Notifications
Clear all

Results and what to expect in regard to acne scars

MemberMember
(@parnyabelgmail-com)

Posted : 12/28/2021 12:23 pm

Good day, I must first give my gratitude for anyone taking the time to read this , hopefully willing to take the time to answer this silly question. I have been researching about scars, particularly acne scars the past week and I've come across very interesting information i've never known before. While researching about scars, there has been very ambiguous and unclear assertions made about scars and I've yet to find someone who could address them. From my understanding, collagen will lessen as we age and scars will reappear as we get older, hence the need for more treatments. But there are many statements which contradicts this theory which suggests that If you stimulate collagen from your body, it is permanent and would not need any maintenance since it's basically your new skin. Is the latter true? If so, what treatments actually produce the permanent results?

Note:When i use the word permanent, I mean permanent tissue changes that would not be reversed back.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 12/28/2021 8:56 pm

Sure you lose your natural elasticity so your skin could look a bit sunken. But deep indents shouldnt return. Maybe you can expect a bit of more rolling appearance as you age.

MemberMember
(@parnyabelgmail-com)

Posted : 12/30/2021 10:56 am

@getsmart121Thanks for the reply! Why exactly would I be expecting a rolling scar, I'm having trouble understanding. Rolling scars are a form of depression and volume loss, if indents(volume loss) won't return why would rolling scars form as we age.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 12/30/2021 1:29 pm

I was just trying to emphasize that there could a bit of wavy appearance due to the fact in which we lose our elasticity as we age.