in contact with throughout the day. I don't experience anything that any of the people leaving back reviews are saying. Please consider that there are many, many reasons for acne breakouts and something else might have changed to cause the issue you are claiming.
December 16, 2022
TERRIBLE
terrible. I don't know why they switched off the old formula. the new one made me break out horribly.
January 16, 2023
This does not happen with me. I am not sure what the issue is that people are having. All Dan did was change the licochalcone that he used in the formula.
November 15, 2022
New formula is very bad for the skin

This new thick white formula is so bad that it is making my clear skin breakout with rash all over my face. Please stop selling this product to customer. This is not the same Yellow moisturizer we used for years. This is so deplorable to have you change to a very bad moisturizer that is causing acne on my face. I am so disappointed.

November 7, 2022
New formula is disappointing

The old formula for this lotion was absolutely perfect for my oily, sensitive skin. This new lotion is thick and heavy, my skin does not absorb it well.  I wake up with clogged pores on my forehead and cheeks now. I’m so disappointed and have had to start looking elsewhere for something that will work.

November 2, 2022
Too bad…

I?ve been using this for A LONG TIME and like others I have to make a review.  Dan, your regimen has been the only thing that?s ever cleared my acne!  The moisturizer was thin and absorbs well!  I wasn?t ever afraid to put more on.  This new bottle (bought last month) is white in color, thick like Cerave moisturizing cream, and it feels very heavy on my skin.  My skin feels like it has a layer of film on it and the product pills in the morning (balls up) when I wipe my finger across my face.  I?ve got horrible cystic acne in places I don?t normally have (my neck, middle of cheeks, by ears near hairline) and a red rash near my ears (see picture).  I only ever use the Regimen and the moisturizer is the only thing that?s different.  Also, has anyone else noticed the awful smell?  I tried to ignore it, but it smelled like liquid fermenting at the bottom of a trash can when I first opened it.  It makes me sad to see so many negative reviews, and even more sad to write one.  Dan!  Please change it back!  You?ve helped countless people struggling with acne MYSELF included!  I want to cry because this is the only thing that has worked for me and now I?m thinking about tossing it in the bin.

image.jpg

October 16, 2022
Acne and Stinging Why?

I just bought the acne.org lotion for the first time and I got the biggest bottle.  Up until recently I was afraid to add a separate moisturizer into my regimine.  I have been very happy with the BP and the AHA from acne.org.  Since adding the lotion I've started breaking out and like others have mentioned it is causing stinging.  I never used the old formulation but I'm back to using no moisturizer.

October 15, 2022
Why did the formula change?

Similar to many other reviews here, I have been an avid Acne.Org regimen user for the better part of a decade. It is the ONLY cleanser, moisturizer, and treatment I have used since 2014, and that is not an exaggeration (I briefly tried a Cetafil cleanser to save money for about a month and my acne came back so I returned to the regimen and never looked back). After seeing everyone else's reviews here, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is having issues with the new moisturizer's formulation. I just opened a new bottle of the moisturizer after finishing a bottle with the old (yellow) formula. I initially thought I got sent a mislabeled bottle of the Benzoyl Peroxide because that was the look and consistency of the new moisturizer. I put it on and it was sticky, so strongly scented, and burned. And not like sometimes my skin burns because I put my treatment on too quickly after showering, like felt like a chemical peel BURNED for hours. My skin burned and felt so tight and dry that I was convinced I applied a heaping amount of Benzoyl Peroxide and not moisturizer. I don't know what happened or why the formula was changed but it is so so so incredibly disappointing after having felt like I found the holy grail in the old yellow formula. If the creators are reading the reviews (and I would hope they are) PLEASE consider offering the old formulation as an option to your loyal customers. I have such incredibly sensitive, acne-prone skin that the slightest change in my skincare routine will send my skin into a downward spiral which is why I can assure you, not a THING in my routine has changed within the past 2 years or so (had to add in some anti-wrinkle serums, hi thirties!) to make this moisturizer behave the way it did on my skin, unless something drastic happened within the formulation. Please creators, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring the old version back as an option. I'm quite literally BEGGING.

(I'm also editing to add in that when I started using these products in 2014, I read on this website that the yellow color was because of the licorice root being used in these products and to beware of moisturizers that are white in color because it means the moisturizer has been unnecessarily altered to have a whiter color. Seems odd that now the moisturizer is white...?)