Acne.org : AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

Brand:

6.1%

Used Acne.org : AHA+ (Glycolic Acid – 10%)? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
December 4, 2011

Pros:

Reduces red post-acne marks
Calms skin
Reduces scarring
Evens out skin tone
Cheap
Calms irritated/inflamed skin

Cons:

Stings a bit
Thick and sticky if you use too much

This stuff is great. I've noticed a big improvement in my skin since I started using it. I use it every night instead of a moisturizer. It doesn't make pimples disappear overnight, but I find that if I start applying it regularly on those deep, painful pimples as soon as they start to form, then they'll gradually disappear over a week and never get too red or large. Basically, they don't get too noticeable and they don't get to the point when I get self-conscious about them. That's pretty good! I've had a lot of problems with post-acne red marks on my skin and the AHA really evened out my skin tone and reduced my scarring. The only downside is that it's a bit too thick and sticky to wear under makeup. If you're using it with any other skin products, it'll have to be the last thing that you put on. It stings a bit sometimes, but I have very sensitive, fair skin and I haven't had any irritation. I use it all over my face, even on areas that don't break out (like my cheeks) and I have had comments from people that I look less tired, and healthier. Overall, it's a fantastic product. Thank you so much, Dan!!

8 user(s) found this helpful

November 27, 2011

Pros:

- got rid of extremely dry skin
- helps prevent new acne from forming
- helped to get rid of red marks/to heal scars
- relatively inexpensive
- improves overall texture of skin

Cons:

- can sting a TINY bit

When I started using the benzoyl peroxide on my face, it cleared my skin but made it EXTREMELY dry and flaky. Nothing could help the moisture of my skin, not even adding jojoba oil to my moisturizer. I contacted acne.org for advice on how to help my dry, flaky skin and red marks and they suggested this product. It truly works to help heal scars and red marks and to fix dry skin. The only con I can think of is that sometimes if I don't' wait long enough after washing my face to apply this lotion, it stings a tiny bit.Now that the regimen cleared my skin, I use benzoyl peroxide more as a spot treatment and AHA as a nightly moisturizer. Makes my skin very smooth. I know that Daniel Kern says that this product can be used as a spot treatment, but I don't' really find that it works very well for spot treatment.

10 user(s) found this helpful

October 11, 2011

Pros:

WORKS WONDERS!
-Helps fight acne, helps take down cysts
-Evens out skin tone and promote renewal of skin
-Helps reduce acne scars
-Feels great on face

Cons:

-Cause temporary redness on face, especially around sensitive skin areas
-Burns if you use too much and if its your first time trying it
-Increases chances of sun burn if no sunscreen is used

I've heard about the benefits of AHA lotions on acne and I have been using Eucerin Skin Renewal AHA lotion for 5 years while on the Acne.org regimen. It was just way too greasy and shiny on my face, and it didn't work as well as this. For the last two days, I first got to try Dan's AHA+ lotion and I was just amazed, it definitely helped with my stubborn chin cysts that massively formed after I tried quitting a regimen for a few weeks (bad mistake). I can't believe I have been missing out on this, I positively think this should be a requirement for the along with the regimen. I use a decent amount (just enough for my face to handle without my face getting too red) along with my cetaphil moisturizer, and then after, I spot treat on the areas where the acne has formed.

7 user(s) found this helpful

October 8, 2011

Pros:

LOVE it. Evens skin tone, clears active acne spots, shrinks pores, makes skin smooth and beautiful and moisturized

Cons:

Not good during the day unless you use just a TINY amount because it is thick/sticky. I haven't noticed any increase to sun sensitivity.

OK, I hate BP, SA, pretty muchI hate most all acne products. They usually dont help at all, make skin dry and irritated, and quick working if you miss only one day. This stuff rocks. It is moisturizing, and it clears Acne. I tried the "regimen" and pretty much everything else, to no avail. This stuff is the only thin that worked for me. All I did was wash with Neutrogena Naturals face wash, and this at night. At first, I GLOBBED this stuff on, just like you would with the BP in the regimen and rubbed it in gently but well. Now I use just a little bit, enough to cover. I use it only at night, in the morning I just splash with water to rinse it off. I am outdoor all day, never noticed any increased sun sensitivity but I always use some sunscreen. Bottom line, if you hate BP and it doesn't work for you, this is definitely worth a try. I cleared up within a few months completely, and it has been over a year of clear skin since then. My acne was Moderate/severe before, now it is non-existent. Also, this helps with the marks.

