Notifications
Clear all

Is it okay to wax your eyebrows on Accutane?

MemberMember
(@doubutsuaietai)

Posted : 10/27/2005 11:49 am

I remember reading that you should not wax your eyebrows while on accutane...

I'm starting my third month on accutane, and I was curious if I really should avoid waxing.

Thanks~~ =D

MemberMember
(@tired_of_waiting)

Posted : 10/27/2005 12:06 pm

perhaps you should as that could be a LOT of irritation..mabye just tweeze for now?

MemberMember
(@carys)

Posted : 10/27/2005 1:10 pm

I wouldn't wax. I know how great your brows look after getting them waxed, but you should just try tweezing for now.

I just washed my face with a washcloth a little too roughly the other day and now I have this area of scabbing under my chin!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't even barely press down and my skin came off! I can't even imagine what waxing would do to my skin at this point. So far, while I've been on 'tane, tweezing has worked ok. It sucks because you have to keep up with it, but it makes my brows less bushy than they would be normally.

MemberMember
(@doubutsuaietai)

Posted : 10/27/2005 1:35 pm

I wouldn't wax. I know how great your brows look after getting them waxed, but you should just try tweezing for now.

I just washed my face with a washcloth a little too roughly the other day and now I have this area of scabbing under my chin!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't even barely press down and my skin came off! I can't even imagine what waxing would do to my skin at this point. So far, while I've been on 'tane, tweezing has worked ok. It sucks because you have to keep up with it, but it makes my brows less bushy than they would be normally.

My skin really isn't that sensative right now, oddly enough. It's a little dry, but that's it.

Thank you for letting me know that I shouldn't get them waxed. ~~

MemberMember
(@spezza)

Posted : 10/27/2005 2:40 pm

Oh man! I'm just about to start my course; I hope my skin doesn't get that sensitive - its already bad enough. As for waxing, I personally only pluck. Plucking works well for me. Though its true you have to do it more frequently, I like the greater control you have. Waxing can go badly too easily (at least it can for me).

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 10/27/2005 3:17 pm

My derm told me it couold rip your skin right off and you can scar. You have to wait six months for facial waxing AFTER 'tane.

MemberMember
(@reachy)

Posted : 10/27/2005 4:48 pm

lmfao...

well, I have a nice warning for all of you.

DON"T DO IT!!!!

Yes, I completely forgot that you couldn't and I got it done. It hurt a lot...then I went to look at the mirror and it was really red. A lot redder than normal. The skin ripped right off! Lmao!

I put some polysporin on it though, and it healed in a day or two...didn't leave any scars thankfully.

MemberMember
(@beautybabe)

Posted : 10/27/2005 5:04 pm

Please do not wax anywhere whilst on Roaccutane! It may rip your skin off! I waxed when i was on Roaccutane and it did just that!

I'm a beautician, so i should have known better!

MemberMember
(@ani_in_fl)

Posted : 10/27/2005 9:44 pm

I remember reading that you should not wax your eyebrows while on accutane...

I'm starting my third month on accutane, and I was curious if I really should avoid waxing.

Thanks~~ =D

Definitely avoid waxing! I didn't and OH MY GOSH! What a mess. Scabs for weeks. My derm was afraid it was going to scar.

MemberMember
(@yoohoo422)

Posted : 10/27/2005 9:47 pm

My derm told me it couold rip your skin right off and you can scar. You have to wait six months for facial waxing AFTER 'tane.

This is what I've heard as well, unfortunately....do a google search for Threading eyebrows as a possibility....

Carys, how soon or how long did it take for your skin to get so sensitive? Thus far, 18 pills in, my skin isn't sensitive....I imagine it is on the way though....

MemberMember
(@justjuice)

Posted : 10/27/2005 10:24 pm

i've waxed 2 times since starting accutane

MemberMember
(@doubutsuaietai)

Posted : 10/27/2005 11:25 pm

i've waxed 2 times since starting accutane

And what happened? O_O;

Is your skin all ripped off? xD;

MemberMember
(@sallygally)

Posted : 03/31/2019 9:11 pm

Im on accutane and got my eyebrows waxed...well attempted at least! The first strip pulled my skin right off! I do not suggest getting them waxed, but ask your waxer to pluck and trim your brows and they will look as good as new!