20 user(s) found this helpful

October 6, 2011

Pros:

- smoothes skin tremendously
- in my opinion, it smells good.
- diminishes scars and red marks.

Cons:

- purging period

I have been using bp for about 2 and a half weeks, and I started using this a week ago, first without bp, then both at night. I dunno, I guess you're not supposed to.. but it didn't burn that bad for me. However I only use bp at night. Anyways, this product is amazing! And since bp is claimed to have aging effects on the skin, I love this because it counteracts that. On my scars, I've seen some improvement.. but not much yet, I'll see. For acne overall, I don't feel this helps much, but the flakiness from the bp is gone! Thanks Dan for sharing this amazing product, I love it! :)
August 22, 2011

Pros:

Evens skin tone, easy to use, great texture, multitasking item!

Cons:

Increased sensitivity to sun

This stuff rocks!!! After years of wearing shirts with high necks and avoiding sleeveless tops, I'm beyond thrilled to have found something that banishes my chest and back acne. I have even been getting compliments on my "beautiful" skin and friends say that my complexion is "glowing". I truly thought I'd never see the day. I apply to my face at night only, and to my chest and back twice a day after using mild cleanser. I simply swap the AHA+ for my night lotion, and in the morning my skin texture is improved and my tone is nicely evened out. It also quickly reduces the size and redness of any pimples that emerge if I slack off on applying :P I love the price, I love the ease of use, and most of all I love that it WORKS! Thanks Dan :)

8 user(s) found this helpful

August 18, 2011

Pros:

*Makes acne marks/scars/discolorations fade away
*Helps zap active zits faster
*Gylcolic Acid at a great price

Cons:

smells bad, makes skin burn a bit

After using the product for 7 months, I can notice that my acne bumps and scars (which were left behind by previous acne) have faded away. Just, wow. I used to believe that nothing would make the horrible scars fade away, but this product proved me wrong. But you do have to use it everyday to see results. Promise u that after 6 months of everyday use, your marks will have faded way significantly. I first apply the acne.org benzoyl peroxide treatment, then wait 30 min.; then I apply acne.org moisturizer and AHA. I then apply the jojoba oil all over my face to avoid dryness and to smooth my skin for the next day. Lastly, I wait 10 min. and then apply the acne.org AHA as a spot treatment on all of the scars. *U have to use this product about 2 to 3 months after beginning to use benzoyl peroxide -otherwise your skin will burn too bad, and I mean it.* I have using this for 6 months, and my acne scars have significantly faded away; to do the whole regimen is annoying, but u stick with it and get your reward. I used to get embarrassed every time I approached a makeup counter at any store (because of my scars); but not anymore! I look more like myself now. You could too if u use this; but remember that it will work best and give dramatic results only if u use it every day. Oh, and it also helps the benzoyl peroxide zap zits much faster. Get it now!

12 user(s) found this helpful

August 15, 2011

Pros:

Cheap
Big
Last forever
Helps with acne and red marks
Very moisturizing

Cons:

Skin becomes a bit red.

After hearing all those benefits from AHA, I decided to give it a try. For the first two weeks, my skin didn't change at all and was very pink. However, after cutting down the usage to a dime-sized amount for the entire face, it's been working so well! Now I am seeing a difference on my face after a month! I highly recommend it to other people!

3 user(s) found this helpful

August 5, 2011

Pros:

evens skin tone, shrinks emerging pimples, large bottle

Cons:

very shiny

the product is quite shiny so i use it as a night cream (over the benzyol peroxide treatment). my skin is so soft and smooth i can't believe it. definately helps with scaring and stops emerging pimples in its tracks. i highly recommend this product!

7 user(s) found this helpful

August 2, 2011

Pros:

clear, smooth, even-toned skin!

and it can help prevent wrinkles in the future!

Cons:

seriously....nothing!

Ok, so i had light-moderate acne with really oily skin. I went on a light dose of accutane after my extremely persistant and stubborn acne failed to respond to other treatments. Accutane worked like a charm with minimal side effects. but everyone knows after so much time some of the acne and oil returns. THIS PRODUCT FIXED EVERYTHING! i use it as my regular moisturizer morning and night after i wash with a mild cleanser. my oil level has dropped, and i only have an occasional zit or 2 around my period. It's also the best bang for your buck! The tube is HUGE and even though its like $17, it has lasted me over a year (and remember, i use it twice a day)!! my real bottom line---TRY IT!

20 user(s) found this helpful